Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

About Predestination - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / About Predestination (169 Views)

About Predestination / The Fallacy Which Lies In The Theory Of Predestination And Divine Election / Did Jesus Speak About Predestination Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

About Predestination by kpakpandoN(m): 7:59am On Aug 26, 2023
Before you were born, God knew you (Jeremiah 1:4-5). He not only knows your beginning, He knows your end too (Jeremiah 29:11). Some people call this destiny. Many believe that people’s fates are decided by God no matter what they do. If you pay attention to Romans 8:29-33, you will see the word, ‘Foreknow’. Your destiny is determined by His knowledge of the things you will do and the decisions you will make throughout your lifetime. In other words, your destiny is ultimately decided by you.

If God tells you your destiny now, it is based on all the knowledge He has about you. For example, God knows all that you have done in the past. In (2 Kings 5:20-27), when Gehazi collected Naaman’s gifts secretly, Elisha didn’t leave the house, but he saw everything. Gehazi lied about what he had done and became destined to be a leper and a father of lepers. What you have done in the past and what you are doing now are good pointers to your destiny.

God also knows what you are going to do tomorrow. This explains Romans 9:10-14, where the Bible says that before Esau and Jacob were born, God had already loved Jacob and hated Esau. People may say that is unfair, but God already knew in advance what would happen in Genesis 25:29-34 – that Esau would love his stomach more than his birthright.

Now you may say, “Since He knows my future, that means it is already fixed; no matter how hard I try, what will be will be”. No, that is not correct. In Daniel 2:20-21, the Bible says God changes times. He can rearrange your future. Don’t forget that He is Supreme and can do as He pleases. The fact that you are alive today reading this particular message means there is hope for you to end well. In Luke 23:39-43, a criminal on his way to hell got salvation at the Jast minute. Jesus Christ rearranged His destiny and he ended up in heaven. If you sincerely cry to God today, confess your past and present sins while determining to live holy henceforth, He can rearrange your future and make sure that you have a glorious destiny; it is all in your own hands.
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

1 Like

Re: About Predestination by bolabizzle(m): 8:41am On Aug 26, 2023
kpakpandoN:
Before you were born, God knew you (Jeremiah 1:4-5). He not only knows your beginning, He knows your end too (Jeremiah 29:11). Some people call this destiny. Many believe that people’s fates are decided by God no matter what they do. If you pay attention to Romans 8:29-33, you will see the word, ‘Foreknow’. Your destiny is determined by His knowledge of the things you will do and the decisions you will make throughout your lifetime. In other words, your destiny is ultimately decided by you.

If God tells you your destiny now, it is based on all the knowledge He has about you. For example, God knows all that you have done in the past. In (2 Kings 5:20-27), when Gehazi collected Naaman’s gifts secretly, Elisha didn’t leave the house, but he saw everything. Gehazi lied about what he had done and became destined to be a leper and a father of lepers. What you have done in the past and what you are doing now are good pointers to your destiny.

God also knows what you are going to do tomorrow. This explains Romans 9:10-14, where the Bible says that before Esau and Jacob were born, God had already loved Jacob and hated Esau. People may say that is unfair, but God already knew in advance what would happen in Genesis 25:29-34 – that Esau would love his stomach more than his birthright.

Now you may say, “Since He knows my future, that means it is already fixed; no matter how hard I try, what will be will be”. No, that is not correct. In Daniel 2:20-21, the Bible says God changes times. He can rearrange your future. Don’t forget that He is Supreme and can do as He pleases. The fact that you are alive today reading this particular message means there is hope for you to end well. In Luke 23:39-43, a criminal on his way to hell got salvation at the Jast minute. Jesus Christ rearranged His destiny and he ended up in heaven. If you sincerely cry to God today, confess your past and present sins while determining to live holy henceforth, He can rearrange your future and make sure that you have a glorious destiny; it is all in your own hands.
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

That means when God created satan as an angel, he knew satan would rebel against him.

He knew eve would eat from the tree of knowledge of good and bad and give some of that delicious fruit to adam, thereby creating great pain and sorrow for mankind in general.

He knew all of this but he let it happen anyway because he is God and he does whatever he wants, Right?

Wow! God is indeed a loving and caring God.
Re: About Predestination by cornelboy(f): 9:03am On Aug 26, 2023
bolabizzle:

That means when God created satan as an angel, he knew satan would rebel against him.

He knew eve would eat from the tree of knowledge of good and bad and give some of that delicious fruit to adam, thereby creating great pain and sorrow for mankind in general.

He knew all of this but he let it happen anyway because he is God and he does whatever he wants, Right?

Hmmm
Re: About Predestination by Dtruthspeaker: 9:13am On Aug 26, 2023
bolabizzle:

And that is why he is wrong.

