Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,299 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now (62154 Views)

JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK / Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by luluman: 5:03pm On Aug 28, 2023
crossfm:
Hehehe.

We are experiencing worst over here,so my advice to anyone just like the person above me stated, if you have the means and resources to japa please Japa.

Most people over there even with the condition's mentioned above are still doing way better than people over here.
I swear upon all the complains they still wish to remain there.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by Exceed15: 5:04pm On Aug 28, 2023
Zooposki:

Yeah, I love the white man’s country too as an African woman. They are the true Alpha males. That’s why I refuse to marry any African man. They can’t develop their countries. I usually feel pity when I see any African lady marrying the loser African men.😋😋

Loool... U dey vex o
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by virginboy1(m): 5:07pm On Aug 28, 2023
DaddyCoool:

Problem is, UK don cast too! For every one like your cousine there are 3 regretting moving there

I doubt ooo... na those wey go Uk on school level i dey see say e dey tight for them somehow. But for now shaaa...earning in pounds is far far better than in Naija and one cant really compare the standard of living over there to this place.... here wey be say upon say dem dey comot tax from my salary...i no fit get better health care for govt hospital.... over cast dey worry naija
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by johbara: 5:08pm On Aug 28, 2023
These guys are just stylishly trying by every means to discourage we way wan japa not to come over and compete with them thereby reducing the available resources available to them.........Bros forget ya matter/sermon we go soon come join una dia. Make paperwork just complete. E no get as you wan take explain to me say Naija better pass UK.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by Mosamber: 5:08pm On Aug 28, 2023
He can never tell us that Nigeria is better than UK all I know is; it is by grace not by hard work or luck another person might have the grace of God to make it over there even though things keep getting tough

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by Mindlog: 5:11pm On Aug 28, 2023
fykes:
Everything you wrote is true...but UK is a transit point for me.
This rat race is not the kinda life I want to give my children.
I don't even advice any one to place faith in settling in the Uk

I am settling in the UK despite getting offers from Ireland and Canada. cheesy cheesy
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by alhajiabdulbuha: 5:13pm On Aug 28, 2023
There are 101 reasons why you should leave Nigeria now as 13,357 people are already dead in Imo State due hunger and hardship
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by DaddyCoool: 5:14pm On Aug 28, 2023
virginboy1:

I doubt ooo... na those wey go Uk on school level i dey see say e dey tight for them somehow. But for now shaaa...earning in pounds is far far better than in Naija and one cant really compare the standard of living over there to this place.... here wey be say upon say dem dey comot tax from my salary...i no fit get better health care for govt hospital.... over cast dey worry naija

But you have one BIG advantage: you are in your own country and no one can look down on you or think they doing you a favor letting you experience wonders not available in your country!
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by harmony940(m): 5:15pm On Aug 28, 2023
Hmmm,uk this uk that,well if you are still young 30yrs and below,the UK and immigrating to the western world is a lovely idea. In addition,if you are 30 and above please huzzle hard get the money find yourself a good government job on the A level scale,when you do visit the western world on vacation,believe you me your job will settle the expenses and you will still have a good financial balance at the end of the day.
That's why most northerners don't travel they are well placed in Nigeria and most go for vacation.

Please this is just my personal view based on experience you can as well share yours.

Shalom!
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by Menclothing: 5:15pm On Aug 28, 2023
Let them decide
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by damzy88: 5:18pm On Aug 28, 2023
toprealman:
There was never a time the 20 he rule was need enforced. Till tomorrow, people will do up to 40 hrs, some will be caught…many will not. It will hunt some later, others will survive.
The money will help some stay afloat, many will still struggle to pay school fees even with the extra hustle. Some will get frustrated which will affect their studies, others will barely make it.

Professional jobs has never been easy to get. People have been hearing UK experience needed like forever now. Funny thing is that some will be “lucky” others will not.

