Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,532 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Edo LG Poll: Why I’m Supporting My Younger Brother To Be Chairman — Gov Obaseki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo LG Poll: Why I’m Supporting My Younger Brother To Be Chairman — Gov Obaseki (735 Views)

Presidential Poll: Why I Defeated You — Tinubu Replies Obi / Presidential Poll: Why Pollsters Got Outcome Wrong / Oshiomhole: It Was The Same Buhari That Invited Me To Be Chairman That Sacked Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo LG Poll: Why I’m Supporting My Younger Brother To Be Chairman — Gov Obaseki by BleedingPen: 8:25am On Aug 24, 2023
The Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, leaders and members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), on Wednesday, concluded the campaign for the local government elections with stops at Oredo and Ikpoba-Okha local government areas (LGAs) amid cheers and excitement.

Obaseki charged voters in the two local councils to come out en masse on September 2, 2023, to vote for candidates of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), noting that they are credible and competent persons with integrity.

On the campaign trail were the Secretary to Edo State Government, Osarodion Ogie Esq.; Chief of Staff to Edo State Governor, Hon Osaigbovo Iyoha; Edo PDP Chairman, Dr Anthony Aziegbemi; Member representing Ikpoba-Okha in the Edo House of Assembly, Hon. Nicholas Asonsere and Member representing Oredo East at the Assembly, Hon. Frank Omosigho, among others.

Addressing party faithful at the Urhokpota Hall, the venue for the Oredo campaign rally, Obaseki charged voters to vote for Dr. Tom Obaseki as Chairman of the LGA, adding that he has the experience and expertise to transform the local council.

The governor explained that he is supporting him not because he is his brother but because he is a credible and competent candidate, who has managed men and resources and didn’t steal their collective patrimony.

“Tom Obaseki is a committed personality. He is a man who loves his people and is ready to work for the development of the Council. He has seen what we are doing in the State and will bring it to the local government area.

“I decided to support him not because he is my brother but because of the work he has done. In the last eight years, he has managed over $200 million projects in Edo State, with the World Bank through the Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project (NEWMAP).”

Obaseki added, “He has the required experience to transform Oredo. He has been supportive to my administration with his wealth of experience. He has the training and background. He has managed men and resources and will not steal your money.”

On his part, Oredo LGA chairmanship candidate, Dr. Tom Obaseki, while canvassing the people’s votes, said he will complement the governor’s efforts at improving the livelihood of the people, ensuring economic prosperity for the local council, focusing on youth and women empowerment, improved security and welfare of the people.

He said, “Oredo is the heartbeat of Edo State in politics. I promise you that we will prioritise women and youth empowerment. I will support the good works of the governor in improving security at the grassroots level and also ensure the welfare of the people in the council area.”

https://metrowatchxtra.com/2023/08/24/edo-lg-poll-why-im-supporting-my-brother-to-be-chairman-obaseki-metrowatch/

Lala Mynd44 Omp44 Seun

Re: Edo LG Poll: Why I’m Supporting My Younger Brother To Be Chairman — Gov Obaseki by BleedingPen: 8:26am On Aug 24, 2023
Thoughts?
Re: Edo LG Poll: Why I’m Supporting My Younger Brother To Be Chairman — Gov Obaseki by Kingosytex(m): 8:32am On Aug 24, 2023
Yeah! Okorocha once made all his relatives commissioners. He even created a ministry of happiness and enjoyment and made his elder sister commissioner. All his in laws he attached them in several agencies and parastatals and wanted to crown it all by installing his son in law as his successor, of course all of them were competent and qualified undecided

Politicians always seizing the opportunity to better themselves and cronies.

1 Like

Re: Edo LG Poll: Why I’m Supporting My Younger Brother To Be Chairman — Gov Obaseki by helinues: 8:36am On Aug 24, 2023
Obaseki should make sure/pray his preferred candidate for the next Edo guber election cos if not, Nyarko exiling go be child play

1 Like

Re: Edo LG Poll: Why I’m Supporting My Younger Brother To Be Chairman — Gov Obaseki by livebyday(m): 8:37am On Aug 24, 2023
helinues:
Obaseki should make sure/pray his preferred candidate for the next Edo guber election cos if not, Nyarko exiling go be child play

Focus on your state and leave my state's politics alone.
Mind your business .

