Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,742 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � (25627 Views)

4 Money Problems In Nigerian Marriages To Avoid / Court Declares The Power Of Ikoyi Registry To Conduct Marriages In Lagos NULL / Can Marriage Really Get Boring ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by thesilentman(m): 1:30pm On Aug 23, 2023
No matter how palatable and nutritious a food is,you still get tired of it if you don't eat other types of food.

Variety is the spice of life.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by free2ryhme: 1:31pm On Aug 23, 2023
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. Why do marriages get boring after sometime? 🤔 I.e The love or feelings begin to wax cold or boring unlike when you both started.

almost all the people responding to your thread are single.

some of them are just clueless regurgitating fears from their instagram role model

grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by omoadeleye(m): 1:34pm On Aug 23, 2023
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. Why do marriages get boring after sometime? 🤔 I.e The love or feelings begin to wax cold or boring unlike when you both started.

During courtship, y'all only was just pretending with eachother by doing the good good behaviour, faking everything in order not to lose eachother.

Some of y'all was in a relationship with someone else before marriage, but just ended it in the name of "small stress, I'm away from the relationship."

Since y'all are marriage, that's the time to be free from those fake attitudes y'all have been keeping together before marriage. Because no one will want to leave eachother easily again.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by illuminutty: 1:35pm On Aug 23, 2023
See finish...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by BePrepared: 1:35pm On Aug 23, 2023
UnusualEmissary:
Marriage is an institution for you to choose a partner with whom you will live and plan the rest of your life.

The question now is what plan do you have for the rest of your life and who or what kind of person are you choosing to run that course of your life in future with?

There are several factors leading to that effect (highlighted by the OP) which include financial issues, lack of dedication from one or both parties, wrongdoing like cheating from one or both parties and so on ...

But the major factor, I think, is understanding what marriage is about and choosing someone who equally understands what marriage is about and is fit for you to run that course of life with.

When you as an individual has planned or visualised your character and future plans and you do enough diligence to choose someone with whom you are compatible based on those factors, then you will find fulfillment in marriage God willing. Because the actions both of you will be taking in that marriage will be such that are in harmony with each other and brings fulfilment.

A lot of people get involved in marriage because they are attracted to certain things such as money, feelings or beauty. They do not look at the bigger picture. As such, that union has no purpose upon which it is based and due to that, it tends to get uninteresting as time goes along.

I'm not sure if I captured my thoughts with the very right words but I think I tried.

Your words are sweet and beautiful

No truer word here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by marvellous2222: 1:41pm On Aug 23, 2023
See immediately children and responsibilities set in , the love will not be strong like before, because what is going on in man heart is too much

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by Chironks: 1:43pm On Aug 23, 2023
Assumptions

Over familiarity

Not making time for each other.

Not engaging in meaningful conversations.

Thinking the marriage will make itself work.

Not knowing each other’s goals.

Not having meaningful friendships outside of your marriage.

Truvelisback:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by Bigchristo: 1:47pm On Aug 23, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Many factors could be responsible.
1. Overfamiliarity
2. Insufficient finance
3. Dirtiness
4. Etc.
There’s nothing like over familiarity in marriages except you got married to a very disrespectful person, regardless of how much you both know each other the respect both people give to each other shouldn’t be reduced. But for the other factors you mentioned those are actually correct, me as a man I hate dirtiness and I can’t really feel myself as a man if I am broke so I don’t expect others to even feel me at such bad times 🤣😂

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by blesdman(m): 1:48pm On Aug 23, 2023
Truvelisback:
Spice it up by going together to the hotel. Boredoms occur mainly with marriages with children. For those with children, sneak out and have quiet time in a hotel with ur spouse...it has a way of spicing it up

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by Damzee5: 1:49pm On Aug 23, 2023
ahnie:
Marriage get stages.

The lovey-dovey stage

The why re you coming home by this time stage

The see finish stage

The banter stage

The no sex stage(na only that one dey pain me)
The no money stage.

The stage where he go dey go hang out with friends and succulent side chicks cheesy :Dyou go turn for bed tire dey anticipate his return...lolz

Then the king of them all .....The shege stage
e bad gan

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by nkemjacob2(m): 1:50pm On Aug 23, 2023
Marriage is not bed of roses. If it goes boring, wake it up

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by pussyphilia(m): 1:51pm On Aug 23, 2023
ahnie:
I think open marriage should be encouraged in Africa.

Make I nor even mention cuckold cheesy grin cheesy abii dominatrix.

E go spice marriage up especially if your partner is wide.
Variety go become the spice cheesy
If you're not married yet, then marry me let's live that lifestyle together.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by Omoawoke: 1:51pm On Aug 23, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Many factors could be responsible.
1. Overfamiliarity
2. Insufficient finance
3. Dirtiness
4. Etc.

Ladies becoming unkempt is number one reason.
Men love girls looking spicy. But madam once marries starts to look unattractive and unkempt. Chai

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by Damzee5: 1:52pm On Aug 23, 2023
[quote author=thesilentman post=125306560]No matter how palatable and nutritious a food is,you still get tired of it if you don't eat other types of food.

