Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,436 members, 7,836,740 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre (27695 Views)

5 Nigerian Artistes Who Acquired A G-wagon (photos) / Orezi Rocks New Hairstyle, Warns Nigerian Artistes Not To Copy It / Runtown Responds To Mr Eazi "Nigerian Artistes Are Using His 'Ghanian Sound" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by sylve11: 7:52am On Aug 23, 2023
ecolime:
Shatta Wale just dey wake up. As long as music comedy & movies are concerned, we are the entertainment capital of Africa.

Nigerians are natural entertainers. Even our Politicians dey dish out contents on a steady.

Just like

BAT : Balablu bulaba
PO: I got the advice from a mad man.
Etc..

😄 🤣 😂 cool
Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by Wainey: 7:53am On Aug 23, 2023
smokinloud:

Are you joking or just being plain mad?!.
Argh!.
call one of them na
Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by LikeAking: 7:53am On Aug 23, 2023
Wainey:
Tell me one recent musician except Justin beiber that rose to fame in USA in the past 10yrs, like Davido, Burna boy, Asake, Wizkid or Tiwa.

The era of fine lyrics from Alicia keys and Beyonce are gone, they are now wack musicians from USA

Pls be civilized with your assumptions.

If they read this they will stop surporting Nigerian artist.

Na our Bragado Dey limit us.

1 Like

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by tuzle(m): 7:54am On Aug 23, 2023
Wainey:
and Selena Gomez had to thank him after the video that he helped her fame.
BTW, you are comparing Selena Gomez to Rema? I am talking about New artists and not those that were already in the music industry when MJ was still alive.

Except Justin beiber, there is no other new American artist can is famous
even the Justin Bieber u mentioned is older than burna and davido in the music industry. U guys don't listen to foreign music doesn't mean rgan we don't have them plenty. U mentioned how many Nigeria artist that are big and out of the list like 4 can't be termed new artist because they have been in the industry for like 10years. Now back to u Billie elish has sold more music than anybody on that list and I don't even like her music. She has topped the chart list in many countries.
Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by Peppysco: 7:55am On Aug 23, 2023
livebyday:

The bolded is poor grammar..it is how on earth did Nigerians kill Ghanaian music not killed Ghanaian music..
🙄

Type in pidgin if you feel more comfortable with that. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Mr. ITK, if you actually read through the comment, you'll definitely know that was a typo error, but no, the feeling that you corrected your elder gave you a chill.

2 Likes

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by livebyday(m): 7:56am On Aug 23, 2023
Peppysco:

Mr. ITK, if you actually read through the comment, you'll definitely know that was a typo error, but no, the feeling that you corrected your elder gave you a chill.

🙄
Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by GoldenJAT(m): 7:56am On Aug 23, 2023
jamesversion:

The Americans have a more developed music industry spanning different genres of music.

Whilst Nigeria was still a colony, Americans were making music and hosting musical tours.

What an unfair comparison to make. Atleast, compare us with countries that have similar circumstances with us. That is how to gauge development.

I noticed Nigerians love to compare themselves with Americans.
You de mind so Nigerians forming woke!! So Nigerians are very terrible!! Tell me why the comparison all of a sudden!!

2 Likes

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by tuzle(m): 7:59am On Aug 23, 2023
GoldenJAT:
See Mumu!! Big fool, that is what you are!!
I wasn't the one that compared our music industry with that of the Americans. I only said that we should appreciate what we have and efforts, because we are obviously trying. A Ghanaian praised what Nigerian artists are doing, out of nowhere some Nigerians started comparing America's music industry with that of Nigeria. And I asked, if the comparison was necessary!! Why not celebrate that or move along if you have nothing to say!! Why the unnecessary comparison?
I don't like replying people who starts with insults but I will reply u. The original message I quoted was the person calling the guy wicked because he said the fact and when I replied I must have read the comparison wrongly as comprehension. Back to what u said the topic itself was comparing Ghanian music to Nigerian and u guys know that our is widely more accepted and everyone supports this. The guy who first compared just did the same thing but u guys don't want to accept
Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by tuzle(m): 8:00am On Aug 23, 2023
Wainey:
I did not say in the past 10years, I said those that started their career 10yrs ago.

