Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Edo 2024 Face-Off: Obaseki Disbands Deputy Gov, Shaibu's Media Team - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo 2024 Face-Off: Obaseki Disbands Deputy Gov, Shaibu's Media Team (13660 Views)

He Will Need An Interpreter As Gov – Shaibu Shades PDP Candidate, Asue Ighodalo / We Will Not Allow You Walk Alone – APC Tells Impeached Deputy Gov, Shaibu / I was impeached because I wanted to be Governor' - Former Edo Deputy-Gov, Shaibu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo 2024 Face-Off: Obaseki Disbands Deputy Gov, Shaibu's Media Team by Edo2020: 8:40pm On Aug 28, 2023
Previous thread: https://www.nairaland.com/7820132/obaseki-shaibus-rift-get-messier#125420198

The Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, has ordered the disbandment of the media crew attached to the Office of the Deputy Governor, Rt Hon Comrade Philip Shaibu, with immediate effect.

This is coming after the deputy governor's media crew were on Monday restricted from accessing Victor Uwaifo Creative Hub in Benin, venue of the colloquium organised by the state government to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the Midwest Referendum which birthed Edo and Delta States.

In a statement Monday night issued by Mr. Chris Osa Nehikhare, Commissioner for Communication and Orientation, the Governor directed the Ministry of Communication and Orientation to step in and offer media coverage for the deputy governor's office henceforth.

The statement reads, “Edo State Government has disbanded the media crew attached to the Office of the Deputy Governor, with a directive to the Deputy Governor to henceforth request the Ministry of Communication and Orientation for media coverage of activities of his office.

“This directive followed the ugly and unfortunate incident that happened during the colloquium held to mark the 60th anniversary of Midwest Referendum celebration held at the Sir Victor Uwaifo Creative Hub and Soundstage, where some journalists, who claimed to be the media crew of the Deputy Governor, attempted to force their way into the hall where the governor and other invited dignitaries were already seated.

“This act was contrary to the accredited protocol that had been established for the media coverage of the event.

“The orchestrated and stage managed walkout and disruption is highly regrettable.”

Security personnel believed to be attached to Office of the Governor on Monday barred journalists attached to the Deputy Governor’s Office from accessing venue of the 60th anniversary celebration of the Midwest Referendum in Benin City, the Edo State capital.

Shaibu had arrived venue of the event ahead of Governor Obaseki alongside his media crew and made entry into the hall. However, moments later, the crew members were reportedly ejected from the venue, by security personnel, said to be acting on instructions.

Trouble started moments into the event as the Deputy Governor who upon realising that his media crew were not with him at the program exited the hall to fetch his team and were making a return to the hall when security personnel led by the Governor's Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Alfred Okungbowa, barricaded them.

In a trending video seen by this Newspaper, one of the Governor’s media aides could be seen preventing the Deputy Governor’s media crew from accessing venue of the event, citing "order from above", while calling for backup from the Government House's Chief Security Officer (CSO).

All efforts made by the Deputy Governor to ensure that his media crew were admitted in the venue were futile as he was blatantly told by the security personnel that they were simply acting on an “instruction from above”, as seen in the trending video.

At that point, Shaibu, it was observed, told his retinue of aides and the affected journalists that he could not be in an event where his media crew are barred. He subsequently exited the venue and drove out alongside his team without speaking to the press.

https://metrowatchxtra.com/2023/08/28/edo-2024-face-off-obaseki-disbands-deputy-govs-media-team-metrowatch/

4 Likes

Re: Edo 2024 Face-Off: Obaseki Disbands Deputy Gov, Shaibu's Media Team by Edo2020: 8:40pm On Aug 28, 2023
Thoughts?
Re: Edo 2024 Face-Off: Obaseki Disbands Deputy Gov, Shaibu's Media Team by aQUINandmore: 8:43pm On Aug 28, 2023
I want obaseki to be my sugar daddy.
I love you baby kiss kiss

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo 2024 Face-Off: Obaseki Disbands Deputy Gov, Shaibu's Media Team by Chinjo2: 8:45pm On Aug 28, 2023
I just like the way Obaseki is handling Shaibu. Shaibu is trying to play wike in Edo all because of his selfish ambition.
It is Obaseki that gave him all the powers in the first place that is why he is misbehaving.
If I may ask, who was the deputy governor of Rivers State under wike? Them born Odubu to talk when Oshiomholes was governor? Who was the deputy governor of Kaduna State under El-rufai?
It is because of Obaseki has been playing gentleman politics where he sees Shaibu as his partner in the business of governance that's why Shaibu thinks he has arrived.
How many deputy governors in Nigeria took over from their ogas?
You don't become a governor by fighting your Boss but through loyalty. Besides, it's not yet time for the Auchis after Oshiomholes 8 years as governor.

