Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,499 members, 7,836,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre (27696 Views)

5 Nigerian Artistes Who Acquired A G-wagon (photos) / Orezi Rocks New Hairstyle, Warns Nigerian Artistes Not To Copy It / Runtown Responds To Mr Eazi "Nigerian Artistes Are Using His 'Ghanian Sound" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by Prenonjebose: 7:20am On Aug 23, 2023
AllenSpencer:

What past!

The records and statistics are not hidden!

Tell me one Nigerian Artiste that can match a Miley Cyrus, Beyonce, Drake, Cole or Jay Z.

Tell me one Nigerian artiste that has gone triple platinum on the billboard since the creation of Nigeria?

I don’t want to hear hearsay, show me workings…

All of that is changing fast. Afrobeat is fast becoming a popular genre of music in America, UK and the rest of the world. Many of the people you listed are gunning for collaboration with Nigerian artistes, more than ever before. That speaks volume in an industry dominated and largely regulated by Americans. Not there yet, but surely on the rise.

3 Likes

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by AllenSpencer: 7:20am On Aug 23, 2023
SSpeter:
You are missing the basic point, back in the days, when we go clubbing, from start to finish no DJ will play Naija songs. However in recent times you can be in a club and Naija song will buzz from start to finish

Footballers are rated based on statistical achievements, same way it applies to Musicians.

You have to rate it on acceptance, sales, awards and earnings.

3 Likes

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by VKconcept(m): 7:21am On Aug 23, 2023
Wainey:
Hollywood and Nollywood is different from American music vs Nigerian music.

Currently Nigerian music is above American music

Are you trying to be sarcastic here? you can't compare Nigerian music to American music. Our music industry is doing good but common, Let's be factual.

4 Likes

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by tuzle(m): 7:22am On Aug 23, 2023
GoldenJAT:
Your own bad belle eh!! You go de happy like this at all?? You will be a very jealous and wicked fellow!!
someone said the obvious and u went on the part of bad belle and wickedness.

2 Likes

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by MrBroke(m): 7:25am On Aug 23, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
You are living in the past. Nigerian music artists are not your mate.

Which past? Wetin Nigeria Music artist dey sing compare to the US. Na rap, abi na love song, abi na wetin. Abeg no ever compare.

2 Likes

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by tuzle(m): 7:27am On Aug 23, 2023
Wainey:
I do not think American musicians are far above us currently, we are either on same level or we are even above them. The time of Chris brown and Rihanna are over, those Americans started same time with Asake or Burna boy, where are they?

Omoh, American music has wack lyrics
we are not above any america music. We are trying but never above. U mentioned Chris brown and Rihanna who have been singing since 2005 and u said their time is over. If Rihanna releases a song today, it will still be appreciated worldwide compared to most Nigerian songs and only few Nigerian artist have been able to gain that world wide appreciation. Artist like Taylor swift will still do better than any Nigerian artist for now.

4 Likes

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by 90dbest: 7:29am On Aug 23, 2023
Wainey:
name one recent musician from America that rose to international conciousness in the last 10yrs like Burna boy, Asake, Davido, Wizkid or Tiwa.

To you, everyone who talks good about Nigeria is Yoruba. Hatred for your country must be a inbuilt thing in ur tribe grin
lie to yourself to feel good bro

2 Likes

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by correctguy101(m): 7:29am On Aug 23, 2023
Oscarchims:
When naija one do something, them dey really put mind I swear

True talk .

Whether good or bad, na we dey breathe.... cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by Wainey: 7:29am On Aug 23, 2023
VKconcept:

Are you trying to be sarcastic here? you can't compare Nigerian music to American music. Our music industry is doing good but common, Let's be factual.
Tell me one recent musician except Justin beiber that rose to fame in USA in the past 10yrs, like Davido, Burna boy, Asake, Wizkid or Tiwa.

The era of fine lyrics from Alicia keys and Beyonce are gone, they are now wack musicians from USA

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by Jackanda1(m): 7:30am On Aug 23, 2023
SILVERLINES:
wink

Na so e supposed be oOoOO

If not for bad leadership, where is Ghana to be compared to Nigeria?

We big pass una
There is no point making this comment sef, we already know that.
Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by Wainey: 7:31am On Aug 23, 2023
90dbest:
lie to yourself to feel good bro
Oga tell me na, the only one you can call is Justin beiber.

