Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,786 members, 7,827,895 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Is Romantic Love Just A Delusion? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Romantic Love Just A Delusion? (531 Views)

The Girl I Love Just Broke My Heart In Such A Despicable Way(pictures) / The Girl I Love Just Got Deflowered By Another Guy. / Is This True Love? Just Say Your Mind (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Romantic Love Just A Delusion? by ideamonster: 3:20pm On Aug 23, 2023
Romantic love is a delusion that is based on sexual attraction. Most Nigerians get their ideas about love from Movies. Movies program us to seek romantic love above all else.

Nigerians are programmed by social media. Nigerians especially are the receiving end of these programming, many believe that sex and "love" are the key to happiness.

Men have been programmed to seek feminine approval when their own approval is all that matters.

This programming is intensifying. Every time I watch TV especially Hollywood, I see dominant women paired with feminized men who are trying to impress the women.

The average man spends 75% of his energy on it. Many men are ruined by divorce. What if men spent this energy elsewhere? On their work? On Enlightenment? On their music, hobbies or sports? On politics?

The social pressure to conform, to seek "a relationship" is overwhelming.

Maybe the real takeaway is this:

Men should never look to women to give them self-confidence but themselves.

Is anything wrong if men choose not to marry? How do you deal with the pressures of society to start a romantic relationship?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWyK9d6IS7Q

What are your thoughts on this?

1 Like

Re: Is Romantic Love Just A Delusion? by ideamonster: 4:19pm On Aug 27, 2023
ideamonster:
Romantic love is a delusion that is based on sexual attraction. Most Nigerians get their ideas about love from Movies. Movies program us to seek romantic love above all else.

Nigerians are programmed by social media. Nigerians especially are the receiving end of these programming, many believe that sex and "love" are the key to happiness.

Men have been programmed to seek feminine approval when their own approval is all that matters.

This programming is intensifying. Every time I watch TV especially Hollywood, I see dominant women paired with feminized men who are trying to impress the women.

The average man spends 75% of his energy on it. Many men are ruined by divorce. What if men spent this energy elsewhere? On their work?

On Enlightenment? On their music, hobbies or sports? On politics?

The social pressure to conform, to seek "a relationship" is overwhelming.

Maybe the real takeaway is this:

Men should never look to women to give them self-confidence but themselves.

Is anything wrong if men choose not to marry? How do you deal with the pressures of society to start a romantic relationship?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWyK9d6IS7Q

What are your thoughts on this?

possible
Re: Is Romantic Love Just A Delusion? by Dimaya: 6:07pm On Oct 04, 2023
ideamonster:

possible

spot on
Re: Is Romantic Love Just A Delusion? by TheDarkporeShow: 4:46pm On Dec 30, 2023
this happens when people don't properly assess what they need to start a family:

Tell yourself the truth about women's expectations because most marriages end up cause the man does not understand the expectations of the woman he has married.

(1) (Reply)

Sweet Sex / Life Has No Balance. For ladies only / What's Your Most Controversial Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.