Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt (15912 Views)

Troops Kill Boko Haram Fighters During Battle In Babangida; Yobe (Graphic Pic) / Pictures From The Battle In Baga Against Boko Haram / Nigerian Military Release Photos From The Battle In Konduga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by ateke2(m): 12:21pm On Aug 16, 2007
guys
ask your peers to be careful.

I can still hear gun shots and explosions from where I am.

when will all this end?
even after the military presence
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by ono(m): 1:07pm On Aug 16, 2007
This time around, this one is for real. Although a large part of Portharcourt remains calm, it has been confirmed that ''political thugs'' are flexing muscles with ''military personel'' at the Moscow Road axis of PH. There's sporadic gunshot exchange between those two, and those who love their lives should avoid the said areas.
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by spicywax(m): 1:40pm On Aug 16, 2007
hun! This 1 don pass be careful oh. I'm stuck in my office with no way to go home. Prevention is better than cure.

What is the government really doing about this thing sef? Imagine militray people blocking Azikwe Road (from Allied Home Appliances) so nobody can get close to government house. What happens to the peeps of Rivers State?
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by dramanelly: 1:44pm On Aug 16, 2007
Please I suggest everyone should call whoever they know and tell them to be carefull. Its an awfull shame that things have deteriorated to that level. We, as Nigerians, should be very ashamed of ourselves. This is the image the outside world sees of us, and yet we are shocked when they think of us as animals. embarassed
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by zigbo(f): 1:50pm On Aug 16, 2007
gosh i ve been praying for my peeps down there, this is pure madness.
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by kamuzu(m): 1:55pm On Aug 16, 2007
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE PBANKS IN ph ARE WORKING WITH THE SITUATION?
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by marjson(m): 1:59pm On Aug 16, 2007
may god guard and protect the innocents souls,
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by GeminiII(m): 2:02pm On Aug 16, 2007
@ dramanelly,
this things do happen even in advance countries and the militants are just taking advantage of the FG's gently approach to the situation, i believe if the govt give the go ahead the military would wipe them out in les than 3 days. ask the pple in odi or zaki biam they will tell you.
for those in the crisis area i think the best thing you guyz can do if u want ur normal lives back is to provide the authorities with info on militant movements and activities they would know what to do about it. you shd know that they are not magicians and need info frm the public to act. thats were advanced countries differ frm naija they support their security forces unlike the average nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by onyx79(m): 2:10pm On Aug 16, 2007
it is really a sad situation. I was watching the news the other day and a middle-aged man described port harcourt as fast becoming the "BAGHDAD OF NIGERIA[/b]". I think its quite an apt descriptiion which must not be allowed to stick.
Sometilmes i wonder why we cannot organise ourselves, lots of unanswered questions, Well, i hope and pray that peace returns to the area real quick.
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by godslead(f): 2:19pm On Aug 16, 2007
hmm dis is very serious o, my sis just called mi 2 tell me about it.
So even wit the soilders dey deployed the shoting still contiued. sad
Anyway God dey! smiley
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by spicywax(m): 2:22pm On Aug 16, 2007
@Kamuzu

U an go bank? Man, safety first oh. As far as I know the Banks from Azikwe Road all all shut with heavy padlocks and keys, on Aba Road (Ecobank precisely) is slighly open with thier EYES WIDE OPEN, but my advise na say stay 4 inside jouse (or wherever u dey). Prevention is better than cure,
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by Mariory(m): 2:23pm On Aug 16, 2007
http://www.businessdayonline.com/?c=44&a=15456

Relative calm returned to Port Harcourt city on Monday after the weekend bloodbath that claimed the lives of more that 30 people. However, insider accounts about the mayhem suggest that it may have been a case of the government of Rivers state shooting itself on the leg.
Chibisi Ohakah & Ameachi Okonkwo
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by kamuzu(m): 2:44pm On Aug 16, 2007
THANX BUT I DO NOT INTEND TO GO TO THE BANK. I TRANSFERED SOME FUNDS TO SOMEONE TO PICK UP I PH AND AM CONCERNED ABT WHAT I NEED TO GET DONE. HOWEVER, I AM NOW BETTER INFORMED ABOUT THE SITUATION IN PH AND HAVE MADE ALTERNATIVE ARRANGEMENTS.

