Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre (27600 Views)

5 Nigerian Artistes Who Acquired A G-wagon (photos) / Orezi Rocks New Hairstyle, Warns Nigerian Artistes Not To Copy It / Runtown Responds To Mr Eazi "Nigerian Artistes Are Using His 'Ghanian Sound" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by Wainey: 6:42am On Aug 23, 2023
AllenSpencer:
Life has levels!

Same way American musicians will make Nigerian musicians look like toddlers!
I do not think American musicians are far above us currently, we are either on same level or we are even above them. The time of Chris brown and Rihanna are over, those Americans started same time with Asake or Burna boy, where are they?

Omoh, American music has wack lyrics

6 Likes

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by DenreleDave(m): 6:42am On Aug 23, 2023
Na the hardwork of our past fathers dem dey reap ńa

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by ACRI: 6:42am On Aug 23, 2023
This idio.t has serious low self esteem from day 1
Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by kerry57: 6:43am On Aug 23, 2023
Before nko?
Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by GoldenJAT(m): 6:44am On Aug 23, 2023
AllenSpencer:

Cos the truth hurts your soul!
Truth you say!!! If I knew you personally, I won't allow you come close 1 bit! Jealousy runs in your blood, your comment reeks of someone that will see nothing good in others.
I won't be replying to your mention after this. Learn to be happy for others and stop looking for comparisons when it shouldn't be.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by Greyworld: 6:44am On Aug 23, 2023
GoldenJAT:
Your own bad belle eh!! You go de happy like this at all?? You will be a very jealous and wicked fellow!!
What is bad belle?? You believe yu re bigger than Ghana entertainment industry but someone states American industry is bigger yu say bad belle.

You want to compare Nollywood to Hollywood?
Like I dont even get the bad belle part

Maybe you know the guy from somewhere before...

8 Likes

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by Wainey: 6:46am On Aug 23, 2023
Greyworld:

What is bad belle?? You believe yu re bigger than Ghana entertainment industry but someone states American industry is bigger yu say bad belle.

Hollywood and Nollywood is different from American music vs Nigerian music.

Currently Nigerian music is above American music

8 Likes

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by AllenSpencer: 6:47am On Aug 23, 2023
GoldenJAT:
Truth you say!!! If I knew you personally, I won't allow you come close 1 bit! Jealousy runs in your blood, your comment reeks of someone that will see nothing good in others.
I won't be replying to your mention after this. Learn to be happy for others and stop looking for comparisons when it shouldn't be.

Stop being emotional and face reality!

Your peak will always be the starting point of others! It’s a cycle of life.

6 Likes

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by GoldenJAT(m): 6:50am On Aug 23, 2023
Greyworld:

Wetin bring American music industry for wetin Shatta Wale talk?? This is an artist appreciating the efforts of Nigerian artists which is obviously visible to the blind!! But your type will Always want to hear negative things about Nigeria. If you don't have something sensible to say, keep mute and walk away! Nigerians are trying, despite everything happening in the country.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by ykgenius14(m): 6:51am On Aug 23, 2023
Cos the truth hurts your soul![/quote].

Honestly you're just a bitter person... Who created billboard, English is not our language but we're still able to sell our culture and entertainment to them in their own land.. c'mon... Do you think all ur so call perfect foreign artists could pull numbers here in Nigeria.. try to be wise sometimes and appreciate.. ur own small.. that's if you're not disguising to be a Nigerian. Ozuo!

4 Likes

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by GoldenJAT(m): 6:53am On Aug 23, 2023
AllenSpencer:

Stop being emotional and face reality!

Your peak will always be the starting point of others! It’s a cycle of life.
I'm not being emotional here! I'm only saying that the win should be celebrated and not you coming up with your idiotic comparison that holds no water. Happy for person jare!!

7 Likes

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by Chris2863(m): 6:56am On Aug 23, 2023
AllenSpencer:
Life has levels!

you are probably still living in the 2000s

6 Likes

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by omooba969(m): 6:56am On Aug 23, 2023
Ain't you all mediocre?

1 Like

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by kmaster007: 6:56am On Aug 23, 2023
Old sch still dey ur head... Go play American music for club mayb dem no go throw bottle for Ur head
AllenSpencer:
Life has levels!

6 Likes

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by Greyworld: 6:56am On Aug 23, 2023
GoldenJAT:
Wetin bring American music industry for wetin Shatta Wale talk?? This is an artist appreciating the efforts of Nigerian artists which is obviously visible to the blind!! But your type will Always want to hear negative things about Nigeria. If you don't have something sensible to say, keep mute and walk away! Nigerians are trying, despite everything happening in the country.
She goat said your type. Do you know my type??
Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by Chris2863(m): 6:56am On Aug 23, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
You are living in the past. Nigerian music artists are not your mate.
he is likely to be uninformed

4 Likes

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by Greyworld: 6:59am On Aug 23, 2023
Wainey:

Its alright. I know we should appreciate our own too.
Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by omoredia: 7:01am On Aug 23, 2023
Ghanaians sabi tell themselves the truth but Nigerian mbaa
Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by SmartPolician: 7:01am On Aug 23, 2023
GoldenJAT:
Your own bad belle eh!! You go de happy like this at all?? You will be a very jealous and wicked fellow!!

