Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,884 members, 7,828,141 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

NERC Urges Users To Update Prepaid Meters Before November - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NERC Urges Users To Update Prepaid Meters Before November (29545 Views)

Customers Protest Discos’ Plan To Retrieve Prepaid Meters / Consumers Kick As FG Raises Prices Of Prepaid Meters / Stockpile Foodstuffs Before November 6 - NLC Tells Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NERC Urges Users To Update Prepaid Meters Before November by ican2020: 4:41pm On Aug 23, 2023
Some are already saying is worldwide update that means the end of time has come

For those of you who do not Jesus Christ as his lord and savior your shege has been tripped already

1 Like

Re: NERC Urges Users To Update Prepaid Meters Before November by mechanics(m): 4:43pm On Aug 23, 2023
The time is still far, by then the discos will have shed more light regarding the update.
Re: NERC Urges Users To Update Prepaid Meters Before November by Nerdnextdoor: 4:43pm On Aug 23, 2023
How can I update when no electricity power?

1 Like

Re: NERC Urges Users To Update Prepaid Meters Before November by UDUJ(m): 4:45pm On Aug 23, 2023
Why do I have this funny feeling about this? cheesy

1 Like

Re: NERC Urges Users To Update Prepaid Meters Before November by scoobyblogspot(m): 4:45pm On Aug 23, 2023

1 Like

Re: NERC Urges Users To Update Prepaid Meters Before November by jmoore(m): 4:45pm On Aug 23, 2023
Brendaniel:

Oga did I mention Naira, it is not deducting his units as others are deducting per kwh
Ok, I had to read your first post to get you.
The first prepaid that came uses smartcard. And it is not included in this recent update.

Secondly, what is loaded in the smartcard is kwh. You go to nepa office and pay any amount you like and the kwh is loaded to the smartcard. The metre only deducts the power you consume, unless the metre is faulty.

For the current update, those who fail to update can't load any units after the deadline. Which means blackout.

2 Likes

Re: NERC Urges Users To Update Prepaid Meters Before November by Ashoore: 4:46pm On Aug 23, 2023
Ekedc will use it to extort user of prepaid meters before any update. If the update is realistic.
Re: NERC Urges Users To Update Prepaid Meters Before November by Princeton92(m): 4:52pm On Aug 23, 2023
as in eh no be lie cheesy cheesy

iwaeda:

They have explained what will happen with reverse psychology. grin grin grin grin
Re: NERC Urges Users To Update Prepaid Meters Before November by erico2k2(m): 4:55pm On Aug 23, 2023
iwaeda:

https://punchng.com/nerc-urges-users-to-update-prepaid-meters-before-november/
Backward country.it should be them doing the update not the customers.

1 Like

Re: NERC Urges Users To Update Prepaid Meters Before November by Bluntemperor: 5:16pm On Aug 23, 2023
So,NERC just wake up after many years because the New Minister seems to be No Nonsense Man!
Both the NERC and DISCOS are Fraudulent Entity imposed on Nigeria and until they are dismantled,we can have No Industilisation and 24/7 Lights in Nigeria!

