Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,063 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

Police Apprehend Man Who Killed Son, Burnt His Body In Akwa Ibom - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Apprehend Man Who Killed Son, Burnt His Body In Akwa Ibom (15565 Views)

Police Apprehend Notorious Toy Gun Robbery Suspect In Enugu / Police Apprehend Suspected Kidnappers Terrorizing Lagos/ibadan Expressway / Police Apprehend Officers Spotted Flogging Woman Along Benin Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Apprehend Man Who Killed Son, Burnt His Body In Akwa Ibom by Thonyb(m): 7:00pm On Aug 22, 2023
The Akwa Ibom State Police Command said it has arrested a man who allegedly killed his own son and burnt his corpse in Ebe Ikpe, a village in Essien Udim Local Government Area of the state.

According to the command’s Public Relations Officer, SP Odiko Macdon, who spoke with journalists on Tuesday, the incident was reported at the Essien Udim Divisional Police Headquarters by the village head of the community, Chief Akpan Aniekan, and the village council chairman, Sylvester Akpan.

SP Macdon told journalists: “They reported that one Innocent Uko of Ebe Ikpe used a machete to kill his son, Boniface Innocent Uko, 26, burnt his corpse, and dumped the remains in an abandoned pit toilet in his compound to conceal the act.

“On the strength of the report, police operatives visited the scene [and recovered] the burnt corpse, now deposited at the mortuary. The suspect was arrested and has confessed to killing the deceased, on the grounds of bad character and incessant harassment and embarrassment.”

The police spokesperson also disclosed that the command had arrested Charley Edem John, who allegedly stole two seven-year-old children.

“The division, acting on an intelligence report, arrested Charley Edem John, who stole two children, each age seven, from their school. The suspect used his own kid brother, who is 10 years old and in the same school, to lure the children out of their class,” Macdon stated.

According to the police spokesperson, the suspects will be charged in court once ongoing investigations are concluded.

https://.ng/2023/08/22/police-apprehend-man-who-killed-son-burnt-his-body-in-akwa-ibom/

2 Likes

Re: Police Apprehend Man Who Killed Son, Burnt His Body In Akwa Ibom by Favour200nelson: 7:18pm On Aug 22, 2023
hmm

1 Like

Re: Police Apprehend Man Who Killed Son, Burnt His Body In Akwa Ibom by illicit(m): 7:18pm On Aug 22, 2023
shocked
Re: Police Apprehend Man Who Killed Son, Burnt His Body In Akwa Ibom by Onyiiobi7735(m): 8:10pm On Aug 22, 2023
shocked It's really unfortunate , that a man had to murder his own son.But who knows what he must have been experiencing in the hands of the son, the intensity that pushed him to take that unspeakable step.The boy must have really constituted such an unbearable nuisance to the father, and he continued stomaching all till he reached the breaking point.
Oftentimes the things that are portrayed in Nollywood films play out in real life.
I once watched a Nollywood film titled Troubled where a widow had three children,two sons and a daughter.
The sons were causing the mother so much heartache and grief by their hooligan actions and the daughter too by her prostitution and fights with her brothers.
This continued relentlessly till the mother couldn't take it anymore.
One day while they were fighting and destroying things as usual, the woman quietly went inside, picked her late husband's gun and killed all three of the children.
She handed herself to the police later.
This unfortunate event reminded me of that movie.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Apprehend Man Who Killed Son, Burnt His Body In Akwa Ibom by WhisperedNoise: 11:20pm On Aug 22, 2023
Na wa ooo. So sad.

1 Like

Re: Police Apprehend Man Who Killed Son, Burnt His Body In Akwa Ibom by MrsTwrite(f): 11:21pm On Aug 22, 2023
Heartless father!

1 Like

Re: Police Apprehend Man Who Killed Son, Burnt His Body In Akwa Ibom by peacak: 11:22pm On Aug 22, 2023
I will never trust anyone but God. Even my mother

1 Like

Re: Police Apprehend Man Who Killed Son, Burnt His Body In Akwa Ibom by HorlaMystic: 11:22pm On Aug 22, 2023
Re: Police Apprehend Man Who Killed Son, Burnt His Body In Akwa Ibom by Towncrier007(m): 11:23pm On Aug 22, 2023
It's high time y'all understood the fact that demo.ns possesses people and tag them mental health issues,if you sense a sign of demonic possession kindly go for deliverance,those of you on this platform bashing one tribe to the other,you all are demon possessed

