Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,947 members, 7,828,325 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Nigerians Spend Over Half Of Their Earnings On Food, Worst Globally – Picodi - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Spend Over Half Of Their Earnings On Food, Worst Globally – Picodi (15947 Views)

Pension: Delta, Edo Spend Over ₦842 Million On Two Convicted Ex-Governors / Meet Tom Tugendhat Who Accused Gowon Of Looting Half Of Central Bank Of Nigeria / UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Spend Over Half Of Their Earnings On Food, Worst Globally – Picodi by HellAnus: 9:16pm On Aug 25, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Hellu Pee scavengers, I present you some leftovers.
You're permitted to eat the cobs (şuku) too.
😁

Seun Mynd44 Dominique justwise nlfpmod oam4j nlfpmod oam4j
Rule 1. Always derailing threads
Re: Nigerians Spend Over Half Of Their Earnings On Food, Worst Globally – Picodi by themanderon: 10:25pm On Aug 25, 2023
The solution is to share two cups of rice to every household in Nigeria after taking away their source of livelihood. Nigerians leaders are wicked.
Re: Nigerians Spend Over Half Of Their Earnings On Food, Worst Globally – Picodi by Litmus: 11:08pm On Aug 25, 2023
descarado:

Thank you. All we know is food food food.
We even rate you by the kind of food you prepare. Go to food section. Prepare the so called common man food, people will insult you tire.
Another important thing I have been saying is we don't know how to convert what we have to what we wil use in the future.
Eg, we have mango, people cook with mango. There is mango jam.
All over the world, banana stem is an edible except in Nigeria. What about bamboo shoot from bambo tree?
Why can't we grow mushroom and use as substitute to animal protein.

I posted on food section how palm oil was made and used to do so many delicacies you will be wondering is it our palm oil.
We waste food as we waste other things a lot.
We have cassava,nobody have thought of making cassava noodle. Noodle aside rice is the most consumed food in this world. Families can make cassava noodles. How about coconut. Avocado.
You can never see Avocado oil from Nigeria yet these fruits waste everyday in some parts of Nigeria.
We deserve all that comes our way. Here, the rich plant somethings in their backyard but its an abomination to see a middle-class naija plant something in his empty farm cos farming is for the poor.
Oranges waste in naija. Orange marmalade is popular. Wetin do our hands.

This is what you get with very low iq people.
Even common rice has ricecake, rice noodles and rice wine. And more people are experimenting and combining to see what more they can get out of rice . Nigerians are very lazy.
sausage is a multi billion dollar business. We only cook and eat meat. Do suya and that's all.
Mtcheeew

Breadfruit trees all over the place, Nigerians I queried didn't know thire fruits are edible.
Re: Nigerians Spend Over Half Of Their Earnings On Food, Worst Globally – Picodi by Knetpro(m): 12:57am On Aug 26, 2023
This is sad.

So so sad.
Re: Nigerians Spend Over Half Of Their Earnings On Food, Worst Globally – Picodi by ayokashry1(m): 1:56am On Aug 26, 2023
Righthussle:
Nigerians spend almost all their earnings on food and their lazy gods.

Sir, can yo do me a favor by rephrasing this comment.
Re: Nigerians Spend Over Half Of Their Earnings On Food, Worst Globally – Picodi by fineboynl(m): 4:33am On Aug 26, 2023
Bullman:
As broke as The Gambia is
A bag of rice 25kg is 800 dalasi slightly above 10k in naira.
50kg is about 1800 dalasi about 19k in naira.
Full carton of chicken is 900 dalasi , about 10k in naira.
Food is cheap,
None of these items mentioned are produced in the Gambia, and it is still very very affordable..
In the Gambia there are no Dams to generate electricity, the government make use of generators , tho electricity is expensive but it is available 24/7.
For those of you always shouting that Nigeria is way better than most African countries u need to wake up and smell the coffee. Nigeria is really fuckdd mehn
like how much is rent?
Re: Nigerians Spend Over Half Of Their Earnings On Food, Worst Globally – Picodi by NACE13: 8:07am On Aug 26, 2023
I was saving 38% of my take home before May 29th. With the increase in the cost of transport and feeding, I had no choice but to bring it down to to 20%
Now, I have to start up a 3rd side-hustle to take it back up there. embarassed
Re: Nigerians Spend Over Half Of Their Earnings On Food, Worst Globally – Picodi by Salowise: 8:40am On Aug 26, 2023
Chummynoni:
obviously, the spelling is different with different meaning. Nigeriens are citizens of Niger , while Nigerians are citizen of Nigeria

I know but i get confuse sometimes
Re: Nigerians Spend Over Half Of Their Earnings On Food, Worst Globally – Picodi by Bullman(m): 9:41am On Aug 26, 2023
fineboynl:
like how much is rent?

It all depends on the area , decent room n parlor in a low budget area is about 20k in naira monthky.
Close to city center you pay bout 40k in naira monthly.
Rent are paid 3 months upfront , some landlords will ask for six months, some want it paid monthly .
It all depends.
Re: Nigerians Spend Over Half Of Their Earnings On Food, Worst Globally – Picodi by Exceed15: 10:06am On Aug 26, 2023
MEEVEET:
NBS would soon use a new method to arrive at the fact we use 5% of our income on food

Lol

I gave up on NBS when their method of determination of poverty was asking people if they where poor or not..

Don't mind NBS. They are olodo. Worst of it they don't value their Enumerators on the field . They treat them like trash. They sit on their monies for several months. Wicked ppl
Re: Nigerians Spend Over Half Of Their Earnings On Food, Worst Globally – Picodi by Bukola94: 12:47pm On Aug 26, 2023
fineboynl:
.. these northerners never complain when buhari was busy destroying the country. They should just keep quiet and let only the southerners talk for now.
hypocrites everywhere, if Buhari,Tinubu or Obi were busy destroying the country, na the average & poor masses go suffer it pass
Re: Nigerians Spend Over Half Of Their Earnings On Food, Worst Globally – Picodi by Bigmo22(m): 1:44pm On Aug 26, 2023
hi every one i greet unna, please i really need help and few suggesting from people in the house. as Nigeria don dey like this na to jakpa na remain. abeg i want person to tell me about Gambia, na the country wey dey my mind be that, which legit job person fit do for there?
Re: Nigerians Spend Over Half Of Their Earnings On Food, Worst Globally – Picodi by vicath(f): 2:40pm On Sep 05, 2023
Bigmo22:
hi every one i greet unna, please i really need help and few suggesting from people in the house. as Nigeria don dey like this na to jakpa na remain. abeg i want person to tell me about Gambia, na the country wey dey my mind be that, which legit job person fit do for there?

Hey you tried to reach me. I already sent you a mail
Re: Nigerians Spend Over Half Of Their Earnings On Food, Worst Globally – Picodi by jonadaft: 2:05pm On Nov 23, 2023
easzypeaszy:
OLORIBURUKU wetin concern me wt ur Papa?
Abi una life scatter fr una presence ni
First word described yamama
Re: Nigerians Spend Over Half Of Their Earnings On Food, Worst Globally – Picodi by RepoMan007: 8:39am On Nov 25, 2023
descarado:
We waste food.
We don't know how to invent diff cuisines using what we have. We rather allow raise foodstuffs perish eg, fruits, veggies, proteins or even carb.

We are primarily a consumer nation.
wastage exists but the level is still low. The main culprit is low output.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt / Farouk, Emenalo Reject Prison Food / Britain To Release Information About Nigerian Property Owners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.