People like Jeniffer Lopez, Nicki Minaj, Snoop dog are old school already.
Current set of American musicians pales in comparison to Nigerian musicians

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by tuzle(m): 7:32am On Aug 23, 2023
Wainey:
This is not just about appreciating your own.

In the past 10years, can you call any new American artist that has gone international like Davido, Burna boy, Asake, Wizkid or Tiwa?

You will still be calling the likes of Rihanna and Chris brown, their mates are Tuface, Psquare Lagbaja.
some of u are living inside box. So no American artist gone international in the past ten years abi. Maybe International only means Nigerian to u guys.

1 Like

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by GoldenJAT(m): 7:33am On Aug 23, 2023
tuzle:
someone said the obvious and u went on the part of bad belle and wickedness.
Small comprehension you no Sabi!!
Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by AllenSpencer: 7:34am On Aug 23, 2023
Wainey:
This is not just about appreciating your own.

In the past 10years, can you call any new American artist that has gone international like Davido, Burna boy, Asake, Wizkid or Tiwa?

You will still be calling the likes of Rihanna and Chris brown, their mates are Tuface, Psquare Lagbaja.

🤣🤣🤣

You are living in a box

2 Likes

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by jamesversion: 7:36am On Aug 23, 2023
AllenSpencer:

What past!

The records and statistics are not hidden!

Tell me one Nigerian Artiste that can match a Miley Cyrus, Beyonce, Drake, Cole or Jay Z.

Tell me one Nigerian artiste that has gone triple platinum on the billboard since the creation of Nigeria?

I don’t want to hear hearsay, show me workings…

Drake is not American. tongue
Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by tojahh(m): 7:37am On Aug 23, 2023
Person state fact. Una say na bad belle grin
He then gave statistics... As usual, na statistics we go chop grin
Shey any Nigerian artist fit get any achievement more than their American counterpart both past and present? Musicians are classed in

Awards
Earnings
Showmanship

Only Justin Bieber dwarf any of Naija artist. But again, Naija dwarf Ghanaian artist not because their music is not lit but the industry is slow and I think only Shatta Wale and Becca are trying to meet up.

Up Naija on this one.

1 Like

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by GoldenJAT(m): 7:38am On Aug 23, 2023
SoliBayNG:

That's the problem with you guys, you can never accept fact. How is what you posted related to what he said?

He stated facts. If you can't show him one, kindly be excused.
Owner lack comprehension eh!! Whether American music is better than Nigeria's music or whatever, is not my issue. My issue is this, Shatta Wale said what he said! But the dumbo left all that and started comparing America's music with that of Nigeria!! Na only person way no de happy for person success de always try rubbish accomplishment with something different outrightly!!

1 Like

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by AllenSpencer: 7:38am On Aug 23, 2023
jamesversion:

Drake is not American. tongue

His market is in America, and even if you exclude him, the list is still endless.

1 Like

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by tuzle(m): 7:39am On Aug 23, 2023
Wainey:
name one recent musician from America that rose to international conciousness in the last 10yrs like Burna boy, Asake, Davido, Wizkid or Tiwa.

To you, everyone who talks good about Nigeria is Yoruba. Hatred for your country must be a inbuilt thing in ur tribe grin
there are many of them but I won't mention and most are more popular than any of the artist u mentioned there. Remember we have a lot of countries in the world. The likes of burna, wiz and davido may have been able to enter into the international market such as USA, Canada, UK and some part of Europe and some part of Asia, but can u say the same thing for all other countries. The most viewed Nigeria music video is by rema and he featured Selena Gomez to achieve that. Just go and check da baby music video or even halle that just started becoming popular.

4 Likes

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by abuhusna1: 7:39am On Aug 23, 2023
If we can channel the consumption of Nigeria local music to all sections of nigeria economy we will be talk of the world and become a developed nation

2 Likes

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by dalass(f): 7:40am On Aug 23, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Nigerian artistes making Ghanaian counterparts look like feeding bottle musicians – Shatta Wale

https://dailypost.ng/2023/08/21/nigerian-artistes-making-ghanaian-counterparts-look-like-feeding-bottle-musicians-shatta-wale/

All Yoruba talents

Asake,Tiwa, Wizkid, Davido, Even Burna grin grin grin

Awon omoluabi, oluomos making us proud grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by tuzle(m): 7:42am On Aug 23, 2023
GoldenJAT:
Small comprehension you no Sabi!!
u are the one that lacks comprehension. Give out stat to make ur claim.
Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by GoldenJAT(m): 7:45am On Aug 23, 2023
SmartPolician:

That's the problem of the black man, which explains why this country is a big mess.