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Edo 2024 Face-Off: Obaseki Disbands Deputy Gov, Shaibu's Media Team by MAKAPOLY: 8:56pm On Aug 28, 2023
There is something about this Obaseki that reeks of betrayal and politics with bitterness.

As for Shaibu, I know it will come to this, he didn't only bite the fingers that fed him but also burnt all bridges.

I know he will easily put the disbanded media guys on his personal payroll, but this time around, not for professional engagements but for inside job propaganda against his boss.

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2024 Face-Off: Obaseki Disbands Deputy Gov, Shaibu's Media Team by adekolaelect(m): 9:01pm On Aug 28, 2023
Chinjo2:
I just like the way Obaseki is handling Shaibu. Shaibu is trying to play wike in Edo all because of his selfish ambition.
It is Obaseki that gave him all the powers in the first place that is why he is misbehaving.
If I may ask, who was the deputy governor of Rivers State under wike? Them born Odubu to talk when Oshiomholes was governor? Who was the deputy governor of Kaduna State under El-rufai?
It is because of Obaseki has been playing gentleman politics where he sees Shaibu as his partner in the business of governance that's why Shaibu thinks he has arrived.
You don't become a governor by fighting your Boss but through loyalty. Besides, it's not yet time for the Auchis after Oshiomholes 8 years as governor.
I hope you said this too when Obaseki and Osho baba join Issues ?

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo 2024 Face-Off: Obaseki Disbands Deputy Gov, Shaibu's Media Team by Chinjo2: 9:15pm On Aug 28, 2023
adekolaelect:
I hope you said this too when Obaseki and Osho baba join Issues ?

You know nothing about Edo politics.
Oshiomholes wanted to play godfather in Edo but he was rejected. Oshiomhole rode on the back of no godfather in Edo state to become governor and he want to be a godfather to Obaseki and the Edo people resisted it.
Secondly, after Oshiomholes an Auchi man had spent 8 years, he doesn't want Obaseki to complete his own 8 years that was why we resisted Oshiomholes and insisted that it must be 4X4 (Togba) besides, it will also alter the political calculation in Edo state as Ize Iyamu whom Oshiomholes once called a thief and cultist will now start counting his own 8 years which will give Edo South 12 years uninterrupted years as governor.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo 2024 Face-Off: Obaseki Disbands Deputy Gov, Shaibu's Media Team by Chinjo2: 9:16pm On Aug 28, 2023
MAKAPOLY:
There is something about this Obaseki that reeks of betrayal and politics with bitterness.

As for Shaibu, I know it will come to this, he didn't only bite the fingers that fed him but also burnt all bridges.

I know he will easily put the disbanded media guys on his personal payroll, but this time around, not for professional engagements but for inside job propaganda against his boss.

Not correct sir. It was Shaibu that betrayed Obaseki. PDP asked Obaseki to pick a member of PDP as his deputy but he said no. He insisted on picking Shaibu. Why didn't Obaseki sacrifice Shaibu then just to get PDP ticket?

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo 2024 Face-Off: Obaseki Disbands Deputy Gov, Shaibu's Media Team by Ofunaofu: 9:25pm On Aug 28, 2023
grin
Re: Edo 2024 Face-Off: Obaseki Disbands Deputy Gov, Shaibu's Media Team by cenaman(m): 9:32pm On Aug 28, 2023
Obaseki should leave shaibu alone. Shaibu will be a better governor than Obaseki.

5 Likes

Re: Edo 2024 Face-Off: Obaseki Disbands Deputy Gov, Shaibu's Media Team by Parachoko: 9:33pm On Aug 28, 2023
Nice One

Some Orchins were saying Shuaibu is very rugged and will retire Oshiobaba in Edo North and Edo in General. let's see if he will be able to survive the Onslaught from Obaseki.

