Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,816 members, 7,820,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video) (71594 Views)

Nigerian Man Captured Assaulting A Kenyan Woman Deported (Picture) / Edo Woman Deported From Germany With Her 3 Kids, Cries In Lagos (Photos) / My Sister To Be Deported Back To Nigeria On Arrival In Israel This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video) by goodnexlite(m): 11:21pm On Aug 28, 2023
Whoever Posted this Video, Find this Man, I want to Gift him 100k and a Scholarship for His Daughter

5 Likes

Re: Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video) by t2luv1: 11:22pm On Aug 28, 2023
casualobserver:
for him to have spent 20 years, he must have killed somebody….or convicted of drug trafficking for the second time.

If you want to commit a drug crime make sure it's state crime because most states do not have the fund to lock one up for 20yrs. on state drug crime 5 yrs your black ass is out. The exception is Texas. It is a whole other country Texas they ain't lying when they say "DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS" Federal drug charges, On the other hand, partner Uncle Sam prints money so money ain't no problem when they say 20 years just go ahead and book yourself 18yrs and that is still with good behavior.

3 Likes

Re: Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video) by Nursepepeye(f): 11:25pm On Aug 28, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Woah. This 73-year old man did a 20-year bid in the pen.

I dedicate “Thoughts From Da Slammer” by Sinzu (Sauce Kid) to him. Great jam!
you may end up in prison if you continue like this

2 Likes

Re: Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video) by TheCongo2: 11:26pm On Aug 28, 2023
Bricks92:
Really sad story. Small world, I met this man at pinnacle fuel station early this year and he shared a very similar story with me. He told me it was his birthday and offered to wash my car to which i declined but I still offered him a little help. His strong american accent made me engage him in a talk, and also made me want to believe his story that he has lived very long in the states. I am surprised though to hear him mention again on this video that it's his birthday and I'm wondering if that is a line he uses or if it's just a coincidence that this video was shot on the exact same day i met him. I hope things get better for him and pray that God continues to show him mercy.

The bolded part makes me wonder whether the guy's story is true or fake.
I have met a good number of people in the Congo who can speak French with the Parisian accent but they never set foot in Paris.
Coud that be possible that the guy may just be good at mimicking different accent?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video) by seguno2: 11:31pm On Aug 28, 2023
tommy589:
Do the crime do the time

Hope aspiring young criminals do see this video. Move to legit if you are lucky not to get caught

Aspiring young criminals have Pablo Ebola as role model, unfortunately.

Tinubu mistakenly shared flats with drug lords in Chicago: Festus Keyamo

Festus Keyamo, chief spokesman for the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential campaign council, has said Bola Tinubu, the party’s flag bearer, only shared a “block of flats” with notorious cocaine dealers in Chicago, pushing back after the release of court documents that suggested Mr Tinubu’s ties to illicit drug business and money laundering in the United States.

“What happened was that Asiwaju (Bola Tinubu) went to open an account. The address which he used in opening the account was the address used by these people…(sic). I think some blocks of flats. Maybe, he happened to be in that block of flats too.

“So, they now link it that the other people they were investigating for narcotics are in the same address used by Asiwaju to open that account,” Mr Keyamo said on Wednesday on Channels Television programme to exonerate the former Lagos governor from the fresh controversies that had been trailing his involvement in drug peddling.

Peoples Gazette on Tuesday published certified copies of the 1993 case as recently released by the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.

The documents confirmed that the U.S. government had in July 1993 sought forfeiture of proceeds of narcotics Mr Tinubu was accused of laundering. The matter was resolved in a compromise between the Tinubus and the U.S. authorities, with the Tinubus being asked to keep the money in the Heritage Bank account while the $460,000 in the Citibank account was forfeited.

https://gazettengr.com/tinubu-mistakenly-shared-flats-with-drug-lords-in-chicago-festus-keyamo%EF%BF%BC-2/
Re: Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video) by Eriokanmi: 11:33pm On Aug 28, 2023
APOPTOSIS:
America never forgives.
Avoid Crime at all cost.
It's truly a land of opportunities.
That's one country I know where someone can walk in with an empty wallet, a bottle of groundnuts and torn clothes and leave with genuinely acquired wealth.

Just avoid Crime and keep raking the money gradually. It may seem tough at the beginning, of which such is expected for any country but you must surely smile in the end. What I made in America in one year was more than what I made in Nigeria after 10 years of working in the Federal civil service. So pathetic Ogaaa.
I pray you recover from this mental distortion.

2 Things God will surely tell u to avoid in the U.S.
1st...Avoid Bad women @ all cost ( If possible all ladies)
Finally......Avoid Bad Company and Crime.
Thereafter, watch yourself glow with pride...
You can say that again. The opportunity I brought back home has changed my story forever but not everyone could be as determined as i was, especially after seeing and enjoying those good environment and amenities staring you in the face. No be my papa build am, so why can't I also build mine? That was always the thought I had while in America.

