Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,673 members, 7,813,243 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? (19646 Views)

Man Shares The Type Of Building Blocks Being Made Now As A Result Of The Economy / Let Us Help You Manage Your Properties In Port Harcourt. / Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by CandidAdmin(m): 3:58pm On Aug 21, 2023
TheBTCinvestor:
Choi..I just remembered my rent will b due in October. Its 2.2m tongue

2.2m? How much u dey make annually then?
Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by oneclickng: 4:00pm On Aug 21, 2023
teekay213:

My close neighbor and I were talking about our rent which is due in 2 months time and we open up to each other about the situation of the country and how we are still coping with feeding our family,school fees and other bills from our salaries with nothing left and some debts sef not to talk of savings for rent.

And I wonder how do people especially family men manage to pay their rent in this bad economy ??
It's favouring me and my family
Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by Kaiser20: 4:04pm On Aug 21, 2023
One of the Agbadorians said that his family doesn't have hope of payment of house rent and feeding.
But they are busy praying for God to make Tinubu win at the tribunal.
Their reward is waiting in Heaven.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by TheBTCinvestor: 4:08pm On Aug 21, 2023
CandidAdmin:

2.2m? How much u dey make annually then?

Lol...question for the gods undecided
Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by cocoined: 4:10pm On Aug 21, 2023
Evolutionlove:
I have built and live in my own House.

Good day sir. I sent you a PM. Kindly respond pls.
Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by CaptainFM1: 4:14pm On Aug 21, 2023
As a rule of thumb, don't take an apartment that your 2months salary cannot cover.

Same advice goes to Landlords, don't take tenants who's two month salary cannot cumulate his annual rent.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by Blackdisciple(m): 4:15pm On Aug 21, 2023
Hmmm cry
Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by Georgejeez: 4:15pm On Aug 21, 2023
My own problem now is how to increase the rent of my tenant successfully in this Agbado eCORNomic regime .

Same rent madam has been paying for more than 5 years , I haven't increased it once , now I want to increase it because the rent isn't even scratching the surface of the money I spend weekly due to the high cost of living.

cry cry cry but how do I increase the rent of a Monthly tenant who's owing more than 4 months , how I wan do am ?.

Make somebody advice me biko .

Or am I too soft ?

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by Minjim: 4:16pm On Aug 21, 2023
I can't meet up my rent. I begged my landlord for extension of the expiration.
You can't imagine that in the church this man called me and sat me down and start asking how much I have with me as cash now.

I was dumbfounded, me that I don't have up to 10k in my account. And I've told him already I will struggle to make 200k by end of August.
People are owing me too and they keep begging for time.

I really hate to miss my payment with my landlord because he's not the considerate type at all.

I'm just begging God for divine intervention now because on my own ,I can't meet up again

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by Minjim: 4:18pm On Aug 21, 2023
CaptainFM1:
As a rule of thumb, don't take an apartment that your 2months salary cannot cover.

Same advice goes to Landlords, don't take tenants who's two month salary cannot cumulate his annual rent.

How will the landlord know a tenant salary?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by Georgejeez: 4:20pm On Aug 21, 2023
Minjim:
I can't meet up my rent. I begged my landlord for extension of the expiration.
You can't imagine that in the church this man called me and sat me down and start asking how much I have with me as cash now.

I was dumbfounded, me that I don't have up to 10k in my account. And I've told him already I will struggle to make 200k by end of August.
People are owing me too and they keep begging for time.

I really hate to miss my payment with my landlord because he's not the considerate type at all.

I'm just begging God for divine intervention now because on my own ,I can't meet up again

It is well cry
Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by Henrydata(m): 4:20pm On Aug 21, 2023
IyaTola:
I see people who ask these questions as irresponsible fellas, it like to the fact that the day your wife misses her period she has given you 9 months notice to prepare. Same thing goes for your rent, the day you rent the house start making provision for your next month rent either by setting a specific amount every month into a fund that will be yielding interest

For instance, if you rent is 60k, 500 naira a day would amount to 3000 a month and so 72k per year.
grin

Exactly, u said it all

1 Like

Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by obotematics: 4:28pm On Aug 21, 2023
God will certainly turn up for you.
Trust him!
I have been there before.
Beg your landlord
Negotiate and restrategise dazzol
Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by Ajione(m): 4:28pm On Aug 21, 2023
Me self just the think, my landlord is a kind of man that don't joke with money.
The man is rich.
Once it's a week above the day you suppose pay and you don't pay. The whole word will knew about it.
God please bless my hustle to pay this year rent without any disgrace because am not a lazy man.
I pray make God surprise me in this difficult time.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 21, 2023
cocoined:

Good day sir. I sent you a PM. Kindly respond pls.

