Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,659 members, 7,816,690 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Why Most Of 9ja Programmers Are Broke - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Why Most Of 9ja Programmers Are Broke (2252 Views)

Why Programmers Are Single / Nigerian Programmers Are Great / Webmasters And Programmers Are Needed Here For This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Most Of 9ja Programmers Are Broke by dauntless15(m): 4:31pm On Aug 25, 2023
qtguru:

What is your niche ?
UI uX designer with Shopify virtual assistant.
Re: Why Most Of 9ja Programmers Are Broke by dauntless15(m): 11:00am On Aug 26, 2023
qtguru:

What is your niche ?
hello I didn't hear from you again, my niche is UI uX design with Shopify virtual assistant
Re: Why Most Of 9ja Programmers Are Broke by o123456789(m): 12:20pm On Aug 26, 2023
dauntless15:
Boss I can wait, sharing resources with me won't change my situation sir, I've spent a lot of time downloading stuff all over the internet and watching endless vids on YouTube, non of this things are practical because if it was I'd have gotten even a single client, I dedicated so much time buying courses and all, and I realized that the one thing I'm missing is a mentor, pls don't let my efforts goto waste, I'd offer to pay you but what will my money do for you that you can't already do for yourself, I'm humble and ready to learn pls help me.
To be a successful programmer you must first build a special software and sell it. The program may be malicious ie a malware, a crypter or even a comment bot that can be used to comment, like or share a post with one button. And you will become rich overnight. WormGPT was created in less than 2 months ago, but the programmer have made millions of dollars. WormGPT is an AI chatbot like ChatGPT, but there is no limit to what it can do!
Re: Why Most Of 9ja Programmers Are Broke by qtguru(m): 12:53pm On Aug 26, 2023
dauntless15:
hello I didn't hear from you again, my niche is UI uX design with Shopify virtual assistant

Do you have a portfolio for Shopify Virtual assistant ?
Re: Why Most Of 9ja Programmers Are Broke by dauntless15(m): 2:29pm On Aug 26, 2023
o123456789:
To be a successful programmer you must first build a special software and sell it. The program may be malicious ie a malware, a crypter or even a comment bot that can be used to comment, like or share a post with one button. And you will become rich overnight. WormGPT was created in less than 2 months ago, but the programmer have made millions of dollars. WormGPT is an AI chatbot like ChatGPT, but there is no limit to what it can do!
I don't have the coding prowess to create an AI chatbot

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Most Of 9ja Programmers Are Broke by dauntless15(m): 2:31pm On Aug 26, 2023
qtguru:

I don't have because I haven't seen a NY client to work for, I'm supposed to put my work in the portfolio but no clients, pls don't think I'm unserious, is there a way I get stuff to put in my portfolio without working with someone? Do I falsify stuff? That's why I need guidance, but I have a UI and ux design portfolio I put that on my Upwork profile already.
Re: Why Most Of 9ja Programmers Are Broke by o123456789(m): 3:00pm On Aug 26, 2023
dauntless15:
I don't have the coding prowess to create an AI chatbot
Then contact me, I will mentor you for one week... Al is the new cash cow!
Re: Why Most Of 9ja Programmers Are Broke by qtguru(m): 6:29pm On Aug 26, 2023
dauntless15:
I don't have because I haven't seen a NY client to work for, I'm supposed to put my work in the portfolio but no clients, pls don't think I'm unserious, is there a way I get stuff to put in my portfolio without working with someone? Do I falsify stuff? That's why I need guidance, but I have a UI and ux design portfolio I put that on my Upwork profile already.

You can create a Shopify partner and play with a test store. Portfolio on Upworks matters, but you might also want to look outside Upwork, meaning slack, and others.
Re: Why Most Of 9ja Programmers Are Broke by DyingFetus: 6:48pm On Aug 26, 2023
dauntless15:

You can ditch upwork and design open source projects

Most open source projects design sucks

You could try that

If your work is good , people will recommend and refer you

1 Like

Re: Why Most Of 9ja Programmers Are Broke by dauntless15(m): 7:15pm On Aug 26, 2023
DyingFetus:

You can ditch upwork and design open source projects

Most open source projects design sucks

You could try that

If your work is good , people will recommend and refer you
like which ones
Re: Why Most Of 9ja Programmers Are Broke by dauntless15(m): 7:16pm On Aug 26, 2023
qtguru:

You can create a Shopify partner and play with a test store. Portfolio on Upworks matters, but you might also want to look outside Upwork, meaning slack, and others.
I will do this and get back to you.
Re: Why Most Of 9ja Programmers Are Broke by dauntless15(m): 7:16pm On Aug 26, 2023
o123456789:
Then contact me, I will mentor you for one week... Al is the new cash cow!
how can I contact u
Re: Why Most Of 9ja Programmers Are Broke by DyingFetus: 7:25pm On Aug 26, 2023
dauntless15:
like which ones

KDE

Audacity

Gimp

1 Like

Re: Why Most Of 9ja Programmers Are Broke by qtguru(m): 7:45pm On Aug 26, 2023
dauntless15:
I will do this and get back to you.

Also maybe a bit of Shopify UI/UX skills might help but we will talk more
Re: Why Most Of 9ja Programmers Are Broke by dauntless15(m): 7:57pm On Aug 26, 2023
qtguru:

Ok boss, I'll get back to you next week.
Re: Why Most Of 9ja Programmers Are Broke by dauntless15(m): 7:57pm On Aug 26, 2023
DyingFetus:

KDE

Audacity

Gimp

nice I'd do some research
Re: Why Most Of 9ja Programmers Are Broke by tosinhtml: 8:26pm On Aug 26, 2023
dauntless15:
Boss I can wait, sharing resources with me won't change my situation sir, I've spent a lot of time downloading stuff all over the internet and watching endless vids on YouTube, non of this things are practical because if it was I'd have gotten even a single client, I dedicated so much time buying courses and all, and I realized that the one thing I'm missing is a mentor, pls don't let my efforts goto waste, I'd offer to pay you but what will my money do for you that you can't already do for yourself, I'm humble and ready to learn pls help me.

