Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,440 members, 7,812,321 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

FIFA Suspends Spanish Football Chief, Rubiales Over Kissing Scandal - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Suspends Spanish Football Chief, Rubiales Over Kissing Scandal (21787 Views)

Luis Rubiales Kisses I Jenni Hermoso On The Lips During Awards / What's happening to Spanish football? / Muslim Fans Blast Ahmed Musa Over Kissing Picture With His Wife On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FIFA Suspends Spanish Football Chief, Rubiales Over Kissing Scandal by fergie001: 1:36pm On Aug 26, 2023
Embattled Spanish football chief Luis Rubiales has been provisionally suspended by FIFA for 90 days in the wake of the World Cup kissing row.

The 46-year-old has refused to step down despite mounting pressure from within Spanish football and the government.

He grabbed player Hermoso and kissed her on the lips during the awards ceremony following Spain's 1-0 victory over England on Sunday in Sydney, Australia.

FIFA said it had suspended Mr Rubiales "from all football-related activities at national and international level".

"This suspension, which will be effective as of today, is for an initial period of 90 days", pending the disciplinary proceedings against Mr Rubiales.

SOURCE

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA Suspends Spanish Football Chief, Rubiales Over Kissing Scandal by fergie001: 1:37pm On Aug 26, 2023
We will do whatever to force him out - Spain's Deputy Prime Minister

“No one doing & saying this can be in a position to represent any institution,” Ribera said in a text message. “No women can be used in such a way. No one can accept an invitation to his male mates to take this as the ‘normal’ way to behave. [Rubiales] should not stay in office any longer and the government will take any actions to step him down.”

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA Suspends Spanish Football Chief, Rubiales Over Kissing Scandal by Wodu89: 1:37pm On Aug 26, 2023
So many sick people everywhere thesedays

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIFA Suspends Spanish Football Chief, Rubiales Over Kissing Scandal by Westerhoffe(m): 1:38pm On Aug 26, 2023
smiley
Re: FIFA Suspends Spanish Football Chief, Rubiales Over Kissing Scandal by southking92(m): 1:38pm On Aug 26, 2023
Celebration taken too far,.
Na der kind dey gv condition before dey admit you for der team

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FIFA Suspends Spanish Football Chief, Rubiales Over Kissing Scandal by fergie001: 1:39pm On Aug 26, 2023
Rubiales insisted that he is been hounded and called it social media assassination. He further said to applause from his Federation, that the kiss was consensual.

Spanish football chief Luis Rubiales changes his mind, says he won't resign after kissing Women's World Cup winner Jenni Hermoso on the lips.

"Fake feminism is a great scourge in this country. This is a social assassination," he says, claiming the kiss was consensual.

“I will fight until the end. I hope the law is enforced. The press neither seeks justice nor seeks the truth,” he said. “I am not going to resign, I am not going to resign.”

Rubiales said the kiss — which he characterized as “a mere peck … the kind I would give my daughters” — had been consensual, with Hermoso agreeing after he proposed it. In the locker room after the game, Hermoso said on an Instagram Live video. “But what can I do? I didn’t like it, eh,” about the kiss.

But on Friday, Rubiales said he was a victim of “false feminism” and of politicians aiming to vilify him. He specifically named Spain’s caretaker deputy prime minister, Yolanda Díaz, and Equality Minister Irene Montero as his persecutors and said that he would seek legal action against those who had criticized him.

He went on to blame Hermoso for contributing to his “social assassination” by initially remaining silent and later issuing a press release calling for more measures to fight sexual harassment in Spanish football.

Hermoso insists it was non-consensual and did not support it

I want to clarify that, as seen in the images, at no time did I consent to the kiss he gave me and, of course, in no case did I try to lift the president. I do not tolerate my word being doubted, much less making up words I have not said"
Re: FIFA Suspends Spanish Football Chief, Rubiales Over Kissing Scandal by Mrfixiit: 1:39pm On Aug 26, 2023
I'm not sure this man did something wrong. I think he was so excited

86 Likes 9 Shares

Re: FIFA Suspends Spanish Football Chief, Rubiales Over Kissing Scandal by DanielsParker(m): 1:41pm On Aug 26, 2023
Didn’t know it would get to this.
I saw it that day on tv, I wanted to talk but I kept quiet. I thought maybe that’s how they show happiness and excitement in Spain or something.
He was hugging, touching and pecking everyone! There was a lady he kissed on the lip .

