Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK (63220 Views)

Japa: 10 Countries People NEVER Regret And REGRET Moving To / Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) / JAPA: 10 Groups Of People Who Should Leave Nigeria Immediately (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by uche87(m): 11:49am On Oct 22, 2023
The JAPA syndrome is like an epidemic and it is very contagious. Over the years, I have seen people who don't need to relocate do it. The grass is not always greener on the other side. Even when it is, the species of grass might choke or purge you if you feed on it. The UK and Canada are facing similar challenges. They have been stretched thin by a high migration rate.

Below is a list of people who don't need to JAPA even if it is for free:

(1) Big earners (N2 million and above):

If your monthly salary is in the range of N2 million and above, it might be in your best interest to stay back in Nigeria, except if you are coming with an employment letter with commensurate pay with your local earnings. As of today, the blue-collar jobs that constitute the saving grace of migrants have become scarce. The white collar jobs have also become harder to get due to the high influx of people to the UK.

(2) Corrupt politicians:

If you are a serious contender and not a pretender in politics in Nigeria, you have no business in the UK. You can travel there for tourism purposes anyway. We all know politics in Nigeria is the most lucrative business around. Despite the cash crunch, the members of the House of Representatives still took delivery of 360 brand new exotic cars costing between N160 - N200 million purportedly. Only an established footballer or a mega music star can live like that in the UK. For a footballer, you have to be constantly banging week in and week out like Erling Haaland of Manchester City.

(3) Popular pastors:

If you have a growing religious ministry as a pastor and your position is putting quality meals on your table either directly or indirectly, you should stay back in Nigeria. Culturally, people in the UK don't give. In fact, it is like a taboo to give out money without a concrete reason. They are largely irreligious and no scripture in the Bible can convince them to do so.

(4) Yahoo Boys:

If you are part of the Easy Money Gang, the UK isn't for you. You are advised to remain in Nigeria where you can play 'catch and release' with highly corrupt law enforcement agents. The UK is arguably the most surveilled country in the world. It is a place where action and consequences strictly go hand in hand. If you get caught doing internet fraud, you will head to jail faster than you made it into the country.

(5) Music Artistes:

If you are making reasonable money from the entertainment industry as a musician, Nigeria is the right place for you. Inasmuch as relocating to the UK might give your public profile a boost, your account balance might compete with a mustard seed in terms of size. If music was easy here, Naira Marley would have remained in Peckham, London where has was a kingpin.

(6) Business Owners:

If you are an employer of labour and you have a decent staff strength, you don't need the UK to better your life. All you need is patience and concerted efforts to expand your network. Your business might grow and become a force to be reckoned with in the league of businesses in Nigeria. On the contrary, if you are struggling to pay a monthly salary of N20,000 or N30,000, people leave Nigeria immediately and stop being a part of the Nigerian problem.

(7) Runs Girls:

If you clandestinely work in the informal 'hospitability and pleasure industry', and the job has earned you a car that is uploadable on social media, continue the 'good work'. There is a saying that 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'. Making money with the honeypot is extremely difficult in the UK. Men would rather stay faithful to their wives than pay a nominal leg to a lady for just some minutes or pleasure. You will also face competition from other women who passionately give it out for free. You might have to wait for ages for a footballer to come your way before you can experience the Indian Summer.

(cool Age range: 50 and above:

In my honest opinion, I think relocation suits the youth more compared to the elderly. As an older person, you can only be shielded from economic uncertainties if an unscrupulous politician hides billions of Naira in your bank accounts. If you are in your 50s, life in the UK could frustrate you except you get an executive job. Working your way up as a student, family man, and part-time carer or warehouse staff will be overwhelming for you. I will not be shocked if you wake up one day and decide to run into a moving train or jump out of the window of a high-rise building in a bid to end it all.

(9) Father Abraham:

If you are the father of all nations like Abraham in the Bible, I mean you have many children - the UK might be the wrong destination for you. This is not unconnected to the fact that you would require domestic and family support in catering for them. For domestic support, it is not easily affordable. For family support, it is hard because everyone is busy. A colleague of mine has massive grey hair at such a sound age. I found this very mind-boggling. He recently confided in me that he came to the UK with six biological children of his. Trust me, those hairs will soon start to fall off.

(10) Civil Service Director/Bank Manager:

I will explain this on a personal note. I have met some former Nigerian bank managers hustling in the UK. Their reasons for relocating have never convinced me enough. Most say they did it for the future of their kids, others say it was due to the level of insecurity in Nigeria. In my view, leaving for the UK as a top management staff in the private or public sectors isn't worth it. Your mental health would suffer significantly due to adaptability issues.

On a closing note, before you Japa, get your facts right. Don't do it because people are doing it. What nourishes Emeka's body might incapacitate his brother, Nnamdi. Don't join the long list of attention-seeking Nigerians who hastily relocate and later open the Book of Lamentations on YouTube, just to vent their frustration.

Osahon George Osayimwen is a passionate writer and Psychologist based in England.

164 Likes 29 Shares

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by milonw: 11:58am On Oct 22, 2023
Got me laffing at a point

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Mindlog: 1:21pm On Oct 22, 2023
There is still a lot of job openings in the social care sector here in the UK, especially working with children and young persons though the recruitment process is very detailed with firms that know their onions.
3ice9ce:

He say na Social care sector.

See how this werey dey package housemaid work. grin

This is the second slave trade but this time, slaves are paying their way into slavery.