Summary: if you can get a UK visa or you have one already, do your research. Move with the right circle never those that gather every time to cry about how hard UK is. Be strong minded and positive. Take the hard knocks like a champ. Be ready to work your way up.
I think this applies to most countries in the west. I live in Canada. Nice

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by Esobest(m): 5:21pm On Aug 28, 2023
The writer is not sincere,, why did he leave Edo state to UK,, even though he went to Uniben,,,he should have stayed back and hustle here,,,,
uche87:
This piece isn't aimed at discouraging anyone from relocating to the United Kingdom. The country has the 6th largest economy in the world and it offers massive economic opportunities for both the young and old. It is also beautiful and gives maximum exposure to people. But things are changing and they are changing rapidly. You need to be mentally prepared before you get ambushed by harsh reality. Keep the following factors in mind when trying to take the plunge.

(1) Limited job opportunities:
As a fresh immigrant, it takes the grace of God to crack the white-collar job circle. Even if you get white-collar jobs, most of them don't offer visa sponsorships. So, they can't guarantee you any desired visa extensions. To someone who wants to stay back in the UK after studying, what's the point? For the blue-collar sector which apparently admits every willing or unwilling human being available, the jobs are disappearing. You must have heard viral stories of people on healthcare visas not getting shifts. As if this isn't enough, job opportunities are drying up in the less desired warehouses where hard labour is rife. The warehouses constituted the last hope of the common man those days. If you are hoping to gather money to pay your school fees from hustling in the UK, you might need to have a rethink.

(2) 20hrs Work Limitation:
In recent times, there have been strong rumours of student visas being canceled by the Home Office, after the holders failed to stick to the 20-hour work restriction in a week. It is one of the most traumatic experiences an immigrant can face abroad. Imagine you are getting an email that your visa has been cancelled, while you are just settling in, with a huge debt hanging over your head. You might strongly consider detonating a Kim Jong Un-like bomb in your village to annihilate any witch/wizard that might be linked to your predicament.

(3) Housing Crisis:
The housing crisis in the UK is so severe that people now take their house-hunting activities to the NSPPD altar at 7 a.m. It is not just about the exorbitant prices alone, it is about the stiff competition you will face from other applicants. It is as competitive as applying for civil service jobs in Nigeria and India. These so-called accommodations come in the form of "poultry" due to the relatively small sizes. They also come with massive paperwork that could be cumbersome for a new immigrant to satisfy. This isn't the challenge an immigrant wants to face due to its overwhelming nature.

(4) High Cost Of Living:
Living costs constitute a global issue and it is highly multi-factorial in nature. Major cities in the UK like London, Manchester, Sheffield, Bristol, Birmingham, etc., have been hit by mass migration, thereby straining available public facilities. People with permanent jobs are feeling the heat not to talk of the casual workers living from one unassured shift to the other. For a man converting naira to pounds to cater for daily expenditure in the UK, the thoughts of running away, or committing suicide might be crossing his mind, at least 4 times in a day.

(5) Low Chances Of Staying Back:
The chances of international students staying back in the UK after schooling are getting slimmer than the popular Nollywood actress, Lepa Shandy by the day. Before you know it, your 2-year post-study period would have elapsed and you might have to return home. Before now, healthcare visas have come to the rescue. Today, the opportunities have been abused and the forces of demand and supply have also affected sponsorship opportunities in the healthcare line. If you think you can easily marry a citizen to stay back, you might have to buy some anti-depressants, as a backup plan.

In conclusion, the best way to easily scale through these hurdles, and weather the storm might be by owning one of President Tinubu's controversial bullion vans.

Osahon George Osayimwen is a Journalist and a Developmental Psychologist

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by gracedson: 5:21pm On Aug 28, 2023
Fact!!! But they won’t hear.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by Penboy: 5:22pm On Aug 28, 2023
Calitoscassius:
But the OP is not talking about highly skilled peoole, ofcourse, anyone highly skilled would not have any problem living anywhere in the world. That what the world are looking for, HIGHLY skilled people not people who would come to "hustle" hustle is not an occupatuon let alone high a skill. grin

Please who dyou classify as highly skilled?
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by Benwallt(m): 5:23pm On Aug 28, 2023
Tell me one reason why you should stay
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by melodygenius(m): 5:36pm On Aug 28, 2023
Mindlog:
There are no limited job opportunities if you are skilled in the fields they have shortage in, I am on my second UK skilled worker visa as I switched from my first job.