PEACE! smiley
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by fesse(f): 2:45pm On Aug 16, 2007
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE PBANKS IN ph ARE WORKING WITH THE SITUATION?

i read from the dailies that some banks at Aba Road have closed for business and some of the oil companies are using military men instead of police to ensure strong security.

I wonder when this melharm will end in port harcourt.
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by nawa1(m): 3:13pm On Aug 16, 2007
from the report i got, 4 military personnel has been shot and confirmed death just a moment ago.
i also gathered that the guns the security agencies are using is no match for what the tugs came out with today. may God be with us.
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by godslead(f): 3:21pm On Aug 16, 2007
@nawa abeg where cos am suppose 2 b going back 2 amadi ama later 2day?waiting 4 ur reply.
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by crazyp(f): 3:24pm On Aug 16, 2007
i'm sick of the whole thing
can u image mobile polcie guys blocking
the Ikwerre Road axis just
before Rumuokwuta junction
claiming that the militants informed them of their intention
to burn down the police station there shocked

just last week, several people lost their lives
today, again, they started flexing muscles with
the mobile police since about 4am this morning

i wonder how those leaving around the town area can get home today? cry angry sad
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by crazyp(f): 3:28pm On Aug 16, 2007
@godslead

from the information i gathered, iAmadi-ama area is calm
pls dont go near the town area for any reason

well, depends on where u're coming from
wish u luck!!!
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by DorisAnn: 3:34pm On Aug 16, 2007
When this port harcourt wahala go end.
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by godslead(f): 3:37pm On Aug 16, 2007
@crazyp thank u so much.right now am @GRA phase3.Will b going tru garrison.
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by blackky187(m): 3:45pm On Aug 16, 2007
@godslead i stay at amadi ama too and its relatively calm for now.But advised you go back home b4 dark
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by godslead(f): 3:50pm On Aug 16, 2007
@blackky thanks i wudnt
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by blackky187(m): 3:55pm On Aug 16, 2007
@godslead wink you're welcome
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by crazyp(f): 4:08pm On Aug 16, 2007
@godslead

u're welcome!!! smiley
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by crazyp(f): 4:12pm On Aug 16, 2007
@ Ateke

this ur name na wa ooo, shocked shocked
i no talk anything sha oo grin wink
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by comechop(m): 4:16pm On Aug 16, 2007
Only God can deliver us from this menace. Men I remember when i was a kid in ph, that place was nice, quiet no trouble. Then these yeye dey gbam dey well cult boys started their trouble in Diobu and Town areas, now it has spread. May God protect my peeps all over abeg. And pray that this menace stops. All these thugs, make they carry their wahala go another place for their head.
And if you are a thug/wahala boy reading this, your own is coming soon.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by divanaija1: 4:17pm On Aug 16, 2007
So glad i left Ph before all this mayham started.Used to live around uzuboko junction,along Abuloma road.And even then,communal clashed especially that of Abuloma and Ukuru community would not allow one peace of mind not to talk of when Amadi-Ama decide to starts their own.Now the d mayham is from another dimension.When wil all this end??

For every innocent life in the troubled zones,I pray the lord their souls to protect.

WE SUD BE OUR BROTHERS KEEPERS NOT KILLERS.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by obyann(f): 4:25pm On Aug 16, 2007
God help us!
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by Bolarge(m): 4:27pm On Aug 16, 2007
Amen my sister. Amen. cry cry
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by desgiezd(m): 4:29pm On Aug 16, 2007
What really is happening? Now that some solders have been killed, it may get bloodier because the solders may want to retaliate. I still wonder about the source of the boldness of the thugs/militants.
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by edeone(m): 4:57pm On Aug 16, 2007
the annoying part is that the people behind it are sumwere chilling while innocent people die.
we jst pray for God Marcy in all
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by Elgaxton(m): 5:14pm On Aug 16, 2007
abeg wetin cause all this wahala sef?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Hezbollah Weapons Warehouse Belongs To Sierra-Leonean – Lebanese Consul / CAN Prescribes Psychiatric Test For El-rufai Over Anti-Christ Tweets / FG Bars States From Bank Loans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.