Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,089 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

TVC News Anchor Mike Okwoche Quits After 11 Years - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / TVC News Anchor Mike Okwoche Quits After 11 Years (2442 Views)

Sexy SA News Anchor Breaking The Internet / Davido Shows Off His 6 Packs Progression After 11 Days At The Gym / Desmond Elliot Recreates Throwback Picture After 11 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

TVC News Anchor Mike Okwoche Quits After 11 Years by dipoolowoo: 5:13pm On Aug 25, 2023
By Dipo Olowookere

One of the news anchors of a local broadcasting company, TVC, Mr Mike Okwoche, has exited the organisation after 11 years.

The broadcaster announced his resignation from the Lagos-based firm last week, though he did not disclose his future direction.

Also, the television platform announced the departure of his top employee, who has won several awards, from the company.

“On TVC Breakfast today, TVC News award-winning Senior anchor, Mike Okwoche, officially announces his departure from TVC after 11 years of stewardship,” the broadcast station stated.

Mr Okwoche, during last Friday’s TVC Breakfast Today, said, “I must say this is going to be my last day on TVC after 11 years. I must thank TVC for giving me these 11 years of opportunity on air. Today, being the last day on air at TVC, is really amazing.”

He later announced his exit from the organisation in a post on X, saying, “After 11 years, it was time to bow out from TVC. I can’t describe the outpouring of love for me at my exit; one send forth after the other. This is a family! I will miss my colleagues, but you know, the journey continues.”

Mr Okwoche, apart from being a broadcast journalist, also lectures at the prestigious Nigeria Institute of Journalism (NIJ), Ogba, Lagos. His wife, Mrs Emem Ime Okwoche, is also a pen pusher and the producer of the award-winning Your View on TVC. Mr Okwoche is the latest top employee to leave TVC.

The station has recently seen the exit of https://businesspost.ng/general/bukola-samuel-wemimo-leaves-tvc-for-channels-tv/, Ms Ngozi Alaegbu to Arise TV, Mr Ovieteme George to Arise TV, and Azeezat Olaoluwa, among others.

https://businesspost.ng/jobs/tvc-news-anchor-mike-okwoche-quits-after-11-years/

1 Like

Re: TVC News Anchor Mike Okwoche Quits After 11 Years by cybersoldiers: 5:26pm On Aug 25, 2023
He did well to leave that very toxic tribalistic hate filled TV station.

2 Likes

Re: TVC News Anchor Mike Okwoche Quits After 11 Years by nepapole(m): 5:55pm On Aug 25, 2023
All the best in your future endeavours bro

1 Like

Re: TVC News Anchor Mike Okwoche Quits After 11 Years by Samsunny99: 6:09pm On Aug 25, 2023
Irecently TVC became a tribalistic and biased TV station
I've not been watching journalist hangout again because of how questions are always centred on only Jide thanks to Ayo
I no longer respect them like before

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: TVC News Anchor Mike Okwoche Quits After 11 Years by kestolove95(m): 6:13pm On Aug 25, 2023
TVC staffs are moving to Arise Nd channels....
Re: TVC News Anchor Mike Okwoche Quits After 11 Years by ahiboilandgas: 6:17pm On Aug 25, 2023
Samsunny99:
I've not been watching journalist hangout again because of how questions are always centred on only Jide thanks to Ayo
self centre jide and mr i too know

4 Likes

Re: TVC News Anchor Mike Okwoche Quits After 11 Years by Davinity: 7:55pm On Aug 25, 2023
kestolove95:
TVC staffs are moving to Arise Nd channels....
Who even listens to their rubbish

1 Like

Re: TVC News Anchor Mike Okwoche Quits After 11 Years by Tokskob2008: 9:35pm On Aug 25, 2023
Samsunny99:

Babajide is very good no doubt but it got to a point where Ayo started making the program only about him and it began to get very boring to me.

The points and opinions of the others weren't even taken that important anymore to the extent that even if Babajide isn't available physically they still find a way to video call him wherever he is.....

2 Likes

Re: TVC News Anchor Mike Okwoche Quits After 11 Years by werisetogether(m): 12:47am On Aug 26, 2023
Thanks for sharing, dipoolowoo

Wishing him all the best in his career journey...
Re: TVC News Anchor Mike Okwoche Quits After 11 Years by 234daniel2010(m): 10:10am On Aug 26, 2023
In few days u will find him on AriseTV doing better. TVC is been controlled from Burdilon.
Re: TVC News Anchor Mike Okwoche Quits After 11 Years by Paramount01(m): 7:54pm On Sep 24, 2023
Tokskob2008:

Babajide is very good no doubt but it got to a point where Ayo started making the program only about him and it began to get very boring to me.

The points and opinions of the others weren't even taken that important anymore to the extent that even if Babajide isn't available physically they still find a way to video call him wherever he is.....

Who knwos anything again than Jide
If Jide is not there wat am I watching again
Re: TVC News Anchor Mike Okwoche Quits After 11 Years by Abdulhakeem7(m): 1:23pm On Oct 10, 2023
Tokskob2008:

To be honest, BabaJide is too much!

(1) (Reply)

Genevieve Is Not My Friend – Omotola [interview] / Comedian Bovi And Baby With Same Hair Style / See Davido Selling Ice Cream & Patoranking Selling Groundnuts In New Music Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.