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA Suspends Spanish Football Chief, Rubiales Over Kissing Scandal by Iseoluwani: 1:41pm On Aug 26, 2023
booring europeans
Re: FIFA Suspends Spanish Football Chief, Rubiales Over Kissing Scandal by illicit(m): 1:42pm On Aug 26, 2023
I once saw a video of Rev father kissing choristers

One girl refused

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA Suspends Spanish Football Chief, Rubiales Over Kissing Scandal by fergie001: 1:42pm On Aug 26, 2023
The @Spanish Women's National Football team players, world champions and other soccer players, in support of @Jennihermoso, express their firm condemnation of behaviors that have violated the dignity of women.

The statement is open to footballers who want to join

81 players, including Spain's entire Women's World Cup-winning squad, have signed a joint statement refusing to play until Spanish FA president Luis Rubiales is removed. Earlier Rubiales refused to resign after kissing Jennifer Hermoso on the lips during the trophy presentation.

Re: FIFA Suspends Spanish Football Chief, Rubiales Over Kissing Scandal by drizslim(m): 1:42pm On Aug 26, 2023
If this man was a lecturer in Unizik we all know 89% of females in his department are not graduating if there's no trade by barter in between

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIFA Suspends Spanish Football Chief, Rubiales Over Kissing Scandal by TriCee: 1:42pm On Aug 26, 2023
That was extreme

1 Like

Re: FIFA Suspends Spanish Football Chief, Rubiales Over Kissing Scandal by AmazingELixir: 1:42pm On Aug 26, 2023
shocked

So someone can not express excitement with kiss again.

Although something does not sit well with that man's conduct... besides his celebratory mood on that particular day.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Suspends Spanish Football Chief, Rubiales Over Kissing Scandal by fergie001: 1:43pm On Aug 26, 2023
Real Betis striker, Borja Iglesias insists he will not play for the Spanish male national team unless Rubiales is removed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA Suspends Spanish Football Chief, Rubiales Over Kissing Scandal by foleskay(m): 1:43pm On Aug 26, 2023
grin
I knew the guy would land in trouble. I watched the prize presentation on sunday and I was shocked and also marveled at the level the man was hugging and lifting up those girls passionately. I was just screaming and laughing like wtf?? Even the spanish king princesses that were on d podium didn't hug the girls to that level. But the man was handling d girls and lifting them up.😂 I said to my guy that he should watch out as d English media take that up and drag the man afterwards. And since then the English media have been on d man neck and they'll make sure they end his career.
Fear English media grin

45 Likes 7 Shares

Re: FIFA Suspends Spanish Football Chief, Rubiales Over Kissing Scandal by BestMan001: 1:43pm On Aug 26, 2023
He knacks her we understand, why not keep it private

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FIFA Suspends Spanish Football Chief, Rubiales Over Kissing Scandal by ivolt: 1:43pm On Aug 26, 2023
Good.
Re: FIFA Suspends Spanish Football Chief, Rubiales Over Kissing Scandal by FreeStuffsNG: 1:44pm On Aug 26, 2023
FIFA itself , under Infantino, is infantile. This kissing drama is arrant distractions! This man has said he didn't mean anything outside the euphoria, if the kissee thinks otherwise, she should report and sue the man.

I have watched that video and it's a bland kiss in that euphoria moment and nothing exceptional, one lady who watched the video was even surprised that what she saw in the video was even regarded as a kiss. It's annoying that fifa is making the female football the usual drama that some men use to shade women. When women started playing football, touching is now a crime. Very soon, spitting and doing number 1 on the pitch will become inappropriate.

