Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,536 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? (19666 Views)

Man Shares The Type Of Building Blocks Being Made Now As A Result Of The Economy / Let Us Help You Manage Your Properties In Port Harcourt. / Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by rafcrown(m): 6:39pm On Aug 21, 2023
HOW DO YOU MANAGE TO SLEEP OUTSIDE WITH MOSQUITOES FOR FAILURE TO PAY HOUSE RENT?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by Mountbatten: 6:57pm On Aug 21, 2023
Just plan ahead and save.

My rent is ≥₦2M for 2BD so I started saving ₦5k a day towards that as I planned my rent to always expire Dec 31.

Despite the inflation, I hope I'll be fine, and no unfortunate circumstance breaks my financial planning. I hope to stop renting soon and own my own flat.

Your rent shouldn't be over 30% of your annual income.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by Zinpat: 7:21pm On Aug 21, 2023
[quote author=teekay213 post=125257514]

My close neighbor and I were talking about our rent which is due in 2 months time and we open up to each other about the situation of the country and how we are still coping with feeding our family,school fees and other bills from our salaries with nothing left and some debts sef not to talk of savings for rent.

And I wonder how do people especially family men manage to pay their rent in this bad economy ??[/quote

Hmmm... 1st time to owe my landlord
Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by seanwilliam(m): 7:27pm On Aug 21, 2023
ibechris:

For me,paying rent is more economical than building a house and before u come too hard,I am an estate surveyor by both vocation and practice.

Owing a house isn't the ultimate,if i invest 50million in a house for instance,I can make 5million from renting 5 or 6 units of two bedroom but if invest same in one year into my business,I am sure to make a total of 28million from it. That is why when put together,I have hesitated to proceed in owing my house.
We’re saying different things bro.
What I’m saying is that most of these guys complaining about paying house rent , they’re the first to take the first shot when it comes to broke-shaming people on nairaland. So it’s safe to conclude that they’re broke and they’re not what they claimed to be.

. As regards your reply , I agree 100% with you.
I built mine at a very young age, tbh, I some how some how regret it , if I had pumped the money into the business I am right now, trust me I’ll have made x1000( I’m not exaggerating atall). But I’m still kinda happy that I didn’t waste the money on frivolities . Atleast the house is there forever and I can put it for rent if I wish too in the future.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by IyaTola: 7:27pm On Aug 21, 2023
kindlyheart:

[b]Bros[/b]Sis, it is not that easy. Most businesses now ain't making enough sales despite the high cost of everything.
My mom runs a small grocery shop, she saves 500 naira everyday, it what she uses to pay her shop rent and stock the shop. Stop making excuses,take action

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by IyaTola: 7:29pm On Aug 21, 2023
Fame1309:

Oga let person hear word.for the fact that you are fortunate is a reason to thank God,not for you to start equating every body as you.
I am not fortunate at all, infact I dey trenches tire.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by Emekayoung(m): 7:48pm On Aug 21, 2023
teekay213:
you have a nice landlord,,,I pleaded with my landlord to reduce it to 6 months rent he no gree...Na A year rent he want and if you're a week late na wahala
He can't kiiill or throw you out,he can rant and disturb. Highest is to give you quit notice which warrants 6 months interval. They know everywhere is hard but you don't expect them to keep quiet. They must continue to put pressure on you so you can make effort. That's life.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by Annahh(f): 7:53pm On Aug 21, 2023
I thankGod my one month salary can pay my rent. wink

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by Annahh(f): 7:54pm On Aug 21, 2023
TheBTCinvestor:

Lol...question for the gods undecided
2.2m, you are working for your landlord.
Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by Emekayoung(m): 7:58pm On Aug 21, 2023
IyaTola:
I see people who ask these questions as irresponsible fellas, it liken to the fact that the day your wife misses her period she has given you 9 months notice to prepare. Same thing goes for your rent, the day you rent the house start making provision for your next year rent either by setting a specific amount every month into a fund that will be yielding interest

