Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now (62085 Views)

JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK / Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by loliapoopy2013(f): 6:07pm On Aug 28, 2023
phemmyfour:
There are better opportunities there even with cheaper tuition fee instead of spending almost 20m naira on master degree in UK.

You are right, my husband is one of them. They think it must be the UK, Canada, and Australia and I ask are Nigerians not doing well in other European countries?
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by Geovanni412(m): 6:19pm On Aug 28, 2023
MatrixReloaded:
In as much as what he wrote sounds true but not actually. If you are in English speaking nation thank your goodness because that language barrier is always an issue. Someone somewhere in Chile is fighting to get a Passport... stay in UK and fight your way up.

Why UK?

Germany offers free education even for people looking to do masters degree.

With Germany, you have access to EU nations

There are other countries that offer free education like Germany

Even if you wan japa, you must not go where others dey.

Person wey dey Russia fit dey enjoy pass person wey wan enter UK all because of laziness not to learn a foreign language.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by hakym619(m): 6:22pm On Aug 28, 2023
Angelfrost:

I don't even see the sense in any sane man pursuing relocation to the UK... That's just a waste of resources. Not when less populated and paying countries are in dire need of a skilled workforce.

Nigerians just like following the bandwagon.

How can any normal person resign a good job with great future prospects just to go join a rat race in UK??! Make una get sense na.

Not when less populated and paying countries are in dire need of a skilled workforce.

@ bolded , what countries are these please?
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by Angelfrost(m): 6:24pm On Aug 28, 2023
hakym619:

Not when less populated and paying countries are in dire need of a skilled workforce.

@ bolded , what countries are these please?

Australia, Canada, Kazakhstan, Portugal, etc.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:26pm On Aug 28, 2023
Angelfrost:

Kaza wetin grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by Angelfrost(m): 6:27pm On Aug 28, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Kaza wetin grin grin

You'll be amazed...! cool
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by hakym619(m): 6:28pm On Aug 28, 2023
Angelfrost:

Kazakhstan?
Wow! I hope they need health workers.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by Nezzjnr: 6:36pm On Aug 28, 2023
77up:
I'm not trying to discourage whoever want to japa but seriously,you people are pushing alot of people into trouble with all these japa syndrome honestly. I wonder how youths don't see new life in farming , tech , entertainment, foods processing and sales including other businesses in Nigeria but we all think japa is the best 😂

If i can invest patry 350k on farming and realized millions , you can do it too and do it more better , stop chicken out guys, stop listening to negative media noise about this country, many are making it big time low key.
You people just talk as if Farming is one easy venture to do.

Please if you have no experience in Agric.. It's better to stay mute.

Go to Abeokuta and Ibadan and see how many farms have been abandoned.

A Friend lost his 15 acres plantain farm to Herdsmen... It's not easy.

If Herdsmen aren't destroying your farm... Farm workers are dealing with you... Glut in the market is another thing... Cost of transporting farm products.

I have a farm and it's not easy

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by apache4: 6:44pm On Aug 28, 2023
Nice 👍

This your post should be at the top of the first page grin shocked shocked

Zooposki:

Yeah, I love the white man’s country too as an African woman. They are the true Alpha males. That’s why I refuse to marry any African man. They can’t develop their countries. I usually feel pity when I see any African lady marrying the loser African men.😋😋
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by Angelfrost(m): 6:44pm On Aug 28, 2023
hakym619:

Kazakhstan?
Wow! I hope they need health workers.

Health workers and teachers... So, I heard.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by tosinhtml: 6:44pm On Aug 28, 2023
DaddyCoool:

Yet Canadians dream of moving to US. Most Canadians who can, move to US!
This life no balance

Because of Salaries. Salaries in the US are 3 times bigger than every where in the world.

If I have a chance & I have work permit. I will move to USA.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by tosinhtml: 6:45pm On Aug 28, 2023
loliapoopy2013:

You are right, my husband is one of them. They think it must be the UK, Canada, and Australia and I ask are Nigerians not doing well in other European countries?

Which other EU countries do you think people are doing better?
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by tyllapia: 6:47pm On Aug 28, 2023
Get yourself a skills that's on any country shortage worker. It may not be a good decision at first but It will be eventually. Nigeria will be better not in the next 50years to come.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by NairaMaster1(m): 6:49pm On Aug 28, 2023
Mindlog:
There are no limited job opportunities if you are skilled in the fields they have shortage in, I am on my second UK skilled worker visa as I switched from my first job.

I went for a blood test in a teaching hospital facility recently, I saw a staff who worked there and knew he was definitely Nigerian, I briefly chatted with him and did check him out on LinkedIn, finding out he was working as a Medical Laboratory Assistant at the hospital where he started working in April and was sponsored from Nigeria by the hospital and he graduated with a Bachelor's degree in Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science/Research and Allied Professions from Ebonyi State University.

If you are highly skilled and it is in demand in the UK, japa!

The problem is the CRK and sociology graduate. They will suffer eeehnnn.

Make people just the run their hand here. Young mem are making the millions here too.

Those of that are doing well stay oooo
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by Mindlog: 6:55pm On Aug 28, 2023
NairaMaster1:

The problem is the CRK and sociology graduate. They will suffer eeehnnn.

Make people just the run their hand here. Young mem are making the millions here too.

Those of that are doing well stay oooo

The Psychology graduate who truly internalized what was taught and graduated well wil not suffer with the right information, not those who studied Psychology as the last option after JAMB has jammed them.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by 77up(m): 6:57pm On Aug 28, 2023
Nezzjnr:

You people just talk as if Farming is one easy venture to do.