Everything is about emotions and sentiments.

How can any sane person be comparing Nigerian music to American music?

He has quoted facts and figures, you start saying he's not patriotic. Una too get problem for this country.

Yes, Nigerian music is growing fast, but it's sheer madness to compare it with American music. Right from when we were kids, American music had dominated the global music industry and that set a high standard for new comers in the Industry. That's how the cookie crumbles.

As for the Ghanaians, I like how they look up to us in everything and use Nigeria as a yardstick while we compete with the biggest in the world.

If not for f00lish Nigerians electing idiotic leaders, Nigeria would have been miles ahead of every country on this continent.
You lack comprehension! Small comprehension!! Who started the comparison? Was the comparison necessary?? You guys are so toxic!! Appreciate someone's win without looking for something to discredit efforts!! It wasn't even a Nigerian doing the praising, it was a Ghanaian!! But it was Nigerians that left all that to start their idiotic comparison of the Nigeria's music industry with that of the Americans. I ask again! Was the comparison necessary??

2 Likes

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by Wainey: 7:45am On Aug 23, 2023
tuzle:
there are many of them but I won't mention and most are more popular than any of the artist u mentioned there. Remember we have a lot of countries in the world. The likes of burna, wiz and davido may have been able to enter into the international market such as USA, Canada, UK and some part of Europe and some part of Asia, but can u say the same thing for all other countries. The most viewed Nigeria music video is by rema and he featured Selena Gomez to achieve that. Just go and check da baby music video or even halle that just started becoming popular.
and Selena Gomez had to thank him after the video that he helped her fame.
BTW, you are comparing Selena Gomez to Rema? I am talking about New artists and not those that were already in the music industry when MJ was still alive.

Except Justin beiber, there is no other new American artist can is famous
Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by jamesversion: 7:47am On Aug 23, 2023
AllenSpencer:

His market is in America, and even if you exclude him, the list is still endless.

The Americans have a more developed music industry spanning different genres of music.

Whilst Nigeria was still a colony, Americans were making music and hosting musical tours.

What an unfair comparison to make. Atleast, compare us with countries that have similar circumstances with us. That is how to gauge development.

I noticed Nigerians love to compare themselves with Americans.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by LikeAking: 7:48am On Aug 23, 2023
equity1:
is not true. May be before not now
Which part of my statement is not true.
Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by Wainey: 7:48am On Aug 23, 2023
tuzle:
some of u are living inside box. So no American artist gone international in the past ten years abi. Maybe International only means Nigerian to u guys.
I did not say in the past 10years, I said those that started their career 10yrs ago.

Even beiber started in 2009, years before Davido and Wizkid started theirs

2 Likes

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by Solsix(m): 7:49am On Aug 23, 2023
He don tire to beef

1 Like

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by GoldenJAT(m): 7:50am On Aug 23, 2023
tuzle:
u are the one that lacks comprehension. Give out stat to make ur claim.
See Mumu!! Big fool, that is what you are!!
I wasn't the one that compared our music industry with that of the Americans. I only said that we should appreciate what we have and efforts, because we are obviously trying. A Ghanaian praised what Nigerian artists are doing, out of nowhere some Nigerians started comparing America's music industry with that of Nigeria. And I asked, if the comparison was necessary!! Why not celebrate that or move along if you have nothing to say!! Why the unnecessary comparison?

2 Likes

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by lexy2014: 7:50am On Aug 23, 2023
STEWpid:
Chai..

The permanent bad perception and prejudice that Ghanaians have towards Nigerians are deep rooted in their heart.

They hate Nigerians with passion.

All because of Ghana-Must-Go.

But something must have prompted such event to happen in the first place!

How is all this related to what shattawale said?
Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by sylve11: 7:51am On Aug 23, 2023
TINUBUISMAD:
Don't mind them
With their Wark lyrics and frog voice

Lyrics really bad. cool
Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by smokinloud(m): 7:51am On Aug 23, 2023
Wainey:
Tell me one recent musician except Justin beiber that rose to fame in USA in the past 10yrs, like Davido, Burna boy, Asake, Wizkid or Tiwa.

The era of fine lyrics from Alicia keys and Beyonce are gone, they are now wack musicians from USA
Are you joking or just being plain mad?!.
Argh!.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hottest Nollywood Actress / Funny Reactions on twitter trails Soundcity MVP Awards / Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.