Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,788 members, 7,827,908 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

The Absurdity Of (lack Of) Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Absurdity Of (lack Of) Religion (167 Views)

The Problems Of Lack Of Sexual Purity Before Marriage. / The Absurdity Of Life Without God / The Expression Of Pre-determined Absurdity Called Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Absurdity Of (lack Of) Religion by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 23, 2023
The Absurdity Of Lack Of A Religion. AKA Atheism

I wish to start by importing a definition of religion, just so everyone can know their stand. (Especially those who claim not to practice any religion, but they just believe the Bible or something similar)

Religion:
• The belief in and worship of a superhuman power or powers, especially a God or gods.
• A particular system of faith and worship.
• A pursuit or interest followed with great devotion.

I'm a Christian, so I'll talk like one.
I've always tried to point out that anyone who is a die-hard Christian by now isn't there because he/she was born into a Christian family, but because he/she has experienced God first-hand.
Just like me (as I always say), I've been a true Christian for about 2 years now and anyone that wants to convince me otherwise must first of all explain how my supernatural encounters were not from God!

One thing many religions share in common is a Creation Story and possibly an Eternity Story which leads me to marvel at atheists and the likes — those who claim that there is none!

It's just like everyone is running broke and decides to g@mble with their last pocket change, different people g@mble in different manners with hopes that they may cash out on something, the atheists refuse to gamble.

No, let me make a better analogy.
The kingdom is slowly losing food and everyone is scampering to sow, hoping that they'll reap, the atheists refuse to sow, with hopes that the plants that already grow are all they need and we who plant are wasting seeds.

It's quite hilarious tho.
They want to see God before believing, but haven't seen the universe, yet they believe it is billions of light-years in diameter.
They want to see God answer their prayers live, but they refused to have Faith, they conceive the opposite — doubt.
Even when there are thousands of Churches where they could walk in and see miracles, they say it's orchestrated.
We tell them we have a creator, they ask us who create the creator, meanwhile they never asked who created the particles that fused together in the big bang.
They believe in laws of mother nature, karma, sow and reap, but they refuse to believe that there's a force upholding those laws.
They believe in aliens — A more complex intelligence than us, we believe in the supernatural — a more complex intelligence that us, they say we are on colos.
Some Africans have witnessed the work/confession of witchcraft, but later grew up and matured out of that delusion.
Some say we started as unicellular organisms, became apes and then humans, but the other apes in the zoo have refused to evolve after so long.

One Nairalander said that complexity can't be answered by bringing a more complex Being. And I asked myself, “if there should be a creator, shouldn't He be more complex than we are?”

My earnest question to Atheists, how was the universe (and man) created?
Re: The Absurdity Of (lack Of) Religion by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 23, 2023
I always liken my God to a Computer Programmer.
It's only then that you can understand how Words (lines of code) can create a complex Universe (Game/application)

And it's only then that you'll understand why the creation (Character in the game for instance) can never really understand their creator (Programmer) because all their actions/thinking capabilities are limited by commands/syntax/whatever programmers call it, and the creator isn't limited one bit by all these.
Re: The Absurdity Of (lack Of) Religion by FxMasterz: 12:24am On Aug 24, 2023
preciousee17:
I always liken my God to a Computer Programmer.
It's only then that you can understand how Words (lines of code) can create a complex Universe (Game/application)

And it's only then that you'll understand why the creation (Character in the game for instance) can never really understand their creator (Programmer) because all their actions/thinking capabilities are limited by commands/syntax/whatever programmers call it, and the creator isn't limited one bit by all these.

Atheists are the most foolish beings on the planet. They reason like cock, then go about to brag that they're the most intelligent!

Yesterday, I was looking at a newly born kid goat in my younger brother's house. i began to wonder who taught the day old kid goat the location of its mother's breast? Who taught it to jerk up the breast so milk can flow? Who taught it to draw from the teats directly instead of grappling at the other parts of the breast? The day old kid goat was doing all these with amazing expertise. Yet some fools out there say its nothing.

I extended the kid goat's behavior to several other things out there. So many programmatic events in humans, animals and nature. Even something as simple as 'fear' which teaches us to run from danger. Infact, when I attempted to approach the day old kid goat, it made to run away from me even though it had never experienced danger in its life of few hours. Yet it knows to run away. Only fools think all these occur by happenstance. It even baffles me when tiny things like ants begin to make mouths and speak arrogantly against the Almighty God. God isn't man, that's their saving grace. And many such ants are here on Nairaland.

They have no proof for their assertions, whether personal or general. All their lives are based on speculative theories and ideologies that keep changing with new discoveries. Nothing concrete. Yet they consider themselves wise while expecting me to throw my unforgettable personal experiences and encounters out of the window to embrace their lunatic ideologies.

1 Like

Re: The Absurdity Of (lack Of) Religion by Nobody: 12:37am On Aug 24, 2023
FxMasterz:

Atheists are the most foolish beings on the planet. They reason like cock, then go about to brag that they're the most intelligent!

Take it easy sir smiley

Yesterday, I was looking at a newly born kid goat in my younger brother's house. i began to wonder who taught the day old kid goat the location of its mother's breast? Who taught it to jerk up the breast so milk can flow? Who taught it to draw from the teats directly instead of grappling at the other parts of the breast? The day old kid goat was doing all these with amazing expertise. Yet some fools out there say its nothing.

I extended the kid goat's behavior to several other things out there. So many programmatic events in humans, animals and nature. Even something as simple as 'fear' which teaches us to run from danger. Infact, when I attempted to approach the day old kid goat, it made to run away from me even though it had never experienced danger in its life of few hours. Yet it knows to run away. Only fools think all these occur by happenstance. It even baffles me when tiny things like ants begin to make mouths and speak arrogantly against the Almighty God. God isn't man, that's their saving grace. And many such ants are here on Nairaland.
Someone said that such complexity shouldn't be answered by bringing in a more complex factor into the equation.... I was wondering how a less complex factor manages provide a better explanation. SMH.
Others say the world has no beginning and end, but every single thing here on Earth has proven to have beginning and end.
They feel wise when they assume that we just spawned into existence by nothing, from nothing but tag us as fools when we say we have a Creator

They have no proof for their assertions, whether personal or general. All their lives are based on speculative theories and ideologies that keep changing with new discoveries. Nothing concrete. Yet they consider themselves wise while expecting me to throw my unforgettable personal experiences and encounters out of the window to embrace their lunatic ideologies.
“...Theories that keep changing...” Word!

1 Like

Re: The Absurdity Of (lack Of) Religion by Nobody: 7:03pm On Sep 14, 2023
I stumbled across this again.
It's worth reading wink
Re: The Absurdity Of (lack Of) Religion by Maynman: 7:20pm On Sep 14, 2023
"I'm a Christian, so I'll talk like one."

1 Like

Re: The Absurdity Of (lack Of) Religion by kkins25(m): 8:50pm On Sep 14, 2023
Poor self defeating arguments.

(1) (Reply)

Steps Where Jesus Walked & Healed A Blind Man Unearthed For First Time.... / The Lord's Yoke / My First Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.