Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

Kano: Police Intercept 820 Cartons Of Expired Drugs - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kano: Police Intercept 820 Cartons Of Expired Drugs (4928 Views)

Lagos Police Arrest Two With 70 Cartons Of Expired Drugs / Police Intercept AK-47 Rifles Hidden In Bags Of Beans (Video, Pictures) / Police Intercept 753 Machine Gun Ammunitions Heading To Abia State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano: Police Intercept 820 Cartons Of Expired Drugs by GuruboiNaija: 1:31am On Aug 28, 2023
The Kano Police Command said it has intercepted 820 cartons of suspected fake and expired drugs at Mallam Kato Market in Fagge Local Government Area of the state.

This was contained in a statement by command’s Public Relations Officer, SP Abdullahi Haruna.

He said the intercepted drugs, which were recovered from two warehouses at the market, include; 514 cartons of eemistxmin/emstifer syrup, 219 cartons of 5mg Lisinopril tablets, 7 cartons of 5mg amlodipine tablets, 87 cartons of 50mg atenol and 40 cartons, 3 cartons of Frusemide injection.

According to the statement, the drugs were handed over to the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control by a team of detectives deployed to the scene by the state Commissioner of Police, Usaini Gumel.

The statement further advised residents of the state to always report suspicious movements and persons of unquestionable character to the police.

https://.ng/2023/08/27/kano-police-intercept-820-cartons-of-expired-drugs/

Re: Kano: Police Intercept 820 Cartons Of Expired Drugs by ONEjoblessGUY: 2:33am On Aug 28, 2023
Tribute to Dora Akunyili.........
Rip to her always.........

11 Likes

Re: Kano: Police Intercept 820 Cartons Of Expired Drugs by TemplarLandry: 5:40am On Aug 28, 2023
😎
Re: Kano: Police Intercept 820 Cartons Of Expired Drugs by Brendaniel: 1:17pm On Aug 28, 2023
When you have a drug lord standing as your president with an expired certificate....

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano: Police Intercept 820 Cartons Of Expired Drugs by latonione: 1:18pm On Aug 28, 2023
Continue the good job
Re: Kano: Police Intercept 820 Cartons Of Expired Drugs by deedeemob(m): 1:19pm On Aug 28, 2023
Good way to go, we need all form of harmful substances cleared off the shelves.
Re: Kano: Police Intercept 820 Cartons Of Expired Drugs by SharpConcept(m): 1:19pm On Aug 28, 2023
Wahala

1 Like

Re: Kano: Police Intercept 820 Cartons Of Expired Drugs by henryadex(m): 1:20pm On Aug 28, 2023
God save Nigeria
Re: Kano: Police Intercept 820 Cartons Of Expired Drugs by Coronavirus1: 1:20pm On Aug 28, 2023
Killer medicine πŸ’Š be careful with the drugs you take life has no duplicate.

1 Like

Re: Kano: Police Intercept 820 Cartons Of Expired Drugs by ComptonGee: 1:25pm On Aug 28, 2023
We have a very long way to go as a country; and by His special grace, we will get there
Re: Kano: Police Intercept 820 Cartons Of Expired Drugs by alfredo4u(m): 1:27pm On Aug 28, 2023
Its been a while I contributed to any discussion here.

Just want to feel it today...

Pls what's dollar rate today.....is Nigeria still existing?
Re: Kano: Police Intercept 820 Cartons Of Expired Drugs by Kingray10: 1:31pm On Aug 28, 2023
The first time I read this news it's 500plus.
Today while today 800, and it's even the same marker
Re: Kano: Police Intercept 820 Cartons Of Expired Drugs by Reality3080: 1:35pm On Aug 28, 2023
Brendaniel:
When you have a drug lord standing as your president with an expired certificate....
u igbos n your narcissist attitude, u will b d criminals n still b feigning ignorance.

