Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Owerri Is A Glorified Village: Pictures - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Owerri Is A Glorified Village: Pictures (4212 Views)

Umuahia Town Still Looking Like Glorified Village – Otti / Chike Udensi: Umuahia Not A State Capital But Glorified Village / In New Recording, Amaechi Depicts Lagos As ‘glorified Village’-Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Owerri Is A Glorified Village: Pictures by RIVERS1stson: 2:53pm On Aug 28, 2023
What most Nigerians don’t know is that Owerri is the worst state capital in southern Nigeria.

Owerri has no reasonable infrastructure, most of the infrastructures in Owerri are dilapidated, more especially in the major areas like Orji, Akwakwuna, worldbank, etc.

There’s no meaningful job opportunities in Owerri except you are into hookups, commercial se.x hawking, yahoo yahoo, armed robbery, kidnapping, etc.

Few imo wealthy individuals would rather invest in major cities like Abuja, Lagos, PH, Onitsha and even Enugu than ever investing in Owerri.

Owerri is generally an unplanned, disjointed and a disorganized village full of dilapidated houses, rustic brown roofs, poverty, insecurity, etc, that’s why most imo indigenes are running to Abuja, Lagos, PH, Onitsha, Enugu, Awka, Asaba even Abakaliki, etc, to live but no one is running to live in Owerri.

Owerri doesn’t have any signature infrastructure, the substandard flyover built by Okorocha is not functional and has since been turned to motorpark and market.

It is time imo leaders develop Owerri and imo state in general so that imo indigenes can have a homeland to return to instead visiting home once a year and return to their base .

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Owerri Is A Glorified Village: Pictures by izonborn098(m): 2:58pm On Aug 28, 2023
Oga everywhere in a city will not develop/change one day...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owerri Is A Glorified Village: Pictures by Sonia2212(f): 2:58pm On Aug 28, 2023
Owerri people are good to me

3 Likes

Re: Owerri Is A Glorified Village: Pictures by Nightwolf1: 3:00pm On Aug 28, 2023
One animal is on the loose.🤡🤡🤡🤡

15 Likes

Re: Owerri Is A Glorified Village: Pictures by BeijinDossier: 3:08pm On Aug 28, 2023
This shouldn’t be news because almost everyone knows that Owerri is a typical village

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Owerri Is A Glorified Village: Pictures by ElSudani: 3:10pm On Aug 28, 2023
Who built the bridge in the last picture? Some people needs to be sent to jail.
By the way, I see lots of brown roofs.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Owerri Is A Glorified Village: Pictures by KwuoteYourFada: 3:10pm On Aug 28, 2023
BeijinDossier:
This shouldn’t be news because almost everyone knows that Owerri is a typical village

Says someone haven't left his dad's dilapidated building in Bere Ibadan

14 Likes

Re: Owerri Is A Glorified Village: Pictures by BeijinDossier: 3:16pm On Aug 28, 2023
I am from mbaise so stop deceiving yourself whenever you hear the truth

KwuoteYourFada:

Says someone haven't left his dad's dilapidated building in Bere Ibadan

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Owerri Is A Glorified Village: Pictures by tribalmall: 3:25pm On Aug 28, 2023
If that is the case can we now agree the entire Igbo tribe happen to be animal on the lose the way you all rejoice when the photo is about Ibadan.

Nightwolf1:
One animal is on the loose.🤡🤡🤡🤡

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owerri Is A Glorified Village: Pictures by gammarays(m): 4:06pm On Aug 28, 2023
RIVERS1stson:
What most Nigerians don’t know is that Owerri is the worst state capital in southern Nigeria.

Owerri has no reasonable infrastructure, most of the infrastructures in Owerri are dilapidated, more especially in the major areas like Orji, Akwakwuna, worldbank, etc.

There’s no meaningful job opportunities in Owerri except you are into hookups, commercial se.x hawking, yahoo yahoo, armed robbery, kidnapping, etc.

Few imo wealthy individuals would rather invest in major cities like Abuja, Lagos, PH, Onitsha and even Enugu than ever investing in Owerri.

Owerri is generally an unplanned, disjointed and a disorganized village full of dilapidated houses, rustic brown roofs, poverty, insecurity, etc, that’s why most imo indigenes are running to Abuja, Lagos, PH, Onitsha, Enugu, Awka, Asaba even Abakaliki, etc, to live but no one is running to live in Owerri.

Owerri doesn’t have any signature infrastructure, the substandard flyover built by Okorocha is not functional and has since been turned to motorpark and market.

It is time imo leaders develop Owerri and imo state in general so that imo indigenes can have a homeland to return to instead visiting home once a year and return to their base .
Well since APC Rochas and Hope Uzodinma took over Imo state, the once clean and wonderful state is in Ruins.

However, it's not the worst state capital unless you've not toured the country, according to Nigerian standard, it's 5/10.

