Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,751 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help (15773 Views)

Nigerians Are Very Wicked / .....help... Wicked Landlord Building People's Death... Lagos Govt Take Note / Landlord Blasts Outgoing Tenants Over Toilet Misuse: "Are These Humans Or Pigs?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by Rawmaterial(m): 11:53am On Aug 22, 2023
How much is the amount?
For how many years rent?
Where in Lagos?
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by nzebig: 11:53am On Aug 22, 2023
Try contacting the landlord association of the area.. guess that a good start
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by Cantonese: 11:53am On Aug 22, 2023
Hmm.

Carry white chalk with kolanut inside plate, add an palmoil, with the man name. Put an fir front of the man house. E go take speed before you thinking say you be native doctor.

If you like tie red cloth for head, carry small horn for hand reach the man front, begin call him name.

But if the man go get sense, bros run o.

Jokes apart, simply invite the police from Panti street, Yaba. E go beg pay the money.
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by BoldBrainz(m): 11:54am On Aug 22, 2023
Don't take any of these rubbish recommendations about getting a lawyer. Your ex landlord is obviously a rascal and diplomacy doesn't work in the streets.

Get three army recruit boys. There's hunger and all of them are moving around with rage and red eyes. Treat them to lunch, alcohol and weed. Then table your problem.

If your money doesn't come out the day of the encounter between them and that thief, come back and call me out!

1 Like

Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by Queenext: 11:54am On Aug 22, 2023
U
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by Berrityga: 11:54am On Aug 22, 2023
They always think their cheap juju will save them. Carry soldiers and bundle him up he will cough out your money and the money to settle the soldiers too.
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by Kobicove(m): 11:55am On Aug 22, 2023
silvoclaira:
angry Get a lawyer or get a soldier.

Those kind of wicked Property owner can make someone miserable and helpless just because they need a refund.

So you think getting a lawyer or soldier will not cost him additional money? undecided
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by Cmanforall: 11:58am On Aug 22, 2023
silvoclaira:

Those kind of wicked Property owner can make someone miserable and helpless just because they need a refund.

Owning a property does not make one wicked.

This tenant would have negotiated with the landlord.
He would have suggested that the landlord should repair the leaking areas with specified duration. And one or 2 month rent (depending on the costs) for next year will be deducted

OP...
How much is the rent?

1 Like

Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by tuzle(m): 12:02pm On Aug 22, 2023
Clanhub:
Are you a good tenant?
what business does being a good tenant have to do with refunding his money

1 Like

Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by callmevirus(m): 12:03pm On Aug 22, 2023
How much is the landlord owing you?
How much you fit pay me make we run am sharpaly
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by qtx(m): 12:03pm On Aug 22, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
check if someone else has taken the apartment, if yes

bring soldier or police

he's meant to pay you from the new rent not from his business or personal pocket

A friend of mine had reason to leave his rented lagos apartment after 2 month into 12-month rent, immediate someone else packed in he refunded his porated rent

t
Dont waste your time with police. soldier? yes. Police na no go area for any serious biz. i dont use them.

1 Like

Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by Oneday82: 12:04pm On Aug 22, 2023
loricara:
I rented an apartment in March when I moved in I discovered the house was leaking water all over the place according to the landlord he said more than 30 places but I think it was around 10 places.

We agreed he will refund me the house rent and agreement and I left immediately in April.

This is 4 months he has rented the house still refused to refund me.

Every time from one story to another he has more than 6 shops he has 2 story building yet he said no money business is not moving.

I'm tired someone please help me we are both Igbos in this Lagos and I'm 22 I need my money back please help me.

My advice, get the matter reported to Police first and then look for a good lawyer. On no account should you involve anyone aside from the Police. Soldiers of the DSS do not handle civil matters. There is nowhere enshrined in the constitution for that. Nobody should deceive you. Your case is a civil matter. Trade with caution n wisdom to avoid losing your money. Don't worry, you will get Justice.

1 Like

Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by Ijaya123: 12:05pm On Aug 22, 2023
Go and report him at the Citizen Mediation Centre at Motorway, close to 7-Up in Alausa.
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by Mjshexy(f): 12:10pm On Aug 22, 2023
Did you move into the apartment since then or you got another house?
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by LegendaryArnold(m): 12:11pm On Aug 22, 2023
loricara:
I rented an apartment in March when I moved in I discovered the house was leaking water all over the places according to landlord he said more than 30 places but I think it was around 10 places.