You can quote me on an old Thread. I'll respond.
Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by DanielsParker(m): 4:34pm On Aug 21, 2023
If you work and earn, you can actually plan and pay your rent effortlessly.

a. Divide your rent by 12 ( 12 months). At the end of each month, whenever you get paid, you transfer the monthly budget for you rent to a separate account or to your piggyvest.

b. If you don’t earn monthly, divide your rent by 52 ( 52 weeks in a year). at the end of each week, make sure you send the weekly budget for your rent to a separate account or safelock it in your piggyvest.

With this, you can pay your rent effortlessly..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by cocoined: 4:36pm On Aug 21, 2023
Evolutionlove:

You can quote me on an old Thread. I'll respond.

Ok sir. Let me look for one
Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by crossbreedwears(m): 4:38pm On Aug 21, 2023
Some landlords can never make heaven especially those that inherited properties
teekay213:
you have a nice landlord,,,I pleaded with my landlord to reduce it to 6 months rent he no gree...Na A year rent he want and if you're a week late na wahala
Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by crossbreedwears(m): 4:39pm On Aug 21, 2023
How??
oluwaseyi0:
ensuring house rent is less than 1 month salary
Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by olamilarks(m): 4:43pm On Aug 21, 2023
teekay213:

My close neighbor and I were talking about our rent which is due in 2 months time and we open up to each other about the situation of the country and how we are still coping with feeding our family,school fees and other bills from our salaries with nothing left and some debts sef not to talk of savings for rent.

And I wonder how do people especially family men manage to pay their rent in this bad economy ??
Piggyvest Target = Rent/365, works for me every year!

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by twilliamx(m): 4:45pm On Aug 21, 2023
GOD
Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by nicefred: 4:45pm On Aug 21, 2023
This Tinubu formular of solving Nigeria problem will collapsed the economy . Even if you are earnings 200k monthly it will never be enough. Some of us who God have helped to built house early enough may not know what some people are going through. I prayed God see them through these unbearable period.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by abuhusna1: 4:45pm On Aug 21, 2023
teekay213:
you have a nice landlord,,,I pleaded with my landlord to reduce it to 6 months rent he no gree...Na A year rent he want and if you're a week late na wahala
You mean paying every six months or paying for six months for a one year rent. He no clear
Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by Mustoph1(m): 4:45pm On Aug 21, 2023
Still owing house rent
Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by 2pacarnate(m): 4:46pm On Aug 21, 2023
Truth hurts

Na people (families)living in Lagos i dey pity,majorly island to ibeju lekki 🤣🤣

Thank God say sapa been son drive me go village then relocate to Ibadan where I dey live my life jejely without wahala dey build up.i think say obi go win and naija go better na so I give my wife belle she come born second child,before APC come tell me say town hall (buhari) different from balablu(tinubu)but all in all,with the help of my Maya and living in Ibadan cashing out small small,igbo guy no.go.carry last na

Infact as a good rap artist I don trigger carnival for my villa this Xmas so I go take mop up funds for more establishment 🤣

Sense no go kill me.

Anyways

TRUTH HURTS!😉

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by attat(m): 4:50pm On Aug 21, 2023
By avoiding my landlord
Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by Blitzking: 4:53pm On Aug 21, 2023
Ppl paying rent una dey try oo...thanks to pop c of blessed memory I no dey pay rent all my salary, businesses/side hustle use it to invest and live a comfortable life for me and my family.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by teekay213(m): 4:58pm On Aug 21, 2023
phemmyfour:
Prioritise. You have 12 months to plan
what if your kids fall sick and have to break the piggy bag?
Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by Akharmony: 4:58pm On Aug 21, 2023
Some of us already own a house ..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2bedroom Ensuite In Peaceland Estate,ogombo,ajah / Advice Needed On Aluminium Longspan Roofing Sheet Thickness / Building A Shopping Mall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.