Men spit, pee on the pitch , rub sweat on one another during football games and even hit and kiss one another on the lips during that euphoria moment of game celebration and heaven didn't fall. Soccer is a contact sport.

The man should not resign and must sue FIFA! He who alleges must prove. FIFA must prove why his kiss on a fellow sports personality is different from these past kisses. He must fight for himself and the game now under attack by those who are end time converts of soccer. Check my signature for free stuffs!

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIFA Suspends Spanish Football Chief, Rubiales Over Kissing Scandal by orohbirodeysmel: 1:44pm On Aug 26, 2023
Mumu man...
Two things are involved...it is either that the kisser and the Kissee are lovers and dating secretly or he took advantage of the kisee

Whatever the case, Rubiales is a mumu man to be carried away by emotions. Someone have been sweating running the length and width of the football pitch for 90+ mins she no even shower or freshen up, you begin kiss her, he get luck say no be Arab country hosted the tournament, both of them would have been cooling in detention now. Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait etc would have detained and possibly jailed them.

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Suspends Spanish Football Chief, Rubiales Over Kissing Scandal by LibertyRep: 1:44pm On Aug 26, 2023
A moment of Indiscretion can ruin everything.

Two moments one is very vulnerable are;
* Moments of anger
*Moments of joy

...be careful

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIFA Suspends Spanish Football Chief, Rubiales Over Kissing Scandal by dyera(m): 1:44pm On Aug 26, 2023
Ordinary kiss wey the man kiss naim they wan cut he head comot.

3 Likes

Re: FIFA Suspends Spanish Football Chief, Rubiales Over Kissing Scandal by sojayy(m): 1:44pm On Aug 26, 2023
Good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIFA Suspends Spanish Football Chief, Rubiales Over Kissing Scandal by fergie001: 1:44pm On Aug 26, 2023
The Spanish Football Federation on Saturday accused Women’s World Cup player Jenni Hermoso’s of “lies” in her comments about her kiss with federation President Luis Rubiales.

It said the federation and Rubiales would “demonstrate each of the lies that have been spread, whether in the name of the player, if that is the case, or by the player herself” after Hermoso said she did not consent to being kissed on the lips following Spain’s World Cup triumph.

They have threatened to sue Hermoso, Spain's Deputy PM and Equality Affairs Minister for lying against Rubiales

1 Like

Re: FIFA Suspends Spanish Football Chief, Rubiales Over Kissing Scandal by Kobicove(m): 1:44pm On Aug 26, 2023
This thing is no longer a joking matter!

1 Like

Re: FIFA Suspends Spanish Football Chief, Rubiales Over Kissing Scandal by BigBelleControl(m): 1:45pm On Aug 26, 2023
I don't think he meant to kiss her, it was just a grab-and-pout moment

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA Suspends Spanish Football Chief, Rubiales Over Kissing Scandal by itsme01: 1:45pm On Aug 26, 2023
Perverts

It's not mouth to mouth kiss
Re: FIFA Suspends Spanish Football Chief, Rubiales Over Kissing Scandal by IboHausaYoruba: 1:46pm On Aug 26, 2023
Hmmn! Women! The moment this beautiful sport is introduced to female folks; I know it will not end well. A time will come they'll begin to sue men for looking at their behinds with two eyes when they play on the field. Rubiales was just carried away with the joy of victory. But what do I know; the feminists are crying even more than the bereaved.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA Suspends Spanish Football Chief, Rubiales Over Kissing Scandal by PHIPEX(m): 1:46pm On Aug 26, 2023
But they are OK with homosexuals in public.

Same Europeans are OK exporting gay culture across the world but feels polygamy is morally wrong, confused people

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIFA Suspends Spanish Football Chief, Rubiales Over Kissing Scandal by Kenzico(m): 1:46pm On Aug 26, 2023
The man pulled up as JOHNNY SINS that day

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Leo Messi Won The Ballon D’or Over Erling Haaland By 105 Points. / Top 10 Nigerian Footballers Of All Time / Thierry Henry Vs Didier Drogba, Who Is Better & Had More Success?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.