This shud be coming from a guy.what about the lady? Do u suggest this too? Let ur marriage work shikena

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by mbaise1000: 1:52pm On Aug 23, 2023
If we will accept that there are people who still enjoy their marriage no matter how long they have been in it, we will know that The number one factor which the woke generation will not want to accept is that love is not the number one priority when people are looking for a wife or husband, people will always go for the wrong reasons, what the majority call love is mere infatuation, when what you are looking in a wife is beauty, the woman will surely fade and more beautiful ones will come out, and the one who married you for beauty will look for them, there is something that doesn't fade, a good heart and TRUE love. when a woman is looking for a trophy as a husband, she must accept that trophies are contested for yearly and there are many willing to register and contest,
When you marry for TRUE love, we all know that TRUE love never dies, even if you are dirty like some have mentioned, it will never stop your spouse who love you back from lonlving you, when you go and Marty another man's wife or another woman's husband, you shouldn't expect happiness there after, when the ribs doesn't fit, the results are clear, so people the only reason your marriage will crash it not desirable again is because yiuvare with the wrong wife or husband. And bros op, you must find a way to at least make your marriage manageable, I know you are asking for a friend but, God hates divorce, talking about the God of the CHRISTIANS.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by lexyclasy: 1:54pm On Aug 23, 2023
Truvelisback:
In the first place, are you a married person.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by PrettyRX: 1:57pm On Aug 23, 2023
You should have gotten enough ladies from your hookup post cool
darkmarky:
so true. You smart. Lets get to know each other

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by olamike02: 2:04pm On Aug 23, 2023
I've been married for over 23years , although there are occasions that you just want to be alone,but I've not regret marrying my wife. She's Ebira and I'm Yoruba,I will marry her again and again. If yours become unattractive,check yourself.😍

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by Dybala11(m): 2:06pm On Aug 23, 2023
ahnie:
You're finally married now op,and you nor invite me to come chop rice.
Rice with fish or meat??
Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by finallybusy: 2:07pm On Aug 23, 2023
Abeg, I would answer, but past experience with children on Nairaland has taught me to hold my peace. Good afternoon.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by Onyiiobi7735(m): 2:08pm On Aug 23, 2023
Marriages are not supposed to become boring,but there are factors and actions of the parties involved that cause it to be which include, negligence,lack of or inadequate communication, infidelity, nagging, intolerance, laziness, domineering attitude,overprotectiveness especially on the man's part,lack of submission on the woman's part, arrogance,temper issues, emotional aloofness and so on.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by Fryx: 2:10pm On Aug 23, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by Gentleswift(m): 2:13pm On Aug 23, 2023
Nazgul:
Hmmm...you must know that the sweet 16 love/infatuation, deep affection and excitement that comes with a new marriage can naturally diminish over time as couples become more familiar with each other.

Reason being that routine, age (which can lead to deterioration in beauty), dirtiness (like someone said) inability to burn Bridges of past relationships and life's challenges such as finances can also contribute to a perceived decrease in excitement.

If you must maintain the spark in your marriage, you must ensure that communication remains permanently open, try new activities together, be faithful to your partner, as unfaithfulness can lead to a break in trust and love and finally focus on each other's growth.

Also you can use your kids to bond with each other. Go on vacations, hangout...etc
dey play, you go explain tire.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by Deepspirituals: 2:15pm On Aug 23, 2023
Those Reasons are right but the most IMPORTANT ONE IS THIS : DO NOT MARRY A MAN OR WOMAN WITHOUT MAKING A SPIRITUAL INVESTIGATION OR FINDINGS ABOUT HIM OR HER .

IT IS NOT BECAUSE I'M A SPIRITUALIST,IT IS THE FACTS MANY THA THRASHES THIS ADVISE I REPEAT MANY TODAY REGRETS IT AND UNDERSTAND THE IMPORTANCE .

THERE ARE SPIRITUAL ELEMENTS.

IF YOUR ELEMENTS AS A MAN IS FIRE AND YOU MARRY A WOMAN WITH WATER ELEMENTS NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE ,YOU WILL FIND IT DIFFICULT TO ATTAIN GREAT HEIGHT IN LIFE.

I REMAIN SPIRITUALIST ADE.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by famology(m): 2:17pm On Aug 23, 2023
Because you got married for the wrong reason
Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by Waffarianman(m): 2:19pm On Aug 23, 2023
Truvelisback:

No marriage gets boring except you don't love your wife/husband. For me oo I love my wife anyday anytime

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by Vogec01: 2:19pm On Aug 23, 2023
smiley

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by Manofsteel2013(m): 2:20pm On Aug 23, 2023
Na money oo grin
Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by Tremple8v: 2:21pm On Aug 23, 2023
Insufficient fund
Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by DonXavi(m): 2:22pm On Aug 23, 2023
Truvelisback:
This is not my case. I have been married for years and I love my wife more each day that passes by.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by Opanka44(m): 2:24pm On Aug 23, 2023
Truvelisback:
You have a point. After a while, the feelings will just consciously or unconsciously begin to fade away. Sadly, this is someone you were madly in love with. 😔

Everything in life is subject to the Law of Diminishing Returns.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by Bennysam: 2:28pm On Aug 23, 2023
Truvelisback:
That's when you know partners that really love each other

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"I Have Been Dreaming Of My Mother Recently" - Man Who Lost His Mum Needs Help / Man Refuses To Take Child To Hospital After Blood Flowed To Her Head.See Why.PIC / Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.