We agreed he will refund me house rent and agreement and I left immediately in April.

Every time from one story to another he has more than 6 shops he has 2 story building yet he said no money business is not moving.

I'm tired someone please help me we are both Igbos in this Lagos and I'm 22 I need my money back please help me.

Look for a tenant to replace you, and collect the money from him
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by Quenncee: 12:14pm On Aug 22, 2023
silvoclaira:

Small thing, get a lawyer. Lawyer for how much? How much is involved? Is getting lawyer free of charge?

1 Like

Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by 007kjb: 12:16pm On Aug 22, 2023
Others are spitting us u still bring this topic for them to spite us the more try get sense
Anyways meet some Igbo people that lives around you they will settle the matter
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by Lagosluv(m): 12:19pm On Aug 22, 2023
did u sign any agreement or u documented it before moving out
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by HopeVictor(m): 12:20pm On Aug 22, 2023
since you both are Igbos maybe you should try amadioha grin
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by Bright9239(m): 12:24pm On Aug 22, 2023
If you still have your tenancy agreement and house rent receipt that he issued to you and the rent hasn't expired, just get a police officer to arrest the new occupant of the apartment claiming that he can from no where to take over your locked apartment while you were away. In turn, the tenant will produce the landlord to answer why he rented same apartment to two different persons.
The rent will fall in place from here.
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by Omowin1: 12:26pm On Aug 22, 2023
Sorry bro both of you na omo ina
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by lomprico(m): 12:28pm On Aug 22, 2023
loricara:
I rented an apartment in March when I moved in I discovered the house was leaking water all over the places according to landlord he said more than 30 places but I think it was around 10 places.

We agreed he will refund me house rent and agreement and I left immediately in April.

Find a military man and take along to meet him.
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by Johnn44: 12:28pm On Aug 22, 2023
zed7:
Take him to court. On a serious note, report him here https://lasrera.lagosstate.gov.ng/complaint.jsp
cool
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by crackhouse(m): 12:33pm On Aug 22, 2023
How much is your house rent?
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by MasterTeeUSA: 12:36pm On Aug 22, 2023
Tenants can be funny. It is possible he discovered that you just wanted to use him for 1 month before moving into where you actually intended to move into.

Be that as it may..did you collect proofs of the leaks and communication where he acknowledged that that you should move out and agreed to a refund?

If not, you are still under lease...now if you have evidence that he has re-rented your place....that strengthens your case..if he has not...best to speak to Elders in your community because you are burning away your rent and he can say that you moved out by choice without his consent and you had both agreed on payment and length of stay.

Next time...check where you want to live in before paying.. and when you pay..learn to endure for that year especially if others were turned down for you...don't be the ungrateful fellow and want refund and start drama...Landlord have responsibilities too...once you pay..the money has probably gone to their children's school fees or medicals...they don't keep it under the pillow or in banks ...that is how economy works....distribution of money.

If you ain't matured enough to look for, discover and inspect apartment properly before moving in...please, take a friend, stay with a friend or remain in parent's house. I am tired of tenants moving in and immediately it's this or that...you have responsibility of maintaining your rented flat and keeping it in the condition given to you.

loricara:

Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by potent5(m): 12:40pm On Aug 22, 2023
Shut up, envious cowardly kazeem.
OfeAchi:
Most Ibo landlords are inhumane scumbags.
I spit on them tribe
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by jamesversion: 12:52pm On Aug 22, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

We are both igbos.

So why add that

For what exactly.

Then settle it in Igbo way.

It's necessary he added that information, else the Imaginations of Nigerians will run wild.
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by complexstuffs(m): 1:04pm On Aug 22, 2023
loricara:

Hmm...
Re: How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help by complexstuffs(m): 1:10pm On Aug 22, 2023
buygala:
Only legal remedy is to take the landlord to court to recover your money..

Anything else is illegal and may land you in trouble..... That's all I have to say..

loricara The above is the best advice anyone can give you. Never take the advice of those telling you to use soldiers or thugs as that will put you in trouble and may lead you to jail.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Acquire Fct/Abuja Land Directly From Federal Government / Pros And Cons Of Corner-piece / Corner- Lots. / Vacating A House Before Tenancy Expires, Do You Get A Refund?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.