Please if you have no experience in Agric.. It's better to stay mute.

Go to Abeokuta and Ibadan and see how many farms have been abandoned.

A Friend lost his 15 acres plantain farm to Herdsmen... It's not easy.

If Herdsmen aren't destroying your farm... Farm workers are dealing with you... Glut in the market is another thing... Cost of transporting farm products.

I have a farm and it's not easy
You do have points actually which is truly some of the hazard of the job but the truth is you can't still run it off, people are still making it big time in farming.

If someone failed in an industry does not mean the industry or everyone there have failed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by 77up(m): 6:59pm On Aug 28, 2023
Calitoscassius:
Mmm.. don't worry i will not come and rob you of your millions. grin
Lolz , it's not even available to rub as it's has gone to something else 🙂
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by diplomat058(m): 7:02pm On Aug 28, 2023
1Sharon:

There will always be jobs for doctors, nurses and engineers.

And auditors/accountants/finance professionals wink

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by TheGift: 7:13pm On Aug 28, 2023
Some Nairaland kids who have never paid
taxes in their lives will still say, you shouldn't advise them, they would rather go and see the suffering for themselves. From frying pan to fire.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by TheGift: 7:16pm On Aug 28, 2023
1Sharon:

There will always be jobs for doctors, nurses and engineers.

Did you hear about nurses and doctors complaining about low working conditions in the UK recently? Did you read that immigrants would be taxed higher than others. Those who Japa now will be the ones bearing the economic weight of the citizenry, and they can still be kicked out.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by Exceed15: 7:23pm On Aug 28, 2023
loliapoopy2013:

I don't know why people don't want to see Sweden as an option, including my husband.

Lol.. Sweden has a stable economy with almost zero crime . Free education for your kids. Places value on family welfare and speak English extremely well.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by 1Sharon(f): 7:24pm On Aug 28, 2023
TheGift:

Did you hear about nurses and doctors complaining about low working conditions in the UK recently? Did you read that immigrants would be taxed higher than others. Those who Japa now will be the ones bearing the economic weight of the citizenry, and they can still be kicked out.

Can you provide me with a source?
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by osothermal(m): 7:40pm On Aug 28, 2023
Mindlog:
There are no limited job opportunities if you are skilled in the fields they have shortage in, I am on my second UK skilled worker visa as I switched from my first job.

I went for a blood test in a teaching hospital facility recently, I saw a staff who worked there and knew he was definitely Nigerian, I briefly chatted with him and did check him out on LinkedIn, finding out he was working as a Medical Laboratory Assistant at the hospital where he started working in April and was sponsored from Nigeria by the hospital and he graduated with a Bachelor's degree in Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science/Research and Allied Professions from Ebonyi State University.leave that one to be saying rubbish. I'm on my second skilled job with mouth watering take home package. I keep telling people the jobs are here only if you have the necessary skills and certifications

If you are highly skilled and it is in demand in the UK, japa!
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by Tzar(m): 7:42pm On Aug 28, 2023
Rubbish! There is no country in the world without a valid reason you shouldn’t relocate there!
If you are convinced that UK is where you will succeed, please go there!
Unlike Indians and Chinese, Nigerians have that evil tendency to burn the bridge they used or lknow others have used to reach their goals in life!

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by Pat081: 7:42pm On Aug 28, 2023
Is not easy that is what those people over there always say but ask them to come back home you will hear over my dead body and you will see them building big houses...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by Nezzjnr: 8:27pm On Aug 28, 2023
77up:
You do have points actually which is truly some of the hazard of the job but the truth is you can't still run it off, people are still making it big time in farming.

If someone failed in an industry does not mean the industry or everyone there have failed.
Farming is highly lucrative.. No doubt.

Infact I'll choose farming to the much talked about Tech again and again.

But the risk is another thing.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by udede(m): 8:31pm On Aug 28, 2023
Kobicove:
Abeg o make una leave them make them go let those of us that want to stay back remain in Nigeria! angry
my problem is that if im able to raise the money these guys spend on relocation, bros im not going anywhere when there are many legit businesses on the internet that can give me $100 every day with just about $500 capital.

Na waa for people ooo
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by MatrixCircle: 8:32pm On Aug 28, 2023
Japa!!!!! if one has the resources.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by Tonnierichy(m): 8:40pm On Aug 28, 2023
crossfm:
Hehehe.

We are experiencing worst over here,so my advice to anyone just like the person above me stated, if you have the means and resources to japa please Japa.

Most people over there even with the condition's mentioned above are still doing way better than people over here.
Una no dey hear until una reach there. Your eye go clear.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by Esiman(m): 9:09pm On Aug 28, 2023
I'd like to know their part to PR. Is it guaranteed after studies?
Exceed15:

Lol.. Sweden has a stable economy with almost zero crime . Free education for your kids. Places value on family welfare and speak English extremely well.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by Esiman(m): 9:11pm On Aug 28, 2023
Mention one. Don't mention forex or crypto trading.
udede:
my problem is that if im able to raise the money these guys spend on relocation, bros im not going anywhere when there are many legit businesses on the internet that can give me $100 every day with just about $500 capital.

Na waa for people ooo

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now by Thedon12: 9:12pm On Aug 28, 2023
I landed with less than 500 pounds. It depends on how you get information and plan yourself. Don't come to UK and be looking for a white collar jobs. There are many jobs you can get in one week of arrival, just let your expectations be realistic.

millionboi2:
your pocket still fresh na.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry / Khalid Al-makura: Drunk Governor’s Son Crushes 6 Persons In Motor Accident / Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.