11 Likes

Re: Police Apprehend Man Who Killed Son, Burnt His Body In Akwa Ibom by BarrElChapo(m): 11:23pm On Aug 22, 2023
Too bad.
Re: Police Apprehend Man Who Killed Son, Burnt His Body In Akwa Ibom by seuncyrus(m): 11:26pm On Aug 22, 2023
it is well
Re: Police Apprehend Man Who Killed Son, Burnt His Body In Akwa Ibom by Vifx: 11:26pm On Aug 22, 2023
Very sad
Re: Police Apprehend Man Who Killed Son, Burnt His Body In Akwa Ibom by Timetravel88: 11:27pm On Aug 22, 2023
Onyiiobi7735:
shocked It's really unfortunate , that a man had to murder his own son.But who knows what he must have been experiencing in the hands of the son, the intensity that pushed him to take that unspeakable step.The boy must have really constituted such an unbearable nuisance to the father, and he continued stomaching all till he reached the breaking point.
Oftentimes the things that are portrayed in Nollywood films play out in real life.
I once watched a Nollywood film titled Troubled where a widow had three children,two sons and a daughter.
The sons were causing the mother so much heartache and grief by their hooligan actions and the daughter too by her prostitution and fights with her brothers.
One day while they were fighting and destroying things as usual, the woman quietly went inside, picked her late husband's gun and killed all three of the children.

Your take on this matter is spot on. Not to condone the actions of the father but there are children whose youthful exuberance can take a dark turn, making parents question their birth origin.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Apprehend Man Who Killed Son, Burnt His Body In Akwa Ibom by SILVERLINES: 11:32pm On Aug 22, 2023
angry
Re: Police Apprehend Man Who Killed Son, Burnt His Body In Akwa Ibom by tfash96(m): 11:33pm On Aug 22, 2023
Crazy things are happening
Re: Police Apprehend Man Who Killed Son, Burnt His Body In Akwa Ibom by KingLennon(m): 11:37pm On Aug 22, 2023
That's a life imprisonment jail term. If you have been to the prison, you will value freedom and peace of mind
Re: Police Apprehend Man Who Killed Son, Burnt His Body In Akwa Ibom by skedy1(m): 11:41pm On Aug 22, 2023
Towncrier007:
It's high time y'all understood the fact that demo.ns possesses people and tag them mental health issues,if you sense a sign of demonic possession kindly go for deliverance,those of you on this platform bashing one tribe to the other,you all are demon possessed
Oga, e never reach like that naa
😂😂

2 Likes

Re: Police Apprehend Man Who Killed Son, Burnt His Body In Akwa Ibom by NFBI: 1:23am On Aug 23, 2023
Food for lazy yut to blame the whole tribe for a one man sin

1 Like

Re: Police Apprehend Man Who Killed Son, Burnt His Body In Akwa Ibom by haveMONEY: 1:35am On Aug 23, 2023
Those people are really heartless, can be very aggressive
Re: Police Apprehend Man Who Killed Son, Burnt His Body In Akwa Ibom by Peakofsuccess: 1:54am On Aug 23, 2023
Did you know millions of people buy ebooks on Amazon daily? you don't need to be an author before you create and upload yours for free within 3days with my full support . It's easier than expected.You can start with small volume ebooks like 24 pages with good title/content. I would guide you on ways to upload it on Amazon through their Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP), how to create foreign account to receive payment etc.My students that upload up to 5 short books are cashing out monthly from Amazon.
Did you know also that there are apps that can help you write over 100 pages instantly? I would take you through fast lane.
The course is valued above N20,000 but I would be offering it for just N1500 (almost free) to empower only 120 serious individuals. Now you don't have to wait till you have money before you start business.
Chat me now to get sample of my lesson and learn more ..

Re: Police Apprehend Man Who Killed Son, Burnt His Body In Akwa Ibom by nairalanda1(m): 2:15am On Aug 23, 2023
Onyiiobi7735:

I almost lost my temper reading this.

Oga, you are justifying evil. A man has murdered a child. And you are here justifying evil.

A child. Is. Dead. By. The . Hand . Of . His . Dad.

A child who should have been protected by his dad is dead

You are sick. Honestly I don't care if I am banned for saying this , but you are sick. .

Better wake up and stop saying rubbish

Modified

Fact that the child was adult doesn't change nothing. It is still murder and it is wrong. And now pops is going to jail for nothing. Anger is destructive. Very much so

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Apprehend Man Who Killed Son, Burnt His Body In Akwa Ibom by nairalanda1(m): 2:16am On Aug 23, 2023
Towncrier007:

And then, the dad is just plain evil.
Re: Police Apprehend Man Who Killed Son, Burnt His Body In Akwa Ibom by Onyiiobi7735(m): 3:16am On Aug 23, 2023
nairalanda1:

I almost lost my temper reading this.

Oga, you are justifying evil. A man has murdered a child. And you are here justifying evil.

A child. Is. Dead. By. The . Hand . Of . His . Dad.

A child who should have been protected by his dad is dead

You are sick. Honestly I don't care if I am banned for saying this , but you are sick. .