I went for a blood test in a teaching hospital facility recently, I saw a staff who worked there and knew he was definitely Nigerian, I briefly chatted with him and did check him out on LinkedIn, finding out he was working as a Medical Laboratory Assistant at the hospital where he started working in April and was sponsored from Nigeria by the hospital and he graduated with a Bachelor's degree in Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science/Research and Allied Professions from Ebonyi State University.

If you are highly skilled and it is in demand in the UK, japa!
brother I just sent you a mail...
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by Calitoscassius(m): 5:38pm On Aug 28, 2023
Penboy:

Please who dyou classify as highly skilled?
Doctors, engineers, computer, IT, inventors, technicians and many more. As the person i responded to stated
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by bigiyaro(m): 5:41pm On Aug 28, 2023
People have been going to the UK, and helping others to go too. But you, you go there come dey write 5 reasons, why don't you come over here and write 1000 reasons to japa? You be winch.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by Calitoscassius(m): 5:41pm On Aug 28, 2023
77up:
Get a very big land and plant potatoes alone, don't miss it, harvest period is 3months. It makes a whole lots of sense ,that's the update. Tomatoes is also great. May not have to say how many millions bro and trust me it doesn't have to be years .
Mmm.. don't worry i will not come and rob you of your millions. grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by melodygenius(m): 5:43pm On Aug 28, 2023
Wealthoptulent:
Before border close abi?

But he jus Spoke 100% truth. But as nigerian u go still survive bt no complain say dem no warn You.
I was an assistant teacher here, but there life style & payment is like that of 9ja counterparts, small pay, even endure bullshit from the kids... I, a whole lecturer back in 9ja those days... I ran away from the Lane oo. N coughed out £650 to grab a license , that what I roll with now. Now next is the £1200 license i am Eyeing. That settles my life for next 10yrs grin Till when I make my way into their TERTIARY INSTITUTION to continue what I paused back home. Work SMARTLY no HARDLY 👌 grin
. here is my Email bro olagunjujoel25@gmail.com am a Physics Teacher let's link up bro.. mail me
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by AngelicBeing: 5:46pm On Aug 28, 2023
Hmmmmmm
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by just2endowed: 5:46pm On Aug 28, 2023
angry
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by loliapoopy2013(f): 5:49pm On Aug 28, 2023
phemmyfour:
Why always UK...Nigerians should explore other European countries

People think there are no opportunities in other European countries.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by enemyofprogress: 5:52pm On Aug 28, 2023
E still better pass living in Aso villa where Tinubu is living
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by enemyofprogress: 5:54pm On Aug 28, 2023
phemmyfour:
Why always UK...Nigerians should explore other European countries
exactly. Why UK? When Ghana, Niger, Cotonou, Mazi, Burkina Faso and co dey

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by phemmyfour: 5:55pm On Aug 28, 2023
loliapoopy2013:

People think there are no opportunities in other European countries.
There are better opportunities there even with cheaper tuition fee instead of spending almost 20m naira on master degree in UK.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by ChronicGp(m): 5:57pm On Aug 28, 2023
Oga allow them come afterall 9ja Na hell right now according to
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by loliapoopy2013(f): 6:00pm On Aug 28, 2023
Exceed15:
I rather stay back in Nigeria than opt for UK. I speak with few friends over there regularly and from the way they sound it is tough living there. My dream places are Australia, Canada, New Zealand and Sweden. I pray God help me.

I don't know why people don't want to see Sweden as an option, including my husband.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by 00e1: 6:04pm On Aug 28, 2023
Same here in canada
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by Isaacpromise1(m): 6:06pm On Aug 28, 2023
As long as those reason you mentioned isn’t sufficient enough for you people leaving in the UK to pack your loads and return to Nigeria… who am i then? … when i arrive there, we go rough am together

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Beautiful Roads In Villages In Akwa Ibom State (Pictures) / Buhari Completes The 10-Lane Superhighway Linking Port Harcourt & Oyigbo (Video) / Inside Kim Jong Un Luxury Van For Viewing Missile Launches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.