I can bet my life that an Igbo will b involved 100%, check this same nairaland n see a video where a Thai police was interrogating an Igbo boy n he made it clear igbos are a curse to Nigeria n Africa at large

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano: Police Intercept 820 Cartons Of Expired Drugs by xjiggy: 1:36pm On Aug 28, 2023
It is the proliferation of these fake and expired items (Drugs, food and alcohol) that are killing Nigerians more any other thing. May God help us
Re: Kano: Police Intercept 820 Cartons Of Expired Drugs by triple996(m): 1:40pm On Aug 28, 2023
some people are disappointed.
They thought it was about beer so that they can start wailing. Kudos to kano polce
Re: Kano: Police Intercept 820 Cartons Of Expired Drugs by banku: 1:44pm On Aug 28, 2023
I pray it is the combined greediness of Nigerians after quick profit. Releasing names may create unnecessary cat fights.
Re: Kano: Police Intercept 820 Cartons Of Expired Drugs by theophorus(m): 1:49pm On Aug 28, 2023
Once you read a comment insulting the President of NG, basic wisdom helps you know the region such person is from and the knowledge of the Hatred with which they were raised makes you pity them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano: Police Intercept 820 Cartons Of Expired Drugs by Chibuzoripob: 2:00pm On Aug 28, 2023
sad Dsy want to develop up North cheesy with their CVRIMINAL LIFESTYLE sad

Onyedu&bros Development
Re: Kano: Police Intercept 820 Cartons Of Expired Drugs by Skillsnigeria: 2:02pm On Aug 28, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Kano: Police Intercept 820 Cartons Of Expired Drugs by Cutehector(m): 2:04pm On Aug 28, 2023
This is the reason why people get kidney and liver issues. You see now...
Re: Kano: Police Intercept 820 Cartons Of Expired Drugs by Nahunger(m): 2:08pm On Aug 28, 2023
Omo
Loaded cancer Jesu
This world is not my home.
Re: Kano: Police Intercept 820 Cartons Of Expired Drugs by money121(m): 2:14pm On Aug 28, 2023
Wickedness
Re: Kano: Police Intercept 820 Cartons Of Expired Drugs by Jman06(m): 2:18pm On Aug 28, 2023
This menace has continued to destroy our health care system due to the failure of goverments to implement the national drug distribution guidelines (NDDGs) which was intelligently crafted by the government of Goodluck Ebele Jonathan in 2012.

These guidelines states that when manufactured, medicine are to be moved from one registered premises to another. It was meant to replace the current chaotic open drug markets which does not give room for regulation but rather encourage people to falsify drugs, mishandle drugs and thereby sending many unsuspecting Nigerians to their early graves.

As the system is right now, while some people operate outside the open markets and under strict regulation by goverment agencies, others operate unregulated in the open markets. If goverment fails to implement the NDDGs, a time would definitely come when everybody would move into the open markets and join the destruction of our healthcare system. You cannot be regulating some people while others operate unregulated while the government fold their arms and watch.

With the NDDG, drugs would go from manufacturers to a Coordinated Wholesale Center (CWC) from where pharmacies and hospitals can purchase their stocks. With this system, the governments or private individuals can invest in a Coordinated Wholesale Center (CWC) by approaching PCN for licensure and meeting other requirements stipulated in the guidelines.

However, since the NDDG was crafted by goverment, successive goverments have not shown the political will to implement it. Those who currently benefit from the chaotic system have continued to hinder the take off of the guidelines by bribing governments and politicians at various levels who then look away while they operate unregulated.

Governments should know that any investments made in the health sector without a thoroughly regulated drug distribution system is tantamount to throwing away funds into the ocean. Drugs are very critical in healthcare and should be thoroughly regulated. Some drugs are readily degraded by environmental factors such as sunlight, humidity, temperature etc. In the open markets, most of the illiterates operating they don't even know how to preserve the different drugs to ensure that they remain wholesome throughout their shelf lives. This is aside the fact that the criminal elements among them deliberately fake these drugs thereby endangering people's lives.

Usually when an error is noticed in a batch of products or when death occurs from use of a product (Eg, the case of My Pikin), there's a guide for the recall of such products from circulation but these open markets don't know about such guidelines, hence they'll continue to sell the product and thereby killing more people.

Therefore, the goverment of His Excellency Bola Ahmed Tinubu should as a matter of urgency implement the NDDGs and put an end to this messed up open drug market system we currently have. That policy will not only protect Nigerians from untimely deaths and injuries from use of unwholesome drugs, goverment can also benefit greatly from the policy. Governments would gain increased revenue from taxation and also save money from having an improved healthcare system. The policy will also create millions of direct and indirect jobs for Nigerians thereby helping to solve the problem of unemployment in the country.