You can still make, even much more than that, if you can look inwards and tap any unexplored opportunity over there, then bring it back home. America is a land of opportunities but Nigeria is an earthly paradise and an unsaturated environment. This is a fact those Chinese and Indians who came with a briefcase and a pair of shoes but later became multimillionaire in dollars within a short time wouldn't want you to know about. As our people are japaing, they're thronging Nigeria in droves. We're not seeing what they're seeing obviously.

There's money here, legit. Like I've always told people who are dying over a political appointment, its because they're not busy. Lazy people go into politics.

4 Likes

Re: Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video) by Sweetvie: 11:34pm On Aug 28, 2023
Hmm
Re: Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video) by Omniman(m): 11:37pm On Aug 28, 2023
Or11:
He basically is a convicted armed robber with a beautiful soul. He must have been a dangerous criminal if he can still be deported after spending 20 years legally in US.

Beautiful soul?

This is not instagram, be yourself
Re: Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video) by Yankee101: 11:38pm On Aug 28, 2023
You’re recording a man’s sorrows to go viral
You need heip more
Re: Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video) by falopey: 11:39pm On Aug 28, 2023
Offpointng:

I'm keen to know tho how y'all survive in a land with a very easy access to Guns and Gun killings almost everyday
We survive by minding our business and never get into a fight with anyone because the result of getting into an argument or fight could be unloading gun on each other because they don’t do fist fight here. It’s gun fight

1 Like

Re: Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video) by beejay85: 11:53pm On Aug 28, 2023
pascal558:
Which kind stupid accent the girl dey try use!!! Her accent din make the video irritating.
No bad
Re: Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video) by BigIyanga: 12:07am On Aug 29, 2023
iwaeda:

Village people in action Fear them. Biden should have pardoned him at least for humanity and God's shake. Coming to Nigeria is another prison term. grin grin grin grin
Which kain village people dey stay for Ikoyi😂🤷🏿‍♂️
Re: Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video) by Timetravel88: 12:16am On Aug 29, 2023
The interviewer is obnoxious and repulsive. Which one be come a little closer and talk louder, that's an elderly man, you should show some respect when talking to him. The thing just dey vex me.
Re: Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video) by beejhay69: 12:17am On Aug 29, 2023
Quite pathetic. embarassed
Re: Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video) by OmoNla99: 12:33am On Aug 29, 2023
RaptorX:
Not true Naturalized citizens don't get deported.
As long as you weren’t born in the US, you get immediate deportation after a jail term if convicted for some crimes. Like the man said, gun running, drug peddling, financial fraud etc. This shows you as a threat to the community. Your citizenship is revoked and you get deportation.

3 Likes

Re: Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video) by damzy88: 1:26am On Aug 29, 2023
t2luv1:

I'm going to let you in on a secret when it comes to this land of milk and honey we all call the USA, When coming from Nigeria the first people you happen to stay with upon your arrival will determine 70% of whatever happens to you in this country. If the people are into crime trust me you will be in it too. If they go to school trust me you will go too. If all they do is drive a cab or Uber trust me you will do the same. If they go to church trust me you will too. True

Re: Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video) by klawaaa: 1:35am On Aug 29, 2023
That man won't even think it as some people dey think am here. A lot don dropped through bullet! America is wey too overrated!
MT:

What about "try and avoid stray bullets too" ? grin grin grin grin
Re: Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video) by Odingaoz: 1:47am On Aug 29, 2023
Or11:
He basically is a convicted armed robber with a beautiful soul. He must have been a dangerous criminal if he can still be deported after spending 20 years legally in US.

Nop, deportation has nothing to do with being a dangerous criminal. Legal status at the time he committed the crime is the primary focus.
Re: Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video) by TheCongo2: 1:48am On Aug 29, 2023
t2luv1:

I'm going to let you in on a secret when it comes to this land of milk and honey we all call the USA, When coming from Nigeria the first people you happen to stay with upon your arrival will determine 70% of whatever happens to you in this country. If the people are into crime trust me you will be in it too. If they go to school trust me you will go too. If all they do is drive a cab or Uber trust me you will do the same. If they go to church trust me you will too.

Don’t we all suppose to have some sort of religious belief ?
Re: Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video) by Juju70(m): 2:05am On Aug 29, 2023
Phuk america! And what was his crime Will a white boy who does that same crime be given the same sentence??, 20yrs?? So oga nor fit find better work do na to be gangster! If you want to be a monkey be a gorilla
Re: Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video) by OmoNla99: 2:52am On Aug 29, 2023
Odingaoz:

Nop, deportation has nothing to do with being a dangerous criminal. Legal status at the time he committed the crime is the primary focus.
Being a naturalized citizen can get one deported if one commits certain crimes. Armed robbery is one of it.