E be like say those whey come visit you for Aro neuropsychiatric where you are admitted, sneaked in a smartphone for you, reason you have gone ga-ga. cheesycheesy cheesy

"Housemaid work" that after tax, insurance and pension have been deducted for working 160 hours a month, the net salary is equal to that of 80 Nigerian working and earning the minimum wage of N30k. cheesy cheesy

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Olawade24: 4:12pm On Oct 22, 2023
Mindlog:
There is still a lot of job openings in the social care sector here in the UK, especially working with children and young persons though the recruitment process is very detailed with firms that know their onions.

You mean cleaning oyinbo yansh. If that what you mean then aru!!! I rather be a dead man than clean oyinbo yansh.

Tufiakwa. After they colonize us then I will now go to their country and be a slave and recolonize kai tufia.

If is too hard for me to find a Job, I will create one myself here in Nigeria. Pastorpreneur is very lucrative here in Nigeria. You don't even need to own a building or even rent one to start.

153 Likes 17 Shares

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by sofeo(m): 8:22pm On Oct 22, 2023
Alright
Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by NwaNimo1(m): 8:22pm On Oct 22, 2023
11)

A.gbero

P.olitical

C.riminals

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by phemmie06(m): 8:22pm On Oct 22, 2023
If not for our unrepentant dealers called leaders we don't need to go out of our country for greener pasture

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Goodvibes007: 8:23pm On Oct 22, 2023
The UK is not for the faint hearted.

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Templet(m): 8:23pm On Oct 22, 2023
U.K is truly not for everybody

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Holluwhakemmy(f): 8:23pm On Oct 22, 2023
True talk 👄

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by NaijaCover(m): 8:23pm On Oct 22, 2023
Is Here And Following The Thread

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Kobicove(m): 8:23pm On Oct 22, 2023
Another japa thread

Most of the people who claim they are relocating from Nigeria for their kids are talking bullshit as far as I'm concerned undecided

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by 3ice9ce: 8:24pm On Oct 22, 2023
Would you believe that a Magistrate resigned from Nigeria and went to be doing security guard job overseas?
A fool of almost 50 years.

Them don take winter coat and Timberland opress baba for Facebook. grin

157 Likes 16 Shares

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by sonnie10: 8:24pm On Oct 22, 2023
Whether home or abroad, just work hard and stop being lazy.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by ecolime(m): 8:24pm On Oct 22, 2023
Mindlog:
There is still a lot of job openings in the social care sector here in the UK,
How come these Yansh washing roles aren't prevalent in other European countries?

Which kain food una dey chop for UK wey almost all Britons dey need 'social' care?

53 Likes 8 Shares

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Kobicove(m): 8:24pm On Oct 22, 2023
3ice9ce:
Would you believe that a Magistrate resigned from Nigeria and went to be doing security guard job overseas?

Really?

I'm sure he thought he would automatically get a job as a judge in a court over there once he landed grin

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Jestin: 8:24pm On Oct 22, 2023
If you remove all this characteristic from Nigerians, then no one will be left to travel to UK 😂

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by oluwaseunamos33(m): 8:24pm On Oct 22, 2023
Hmmm. According to you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by mannobi(m): 8:24pm On Oct 22, 2023
On a serious note, how do you convince someone that working in the UK as a security guard or rug washer with an income more than a civil servant on level 16 is worse? The truth is most people going to the UK only want to earn enough foreign currency that can be converted to our terrible naira before returning home to enjoy their retirement.
Just imagine that you have to exchange $95,000 to naira right now.
No be you go dey complain about bulaba till his 8 years tenure expires.

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by AntiChristian: 8:25pm On Oct 22, 2023
O Lord! Grant it to me here!

Wetin concern me with japa!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by ipobarecriminals: 8:25pm On Oct 22, 2023
sad
Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by TheRealMalcolmX(m): 8:25pm On Oct 22, 2023
undecided

If only our leaders and followers alike contribute to the development on the country. Who would want to leave the comfort of their country to become slaves in another country?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Irupetepete: 8:25pm On Oct 22, 2023
Wahala
Dem no fit dash me UK make I go

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by 3ice9ce: 8:25pm On Oct 22, 2023
Mindlog:

He say na Social care sector.

See how this werey dey package housemaid work. grin

This is the second slave trade but this time, slaves are paying their way into slavery.

77 Likes 6 Shares

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by SensualMan: 8:25pm On Oct 22, 2023
Ike Ekwrremadu is chilling in the UK and he is a big guy grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by adesegun121(m): 8:26pm On Oct 22, 2023
Seen
Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Zionmdde: 8:26pm On Oct 22, 2023
Thanks a lot OP
It's important that people should know that going because others are going and posting pictures os a recipe for regrets

.on the other hand security in this country? I rest my case

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by AntiChristian: 8:27pm On Oct 22, 2023
Olawade24:

You mean cleaning oyinbo yansh. If that what you mean then aru!!! I rather be a dead man than clean oyinbo yansh.

Tufiakwa. After they colonize us then I will now go to their country and be a slave and recolonize kai tufia.

If is too hard for me to find a Job, I will create one myself here in Nigeria. Pastorpreneur is very lucrative here in Nigeria. You don't even need to own a building or even rent one to start.

You'll earn like N13k per hour!
cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by AngelicBeing: 8:27pm On Oct 22, 2023
Hian
Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by butterfly777(m): 8:27pm On Oct 22, 2023
It is well with Nigeria.

Don't worry, we will soon break up.

Oodua all the way.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by NFBI: 8:27pm On Oct 22, 2023
I always see UK as a dry country i don't know why

33 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations / My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) / Buhari Hotels And Restaurants Spotted In India (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.