The minister of health should please, call the attention of the president to the NDDGs policy. I'm very optimistic that when implemented thoroughly, the policy will help sanitize the drug distribution system and consequently improve the nation's healthcare system.
Re: Kano: Police Intercept 820 Cartons Of Expired Drugs by Chibuzoripob: 2:20pm On Aug 28, 2023
sad u have advertised this same phone since last year or so.Join janitorial or car wash to survive. Wish u well
0TUK0MAYA1:

May her soul rest in peace.

Good afternoon, well-meaning Nigerians,

My name is Tunde. I am 34 and an O-Level holder. I had a car accident last year, lost my job, and became jobless for months.

Please help me; I am seriously hungry. The last time I ate was yesterday afternoon, and it was my remaining garri that I drank. Please, my people, I am really sorry for begging, but it is just that I am starving to death. Please, someone should help me with something to eat, no matter the amount. I don't mind. I will always appreciate you. I am starving. I know things are very hard these days. Anything you have to spare, I would really appreciate.

I live at No 25, Adeola Joshua Street, off cooperative villa road, Badore, Ajah, Lagos State.

If you live near me, please invite me for lunch; I am dying of hunger. May you never lack the good things of life. Please have mercy on me and help me.

My phone number is 0906-604-0652

Please help me with any amount; #600 will do a lot for me at this time.

ACCESS BANK PLC
My account number is 1669 0888 75
My name is Otukomaya Tunde

I want to sell my Vivo Y1.

Price: 20k

Please buy my phone. I need to buy food. I am beginning to feel pain in my stomach.
Re: Kano: Police Intercept 820 Cartons Of Expired Drugs by 0TUK0MAYA1(m): 2:22pm On Aug 28, 2023
Chibuzoripob:
sad u have advertised this same phone since last year or so.Join janitorial or car wash to survive. Wish u well

I pray that you will never experience the hardship I am currently going through. Amen
Re: Kano: Police Intercept 820 Cartons Of Expired Drugs by Brendaniel: 2:28pm On Aug 28, 2023
Reality3080:
u igbos n your narcissist attitude, u will b d criminals n still b feigning ignorance.

I can bet my life that an Igbo will b involved 100%, check this same nairaland n see a video where a Thai police was interrogating an Igbo boy n he made it clear igbos are a curse to Nigeria n Africa at large

E pain am grin

Oya show me the video make I see, Una sabi lie too much.... grin
Re: Kano: Police Intercept 820 Cartons Of Expired Drugs by Reality3080: 2:33pm On Aug 28, 2023
Brendaniel:

E pain am grin

Oya show me the video make I see, Una sabi lie too much.... grin
this is d link

https://www.nairaland.com/7819573/thai-police-investigation-comment-igbo#125410792
Re: Kano: Police Intercept 820 Cartons Of Expired Drugs by Jman06(m): 2:40pm On Aug 28, 2023
Reality3080:

Don't mind those people o. Let them continue disgracing the Igbo ethnic group.

Recently, the PCN wanted to relocate the sabon gari open drug market in Kano to a coordinated wholesale center (CWC) where they can be thoroughly regulated by government agencies, it was this same Igbo drug traders that opposed the move. If not wickedness, tell me why anybody would oppose such move aimed at improving health of Nigerians.

Thank goodness for the political will shown by Kano state government led by Umaru Ganduje in ensuring that the move became a reality.
Re: Kano: Police Intercept 820 Cartons Of Expired Drugs by Chibuzoripob: 2:52pm On Aug 28, 2023
grin
0TUK0MAYA1:

I pray that you will never experience the hardship I am currently going through. Amen
save that prayer for yourself. People pass through challenge. It is not peculiar to u only. U have money to buy data..U dnt need to sell ur phone @20k b4 u fix that challenge u are facing currently. Summon courage and join car wash/do janitorial work.You'll get that 20k within 9 days there in Lekki.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Burial Of U.S. Police Officer Gunned Down Responding To Domestic Violence(Pics) / Meet The Only Man That Can Save Hushpuppi [PHOTO] / Security Arrangements For 2018 Eid-EI-Kabir Festivities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.