For instance, if you rent is 60k, 500 naira a day would amount to 3000 a month and so 72k per year.
grin
You are talking trashh,it is easier said than done. Just pray you don't experience a problem that will make it impossible for you to meet up your rentage fee. There are situations where you save alot of money and one of your kids or your wife becomes sickkk and taken to the hospital,then you will be left with no other option than to go take that rent money to save your family. What of people who have only one source of income and something terrible happens? If life is easy for you doesn't mean it's also easy for others,and don't use it as means to mock other people. No matter what you do in this life,save your life and your family first.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by ibechris(m): 8:02pm On Aug 21, 2023

80% of guys here are not only broke,many are jobless and broke,hence their frustration on others

seanwilliam:

We’re saying different things bro.
What I’m saying is that most of these guys complaining about paying house rent , they’re the first to take the first shot when it comes to broke-shaming people on nairaland. So it’s safe to conclude that they’re broke and they’re not what they claimed to be.

. As regards your reply , I agree 100% with you.
I built mine at a very young age, tbh, I some how some how regret it , if I had pumped the money into the business I am right now, trust me I’ll have made x1000( I’m not exaggerating atall). But I’m still kinda happy that I didn’t waste the money on frivolities . Atleast the house is there forever and I can put it for rent if I wish too in the future.
Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by FabulousAutos(m): 8:03pm On Aug 21, 2023
Thank God i dont bother myself with rent anymore cus I moved into my house two months before inauguration. Thank God for solar. I dunno how I'd have coped with fuel and epileptic power supply.
Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by IyaTola: 8:09pm On Aug 21, 2023
Emekayoung:

You are talking trashh,pray you don't experience a problem that will make it impossible for you to meet up your rentage fee. There are situations where you save and one of your kids or your wife becomes sickkk and taken to the hospital,then you will be left with no other choice than to go take that rent money to save your family. What of people who have only one source of income and something terrible happens. No matter what you do in this life,save your life and your family first.
it's obvious you don't have a budget. When you have a budget have an emergency funds

I have MMF food stuff
Treasury bills emergency funds (Medical or Mama calls for something urgent)
US stock market
Nigeria stock market
REITS takes care of my rent
Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by bamideleoyin(f): 8:15pm On Aug 21, 2023
Hmmm Miracle no dey tired Jesus o
Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by Damilola20000: 8:29pm On Aug 21, 2023
teekay213:
you have a nice landlord,,,I pleaded with my landlord to reduce it to 6 months rent he no gree...Na A year rent he want and if you're a week late na wahala

My landlord dey collect house rent monthly
Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by sekundosekundo: 8:35pm On Aug 21, 2023
teekay213:

Don't rent house of a jobless landlord whose only source of income is the house.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by Quebec91(m): 8:49pm On Aug 21, 2023
cheesy
teekay213:

My close neighbor and I were talking about our rent which is due in 2 months time and we open up to each other about the situation of the country and how we are still coping with feeding our family,school fees and other bills from our salaries with nothing left and some debts sef not to talk of savings for rent.

And I wonder how do people especially family men manage to pay their rent in this bad economy ??
Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by Quebec91(m): 8:49pm On Aug 21, 2023
Lucky you

Landlady like her is fucking rare
wrongman665:
Things are hard aswear, i thank God for my landlady, she understand how life in this country is.
Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by Quebec91(m): 8:50pm On Aug 21, 2023
cheesy
Chummynoni:
I pray make God provide by December make I fit pay rent before E due for January . My landlady Dey hopeful say I de pay atimes 2months before rent due, I hope I no go disappoint this time around 🤣country frown 🥺
Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by gregng(m): 8:56pm On Aug 21, 2023
I kept telling people, Nigeria economy cannot help u to survive in one stream income...

You need diversify ur strategies. For u to survive in these present day, 3 stram incone is neccessary..

