Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help (15724 Views)

Nigerians Are Very Wicked / .....help... Wicked Landlord Building People's Death... Lagos Govt Take Note / Landlord Blasts Outgoing Tenants Over Toilet Misuse: "Are These Humans Or Pigs?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by loricara: 12:13am On Aug 22, 2023
I rented an apartment in March when I moved in I discovered the house was leaking water all over the places according to landlord he said more than 30 places but I think it was around 10 places.

We agreed he will refund me house rent and agreement and I left immediately in April.

This is 4 months he has rented the house still refused to refund me.

Every time from one story to another he has more than 6 shops he has 2 story building yet he said no money business is not moving.

I'm tired someone please help me we are both Igbos in this Lagos and I'm 22 I need my money back please help me.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by Mophor: 12:22am On Aug 22, 2023

1 Like

Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by Thundafireseun: 12:25am On Aug 22, 2023
grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by silvoclaira: 3:26am On Aug 22, 2023
angry Get a lawyer or get a soldier(

Those kind of wicked Property owner can make someone miserable and helpless just because they need a refund.

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by Chibuzoripob: 6:31am On Aug 22, 2023
sad it is ur fellow brother. 🐕 don't eat dog abomination. Wait,he'll give u ur money

5 Likes

Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by Ikennaford: 11:49am On Aug 22, 2023
How much is that my dear? Your money is gone, he ain't gonna refund that

1 Like

Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by zed7: 11:49am On Aug 22, 2023
Take him to court. On a serious note, report him here https://lasrera.lagosstate.gov.ng/complaint.jsp

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by Cemsorcems: 11:49am On Aug 22, 2023
A
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by oluwaseyi0: 11:49am On Aug 22, 2023
check if someone else has taken the apartment, if yes

bring soldier or police

he's meant to pay you from the new rent not from his business or personal pocket

A friend of mine had reason to leave his rented lagos apartment after 2 month into 12-month rent, immediate someone else packed in the landlord refunded his porated rent

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by NutritionGuru: 11:50am On Aug 22, 2023
It is even worse when you pay landlord with so painfully hard-earned money in this frustrating Economy. Temptation would be high to take laws into your hands and harm him, but pls don't. Just lay his case before The CREATOR of Humanity on your personal Alter in your Room. Every morning and Night in your Prayers, ask your CREATOR for how you want HIM to deal with the Landlord whether to Soften his heart to favour you or to Judge him. Unless you don't Worship CREATOR of Humanity daily, if you consistently Report the Landlord to HIM for 7 Days especially with Fasting, you will be shocked and amazed with the Result.

In another news, Although, it is not bad to be a Salary earner, but the number of Nigerian Youths that are wasting away Searching for Salary Jobs is pathetic. The Strength of every Sensible Nation is the Youths, and Food Production is the number 1 Area of Application of that Strength. Ukraine became the highest wheat Producer and Exporter in the World after their Government focused on putting out incentives that magnetized and Encouraged their massive Youths into Farming.

Have you seen the trending WhatsApp message Today? About much of the 5Billion that has already being disbursed to the State, see the Screenshot below:

The only way for Federal Government to avoid this wickedness Kleptomaniacy of the Governors is to Invest these Palliative Monies into Youth-oriented Agric Plantations. Using as much as N5Billion per State to motivate the Youths into Farming would have excellently Serve a multidimensional Purpose of Reducing Crime Rate due to Devil's Workshop (our Youths' idle hands) and make Foods super cheap and surplus for Exportation within a short Period. I wish those that have President's Ear would let him know this Truth. Agriculture is our greatest Natural Key to Development and Global Dominance. The Great Obafemi Awolowo proved it to the shocking of the Europeans.

