Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,103 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

Sky Documentary On Victims Of UK COS Scam - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Sky Documentary On Victims Of UK COS Scam (1283 Views)

My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk / Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash / Iran Plane Crash: The victims Of Ukraine Flight By Nationality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sky Documentary On Victims Of UK COS Scam by ednut1(m): 1:38am On Aug 25, 2023
After paying 10k pounds for COS care work. There were no jobs for them in the UK. Who do we blame here Agent or applicant

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CwVEWCDIvtw/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
Re: Sky Documentary On Victims Of UK COS Scam by Treadway: 8:09am On Aug 25, 2023
ednut1:
After paying 10k pounds for COS care work. There was no jobs for them in the UK. Who do we blame here Agent or applicant

as we type, someone here on Nairaland is paying or in the process of paying even more than that £10k, cos pound is 1100 and also cos of his/her children's future.

So with all this info which isn't so new, would you blame the next victim(s) or the agents or the govts?..

Awon my case is different crew.

1 Like

Re: Sky Documentary On Victims Of UK COS Scam by ednut1(m): 8:16am On Aug 25, 2023
Treadway:
as we type, someone here on Nairaland is paying or in the process of paying even more than that £10k, cos pound is 1100 and also cos of his/her children's future.

So with all this info which isn't so new, would you blame the next victim(s) or the agents or the govts?..

Awon my case is different crew.
see another one of them here. This one is surely going to jail and getting deported after

https://techbuild.africa/uk-monsurat-awodein-certificates-of-sponsorship/

Re: Sky Documentary On Victims Of UK COS Scam by Treadway: 9:43am On Aug 25, 2023
ednut1:
see another one of them here. This one is surely going to jail and getting deported after

that one sure die🤣😁

Imagine o. Just about a year in the country as a student. Her bro/sis sef fit dey among my pipo for Nairaland wey dey use am as case study of how you can build seven houses within a year moving to UK. Hijab no remove crime for this one body. Shioor
Re: Sky Documentary On Victims Of UK COS Scam by 1Sharon(f): 10:41am On Aug 25, 2023
There is no way there are no care jobs. They just didn't want to those jobs.

1 Like

Re: Sky Documentary On Victims Of UK COS Scam by Treadway: 11:13am On Aug 25, 2023
1Sharon:
There is no way there are no care jobs. They just didn't want to those jobs.
lol. I know you well for these Nairaland streets na haba. Did you watch the video, and the accounts of those people, especially the one that they said sleeps in buses. You mean to tell me that person would rather be homeless than take up a shift in a care home? Haven't you been reading cases of people in the living in UK thread about the same thing? You forgot the guy that shared his experience too that sparked a debate on that thread, the guy who said he came with three months worth of money to get by but no shifts and he had almost finished hemorrhaging the funds, and some said he didn't plan well enough while others rightly said three months worth of living expenses coming on a work visa was good enough planning. You don't remember that guy? Are they all lying?

1 Like

Re: Sky Documentary On Victims Of UK COS Scam by AgentGoat: 9:54pm On Aug 25, 2023
Treadway:
lol. I know you well for these Nairaland streets na haba. Did you watch the video, and the accounts of those people, especially the one that they said sleeps in buses. You mean to tell me that person would rather be homeless than take up a shift in a care home? Haven't you been reading cases of people in the living in UK thread about the same thing? You forgot the guy that shared his experience too that sparked a debate on that thread, the guy who said he came with three months worth of money to get by but no shifts and he had almost finished hemorrhaging the funds, and some said he didn't plan well enough while others rightly said three months worth of living expenses coming on a work visa was good enough planning. You don't remember that guy? Are they all lying?

