Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,608 members, 7,823,647 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Superstitions And The Christian Faith (mary Slessor In View) [video] - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Superstitions And The Christian Faith (mary Slessor In View) [video] (166 Views)

There Is No Heaven & Hell - Pastor Abosom As He Abandons His Christian Faith / Historicity Of The Bible And Justification Of Christian Faith / The Significance Of Ash Wednesday in the Christian faith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Superstitions And The Christian Faith (mary Slessor In View) [video] by redeff06: 9:01am On Aug 25, 2023
Superstitions are irrational belief systems generated by men out of ignorance. Most Superstitions have later been proven to be irrelevant. For example, the belief that "human sacrifices would have to be made during solar eclipse in order to appease the quarrelling gods, practiced by the Aztecs". But science has helped us to understand what eclipses are and those Superstitions are no longer relevant.

Also, one of the mission of our Lord Jesus Christ is to abolish the superstitious laws of the Pharisees, for example "Healing on the Sabbath day". In the Bible, Jesus was accused of healing on the Sabbath day. Matthew 12:10 "And a man was there whose hand was withered. And they questioned Jesus, asking, “Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath?”—so that they might accuse Him." Jesus responded in the next verse, Matthew 12:11 "And He said to them, “What man is there among you who has a sheep, and if it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will he not take hold of it and lift it out?"

So, we can see clearly how Jesus was able to prove the irrelevance of Superstitious beliefs

To cut the whole story short, I have prepared a short video documentary on this topic to enlighten and educate us on this topic. Please do watch the video, like it, and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Here is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2Iz8u_GXCo&t=17s
Re: Superstitions And The Christian Faith (mary Slessor In View) [video] by Dtruthspeaker: 9:10am On Aug 25, 2023
redeff06:
Superstitions are irrational belief systems generated by men out of ignorance....s

Objection!
Most Superstitions are rational and their rationality is based on the natural.experiences the community had.

Thus you should ask for story of my community and you would appreciate their rationality.
Re: Superstitions And The Christian Faith (mary Slessor In View) [video] by redeff06: 4:29pm On Aug 25, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Objection!
Most Superstitions are rational and their rationality is based on the natural.experiences the community had.

Thus you should ask for story of my community and you would appreciate their rationality.

Can you give a brief story from your side... I would appreciate that.

(1) (Reply)

Scriptural Meaning Of The Word FAITH / Frightening Friday ~ 8th September, 2023 / The Lord's Yoke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.