Better wake up and stop saying rubbish

You are the sick one here.Did I say what the man did was good or justify anything?
I only pointed out what the man did and its affiliation with what I watched on film.
Lol! Really you have a serious mental disorder.You didn't get my point before barking like a frustrated rabid dog.
Your mental disorder gives cause for concern.
Where in my comment did you read that I justified or supported the man's act.
Your stupidity couldn't let you read where I called the man's act "UNSPEAKABLE"
Have sense for once in your stupid and idiotic life.
I pointed what could have made the man do what he did, and you being the stupid and senseless idiot you, couldn't comprehend my point, before displaying the animal nature in you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Apprehend Man Who Killed Son, Burnt His Body In Akwa Ibom by nairalanda1(m): 3:56am On Aug 23, 2023
Onyiiobi7735:

You are the sick one here.Did I say what the man did was good or justify anything?
I only pointed out what the man did and its affiliation with what I watched on film.
Lol! Really you have a serious mental disorder.You didn't get my point before barking like a frustrated rabid dog.
Your mental disorder gives cause for concern.
Where in my comment did you read that I justified or supported the man's act.
Your stupidity couldn't let you read where I called the man's act "UNSPEAKABLE"
Have sense for once in your stupid and idiotic life.
I pointed what could have made the man do what he did, and you being the stupid and senseless idiot you, couldn't comprehend my point, before displaying the animal nature in you.

You are not just sick, you are batshit insane

Nothing justifies the murder of a child

Nothing ever justifies the murder of a child.

Nothing .

So if your child gives you problem you would kill him or her like this man did?

Oga, you are sick and insane. Grow up. Seriously grow up and get help

Seriously there is something wrong with you .

You are a demoniac idiot to justify the murder of a child. A effing child man. A effing child.
A child.

I don't care if you abuse me. Only mentally ill people cannot see that there is no excusing murder at all for any reason. And you are mentally ill, and you don't know it.

Again, I don't care if I am banned for this. No one has the right to justify murder of anyone. No one. I don't care if I get banned. I cannot stay silent if someone comes on line to justify the murder of a child no matter how stubborn the child was.
Re: Police Apprehend Man Who Killed Son, Burnt His Body In Akwa Ibom by Dididrumz(m): 3:57am On Aug 23, 2023
The heart of man is desperately wicked.
Re: Police Apprehend Man Who Killed Son, Burnt His Body In Akwa Ibom by nairalanda1(m): 4:04am On Aug 23, 2023
Timetravel88:

Your take on this matter is spot on. Not to condone the actions of the father but there are children whose youthful exuberance can take a dark turn, making parents question their birth origin.

So you would kill your child if his behaviour changes?

Right. And some people think that this is okay.

You guys should stop justifying evil. The man killed a child. He waswrong to do so. End of.
Re: Police Apprehend Man Who Killed Son, Burnt His Body In Akwa Ibom by Nwodosis(m): 5:01am On Aug 23, 2023
Crimes dey this country o
Re: Police Apprehend Man Who Killed Son, Burnt His Body In Akwa Ibom by Onyiiobi7735(m): 5:07am On Aug 23, 2023
nairalanda1:

You are not just sick, you are batshit insane

Nothing justifies the murder of a child

Nothing ever justifies the murder of a child.

Nothing .

So if your child gives you problem you would kill him or her like this man did?

Oga, you are sick and insane. Grow up. Seriously grow up and get help

Seriously there is something wrong with you .

You are a demoniac idiot to justify the murder of a child. A effing child man. A effing child.
A child.

I don't care if you abuse me. Only mentally ill people cannot see that there is no excusing murder at all for any reason. And you are mentally ill, and you don't know it.

Again, I don't care if I am banned for this. No one has the right to justify murder of anyone. No one. I don't care if I get banned. I cannot stay silent if someone comes on line to justify the murder of a child no matter how stubborn the child was.
Lol! You are mentally imbalanced and stupid.Who' s justifying murder?
You are even more stupid and senseless than I thought.
Keep ranting like a frustrated fool.You will soon develop coronary thrombosis and Low BP.
Mentally imbalanced Neanderthal animal,do you call what you are living,a life?Keep disgracing yourself.
Soon you will go naked and roam the streets.
Useless animal of an idiot, calling me sick.See who's talking.
Stupid useless idiot .
Mentally deranged rabid animal.
Keep crying,crybaby.
You are the demoniac here,a complete swine and an effing child.
Pathetic fool.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rhys Miller Offiong Jailed In UK For 15 Years For Rape, Blackmail / Domestic Violence Survivor Shares Her Experience, Advises Ladies To Speak Up / Smuggling: Customs In Ogun Seize 944 Cartons Of Poultry Products

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.