Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,991 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � (25578 Views)

4 Money Problems In Nigerian Marriages To Avoid / Court Declares The Power Of Ikoyi Registry To Conduct Marriages In Lagos NULL / Can Marriage Really Get Boring ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by Kajaard: 4:02pm On Aug 22, 2023
ahnie:
Marriage get stages.

The lovey-dovey stage

The why re you coming home by this time stage

The see finish stage

The banter stage

The no sex stage(na only that one dey pain me)
The no money stage.

The stage where he go dey go hang out with friends and succulent side chicks cheesy :Dyou go turn for bed tire dey anticipate his return...lolz

Then the king of them all .....The shege stage

Abi O cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by Mindlog: 4:02pm On Aug 22, 2023
ahnie:
I think open marriage should be encouraged in Africa.

Make I nor even mention cuckold cheesy grin cheesy abii dominatrix.

E go spice marriage up especially if your partner is wide.
Variety go become the spice cheesy

Open marriage in going on in many marriages even in Nigeria, it is not what is being announced.

I have been involved in a marriage therapy session where the issue was not the fact that both the husband and wife were having sexual partners outside their marriage that have produced 3 children but wifey was spending too much on a particular Ben 10 (sugar boy). cheesy cheesy cheesy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by ahnie: 4:05pm On Aug 22, 2023
Mindlog:

Open marriage in going on in many marriages even in Nigeria, it is not what is being announced.

I have been involved in a marriage therapy session where the issue was not the fact that both the husband and wife were having sexual partners outside their marriage that have produced 3 children but wifey was spending too much on a particular Ben 10 (sugar boy). cheesy cheesy cheesy
Lolz@Ben 10 sugar boys.

Maybe ben10 darling dey give her correct head!
Forget nothing beats having a good head,you go forgive all unforgivables when you're bn given.

Lolz

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by novia22(f): 6:33pm On Aug 22, 2023
Marriage is not for the weak at heart oo. But it's a whole lot easier if you marry A kind person who sincerely loves God and is your true friend.

Make sure you marry a KIND person cos when you begin see all these stages Ahnie mention eeh, if your spouse is kind, it will make it easier to heal and forgive from alot of downtimes.

God no go shame us last last.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by novia22(f): 6:33pm On Aug 22, 2023
ahnie:

Lolz@Ben 10 sugar boys.

Maybe ben10 darling dey give her correct head!
Forget nothing beats having a good head,you go forgive all unforgivables when you're bn given.

Lolz

This one don Craze.... grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by Acidosis(m): 7:02pm On Aug 22, 2023
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. Why do marriages get boring after sometime? 🤔 I.e The love or feelings begin to wax cold or boring unlike when you both started.

Love don't wax cold. That thing you felt at the initial stage is not love.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by Acidosis(m): 7:09pm On Aug 22, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Many factors could be responsible.
1. Overfamiliarity
2. Insufficient finance
3. Dirtiness
4. Etc.

If your marriage does not encourage over familiarity, then you don't have a marriage yet. You should remove it from your list. The only time you avoid over familiarity is when you're dealing with a pr. o.stitute or a master-slave relationship.

12 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by ahnie: 7:34pm On Aug 22, 2023
novia22:

This one don Craze.... grin grin
cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by Truvelisback(m): 8:46pm On Aug 22, 2023
Acidosis:

Love don't wax cold. That thing you felt at the initial stage is not love.
What was it if I may ask?
Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by Acidosis(m): 8:58pm On Aug 22, 2023
Truvelisback:
What was it if I may ask?

1. "Butterflies:" Physical symptoms of the insecurity that's typical of the early stages of relationships. It is just a physical symptom that comes with a new experience, like when you buy a new phone.

2. After the butterflies stage comes the real test of love (the "boring" phase).

3. If you have to constantly "spice" up your relationship to remain in love, it is possible that genuine love wasn't present from the start.

4. If a woman tells you that her "love" has faded because you failed to spice up the relationship or ....because you stopped to take her out, it could be an indication that you are dating a scammer.

13 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by novia22(f): 2:14am On Aug 23, 2023
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. Why do marriages get boring after sometime? 🤔 I.e The love or feelings begin to wax cold or boring unlike when you both started.

See eeh, I feel most couples don't fall out of love oo. It's just that when the reality of marriage sets in, things like responsibility, children and the fear of failure can actually distract one most of the time from being all lovey dovey. That's why I said marry a KIND person. A kind person might get carried away, but once he or she realises that life if killing his rapport with his/ her spouse, they intentional try to keep what they have alive. They might not say I love u bla bla bla all the time, but the things they do to make your life easier will tell you that this person still does love and cares about you.

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by Truvelisback(m): 12:17pm On Aug 23, 2023
novia22:

See eeh, I feel most couples don't fall out of love oo. It's just that when the reality of marriage sets in, things like responsibility, children and the fear of failure can actually distract one most of the time from being all lovey dovey. That's why I said marry a KIND person. A kind person might get carried away, but once he or she realises that life if killing his rapport with his/ her spouse, they intentional try to keep what they have alive. They might not say I love u bla bla bla all the time, but the things they do to make your life easier will tell you that this person still does love and cares about you.

Ahnie has really hit the points I have been pondering about of which I can relate very well.
Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by TheMaharajah: 1:01pm On Aug 23, 2023
What doesn't?
Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by FreeStuffsNG: 1:02pm On Aug 23, 2023
Truvelisback:
You are surrounded with such kind of union. Just pray for them. Marriage is the peak of one's earthly divine task to accomplish. If you do it right, it will bless you and your descendants for ever!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by Wealthoptulent(m): 1:02pm On Aug 23, 2023
Hmm..make i talk?