Register for a physical coding school class, pay the required fee. It might take you around 6 months to 1 year to be solid programmer but it is better than all this mentors you are looking for. They will teach you the basics very well. There are many of them now, starting from ALX Africa, Stutern, Aptech etc. I myself did 2 years at NIIT when I started, I didn't go around looking for mentors.
Re: Why Most Of 9ja Programmers Are Broke by dauntless15(m): 9:32pm On Aug 26, 2023
tosinhtml:

Register for a physical coding school class, pay the required fee. It might take you around 6 months to 1 year to be solid programmer but it is better than all this mentors you are looking for. They will teach you the basics very well. There are many of them now, starting from ALX Africa, Stutern, Aptech etc. I myself did 2 years at NIIT when I started, I didn't go around looking for mentors.
Where's the money to register at stutern
Re: Why Most Of 9ja Programmers Are Broke by tosinhtml: 12:21pm On Aug 27, 2023
dauntless15:
Where's the money to register at stutern

ALX is free, and faster. So do that one.
Re: Why Most Of 9ja Programmers Are Broke by dauntless15(m): 12:22pm On Aug 27, 2023
tosinhtml:

ALX is free, and faster. So do that one.
ok
Re: Why Most Of 9ja Programmers Are Broke by Sheriman(m): 8:58am On Aug 28, 2023
Who told you they are broke??
Re: Why Most Of 9ja Programmers Are Broke by dauntless15(m): 10:42am On Aug 28, 2023
qtguru:

Good day sir, you mentioned you'd share resources with me, I'd still need them if it's available, especially a cover letter sample, thanks.
Re: Why Most Of 9ja Programmers Are Broke by o123456789(m): 10:54am On Aug 28, 2023
dauntless15:
how can I contact u
WhatsApp: +2348127370217 or ayanbe1992@gmail.com -
Ayanbe Francis Uzezi.
Re: Why Most Of 9ja Programmers Are Broke by LikeAking: 4:16pm On Aug 28, 2023
qtguru:

Junior Devs too, it's about maximizing your values. Most junior dev don't do real world projects, they do bootcamp work.

So if them do real life jobs, dem go give them jobs?
Re: Why Most Of 9ja Programmers Are Broke by LikeAking: 4:17pm On Aug 28, 2023
dokibo:

Don't be decieved, most of them are only IT trainers cos they are broke. None of their products are in the commercial market fetching them money on a daily basis.

I talked about this some times ago.
Re: Why Most Of 9ja Programmers Are Broke by airsaylongcome: 4:58pm On Aug 28, 2023
dokibo:

Don't be decieved, most of them are only IT trainers cos they are broke. None of their products are in the commercial market fetching them money on a daily basis.

Being knowledgeable in IT does not necessarily translate to being good in business. Commercial success for a software product goes way beyond being able to architect a solution. If you criticise them for not being business savvy, that's okay. But not that they aren't sufficiently skilled in IT.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Most Of 9ja Programmers Are Broke by qtguru(m): 5:13pm On Aug 28, 2023
LikeAking:

So if them do real life jobs, dem go give them jobs?

Yes
Re: Why Most Of 9ja Programmers Are Broke by LikeAking: 12:36am On Aug 29, 2023
qtguru:

Yes

Do you know any company employing by quality projects?

1 Like

Re: Why Most Of 9ja Programmers Are Broke by robinhood171200: 3:16pm On Aug 30, 2023
qtguru:

hi qtguru, for a fullstack developer (react + node) that's considerin picking up a niche, which will you recommend? chrome extension developments or shopify app development? i need to be sure before i go all out with my time and resources. awaiting your response abeg.
Re: Why Most Of 9ja Programmers Are Broke by Maxxim: 3:36pm On Aug 30, 2023
dokibo:
I'v never seen a rich programmer in Nigeria. Apart from hearsay...

How many have u met?
Is this playing?😂
Seems you never jam one before, one thing is that most of em don't know how to show off their social lifestyle.
I have one Egbon in my street that wears only two pairs of jeans, those blue white ones 😁 but comparing it with how he spends omoh I dey always pray he meets us where we dey flex, he doesn't disappoints.
Me wey dey learn sef wey dey house within two weeks doesn't even think about overgrown beards

1 Like

Re: Why Most Of 9ja Programmers Are Broke by qtguru(m): 4:32pm On Aug 30, 2023
robinhood171200:

hi qtguru, for a fullstack developer (react + node) that's considerin picking up a niche, which will you recommend? chrome extension developments or shopify app development? i need to be sure before i go all out with my time and resources. awaiting your response abeg.

Chrome extension is quicker to learn and have a portfolio, Shopify is profitable but requires a team as its alot of work
Re: Why Most Of 9ja Programmers Are Broke by robinhood171200: 8:30pm On Aug 30, 2023
qtguru:

Chrome extension is quicker to learn and have a portfolio, Shopify is profitable but requires a team as its alot of work
hmm chrome extensions it is, atleast for now. thanks. any materials or resources you would recommend that could make my learning smoother?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Demand For Data Science Course In India / An Escrow Like System / Wire Wire: A West African Cyber Threat - DELL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.