Attention Power Minister: Mr ADEDIBU,etc.
- if you want to make a lasting Change in Nigeria Power Structures,you need to take this Discos by surprises, otherwise,in next 4- yrs, you wouldn't be able to tell Nigerians-what you have done!
- Let Govt buy the DISCOS back- as they did to BP Oil then in the 80s.The reasons why the real Experts( General Electric,Enron Power) were Chased away from Nigeria and,when the Local Contractors were preferred- and since then- nothing New has been achieved ,for the past 11- yrs.
So sad for our Youths Unemployments in this very Important Areas!
1- Most of the Nigerian Cities/Areas have :
Not witnessed any NEW Transformers,so they remained in total darkness.
2- No adequate Prepaid Metres,as most are given to Selected few People ( highest bidders)!
*Since we don't Produce both Transformers and Prepaid,so why is it difficult to distribute to the Masses! We are very wicked to ourselves!
3- Lights are never Regular - what the Discos and their accolite do is - Short- Changing different Areas for Day and Night but claimed heavy Money on Monthly basis( eyi je,eyi ko je) while their Ogas', enjoy full lights in their Areas for 24/ Hours!
4-In some Areas in some States- e g Event Places,etc,Light for Nigerians are diverted for that period of the Day! Is that fair to Nigerians?
5.Is that not Criminal Acts? Why can't we enjoyed full light for 24/7 for something we Imports their Parts!
6.The present DISCOS have no Agenda to give NIGERIA Lights but Darkness- with Estimated Billing!
-Why are NEPA Operations,in different Areas- where their Ogas' have Houses,if not for Corruption- so NIGERIANS can't determined their level of Discos -Operations? It is an intensional acts!
Let Nigerians know the Following:
7• Without Industilisation in Key Sectors of our Economic Life-
•eg -Iron and Steel Sector,
-Agriculture Sector,
-Industrial Growth/ Manufacturing Sector.
-Science and Technology,etc,
•ALL These Sectors need 24/7 Lights to Produce and Transform their Products for 220- Millions Nigerians!
•Even Productions of Phones, utensils,etc- you need Constant Light,For a dynamic and Creative Economy- lights must be on365- Days, unless,we are deceiving ourselves!
- Ghanaians--have been enjoying 24/7 Lights for Decades or why do you think Dunlop and other Companies ran there for their business?
- Egyptians are moving gradually their Industrial Growth Sector as,more lights are available!
- Why did Elon Musk ran to China-not because of Cheap Labour alone,but Lights are 365- Days Constant and Cheap?
- Why do we call Las-Vegas( USA)-the City of Lights because light never go but constant.
•India Are Now in the Moon- thereby breaking into the Members of Elite Space Exploration( USA China, Russia and now India),so if you don't have lights,no show!
-Congratulations to India 1.4 Billion People- for Successfully Launch of Space Exploration into the Moon and welcome to the Elite Space Group of ( USA,China, Russia and now India).A great feat indeed!

To President Tinubu:
•It seems some People don't want Nigeria to develop into the Industrial Giant- over to you Minister of Power and all your crew.
We all remember how some National Assembly Committee Members engulfed in the Corruption of this Power Sector about 11- years ago!
Today,this Power Sector is still very, very Corrupt!
Let NIGERIANS Breath!
Re: NERC Urges Users To Update Prepaid Meters Before November by balingaonline(m): 5:18pm On Aug 23, 2023
Inasmuch the sun is still shine for sky, I don't pray to have anything to do with NEPA
Re: NERC Urges Users To Update Prepaid Meters Before November by Whynotthetruth(m): 5:20pm On Aug 23, 2023
jmoore:

I don't know about those details.
But I have used key change previously. I was on EEDC before. After they settled the dispute they had with geometric in Aba, Aba power under geometric took over some LGA and we had to do key change before we could load units under Aba power.

How efficient is Geometric?
Re: NERC Urges Users To Update Prepaid Meters Before November by philipobiz: 5:25pm On Aug 23, 2023
iwaeda:

https://punchng.com/nerc-urges-users-to-update-prepaid-meters-before-november/
Na only law against consumers NERC dey enforce. But the ones against consumers eh dey silent.
Who is fooling who?

1 Like

Re: NERC Urges Users To Update Prepaid Meters Before November by mrdino(m): 5:49pm On Aug 23, 2023
jmoore:
It is a worldwide update.
For the date, it is next year.

Can you please enlighten us further?
Re: NERC Urges Users To Update Prepaid Meters Before November by countryman13: 5:52pm On Aug 23, 2023
[quote author=gaby post=125309783]So, the meters can not be auto-updated remotely from the manufacturers end?

No sector of the economy is making sense aside from the corruption sector.[/quo
That would have been d case but unfortunately some of these meters are not configured as such during production. But i think Smart meters will be good to go in the area of auto update remotely.
Re: NERC Urges Users To Update Prepaid Meters Before November by Yemike(m): 5:52pm On Aug 23, 2023
jmoore:

That one no follow.
Alright. Thanks.
Re: NERC Urges Users To Update Prepaid Meters Before November by mrdino(m): 5:53pm On Aug 23, 2023
Addme:
Could not recharge my meter first week of this month. I had to contact them and I got my KCT 1 and 2 and my meter was upgraded easily.

Be kind enough to update us if you noticed any changes.
Re: NERC Urges Users To Update Prepaid Meters Before November by Irupetepete: 5:53pm On Aug 23, 2023
Racoon:
Hope NERC is not up to something sinister. Never trust any policy under this government.
na to catch bypasses
Re: NERC Urges Users To Update Prepaid Meters Before November by jmoore(m): 6:04pm On Aug 23, 2023
Whynotthetruth:

How efficient is Geometric?

