Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,926 members, 7,828,207 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Our Ancestors: Do They Have Any Role? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Our Ancestors: Do They Have Any Role? (174 Views)

80% Of Our Ancestors Got our Religion Through This ( Photo ) / Nigerians should embrace the god of their ancestors and leave christianity/islam / Our Ancestors Never Accepted The "Whiteman's" Religion. Or Did They? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Ancestors: Do They Have Any Role? by 22jumpstreet1(m): 9:57am On Oct 17, 2023
in some African societies before the coming of the colonizers, Ancestors where always carried along in any ceremony. some are even consulted when something is going wrong in the family, but when the colonizers came, they told us it was evil.
then they turn around and exalt their own. in Catholicism, holy Saturday service is not complete with out reciting the litany of the saints..like saint Denis, saint Christopher, st Perpetua, st Felicity.etc
so what do we think?

does our ancestors have any role to play ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Our Ancestors: Do They Have Any Role? by 22jumpstreet1(m): 10:12am On Oct 17, 2023
saint Ojukwu....pray for us
saint ken saro wiwa ...pray for us
saint muritala muhamed ...pray for us
saint folunsho williams...pray for us.

who is saint francis?
who is saint patrick?
who is saint albert?

what did they do for us........

1 Like

Re: Our Ancestors: Do They Have Any Role? by LikeAking: 10:34am On Oct 17, 2023
22jumpstreet1:
saint Ojukwu....pray for us
saint ken saro wiwa ...pray for us
saint muritala muhamed ...pray for us
saint folunsho williams...pray for us.

who is saint francis?
who is saint patrick?
who is saint albert?

what did they do for us........

U get sense well, well..

Same people will say our own is bad..

Although it’s mostly surpertistion.

1 Like

Re: Our Ancestors: Do They Have Any Role? by Kobojunkie: 1:33pm On Oct 17, 2023
LikeAking:
■ U get sense well, well.. Same people will say our own is bad.. Although it’s mostly surpertistion.
Forgtw what people will say.... do you have proof that the particular ancestors you have to worship will do you any good? That is, I believe, what matters to most. undecided

Can you tell us which of your particular ancestors has been good to you since you started worshipping him. Explain how you picked him for worship, how you worship him, how he communicates to you, etc. A lot of these things are not written anyone for others to know of and test for themselves. If people could test and prove these things for themselves then you would sound a lot less like a slave driver trying to enslave people in yet another scam. undecided
Re: Our Ancestors: Do They Have Any Role? by LikeAking: 3:05pm On Oct 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Forgtw what people will say.... do you have proof that the particular ancestors you have to worship will do you any good? That is, I believe, what matters to most. undecided

Can you tell us which of your particular ancestors has been good to you since you started worshipping him. Explain how you picked him for worship, how you worship him, how he communicates to you, etc. A lot of these things are not written anyone for others to know of and test for themselves. If people could test and prove these things for themselves then you would sound a lot less like a slave driver trying to enslave people in yet another scam. undecided

Rest!
Re: Our Ancestors: Do They Have Any Role? by Kobojunkie: 3:08pm On Oct 17, 2023
LikeAking:
■ Rest!
You go around accusing folks of not doing as you would like but when given the stage, you reveal there is in fact no substance to you and your many rants. undecided
Re: Our Ancestors: Do They Have Any Role? by 22jumpstreet1(m): 4:43pm On Oct 17, 2023
our ancestors is us

we are our ancestors..

insulting them is same as insulting your self..
Re: Our Ancestors: Do They Have Any Role? by Kobojunkie: 8:15pm On Oct 17, 2023
"Our ancestors is us"? So when you pray to your saint Ojukwu, you are in fact praying to your own self? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Likeaking, this is you? undecided
Re: Our Ancestors: Do They Have Any Role? by LikeAking: 8:18pm On Oct 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
"Our ancestors is us"? So when you pray to your saint Ojukwu, you are in fact praying to your own self? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Likeaking, this is you? undecided

Lolz

Na lie..

You know the truth..
Re: Our Ancestors: Do They Have Any Role? by Kobojunkie: 8:22pm On Oct 17, 2023
LikeAking:
■ Lolz , Na lie.. You know the truth..
Know what truth? undecided
Re: Our Ancestors: Do They Have Any Role? by LikeAking: 8:26pm On Oct 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Know what truth? undecided

Our ancestors are spirits of the dead…
Re: Our Ancestors: Do They Have Any Role? by Kobojunkie: 8:30pm On Oct 17, 2023
LikeAking:
Our ancestors are spirits of the dead…
I don't know any of that bullsheet! Most of my dead ancestors are nothing but dust today. So, if your dead ancestors are in fact spirits as you claim, then why does your tongue get tied when asked how you were able to find that out? undecided
Re: Our Ancestors: Do They Have Any Role? by LikeAking: 8:38pm On Oct 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I don't know any of that bullsheet! Most of my dead ancestors are nothing but dust today. So, if your dead ancestors are in fact spirits as you claim, then why does your tongue get tied when asked how you were able to find that out? undecided

Their are some tins I can’t explain.
Re: Our Ancestors: Do They Have Any Role? by Kobojunkie: 8:43pm On Oct 17, 2023
LikeAking:
■ Their are some tins I can’t explain.
You can't explain it but you expect others to believe you? Anyway, I know my near ancestors are all dust because I have seen them as just that... dust. If and when you are able to explain how you came to know your ancestors as spirits, let us know then. Till then, you are no different from the con men who go around scamming people with lies they themselves don't live by. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Something Dangerous Fell Into A Nigerian Forest / How Is Speaking In Tongues Different From Speaking Unknown Tongues? / Seeing Yourself In Secondary School Dreams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.