Even beiber started in 2009, years before Davido and Wizkid started theirs
tell me one Nigeria artist that is bigger than the weekend and wizkid and davido are not 10years, they are older than that

1 Like

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by VKconcept(m): 8:01am On Aug 23, 2023
Wainey:
Tell me one recent musician except Justin beiber that rose to fame in USA in the past 10yrs, like Davido, Burna boy, Asake, Wizkid or Tiwa.

The era of fine lyrics from Alicia keys and Beyonce are gone, they are now wack musicians from USA

You're funny, you obviously aint listening to music outside Nigerian music. I will like to ask you what's your criteria for your "rose to fame". Let's start with that so I won't have to waste my time.

2 Likes

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by karkinase(m): 8:01am On Aug 23, 2023
AllenSpencer:

What past!

The records and statistics are not hidden!

Tell me one Nigerian Artiste that can match a Miley Cyrus, Beyonce, Drake, Cole or Jay Z.

Tell me one Nigerian artiste that has gone triple platinum on the billboard since the creation of Nigeria?

I don’t want to hear hearsay, show me workings…

Oga you living in thepast

1 Like

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by cookingoilpress: 8:03am On Aug 23, 2023
Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by Nobody: 8:03am On Aug 23, 2023
Unnecessary comparison as artist like stoneboy black sheriff and amaraee are doing well from Ghana
Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by smokinloud(m): 8:07am On Aug 23, 2023
Wainey:
call one of them na
Mention one artiste that is as successful as "the weekend" and "Arianna Grande". To begin with.

1 Like

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by matotoide(m): 8:08am On Aug 23, 2023
Not anymore
AllenSpencer:
Life has levels!

Same way American musicians will make Nigerian musicians look like toddlers!

2 Likes

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by pandax: 8:13am On Aug 23, 2023
AllenSpencer:

What past!

Tell me one Nigerian Artiste that can match a Miley Cyrus, Beyonce, Drake, Cole or Jay Z.

Tell me one Nigerian artiste that has gone triple platinum on the billboard since the creation of Nigeria?

Inferiority complex is your challenge. Emancipate yourself, probably you are residing in the USA
Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by DelphiOracle(m): 8:14am On Aug 23, 2023
Pojomojo:
There was a time in Nigeria that all we consumed was foreign music. We rocked this music without a single care in the world about who and where the song was made. As long as it was good we rocked it till we are tired.

There was a time in Nigeria that listening to Nigerian songs was considered ghetto, and that was also because we couldn't see ourselves rocking it. We thought they weren't doing enough to get our attention to rock Nigerian music. Then they started doing something different. Nigerian artists got Nigerian's attention and since then we have not looked back.

Apart from working hard, Nigerian artists don't just release a song and wait for air to blow it into our ears. They spend a lot on promotions too. Ghanaians ranting about Nigerians going to ghana to promote their song is funny. Going out to promote your song is part of the hard work we are talking about. In the past, before they started going out to promote their music, Nigerian artists will tour Nigerian universities, polytechnics and colleges of education just to get Nigerians to know their song exist.

Nigerians don't rock a song because it is Nigerian, we rock and dance to good music. We are rocking Amapiano today Because it's good. We didn't say it's from south Africa we won't rock it. We rocked jerusalema and wande thomas (don't know if I am right 😁) like we were going to die on it.

Some blaming population on why Nigerian artists are doing good is also funny. If that is the case why is India music not number 1 in the world? Good songs don't have enemy. Moreover Nigeria has done more collaboration with Ghana artists in Africa. Why is Ghana not dragging south African's to help them promote their songs? Are they not also in Africa? Or is it because Nigeria is the only country that can be dragged?
we rock awilo too

2 Likes

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 23, 2023
AllenSpencer:

Gibberish!