It was better from late last year till early this year when Transmission Company of Nigeria reduced the power allocated to them because of debt. Power supply has reduced currently.

There are plans by geometric to start generating their own power before the end of the year.
Re: NERC Urges Users To Update Prepaid Meters Before November by FireUpNow(m): 6:07pm On Aug 23, 2023
Very soon supporters will come online to claim this update is to international standard. That our prepaid meters update is too low compared to how it's done in the US and other developed countries. APC and FG scam alert

1 Like

Re: NERC Urges Users To Update Prepaid Meters Before November by jmoore(m): 6:07pm On Aug 23, 2023
mrdino:

Can you please enlighten us further?
The update is an easy task, Same way you input tokens into the meter. Your disco will give you the numbers that you will enter for the update.

1 Like

Re: NERC Urges Users To Update Prepaid Meters Before November by nedekid: 6:28pm On Aug 23, 2023
Has the charges been secretly increased? Noticed it is now ₦75 per unit.
Re: NERC Urges Users To Update Prepaid Meters Before November by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:31pm On Aug 23, 2023
jmoore:

It was better from late last year till early this year when Transmission Company of Nigeria reduced the power allocated to them because of debt. Power supply has reduced currently.

There are plans by geometric to start generating their own power before the end of the year.

Generation is one... Transmitting is another before distribution. Do they have the infrastructure for transmission?
Re: NERC Urges Users To Update Prepaid Meters Before November by Talknochip(m): 6:45pm On Aug 23, 2023
We don do dis one dis year for JEDC nah
Abi, nah anoda one?
Re: NERC Urges Users To Update Prepaid Meters Before November by Encyclopedia1: 6:50pm On Aug 23, 2023
Make we update but no light to update with
Re: NERC Urges Users To Update Prepaid Meters Before November by kmaster007: 7:08pm On Aug 23, 2023
Wat of we dat don't hv prepaid meter
Re: NERC Urges Users To Update Prepaid Meters Before November by jmoore(m): 7:09pm On Aug 23, 2023
Whynotthetruth:

Generation is one... Transmitting is another before distribution. Do they have the infrastructure for transmission?
The transmission lines were already setup during those years of dispute.

1 Like

Re: NERC Urges Users To Update Prepaid Meters Before November by Iamzik: 8:06pm On Aug 23, 2023
jmoore:

It is a worldwide update. Not peculiar to Nigeria.
It only requires a keychange that is inputed via the CIU by the customer.

Then this key should be send to customer registered number as SMS. Why do we like to over complicate simple things?
Re: NERC Urges Users To Update Prepaid Meters Before November by Iamzik: 8:07pm On Aug 23, 2023
jmoore:

It is a worldwide update. Not peculiar to Nigeria.
It only requires a keychange that is inputed via the CIU by the customer.

Then this key should be send to customer registered number as SMS. Why do we like to complicate simple things?
Re: NERC Urges Users To Update Prepaid Meters Before November by Correct05: 8:17pm On Aug 23, 2023
I did ds upgrading since 1st week of ds month. My meter is not accepting token again. Ibedc have not provide solution since. I make used of all their customer service network, for where. No solution. I take my time to visit their office. They're telling me, they will have to come and pick d meter to work on it. And for d time they are working on it, I will be on estimated bill
Re: NERC Urges Users To Update Prepaid Meters Before November by CaptainFM1: 8:21pm On Aug 23, 2023
iwaeda:
Won tun fe gba wa. They want to exploit us again. APC , another pattern to cry. grin grin grin grin

They want to install electronic tracker inside so they can automatically tax us even more.
Re: NERC Urges Users To Update Prepaid Meters Before November by CaptainFM1: 8:22pm On Aug 23, 2023
Correct05:
I did ds upgrading since 1st week of ds month. My meter is not accepting token again. Ibedc have not provide solution since. I make used of all their customer service network, for where. No solution. I take my time to visit their office. They're telling me, they will have to come and pick d meter to work on it. And for d time they are working on it, I will be on estimated bill

Everything in Nigeria na scam my brother.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jana-Iza Prayers Of General Idris Alkali (Photos) / Wike’s Romance With APC, LP Raises Dust In PDP / Mr Macroni Accuses Dayo Isreal Of Threatening Nigerians Over 2023 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.