You have been warned
Re: Edo LG Poll: Why I’m Supporting My Younger Brother To Be Chairman — Gov Obaseki by helinues: 8:40am On Aug 24, 2023
livebyday:

Mind your business .

You have been warned

Go to court

undecided

2 Likes

Re: Edo LG Poll: Why I’m Supporting My Younger Brother To Be Chairman — Gov Obaseki by livebyday(m): 8:42am On Aug 24, 2023
helinues:

Go to court

undecided

Are you from Edo state ? I said leave my state out of your mouth and focus on the igboz you spend your time trolling.

Let your misdemeanour be restrained to the southeast.

Be warned
Re: Edo LG Poll: Why I’m Supporting My Younger Brother To Be Chairman — Gov Obaseki by helinues: 8:44am On Aug 24, 2023
livebyday:

Are you from Edo state ? I said leave my state out of your mouth and focus on the igboz you spend your time trolling.

Let your misdemeanour be restrained to the southeast.

Be warned

Perhaps comprehension problem.

Go to court, na part of idling things

1 Like

Re: Edo LG Poll: Why I’m Supporting My Younger Brother To Be Chairman — Gov Obaseki by livebyday(m): 8:48am On Aug 24, 2023
helinues:

Perhaps comprehension problem.

Go to court, na part of idling things

What do you mean by this? Are you sure you want to have a good day?

Are you looking for something, trust me I can serve you a full course! 🔥

Let this be the last time you will ever try to think of using such insult on me again.

I am not those you play your trolling games with. It will not end well for you.

That whole fantasy life you troll with , it will stop .

Take this as you see fit.

But if you are feeling brave

Re: Edo LG Poll: Why I’m Supporting My Younger Brother To Be Chairman — Gov Obaseki by MrsTwrite(f): 8:51am On Aug 24, 2023
How does it concern us?
Re: Edo LG Poll: Why I’m Supporting My Younger Brother To Be Chairman — Gov Obaseki by OBTOREPA(m): 9:17am On Aug 24, 2023
Let Edo people decide
Re: Edo LG Poll: Why I’m Supporting My Younger Brother To Be Chairman — Gov Obaseki by richie240: 9:20am On Aug 24, 2023
Lolz.....d same clown(s) who kicked against 'godfatherism' when it suited them.
Taaaaa....
grin

livebyday:

Mind your business .

You have been warned
Re: Edo LG Poll: Why I’m Supporting My Younger Brother To Be Chairman — Gov Obaseki by Christistruth03: 9:24am On Aug 24, 2023
And you think Obaseki is not a Godfather?

Oshiomhole didn't do this

1 Like

Re: Edo LG Poll: Why I’m Supporting My Younger Brother To Be Chairman — Gov Obaseki by Ategberoson(m): 9:33am On Aug 24, 2023
Peter obi hate godfatherism but he fell out from Obiano because baba no allow him control him, he want to impose another dummy and he was shut out of Anambra politics

Peter obi cannot contest in Anambra election and win, the same applied to this hippopotamus looking obaseki that Edo fought Oshiomole to allow a saint to be their gov, Orton also use Buhari weakness to get second term despite his complete incompetent in first tenure
Re: Edo LG Poll: Why I’m Supporting My Younger Brother To Be Chairman — Gov Obaseki by Jackson619007: 9:39am On Aug 24, 2023
Rubbish, how do you know he is a "credible and competent candidate" when he's just a fresher who has done nothing?
He's your brother period.
Re: Edo LG Poll: Why I’m Supporting My Younger Brother To Be Chairman — Gov Obaseki by Oakenshield: 10:37am On Aug 24, 2023
Paddy paddy
Re: Edo LG Poll: Why I’m Supporting My Younger Brother To Be Chairman — Gov Obaseki by Thomthom(m): 11:05am On Aug 24, 2023
Obaseki is a gentleman.. He even get time to shalaye how wish na another governor na coup them go plan to install the man

(1) (Reply)

Keke Driver Pushed Into Gutter For Asking Lady Out / President Tinubu Is Seriously Working To Achieve These For Nigeria In First 3 Ye / Tinibu, Not Entirely Responsible For The Current Hunger.not Defending Him Though

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.