You happy to celebrate that You are better than Ghana, but not ready to accept that the Americans are light years ahead of Nigeria!

Double standards!

By the way, I thought you said, you were no longer replying? Dumbo! 🤣🤣🤣
Asake is clear of every American artist. I’m
Not taking about sales but TALENT. Watch that O2 performance and see. No American is putting on a show like that right now

1 Like

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by Wainey: 8:18am On Aug 23, 2023
smokinloud:

Mention one artiste that is as successful as "the weekend" and "Arianna Grande". To begin with.
weekend is a Canadian while Arania Grande has started since 2008, she was my crush back then. Burna boy was just recently
Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by smokinloud(m): 8:19am On Aug 23, 2023
Naijaboy18:

Not taking about sales but TALENT. Watch that O2 performance and see. No American is putting on a show like that right now
That's because you limited to Nigerian musics.
02 is not an achievement to an average American artiste.
Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by Nobody: 8:20am On Aug 23, 2023
smokinloud:

That's because you limited to Nigerian musics.
02 is not an achievement to an average American artiste.
Watch the performance. Name a single American artist that is on that level. Just one

4 Likes

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by LookinguntoGod: 8:21am On Aug 23, 2023
In terms of musical entertainments of recent, we are poles apart from Ghana. Artistes in Ghana should wait for their turn which is coming soonest.

1 Like

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by ASAPFERG: 8:23am On Aug 23, 2023
Yoruba and not Nigeria... cool

Other tribes should go and look for their own glory tongue

1 Like

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by TyroneP(m): 8:28am On Aug 23, 2023
FreeStuffsNG =125296728:
Nigerian artistes making Ghanaian counterparts look like feeding bottle musicians – Shatta Wale

https://dailypost.ng/2023/08/21/nigerian-artistes-making-ghanaian-counterparts-look-like-feeding-bottle-musicians-shatta-wale/

Finally, he agreed!
Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by mabea: 8:30am On Aug 23, 2023
Must you compare? You should learn that your country is a small country and Nigeria is your big brother. So stop the unnecessary comparison.
Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by smokinloud(m): 8:30am On Aug 23, 2023
Wainey:
weekend is a Canadian while Arania Grande has started since 2008, she was my crush back then. Burna boy was just recently
It's not about his country of birth, The weekend is considered an American artiste because the record label that made him popular is in American music industry.
Arianna Grande didn't start her music career in 2008. Maybe you are mixing her acting career up with her music career!.
Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by Joyceaile(f): 8:31am On Aug 23, 2023
AllenSpencer:

What past!

promotion bro ,massive promos,labels etc makes an artist big ,
Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by Oscarchims: 8:32am On Aug 23, 2023
correctguy101:

True talk .

Whether good or bad, na we dey breathe.... cheesy
you know the matter my brother

1 Like

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by smokinloud(m): 8:33am On Aug 23, 2023
Naijaboy18:

Watch the performance. Name a single American artist that is on that level. Just one
I watched it and he is a demon but comparing him with American artistes is nonsensical...
Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by ASAPFERG: 8:33am On Aug 23, 2023
jamesversion:

The Americans have a more developed music industry spanning different genres of music.

Whilst Nigeria was still a colony, Americans were making music and hosting musical tours.

What an unfair comparison to make. Atleast, compare us with countries that have similar circumstances with us. That is how to gauge development.

I noticed Nigerians love to compare themselves with Americans.
dont mind them.. Americans that have been singing before we even think of independence.. Na him that one they compare with Nigeria musicians wey never reach 20yrs

2 Likes

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by AllenSpencer: 8:33am On Aug 23, 2023
Naijaboy18:

Talent?

Have you heard of Kendrick Lamar or J Cole before!

1 Like

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by Deepsky(m): 8:33am On Aug 23, 2023
This guy is just funny though saying the truth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Moet Abebe Rocks Open Chest Outfit To An Event (photo) / Hottest Nollywood Actress / Funny Reactions on twitter trails Soundcity MVP Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.