2 Likes

Re: Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video) by Bossman(m): 3:31am On Aug 29, 2023
I agree. He likely was involved in a violent crime that resulted in death, or very serious injury. Or convicted of trafficking hard drugs,
casualobserver:
for him to have spent 20 years, he must have killed somebody….or convicted of drug trafficking for the second time.
Re: Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video) by BALLOSKI: 4:15am On Aug 29, 2023
The interviewer is American, too? Why is she "forming" accent and struggling at it? Nigerians sef...
Re: Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video) by BALLOSKI: 4:18am On Aug 29, 2023
Timetravel88:
The interviewer is obnoxious and repulsive. Which one be come a little closer and talk louder, that's an elderly man, you should show some respect when talking to him. The thing just dey vex me.
na d accent wey she de form de vex me.

1 Like

Re: Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video) by linearity: 4:53am On Aug 29, 2023
OmoNla99:

As long as you weren’t born in the US, you get immediate deportation after a jail term if convicted for some crimes. Like the man said, gun running, drug peddling, financial fraud etc. This shows you as a threat to the community. Your citizenship is revoked and you get deportation.

A naturalized citizen cannot be deported.

Only if they renounced their citizen or it gets revoked later if it is found that, they got it fraudulently.

1 Like

Re: Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video) by linearity: 4:56am On Aug 29, 2023
OmoNla99:

Being a naturalized citizen can get one deported if one commits certain crimes. Armed robbery is one of it.

Again not true, a naturalized citizen can only be deported if it is later form they obtain their citizenship fraudulently by a court of law.

1 Like

Re: Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video) by Nobody: 5:08am On Aug 29, 2023
APOPTOSIS:
America never forgives.
Avoid Crime at all cost.
It's truly a land of opportunities.
That's one country I know where someone can walk in with an empty wallet, a bottle of groundnuts and torn clothes and leave with genuinely acquired wealth.

Just avoid Crime and keep raking the money gradually. It may seem tough at the beginning, of which such is expected for any country but you must surely smile in the end. What I made in America in one year was more than what I made in Nigeria after 10 years of working in the Federal civil service. So pathetic Ogaaa.
I pray you recover from this mental distortion.

2 Things God will surely tell u to avoid in the U.S.
1st...Avoid Bad women @ all cost ( If possible all ladies)
Finally......Avoid Bad Company and Crime.
Thereafter, watch yourself glow with pride...
I wish to travel
Re: Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video) by Celepope: 5:16am On Aug 29, 2023
linearity:

Again not true, a naturalized citizen can only be deported if it is later form they obtain their citizenship fraudulently by a court of law.
I detest when people make comments that they aren’t sure of but saying it with all gusto like they really know what they’re saying.This is one of the reasons I don’t like commenting on Nairaland. You’re right. No naturalized citizen can be deported unless they discovered that they got their citizenship illegally, committed espionage against the United States or the person committed a terrorism act against the US. This is something I personally asked my interviewer during my naturalization interview 6 years ago and he confirmed it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video) by Onefornaija24: 5:56am On Aug 29, 2023
falopey:
I moved to Dallas in 2020 in the middle of Covid from Maryland . I went to downtown to meet a Pakistani guy I already bargained to buy a car from to aide my movement in my new environment.

While sitting down at the trainstation for the seller to bring the car, a young guy looking unkept walked up to me. I looked straight in his eyes and recognized he must be a Nigerian because he facially look like a Nigerian. He asked me if I could help him with any amount of money. I asked him also because of his accent, are you a Nigerian? He answered yes. Then he narrated his story that he just got out of prison that very day. Just wandering about not knowing where to go and he had no money.

I asked him, where are you from in Nigeria and he answered Benin. He told me his surname name which I will not mention here because he’s a son of a popular Edo politician that everyone knows.

What took him to jail? Domestic violence took him to jail. His wife was white. He was already a citizen. That’s why he wasn’t deported after he served his time in prison.

It was sad I couldn’t give him any money that day because I only had the exact agreed amount to purchase the car with me and I couldn’t disappoint the Pakistani guy who was already on his way coming to meet me.

This is a lesson to learn. Avoid anything that can land you in American prison

You mean, all non-citizens are deported after conviction?
Re: Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video) by Mrpojj(m): 6:30am On Aug 29, 2023
officialwdhtv:
Man spends over 40years in US, including 20yrs in prison and is deported back to Nigeria

Take a listen!!!

#wetindeyhappentv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsprTtvgBlg
Wrong choice
Fear it.....
Re: Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video) by AbuAeesha: 6:32am On Aug 29, 2023
epondudu:
This should be aired by all the media outlets, infact the national orientation should employ this man ASAP. tongue
U no get job to give am??
Re: Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video) by Kojiek03(m): 6:33am On Aug 29, 2023
What a wasted years

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tanker Explosion In Odukpani, Cross River Kills Many, Injures Others (Graphic) / Lagosians Turn 'Spidermen' To Pass Flooded Road (Photo) / "I Feel So Lonely & Sad" Nigerian Lady Residing In Canada Weeps (pic/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.