Its not called Boredom but Quiet times. Even Sea goes Quiet or calm.
We are all human, take for example ur immediate family u came out from, sometimes everyone at times jus be on their own, doesn't mean u don't love each other again or their is brawl in the Home, no , wait until neighbor slap ur younger one.  So also is marriage,  this allows a RESET BUTTON for both COUPLES, not for a long period of time I sha, its caused by many FACTORS
* job Demand (times , mind n thoughts) .
*financial responsibilities (why its good bills not on just a person). And another similar thing
*Awareness or SENSITIVITY: Many Spouses are lackadaisical in nature and not observant.
This doesn't Disqualifies it As HAPPY HOME.

To renew or reduce this, Spicy things can come up.
*Vacation
*Gisting session
*Good sex
* seeing movies
* viewing posts on INSTAGRAM & BLOGS (IF NOTIFICATIONS that will send u Packing won't pop up grin) .

* Oneness (Doing things together) this will help alot, it will keep bridging the gap

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by MrBroke(m): 1:02pm On Aug 23, 2023
Because sex was the reason for the coming together and people were playing fake

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by Chetas81(m): 1:02pm On Aug 23, 2023
THE NIGERIAN CITIZEN DO MARRIAGE BASED ON CASH,WHEN THE UP AND DOWN START, THE BEGIN TO SHIFT

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by PrettyRX: 1:02pm On Aug 23, 2023
See finish syndrome is a natural phenomenon.
Just that you treat your partner with respect and intentionality

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by adecz: 1:03pm On Aug 23, 2023
Can you eat egusi soup forever❓❓❓

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by segunAde1: 1:03pm On Aug 23, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Many factors could be responsible.
1. Overfamiliarity
2. Insufficient finance
3. Dirtiness
4. Etc.

Simply put it ( see finish)

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by davidharrison1(m): 1:03pm On Aug 23, 2023
Because both or one partner stops doing those things that he/she was doing that made the other partner interested in the first place.

Every relationship needs to be watered properly to keep growing. Stop watering and it dies. Simple!

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by princejones(m): 1:04pm On Aug 23, 2023
UnusualEmissary:
Marriage is an institution for you to choose a partner with whom you will live and plan the rest of your life.

The question now is what plan do you have for the rest of your life and who or what kind of person are you choosing to run that course of your life in future with?

There are several factors leading to that effect (highlighted by the OP) which include financial issues, lack of dedication from one or both parties, wrongdoing like cheating from one or both parties and so on ...

But the major factor, I think, is understanding what marriage is about and choosing someone who equally understands what marriage is about and is fit for you to run that course of life with.

When you as an individual has planned or visualised your character and future plans and you do enough diligence to choose someone with whom you are compatible based on those factors, then you will find fulfillment in marriage God willing. Because the actions both of you will be taking in that marriage will be such that are in harmony with each other and brings fulfilment.

A lot of people get involved in marriage because they are attracted to certain things such as money, feelings or beauty. They do not look at the bigger picture. As such, that union has no purpose upon which it is based and due to that, it tends to get uninteresting as time goes along.

I'm not sure if I captured my thoughts with the very right words but I think I tried.
You made good points
Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by Faposky95: 1:04pm On Aug 23, 2023
When marriage here na school fees, bills like rent and transport, church or mosque, complain of government, ........
All putting pressure on a sane mind leading to poor sexual libido ....
Also, no time to take madam out to holidays, hustling 364 days a year......etc

Na Nigerian film....no sweetness only shouting and acting

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by anonymous1759(m): 1:04pm On Aug 23, 2023
All the fake pretenses gone + child birth if the woman fails to update herself and insufficient funds.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by madone: 1:04pm On Aug 23, 2023
Nazgul:
I didn't modify o, I was booking space. In case the mods carry it to front page, so that by the time I post I won't land on page 3 or 4. 😏
these are the kind of people who book space everywhere. Church, Bank, train,

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by GeneralPula: 1:04pm On Aug 23, 2023
Yeye marriages everywhere..

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 23, 2023
ahnie:

E shock you.... marriages now be like ekpoba hill college for benin cheesy cheesy.

Ikpoba Hill and not ekpoba hill.

Are you in Benin City?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by JimD(m): 1:05pm On Aug 23, 2023
It's because at some point you both dropped your goals and aspirations because you were "feeling love" or "raising a child" whom you are going to fk up anyway

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by Johel(m): 1:05pm On Aug 23, 2023
Truvelisback:

**Puffs weed"

Bro...there's a lot to say about this...This is just reality,I feel many are being lied to,that many tend to even lie to themselves just to escape certain realities, but deep down,it's not what they really want.

I don't know if what I said makes any sense.

**Puffs weed"

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by scoobyblogspot(m): 1:05pm On Aug 23, 2023
Truvelisback:

Alot could be the reason. To some they didn't no what they ordered till they took delivery

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by nexta007(m): 1:06pm On Aug 23, 2023
1. We probably married for the wrong reasons like to have sex, be with each other, etc. Now that that "need" has been met, we seek something deeper.
2. We're need to learn to live with each other. This isn't something we are used too.
3. No introduction of varieties and spices. E.g change roles like washing of dishes, cooking, sex times and place, visit friends, play with each other.
4. You probably don't pray together often. From my personal experience, praying together build intimacy.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Would You First Go Through On Your Spouses' Phone If Given The Chance? / What Amount Should A Child Be Contributing To The House? Anthony Joshua Asks / Wife Gifts Her Husband A Bag Of Flour And Sugar On Valentine Day (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.