Share the links of the thread abeg
Re: Sky Documentary On Victims Of UK COS Scam by Greymann: 8:40am On Sep 02, 2023
ednut1:

I know her and she was a victim. If you read the news well you will know it’s just a news about defamation. Her number was posted and all. The blogs who posted the news didn’t reach out to her. The case is still at the police station in Nigeria and investigation is ongoing. She also applied using the cos and was told it was genuine. Some of you just post things just because you want to trend. Techbuild is a very useless website. Later we will say the government is bad. Up till today no notable or big media has posted the news, just the small small silly blogs smh
Re: Sky Documentary On Victims Of UK COS Scam by Greymann: 8:45am On Sep 02, 2023
Treadway:
that one sure die🤣😁

Imagine o. Just about a year in the country as a student. Her bro/sis sef fit dey among my pipo for Nairaland wey dey use am as case study of how you can build seven houses within a year moving to UK. Hijab no remove crime for this one body. Shioor
It’s fake news. Una don tay for nairaland tell me where a news like this is published and the persons number will be posted. Can’t you guys see it’s a case of defamation. She was a victim and was also scammed.
Re: Sky Documentary On Victims Of UK COS Scam by Treadway: 9:20am On Sep 02, 2023
Greymann:

It’s fake news. Una don tay for nairaland tell me where a news like this is published and the persons number will be posted. Can’t you guys see it’s a case of defamation. She was a victim and was also scammed.
oh really! Was a victim of Job COS scam as a 'student already in the UK for a little less than a year' abi. Who she be in the grand scheme of things that the team that carried out the investigation would wanna defame her? So all the investigation was rubbish ba? Is she in Nigeria as you said or presently in the UK where she got a student visa to study at University of Dundee, which is it? Are you her or related to her, cos this your defense watery gan, you haven't provided any proof to rebuff the news article rumor as you put it.

Re: Sky Documentary On Victims Of UK COS Scam by Treadway: 9:48am On Sep 02, 2023
Greymann:

I know her and she was a victim. If you read the news well you will know it’s just a news about defamation. Her number was posted and all. The blogs who posted the news didn’t reach out to her. The case is still at the police station in Nigeria and investigation is ongoing. She also applied using the cos and was told it was genuine. Some of you just post things just because you want to trend. Techbuild is a very useless website. Later we will say the government is bad. Up till today no notable or big media has posted the news, just the small small silly blogs smh
just one question..are you saying she is in Nigeria now and that she did not already have student visa (CAS) from Dundee in the UK. Wetin concern person wey get CAS and two year post study with COS sotey she become COS scam victim. Na that part I no understand.

Modified: I have checked your past posts and you clearly are the person in question. Now just come clean and tell the truth as it is is. How did you come to be involved in all this totally avoidable mess when you were already in on a student visa with another two year post study to use. How the hell did this happen, cos I can't wrap my head around it. How would you be collecting money from several people and still say you are not involved? That you aren't the one who ran away with money doesn't mean you are not involved. You weren't collecting all that money for fun or just to help.

Na wa oo. So much dabaru in such a short time.

1 Like

Re: Sky Documentary On Victims Of UK COS Scam by ednut1(m): 11:28am On Sep 02, 2023
Greymann:

https://www.nairaland.com/7753892/pls-lawyers-house-please-me
Monsurat is that you
Re: Sky Documentary On Victims Of UK COS Scam by Mindlog: 2:16pm On Sep 02, 2023
ednut1:

https://www.nairaland.com/7753892/pls-lawyers-house-please-me
Monsurat is that you

She is the one!

Someone approached me April last year when this COS stuff had not even gone commercial, that since I have a network of those who are mental health professionals, that they can be issued COS when they pay £6,750 and I will get a commission of £1,000 for each person. I know I could easily get people because I was already working in the UK as a sponsored mental health professional but I declined as I didn't want anything to ruin my chances of getting the British Passport in few years time because of links to immigration frauds.
Re: Sky Documentary On Victims Of UK COS Scam by ednut1(m): 3:36pm On Sep 02, 2023
Mindlog:

She is the one!

Someone approached me April last year when this COS stuff had not even gone commercial, that since I have a network of those who are mental health professionals, that they can be issued COS when they pay £6,750 and I will get a commission of £1,000 for each person. I know I could easily get people because I was already working in the UK as a sponsored mental health professional but I declined as I didn't want anything to ruin my chances of getting the British Passport in few years time because of links to immigration frauds.
imagine greed. People have told me to be charging for immigration tips. I was nawa o. For same information i got free online
Re: Sky Documentary On Victims Of UK COS Scam by megastu(m): 12:12am On Sep 03, 2023
Na their way. Many Nigerians are so greedy, location irrespective.

