Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,970 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Which University Accept A Third Graduate For MSC (photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which University Accept A Third Graduate For MSC (photos) (1669 Views)

This University Accept Unofficial Transcript(student Copy)& Zero Application Fee / Which University In Nigeria Accepts 2.2 For A Direct Masters Programme? / Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which University Accept A Third Graduate For MSC (photos) by DeeGov123(m): 6:57pm On Aug 26, 2023
Hi nairalanders, i am a graduate of physics and I have been into teaching for seven years now where I teach physics, though I am not an educationist certified and I have not done my PGDE, but I would like to know if any university in Nigeria would accept my third class result for masters degree directly, irrespective of the field of study, I don't mind. Mature minds only. Thank you

Re: Which University Accept A Third Graduate For MSC (photos) by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 26, 2023
DeeGov123:
Hi nairalanders, please am a graduate of physics and I have been into teaching for seven years now where I teach physics, though I am not an educationist certified and I have not done my PGDE, but I would like to know if any university in Nigeria would accept my third class result for master directly, irrespective of the field of study, I don't mind. Mature mind only. Thank you

You can't get any admission with a 3rd class unless you're pursuing a professional master's. My advice is for you to quickly do a PGD in Physics or any related field of interest. Or better still, since you're into education, you can do a PGDE so you can increase your career prospects in that field.

9 Likes

Re: Which University Accept A Third Graduate For MSC (photos) by DeeGov123(m): 7:05pm On Aug 26, 2023
Ok do you know any university where I can start my PGDE by January
bigadler:

You can't get any admission with a 3rd class unless you're pursuing a professional master's. My advice is for you to quickly do a PGD in Physics or any related field of interest. Or better still, since you're into education, you can do a PGDE so you can increase your career prospects in that field.

2 Likes

Re: Which University Accept A Third Graduate For MSC (photos) by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 26, 2023
DeeGov123:
Ok do you know any university where I can start my PGDE by January

Yea, you can start anytime. You may consider ABU DLC programs, NOUN, or any university around your city. But those ones I listed are flexible for working class individuals.

2 Likes

Re: Which University Accept A Third Graduate For MSC (photos) by Nettybrown(m): 8:30pm On Aug 26, 2023
Which of the states do you reside?
Re: Which University Accept A Third Graduate For MSC (photos) by Moneyyman: 9:05pm On Aug 26, 2023
If you want to teach, you can do a PGDE at National Open University (NOUN), any recognized college of education, ABU and Unibadan distance learning, any university close to you, etc.

If you want to study MSc in any physics field, you'll need to do M.Phill first before going back for M.Sc.

M.Phill is like a pre-MSc program for third class graduates. You can also do it in NOUN or any university close to you.

Meanwhile, evaluate your options well before doing anything.

You can also pivot to any close field, for example, you can do a PGD in IT and then do M.Sc in IT with a focus on cybersecurity or networking

Keep grinding!
Re: Which University Accept A Third Graduate For MSC (photos) by meetme01: 9:19pm On Aug 26, 2023
Best advise has been given. Nothing to add.

All the best bro..!
Re: Which University Accept A Third Graduate For MSC (photos) by DeeGov123(m): 9:34pm On Aug 26, 2023
Ota in Ogun state
Nettybrown:
Which of the states do you reside?
Re: Which University Accept A Third Graduate For MSC (photos) by DeeGov123(m): 9:36pm On Aug 26, 2023
Thanks but I need a university that the program fee will not be much
Moneyyman:
If you want to teach, you can do a PGDE at National Open University (NOUN), any recognized college of education, ABU and Unibadan distance learning, any university close to you, etc.

If you want to study MSc in any physics field, you'll need to do M.Phill first before going back for M.Sc.

M.Phill is like a pre-MSc program for third class graduates. You can also do it in NOUN or any university close to you.

You can also pivot to any close field, for example, you can do a PGD in IT and then do M.Sc in IT with a focus on cybersecurity or networking

Keep grinding!
Re: Which University Accept A Third Graduate For MSC (photos) by jamesversion: 10:19pm On Aug 26, 2023
DeeGov123:
Thanks but I need a university that the program fee will not be much

He has done enough for you. Find out the remaining for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Which University Accept A Third Graduate For MSC (photos) by honour7: 2:00am On Aug 27, 2023
Moneyyman:

Keep grinding!

It's pgd or pgde, MPhil is for those who have done MSc but did not make 60percent PhD grade

2 Likes

Re: Which University Accept A Third Graduate For MSC (photos) by Moneyyman: 4:34am On Aug 27, 2023
Okay, thanks for the correction!

honour7:

It's pgd or pgde, MPhil is for those who have done MSc but did not make 60percent PhD grade
Re: Which University Accept A Third Graduate For MSC (photos) by Babamide(m): 7:37am On Aug 27, 2023
DeeGov123:
Ota in Ogun state
I guess Funaab is the federal university closest to you that does pgd
Re: Which University Accept A Third Graduate For MSC (photos) by Alusiizizi(m): 11:21am On Aug 27, 2023
DeeGov123:
Hi nairalanders, i am a graduate of physics and I have been into teaching for seven years now where I teach physics, though I am not an educationist certified and I have not done my PGDE, but I would like to know if any university in Nigeria would accept my third class result for masters degree directly, irrespective of the field of study, I don't mind. Mature minds only. Thank you

You have already wasted much time and money on a first degree, now you want to waste even more money on MSC? Here's my advice, either you forget about university and concentrate on a career as a danfo driver or you enroll in a less challenging course, like mass communication or psychology or some other basket-weaving course, and stay as far away from Physics as possible.

1 Like

Re: Which University Accept A Third Graduate For MSC (photos) by MrsTwrite(f): 12:51am On Aug 28, 2023
Alusiizizi:

You have already wasted much time and money on a first degree, now you want to waste even more money on MSC? Here's my advice, either you forget about university and concentrate on a career as a danfo driver or you enroll in a less challenging course, like mass communication or psychology or some other basket-weaving course, and stay as far away from Physics as possible.

Physics gave me headache back then In school.
Re: Which University Accept A Third Graduate For MSC (photos) by Alusiizizi(m): 5:39am On Aug 28, 2023
MrsTwrite:

You should've gone for easier fields.
Re: Which University Accept A Third Graduate For MSC (photos) by DeeGov123(m): 5:53am On Aug 28, 2023
Ok thanks
jamesversion:

He has done enough for you. Find out the remaining for yourself.
Re: Which University Accept A Third Graduate For MSC (photos) by DeeGov123(m): 5:55am On Aug 28, 2023
Funaab is in Abeokuta, from ota to abeokuta is like 2hrs journey
Babamide:
I guess Funaab is the federal university closest to you that does pgd
Re: Which University Accept A Third Graduate For MSC (photos) by DeeGov123(m): 5:57am On Aug 28, 2023
If you think education is expensive then try ignorance, this is the reason Nigeria remains were we are today,
Alusiizizi:

Re: Which University Accept A Third Graduate For MSC (photos) by DeeGov123(m): 5:59am On Aug 28, 2023
Lolz physics is a nice course may be you don't love calculation courses
MrsTwrite:

1 Like

Re: Which University Accept A Third Graduate For MSC (photos) by Nettybrown(m): 5:58pm On Aug 28, 2023
DeeGov123:
Ota in Ogun state

I'll advice you go and make enquiry in OOU

(1) (Reply)

Watch Stanley Nwabali Some 3years Ago.. / Jamb Commences Off-line Registration For 2008 Candidate Who Where Unable To Reg / Esut Admission List 2008/2009

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.