4 Likes

Re: Owerri Is A Glorified Village: Pictures by Smitaro100(m): 4:13pm On Aug 28, 2023
grin

1 Like

Re: Owerri Is A Glorified Village: Pictures by CJStarz: 4:50pm On Aug 28, 2023
Okorocha beautified Owerri but successive governments couldn't continue due to unnecessary vendetta
Re: Owerri Is A Glorified Village: Pictures by opamoses1: 4:53pm On Aug 28, 2023
Wait till you see Abia and Enugu.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owerri Is A Glorified Village: Pictures by Addme: 4:55pm On Aug 28, 2023
ElSudani:
Who built the bridge in the last picture? Some people needs to be sent to jail.
By the way I see lots of brown roofs
Seriously I'm confused oo. I thought they said there is no brown roof in the entire South East?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owerri Is A Glorified Village: Pictures by opamoses1: 4:56pm On Aug 28, 2023
Addme:

Seriously I'm confused oo. I thought they said there is no brown roof in the entire South East?
Don't tell me you believe those lies. Check the brown roofs of Enugu in the thread below grin

https://www.nairaland.com/7299051/enugu-not-ibadan-pictures-video

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owerri Is A Glorified Village: Pictures by DonXavi(m): 4:59pm On Aug 28, 2023
d
Re: Owerri Is A Glorified Village: Pictures by DevilsEqual(m): 5:14pm On Aug 28, 2023
opamoses1:
Wait till you see Abia and Enugu.

Omo...but this people worst o

See wetin their Govs dey do in 21st century

Spatialking, ogene001 and Lagosprince...come see something

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owerri Is A Glorified Village: Pictures by BOSSkesh(m): 5:16pm On Aug 28, 2023
Lol I thought y’all chestbeating southeasterners claim is bigger and better than Lagos
Where are the people that like to laugh at the southwest
Is it not brown roof that is everywhere abi my eye is paining me
Lmao enjoy your paradise

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owerri Is A Glorified Village: Pictures by BOSSkesh(m): 5:17pm On Aug 28, 2023
No infrastructure
Dirty roads
Gutter and smelling environment
Brown roof everywhere
Is this the place that this pigs say is better than Lagos
Why won’t they enjoy their ala-Igbo in peace
Dirty smelling people
Spits

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owerri Is A Glorified Village: Pictures by BOSSkesh(m): 5:17pm On Aug 28, 2023
Let’s laugh at

And his cohorts
Look at brown roof everywhere, dirty disease infested environment
Girls with high body count
Yahoo yahoo
Kidnapping and rituals
Prostitution
Hookup
Ahhhhhh
Jobless people
Spits and walks out
Rubbish

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Owerri Is A Glorified Village: Pictures by LivingSage: 5:17pm On Aug 28, 2023
Whenever I read SE people attacking SW of being Brown roof republic, I laugh.

If you've not been there, you would think there's no single brown roof even in their State capitals.

I've been to Awka, Enugu and abakaliki, brown roof isn't hidden in those State capitals, we have plenty of it, especially in Enugu

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owerri Is A Glorified Village: Pictures by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 28, 2023
Everywhere in Nigeria has brown roofs but those miscreants will make it out like only Yoruba have brown roofs and their region is Dubai

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owerri Is A Glorified Village: Pictures by Ibrahimcoomasie: 5:19pm On Aug 28, 2023
DevilsEqual:

They love to project their own faults (which is in multiple folds) on others.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owerri Is A Glorified Village: Pictures by DevilsEqual(m): 5:20pm On Aug 28, 2023
opamoses1:

Don't tell me you believe those lies. Check the brown roofs of Enugu in the thread below grin

https://www.nairaland.com/7299051/enugu-not-ibadan-pictures-video

Bro, I check out this thread and i wan crase

See as Enugu be...These guys are fuvking dirty

Spits on their flatskulls... Taylor90, come see something

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owerri Is A Glorified Village: Pictures by DevilsEqual(m): 5:23pm On Aug 28, 2023
Ibrahimcoomasie:

They love to project their own faults (which is in multiple folds) on others.

Bro, I shock

These guys socalled paradise is just like a desolated area where WW2 took place

Well, I dey stay Anambra and if i tell u how things be for here shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owerri Is A Glorified Village: Pictures by EmekaA125(m): 5:40pm On Aug 28, 2023
DevilsEqual:

Bro, I shock

Well, I dey stay Anambra and if i tell u how things be for here shocked shocked shocked
Lol, there's no brown roof in SouthEast.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owerri Is A Glorified Village: Pictures by Longinyamapucci(m): 6:02pm On Aug 28, 2023
RIVERS1stson:

Using rivers Igbo land creating useless threads in poor oshogbo Yoruba land are you not tired of Igbo issues.

Don't allow hate to kill you Yoruba Muslim...you can never be like us.

3 Likes

Re: Owerri Is A Glorified Village: Pictures by AbuBabz: 6:07pm On Aug 28, 2023
BeijinDossier:
I am from mbaise so stop deceiving yourself whenever you hear the truth

e SHOCK 🤯 YOUR GUY OHH grin grin angry, HIS GUESS REALLY DECIEVE AM
Re: Owerri Is A Glorified Village: Pictures by AbuBabz: 6:11pm On Aug 28, 2023
DevilsEqual:

Bro, I shock

Please don't expose Anambra own ohh, angry grin grin E go CAST SOME of them wey wan dey claim indegiene for Lagos state ohhh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owerri Is A Glorified Village: Pictures by Bestmanfornow: 6:16pm On Aug 28, 2023
DevilsEqual:

Bro, I shock

You stay Anamabra indeed, Anu do you know road to River Niger bridge, Anamabra always giving slum dwellers sleepless night

3 Likes

Re: Owerri Is A Glorified Village: Pictures by SpatialKing(m): 6:53pm On Aug 28, 2023
DevilsEqual:

Everyone knows that APC since the time of Rochas destroyed Imo State in general
Re: Owerri Is A Glorified Village: Pictures by Ceasarceasar: 7:09pm On Aug 28, 2023
Hahah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hate Him Or Love Him; This Is The Best INVESTIGATIVE Journalist In Nigeria. / Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over / Ndlea Arrest Three Bolivians In Mathamphetamine Factory Bust Up In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.