I have a feeling that it is the poverty many of these people encountered while growing up that is making them so greedy.
Treadway:
just one question..are you saying she is in Nigeria now and that she did not already have student visa (CAS) from Dundee in the UK. Wetin concern person wey get CAS and two year post study with COS sotey she become COS scam victim. Na that part I no understand.

Modified: I have checked your past posts and you clearly are the person in question. Now just come clean and tell the truth as it is is. How did you come to be involved in all this totally avoidable mess when you were already in on a student visa with another two year post study to use. How the hell did this happen, cos I can't wrap my head around it. How would you be collecting money from several people and still say you are not involved? That you aren't the one who ran away with money doesn't mean you are not involved. You weren't collecting all that money for fun or just to help.

Na wa oo. So much dabaru in such a short time.
Re: Sky Documentary On Victims Of UK COS Scam by Yashita: 2:44pm On Dec 18, 2023
ednut1:
After paying 10k pounds for COS care work. There were no jobs for them in the UK. Who do we blame here Agent or applicant

Hi Ednut,

I wanted to ask this question privately that’s why I’m quoting you on an old topic.

Please, what do you advice someone that wants to come to CA on a visiting visa, get an unskilled labour job to get a work permit, then apply for PR shortly after obtaining the work permit.

The person intends to also start a side hustle business alongside doing the job.
Re: Sky Documentary On Victims Of UK COS Scam by ednut1(m): 2:58pm On Dec 18, 2023
Yashita:

Hi Ednut,

I wanted to ask this question privately that’s why I’m quoting you on an old topic.

Please, what do you advice someone that wants to come to CA on a visiting visa, get an unskilled labour job to get a work permit, then apply for PR shortly after obtaining the work permit.

The person intends to also start a side hustle business alongside doing the job.
you cannot get a job easily on visit visa. There are plenty students/ pr holder on ground after same job, some unscrupulous agents are selling work permit for 20k dollars( can you afford that), getting a work permit does not mean you qualify for PR, if you don’t qualify for PR right now( via express entry) you wont magically qualify because you got work permit by miracle. To avoid being stranded this is not a wise move.

These are students who have legal papers to work finding it hard to get jobs, why will you on visit visa that will cost an employer time and money to process now get it
https://www.nairaland.com/4933819/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant/693#127477861

Abike dabiri visited Canada recently many who came with visit visa are stranded in asylum shelters. The shelters are even full right now
https://dailytrust.com/dont-migrate-to-canada-without-proper-documentation-fg-warns-nigerians/
Re: Sky Documentary On Victims Of UK COS Scam by Yashita: 3:11pm On Dec 18, 2023
ednut1:
you cannot get a job easily on visit visa. There are plenty students/ pr holder on ground after same job, some unscrupulous agents are selling work permit for 20k dollars( can you afford that), getting a work permit does not mean you qualify for PR, if you don’t qualify for PR right now( via express entry) you wont magically qualify because you got work permit by miracle. To avoid being stranded this is not a wise move.

These are students who have legal papers to work finding it hard to get jobs, why will you on visit visa that will cost an employer time and money to process now get it
https://www.nairaland.com/4933819/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant/693#127477861

Abike dabiri visited Canada recently many who came with visit visa are stranded in asylum shelters. The shelters are even full right now
https://dailytrust.com/dont-migrate-to-canada-without-proper-documentation-fg-warns-nigerians/
🤦🏾‍♀️ the person has applied already.

What if the person wants to set up a business that would also benefit Canadian citizens. Can the government allow, or how does it work?
Re: Sky Documentary On Victims Of UK COS Scam by ednut1(m): 3:18pm On Dec 18, 2023
Yashita:

🤦🏾‍♀️ the person has applied already.

What if the person wants to set up a business that would also benefit Canadian citizens. Can the government allow, or how does it work?
you cannot set up a business on visit visa. Investors visa usually requires investments of about 100k Canadian dollars and net worth of about 500k dollars. Does this person have 90m naira🤣

I just checked for manitoba the investments have increased. In Ontario its above 200k cad now

(1) (Reply)

How Can One Make It Abroad And What Is The Probability That You Would Make If Y / International Passport And A Driving License Urgently Needed / Bermuda Triangle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.