Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,996 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help (15710 Views)

Nigerians Are Very Wicked / .....help... Wicked Landlord Building People's Death... Lagos Govt Take Note / Landlord Blasts Outgoing Tenants Over Toilet Misuse: "Are These Humans Or Pigs?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by LyfeJennings(m): 1:13pm On Aug 22, 2023
loricara:
I rented an apartment in March when I moved in I discovered the house was leaking water all over the places according to landlord he said more than 30 places but I think it was around 10 places.

We agreed he will refund me house rent and agreement and I left immediately in April.

This is 4 months he has rented the house still refused to refund me.

Every time from one story to another he has more than 6 shops he has 2 story building yet he said no money business is not moving.

I'm tired someone please help me we are both Igbos in this Lagos and I'm 22 I need my money back please help me.

Where is the place
If U willing to pay me
I can rent U my mercenaries
U will get ur money in a week max
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by djbussy(m): 1:14pm On Aug 22, 2023
Get evidence of your payment via transfer . If na cash you pay, him go deny if him no give you receipt. Meet human right police , Dem go detain am and charge to court if him no wan pay you. Other option , report to God or call ur village oracle.
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by hakeemhakeem(m): 1:20pm On Aug 22, 2023
Ijaya123:
Go and report him at the Citizen Mediation Centre at Motorway, close to 7-Up in Alausa.

Op follow this advise if you are in Lagos, the agency are in every local government in Lagos
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by mrgreen4real(m): 1:28pm On Aug 22, 2023
Just put fire 🔥 for the house. shikena
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by WesternPanzer: 1:35pm On Aug 22, 2023
loricara:
I rented an apartment in March when I moved in I discovered the house was leaking water all over the places according to landlord he said more than 30 places but I think it was around 10 places.

We agreed he will refund me house rent and agreement and I left immediately in April.

Every time from one story to another he has more than 6 shops he has 2 story building yet he said no money business is not moving.

I'm tired someone please help me we are both Igbos in this Lagos and I'm 22 I need my money back please help me.

Iddiot girl. Why insert the "we are both Igbos"? Was this thread created to bash Igbos further?

Ewu.

1 Like

Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by Opanka44(m): 2:19pm On Aug 22, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
check if someone else has taken the apartment, if yes

bring soldier or police

he's meant to pay you from the new rent not from his business or personal pocket

A friend of mine had reason to leave his rented lagos apartment after 2 month into 12-month rent, immediate someone else packed in he refunded his porated rent

Didn't u read what he wrote up there ? Some of u can be terribly annoying

1 Like

Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by Olumeme: 2:23pm On Aug 22, 2023
Move and arrest the landlord or if your state has Rent Tribunal, locate it.
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by dhayoh: 2:33pm On Aug 22, 2023
If you have the evidence of payment, report him at the nearest police station but know that Olopa go collect part of the money.
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by dododawa1: 2:53pm On Aug 22, 2023
Inform LAGOS LANDLORD
MC OLUOMO
AND SEE
RESULT.
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by charleskl(m): 3:39pm On Aug 22, 2023
Just use soldier carry am go barracks....d rest is history grin grin
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by crossbreedwears(m): 3:39pm On Aug 22, 2023
Soldier lol lol lol
silvoclaira:
angry Get a lawyer or get a soldier.

Those kind of wicked Property owner can make someone miserable and helpless just because they need a refund.
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by crossbreedwears(m): 3:43pm On Aug 22, 2023
We are both igbos is the reason the country is backward. If the landlord was from another tribe, i am sure you would have found a solution before coming to NL. You better report the issue to appropriate authority and forget the tribe of a thing.
loricara:

Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by crossbreedwears(m): 3:45pm On Aug 22, 2023
It's better than losing all the money
Kobicove:

So you think getting a lawyer or soldier will not cost him additional money? undecided
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by MsBella: 3:59pm On Aug 22, 2023
zed7:
Take him to court. On a serious note, report him here https://lasrera.lagosstate.gov.ng/complaint.jsp

Hello. Please, is there a similar website for FCT?
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by HelipsTech: 5:05pm On Aug 22, 2023
[quote author=ggoldmine post=125280283][Why not use all that money to pay for subsidy?]
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by galantjoe(m): 7:53pm On Aug 22, 2023
Forget that money to save your life. Many landlords are wicked and they can do anything to harm you in order not to eat.

Save your life.

You did not exercise due care before paying for the house. The legal maxim "Caveat emptor" had exonerated the landlord from any liability. By evicting yourself, you have relinquish your right of possession
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by galantjoe(m): 7:57pm On Aug 22, 2023
Cmanforall:

Owning a property does not make one wicked.

This tenant would have negotiated with the landlord.
He would have suggested that the landlord should repair the leaking areas with specified duration. And one or 2 month rent (depending on the costs) for next year will be deducted

OP...
How much is the rent?

You said my thought

That tenant did not exercise due care and this that legal maxim caveat emptor exonerate the landlord
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by Anonymoususher: 11:00pm On Aug 22, 2023
loricara:

Go-to office of public defender in surulere and report him. If it's not within their jurisdiction they will refer you to citizen mediation centre yaba to take up the case.

I did that to my mad landlord last year and he respected himself
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by DrDunamis(m): 11:32pm On Aug 22, 2023
loricara:

Police
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by marvellous2222: 3:43am On Aug 23, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

We are both igbos.

So why add that

For what exactly.

Then settle it in Igbo way.
that's reason why igbo cannot rule this country because you people are full of anarchy
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by Yugoslavia247(m): 5:25am On Aug 23, 2023
marvellous2222:
that's reason why igbo cannot rule this country because you people are full of anarchy

Lol.

Wetin this get to do with rulership.

I no get your time.
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by Aarenasbaba(m): 11:14am On Aug 23, 2023
It’s a civil matter…… court of competent jurisdiction would handle it
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by Emeksman: 6:38pm On Aug 23, 2023
Na small case nah. Summon him in okija shrine.
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by loricara: 6:56pm On Sep 13, 2023
galantjoe:

You said my thought

That tenant did not exercise due care and this that legal maxim caveat emptor exonerate the landlord

He has not refunded me untill now. Please understand I met him for possible solution he said he will fix it ge brought someone he charged 200k but he doesn't have such and wouldn't want anyone to climb the roof.
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by loricara: 6:57pm On Sep 13, 2023
Mjshexy:
Did you move into the apartment since then or you got another house?
I moved out and squat with my friend.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Will You Buy A House With A Maid's Room? / PHOTOS: Lagos Govt Visits Collapsed Building In Lekki / F.c.t( Abuja). Availability Of Direct Government Allocation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.