Don't depend on ur salary only... God help us all...
Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by OBIDIENTNAIJA: 9:10pm On Aug 21, 2023
Alliswell248:

Keep deceiving yourself.
No wonder you were referred to by two of your prominent sons as:
Unlearned
Uncultured
Headless mob.

Ugm and esn has destroyed your reasoning.

When is Hoebi coming?
Jokers won't to rule the zoo.
You will explain Taya hahahahahaha
Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by HumbleWunmi(m): 9:15pm On Aug 21, 2023
unserious person has drop a quote,what job supercedes building a house to let. You don't tell anyone what type of business they want to use their money to do...I see people who reasons like you as lazy ass niggas.
sekundosekundo:

Don't rent house of a jobless landlord whose only source of income is the house.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by Lilfire(m): 9:17pm On Aug 21, 2023
My rent is due 200k I don't have one naira as servings to pay this is the first time it is happening I need a miracle, pls God come through for me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by Gandrova: 9:53pm On Aug 21, 2023
Don't pay your rent, be ready to be flushed out
Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by Emekayoung(m): 10:13pm On Aug 21, 2023
IyaTola:
it's obvious you don't have a budget. When you have a budget have an emergency funds

I have MMF food stuff
Treasury bills emergency funds (Medical or Mama calls for something urgent)
US stock market
Nigeria stock market
REITS takes care of my rent
Thank God for you. And like i said "don't mock others" if your sources of income is flowing like tap. It's very obvious you don't even get the point at all. There are alot of people who make money but as the money is coming in something serious is draining the money out. So don't judge people when you don't know their situation. Let's just rest the case.
Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by Nyne: 10:21pm On Aug 21, 2023
OBIDIENTNAIJA:
God is in control. Ebola Tinubu and his demented agbado miscreant have short span in that ASO ROCK they used crook to occupy. When they're kicked out on there licking butts, and the rightful winner is declared things will fall on place.
God is telling us through this hardship that he doesn't tolerate drug barons to lead His people.

ALL EYES ON THE JUDICIARY

NO DISTRACTIONS

Tinubu is a very useless man. I pray disgrace befalls him

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by Emekayoung(m): 10:50pm On Aug 21, 2023
Nyne:

Tinubu is a very useless man. I pray disgrace befalls him
Amen o. That animallll has caused alot of damages for his selfish reasons.
Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by Rinoxy: 11:05pm On Aug 21, 2023
CaptainFM1:
As a rule of thumb, don't take an apartment that your 2months salary cannot cover.

Same advice goes to Landlords, don't take tenants who's two month salary cannot cumulate his annual rent.
Are you expecting landlords to ask prospective tenants how much they make in a month, and are you expecting the intending tenant to divulge such private information? I don't think so.
Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by online4business: 11:29pm On Aug 21, 2023
House rent expire I no wan hear stories when I come to collect my rent ooo.

If you've been preparing it should be a walk in the park.

But no you most people rent house they cannot afford to pay for all in the name of good environment and mental health.

Abeg if you dey read this thread and you dey my house for bayelsa or delta I dey come collect rent ooo.

No stories
Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by online4business: 11:34pm On Aug 21, 2023
sekundosekundo:

When I dey build/buy the house where you dey na Mr employee.

Don't hate Hussle make you build your own.
I go follow you celebrate oo cement now na 5k plus rod that one na another tori
Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by Nettybrown(m): 12:18am On Aug 22, 2023
Thomdock
Re: How Do You Manage To Pay Rent In This Bad Economy? by sekundosekundo: 12:20am On Aug 22, 2023
online4business:

When I dey build/buy the house where you dey na Mr employee.

Don't hate Hussle make you build your own.
I go follow you celebrate oo cement now na 5k plus rod that one na another tori

Should I dash you one in Dubai?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Buying A Land In An Estate? / 2bedroom Ensuite In Peaceland Estate,ogombo,ajah / Advice Needed On Aluminium Longspan Roofing Sheet Thickness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.