New Government Farm Lands should be cut out for the mature Youths and Adults to use, and after a Year of Confirming the ones that are serious with Productive Life and Progress, the Lands should only be taken from any that is not serious with Crop Production and given to others that would be in que to maximize the Opportunity. All that the Great Obafemi Awolowo achieved for Yoruba Land (such as the now: Nigerian Embassy in Britain, Nigerian Muslim Pilgrim House in Mecca, and Christian Pilgrim House in Jerusalem, Cocoa House, Oluwa Glass Production Industry, Odua Textile Cloth Production Industry, Dunlup Tyer Manufacturing Industry, and many more) were all achieved with Monies for Cocoa Farming Plantations that the Great Visionary Awolowo used his Government to Establish for the Youths back then. He also ensure the Exportation of the Products as soon as the Youths have harvested, this generated so much forex for the Western Nigerian Government those days.

It is Time for the current Nigeria Government to Invest the Palliative Money aright! Focus it on Drawing the Youths into Lucrative Agriculture!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by ggoldmine: 11:50am On Aug 22, 2023
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by fredodo007(m): 11:50am On Aug 22, 2023
Go get a lawyer. Once he gets a letter from your lawyer. He will succumb
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by Yugoslavia247(m): 11:50am On Aug 22, 2023
loricara:
I rented an apartment in March when I moved in I discovered the house was leaking water all over the places according to landlord he said more than 30 places but I think it was around 10 places.

We agreed he will refund me house rent and agreement and I left immediately in April.

This is 4 months he has rented the house still refused to refund me.

Every time from one story to another he has more than 6 shops he has 2 story building yet he said no money business is not moving.

I'm tired someone please help me we are both Igbos in this Lagos and I'm 22 I need my money back please help me.

We are both igbos.

So why add that

For what exactly.

Then settle it in Igbo way.

47 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by prodigyy(m): 11:50am On Aug 22, 2023
Get a lawyer
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by princeade86(m): 11:50am On Aug 22, 2023
Take him to human right
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by wunmi590(m): 11:50am On Aug 22, 2023

This are the few people spoiling the names of better lanlord, please report him to the high authority....

If you have a DSS friend, let them come and pick him up and lock him up for 1 month, so that he's greedy head will reset back to normal...

4 Likes

Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by sylve11: 11:50am On Aug 22, 2023
Hmmm cool
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by Whiteangel1234: 11:50am On Aug 22, 2023
Manage the house , He have use your money to order goods
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by MosayA: 11:51am On Aug 22, 2023
Go Civil Defence go settle the matter

3 Likes

Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by Wickedfacts: 11:51am On Aug 22, 2023
loricara:
Please help me we are both Igbos in this Lagos.

The enemy of any Igbo man anywhere is another Igbo man.

When you travel out, you will understand better.

2 Likes

Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by Clanhub: 11:51am On Aug 22, 2023
Are you a good tenant?
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by meum: 11:51am On Aug 22, 2023
Go find soldier make e follow am talk.

You go Dey trust man? No written agreement just verbal agreement. Dey play.
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by princeade86(m): 11:52am On Aug 22, 2023
silvoclaira:
angry Get a lawyer or get a soldier.

Those kind of wicked Property owner can make someone miserable and helpless just because they need a refund.
good advice. Get soldiers and give them change, na immediately u go get ur money.

2 Likes

Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by Rawmaterial(m): 11:52am On Aug 22, 2023
How much is the amount?
For many years rent?
Where in Lagos?
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by buygala(m): 11:52am On Aug 22, 2023
Only legal remedy is to take the landlord to court to recover your money..

Anything else is illegal and may land you in trouble..... That's all I have to say..
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by LandOwners: 11:52am On Aug 22, 2023
report at the police station and get a lawyer
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by Tokskob2008: 11:53am On Aug 22, 2023
The man is a fraudster.....So he went ahead and rented the apartment to another victim in that sorry state and refused to refund your cash, meaning he rented just one apartment to two different individuals ..

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

F.c.t( Abuja). Availability Of Direct Government Allocation / Plateau Government Begins Demolition Of Substandard Buildings In Jos (PHOTOS) / Illegal Structures At Oke Afa Demolished By Lagos State Government (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.