That's the problem of the black man, which explains why this country is a big mess.

Everything is about emotions and sentiments.

How can any sane person be comparing Nigerian music to American music?

He has quoted facts and figures, you start saying he's not patriotic. Una too get problem for this country.

Yes, Nigerian music is growing fast, but it's sheer madness to compare it with American music. Right from when we were kids, American music had dominated the global music industry and that set a high standard for new comers in the Industry. That's how the cookie crumbles.

As for the Ghanaians, I like how they look up to us in everything and use Nigeria as a yardstick while we compete with the biggest in the world.

If not for f00lish Nigerians electing idiotic leaders, Nigeria would have been miles ahead of every country on this continent.

11 Likes

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by AllenSpencer: 7:05am On Aug 23, 2023
GoldenJAT:
I'm not being emotional here! I'm only saying that the win should be celebrated and not you coming up with your idiotic comparison that holds no water. Happy for person jare!!

Gibberish!

You happy to celebrate that You are better than Ghana, but not ready to accept that the Americans are light years ahead of Nigeria!

Double standards!

By the way, I thought you said, you were no longer replying? Dumbo! 🤣🤣🤣

8 Likes

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by SSpeter(m): 7:06am On Aug 23, 2023
AllenSpencer:
Life has levels!

that was before, Naija artiste they shock me, I went for a golf function in Scotland and the elderly guys were rocking Tempoe's Soweto.

6 Likes

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by adecz: 7:08am On Aug 23, 2023
When it comes to competing against
Nigeria, Ghanaians should just try to stick
to the jollof rice debate 😁😁😁

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by Wainey: 7:11am On Aug 23, 2023
Greyworld:

Its alright. I know we should appreciate our own too.
This is not just about appreciating your own.

In the past 10years, can you call any new American artist that has gone international like Davido, Burna boy, Asake, Wizkid or Tiwa?

You will still be calling the likes of Rihanna and Chris brown, their mates are Tuface, Psquare Lagbaja.

7 Likes

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by AllenSpencer: 7:12am On Aug 23, 2023
SSpeter:
that was before, Naija artiste they shock me, I went for a golf function in Scotland and the elderly guys were rocking Tempoe's Soweto.

I rock French music too, mostly Central African. It doesn’t mean the music industry there is top notch. Music will always appeal to a class of people irrespective of location.

If you bring statistics to the table, you will see the wide margin. I doubt if any Nigerian Artiste can even match Da Baby.

4 Likes

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by 90dbest: 7:12am On Aug 23, 2023
Wainey:

you must Yoruba. Your guy have no shame when it comes to lies.
Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by SoliBayNG: 7:14am On Aug 23, 2023
AllenSpencer:

What past!

The records and statistics are not hidden!

Tell me one Nigerian Artiste that can match a Miley Cyrus, Beyonce, Drake, Cole or Jay Z.

Tell me one Nigerian artiste that has gone triple platinum on the billboard since the creation of Nigeria?

I don’t want to hear hearsay, show me workings…

Why are you arguing with deluded people? That's not even something to argue about.

4 Likes

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by equity1(m): 7:14am On Aug 23, 2023
LikeAking:
This one always typing nonsense…..

It’s all about talent and off course we are all one..

We are all Africans..
It’s not Nigerian musicians, but African musicians.

is not true. May be before not now
Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by SoliBayNG: 7:15am On Aug 23, 2023
GoldenJAT:

That's the problem with you guys, you can never accept fact. How is what you posted related to what he said?

He stated facts. If you can't show him one, kindly be excused.
Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by SSpeter(m): 7:16am On Aug 23, 2023
AllenSpencer:

I rock French music too, mostly Central African. It doesn’t mean the music industry there is top notch. Music will always appeal to a class of people irrespective of location.

If you bring statistics to the table, you will see the wide margin. I doubt if any Nigerian Artiste can even match Da Baby.
You are missing the basic point, back in the days, when we go clubbing, from start to finish no DJ will play Naija songs. However in recent times you can be in a club and Naija song will buzz from start to finish

7 Likes

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by Wainey: 7:18am On Aug 23, 2023
90dbest:
you must Yoruba. Your guy have no shame when it comes to lies.
name one recent musician from America that rose to international conciousness in the last 10yrs like Burna boy, Asake, Davido, Wizkid or Tiwa.

To you, everyone who talks good about Nigeria is Yoruba. Hatred for your country must be a inbuilt thing in ur tribe grin

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Chigolden Aid Foundation Offers Scholarship To The Internally Displaced Kids(pix / Vector Thinks Yahoo Girls Do Not Exist, See Fans' Reactions / Majid Michel Undergoes Throat Surgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.