He does not appreciate that there is difference between God Knows and can know.

Meaning, there are many times that God does not look forward into the future and He waits to either be pleasantly surprised (like what Abraham did in complying with His Commands even when the command was adverse to him or painfully surprised like what Adam did.
Re: About Predestination by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 26, 2023
bolabizzle:

God created everything as it pleased Him. I think that's what's important.

You create a fine Ankara necklace that'll please you doesn't stop that necklace from tearing up one day — even though you didn't intend to create it to tear.

By the way, it should be noted that good always come packed with bad. No matter how good your product is, once misused, it could become bad/spoilt.
Re: About Predestination by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 26, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

There are many times that God does not look forward into the future and He waits to either be pleasantly surprised

I think it's quite impossible for God not to know the future. It's not that complicated.

Think of an arithmetic sequence or geometric sequence, a good mathematician always knows the next and the next number — till forever, without making an effort.
Re: About Predestination by Dtruthspeaker: 11:51am On Aug 26, 2023
preciousee17:

I think it's quite impossible for God not to know the future. It's not that complicated.

Think of an arithmetic sequence or geometric sequence, a good mathematician always knows the next and the next number — till forever, without making an effort.

Yes! But that is when he is paying deliberate attention to sequence to see the answer.

But when he does not, you will see him start from his last point of attention.

Meaning, he did not look forward and thus when he looks, a surprise whether good or bad awaits him.
Re: About Predestination by Nobody: 12:03pm On Aug 26, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Yes! But that is when he is paying deliberate attention to sequence to see the answer.

But when he does not, you will see him start from his last point of attention.

Meaning, he did not look forward and thus when he looks, a surprise whether good or bad awaits him.

I understand your point, but it's kinda funny.

Here is my example, practically:
2,4,6... Even if I've seen only three numbers in this sequence, I can decode a lot at first glance. For instance,
1. It will eventually have a 2558 somewhere (I don't even think one second to realize that)
2. There'll be no odd number anywhere, it will be only evens (I don't need to pay close attention to observe that).

God is more so. Only that He's more than a thousand times complex in understanding than we are. Our levels of understanding can't even explain Him.
And remember, He created us, but isn't limited to our limits.
Re: About Predestination by Dtruthspeaker: 12:23pm On Aug 26, 2023
preciousee17:

I understand your point, but it's kinda funny.

Here is my example, practically:
2,4,6... Even if I've seen only three numbers in this sequence, I can decode a lot at first glance. For instance,
1. It will eventually have a 2558 somewhere (I don't even think one second to realize that)
2. There'll be no odd number anywhere, it will be only evens (I don't need to pay close attention to observe that).

God is more so. Only that He's more than a thousand times complex in understanding than we are. Our levels of understanding can't even explain Him.
And remember, He created us, but isn't limited to our limits.

Yes and that is the simple one.

But as we have all experienced,people are complex eg you see 1+1=

The set piece answer is 2 until you meet me grin
And i said 11. grin

For a second there you were shocked and surprised unless (you have heard this answer before)

And that is why God makes it a big deal about the first. Which is why Satan, Female Adam, Cain, Lamech for being the first to have 2 wives, Enoch, ....

And the pattern is goes forth.
Re: About Predestination by Kobojunkie: 3:45pm On Aug 26, 2023
bolabizzle:
■ That means when God created satan as an angel, he knew satan would rebel against him.
■ He knew eve would eat from the tree of knowledge of good and bad and give some of that delicious fruit to adam, thereby creating great pain and sorrow for mankind in general. He knew all of this but he let it happen anyway because he is God and he does whatever he wants, Right?
■ Wow! God is indeed a loving and caring God.
1. Storyland! Satan had always been the Father of lies from His beginning... Jesus Christ told you this, meaning Satan never rebelled against God. Rather, Satan was created as is by God exactly as is for the purpose that he serves God. undecided

2. That's why God had a backup plan from even before the beginning. grin

3. Well, His Love is as defined in His contract with those who will choose Him; Only those who choose and obey Him will experience His love. All others do not. So, your loving and caring God idea... You need to explain where that comes from since that idea has no basis in Scripture. undecided
Re: About Predestination by AntiChristian: 7:42am On Aug 27, 2023
Everything was created by God whether we perceive them good or otherwise!

God knows everything thousands of years before creation!

God knows all things and nothing escapes His knowledge and everything happens according to His will!

Jesus was asked about the hour and he doesn't know it!

Even Jesus had a destiny, a path God made for him to thread!

Jesus couldn't rearrange his own destiny not to talk of another's!

(1) (Reply)

Look At Chatgp's Take On Joking About Jesus And Mohammed / Our Ancestors: Do They Have Any Role? / What Is Happening In Gaza Today Has Been Predicted In The Holy Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.