Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

My Kidney And Liver Function Test Result - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Kidney And Liver Function Test Result (666 Views)

My Boss Deceived Me Into Donating My Kidney Over Empty $20m Promise — Driver / Kehinde Kamal: How ‘Dr Kekere’ Removed My Kidney / COVID-19 Affects Kidney And Blood – Akin Abayomi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Kidney And Liver Function Test Result by Amarahobu: 8:07pm On Aug 25, 2023
Doctors in the please what do you have to say about this result, I've to wait until Monday before i can show the result to the doctor. I just want to know if the result is okay to ease my mind. Kidney and liver function test results.

Did the test just for general body check up.

Re: My Kidney And Liver Function Test Result by Amarahobu: 8:17pm On Aug 25, 2023
Doctors in the house
Re: My Kidney And Liver Function Test Result by adinoyi360: 11:27pm On Aug 25, 2023
You don't have any problem. They are within the normal range.

We are currently carrying out a survey about awareness about Hepatitis. You can take a few minutes of your time fill the questionnaire.
https://forms.gle/qm4tHXrWtrMtUB8i6

Share to family and friends too
Re: My Kidney And Liver Function Test Result by Amarahobu: 5:53am On Aug 26, 2023
More answers please, Doctors in the house
Re: My Kidney And Liver Function Test Result by Amarahobu: 11:09am On Aug 26, 2023
Doctors in the house
Re: My Kidney And Liver Function Test Result by DoctorAyukebot(m): 3:16pm On Aug 26, 2023
Your inability to wait till Monday before your doctor gets to interprete your results shows you are very anxious. Whilst anxiety is a normal human response, too much of it can raise your blood Pressure and lead to insomnia and depression. In your case I would say you are anxious over too little. Your health is good, so take a chill pill and relax Bro..

Back to your exam. Blood was taken from your vein to run an Electrolyte Panel tests. Electrolytes are substances that have a natural positive or negative electrical charge when dissolved in water. They help your body regulate chemical reactions, maintain the balance between fluids inside and outside your cells, and more. They’re also a key way to diagnose a wide range of medical conditions and diseases.

A healthy body keeps a range of these electrolytes as too much of it or too little could cause diverse symptoms (Confusions, Behavioral changes, Irregular Heart beat, Chest Pains, Severe Headaches, Kidney Stones, Vomiting, Weakness, Inability to move muscled etc.) It could also diagnose a Kidney or Heart Problem etc.

Your blood was checked for Sodium, Potassium, Chloride, Bicarbonate. Your body uses Bicarbonate to keep your blood PH normal. Chloride helps cells maintain their internal and external balance of fluids and general body PH. Potassium for Heart functioning and Sodium for cell fluid balance. Your parameters show you within the normal range and so nothing to worry about.

Your blood was also checked for Urea and Creatinine. Both Urea and Creatinine are waste products that tell how well your kidneys are filtering. Urea is a waste product formed as the liver breaks down protein. Creatinine is a waste product of Creatine as the muscles break down (simply put) ..These by products in blood get filtered by the kidneys. Too much of it in the blood could mean your kidneys aren't filtering well enough. From your numbers it shows your GFR which is the rate at which the kidneys filter is perfect.

A liver function test was also performed. Alkaline Phosphatase, ALT, AST, are liver enzymes test that could get raise if the liver is damaged. Total Bilirubin a waste product of broken down old red blood cells and gives an idea of overall liver Health.

All in all Your parameters point towards a Perfect functioning Liver and Kidney..
Wishing you the best

Dr Ayukebot O Rowland
Pharmacognosist
Flavell MEDICINA

1 Like

Re: My Kidney And Liver Function Test Result by Amarahobu: 8:17pm On Aug 26, 2023
Re: My Kidney And Liver Function Test Result by Amarahobu: 6:20am On Aug 27, 2023
H
Re: My Kidney And Liver Function Test Result by captainking(m): 7:44pm On Aug 27, 2023
Amarahobu:
Doctors in the house
yyou are perfect bro..

(1) (Reply)

Protect Yourself And Family Against Viral Pandemics / Diet Advice For Men / How To Overcome Anxiety While Driving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.