Edo No be Lagos

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo 2024 Face-Off: Obaseki Disbands Deputy Gov, Shaibu's Media Team by Jostoman: 10:22pm On Aug 28, 2023
This fight is getting out of hand o

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2024 Face-Off: Obaseki Disbands Deputy Gov, Shaibu's Media Team by ican2020: 10:27pm On Aug 28, 2023
This uncalled for

1 Like

Re: Edo 2024 Face-Off: Obaseki Disbands Deputy Gov, Shaibu's Media Team by nairalee(m): 6:20am On Aug 29, 2023
Betrayer blockading betrayer from betraying him

10 Likes

Re: Edo 2024 Face-Off: Obaseki Disbands Deputy Gov, Shaibu's Media Team by BluntCrazeMan: 6:20am On Aug 29, 2023
E don Set
Re: Edo 2024 Face-Off: Obaseki Disbands Deputy Gov, Shaibu's Media Team by wittywriter: 6:24am On Aug 29, 2023
In Fela's voice >>> rofo-roof fight.

Wittyness
Re: Edo 2024 Face-Off: Obaseki Disbands Deputy Gov, Shaibu's Media Team by Betanaija42moro: 6:25am On Aug 29, 2023
War without end
Re: Edo 2024 Face-Off: Obaseki Disbands Deputy Gov, Shaibu's Media Team by mytime24(f): 6:26am On Aug 29, 2023
Nawa
Re: Edo 2024 Face-Off: Obaseki Disbands Deputy Gov, Shaibu's Media Team by Wizywiz(m): 6:31am On Aug 29, 2023
Rumuokoro don catch fire..
Dem don kill abobi ooo grin grin

Una good morning oooo..

4 Likes

Re: Edo 2024 Face-Off: Obaseki Disbands Deputy Gov, Shaibu's Media Team by BALLOSKI: 6:32am On Aug 29, 2023
Obaseki is holding his gauntlet.

Who's that preferred candidate of Obaseki that he's ready to pulverize his once loyal ally in the person of philip Shuaibu to make sure the person succeeds him?

What Shuaibu did to Oshomhole is coming back to him. What Wike and the other governors did to help Obaseki to fight Oshomhole came back to him. What Obaseki did to Oshomhole would be done to him.

What goes around comes around.

God, I pray not to be in a position to betray anyone. I pray that my loyalty to not be tested.

7 Likes

Re: Edo 2024 Face-Off: Obaseki Disbands Deputy Gov, Shaibu's Media Team by BALLOSKI: 6:35am On Aug 29, 2023
nairalee:
Betrayer blockading betrayer from betraying him
If there's not growing demand for power to return to the central, Shuaibu could have cashed in on this popularity.

He practically embarrassed Oshomhole, his brother. Now he's lonely. I have no pity for him.

Obaseki no look like good man for face sef.

9 Likes

Re: Edo 2024 Face-Off: Obaseki Disbands Deputy Gov, Shaibu's Media Team by NzogbuNzogbu: 6:37am On Aug 29, 2023
Lol

It's like kogi election no dey exist na Edo own next year be the Koko

Meanwhile obaseki and shaibu should both go home

1 Like

Re: Edo 2024 Face-Off: Obaseki Disbands Deputy Gov, Shaibu's Media Team by Ashirioluwa: 6:38am On Aug 29, 2023
Politics and democracy in Nigeria is on a different level.
Re: Edo 2024 Face-Off: Obaseki Disbands Deputy Gov, Shaibu's Media Team by Kpilo101: 6:40am On Aug 29, 2023
Na rat for house dey call others say food dey. Nobody will ever believe that Philip will betray Oshiomole in Edo state. Not even Obaseki because even Oshiomole was warned by the cause in the family (betrayal) but he insisted on him. Now, is Philip coming back to Apc? Time will tell.

1 Like

Re: Edo 2024 Face-Off: Obaseki Disbands Deputy Gov, Shaibu's Media Team by NzogbuNzogbu: 6:40am On Aug 29, 2023
Chinjo2:
lol, imagine shaibu first even get him own media team while see finish no go come

He must definitely have propaganda arm to run parallel government be that

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2024 Face-Off: Obaseki Disbands Deputy Gov, Shaibu's Media Team by NzogbuNzogbu: 6:42am On Aug 29, 2023
Kpilo101:
Na rat for house dey call others say food dey. Nobody will ever believe that Philip will betray Oshiomole in Edo state. Not even Obaseki because even Oshiomole was warned by the cause in the family (betrayal) but he insisted on him. Now, is Philip coming back to Apc? Time will tell.
how oshomole go ever fit open mouth and tell his party members with him since say Dem no fit, it's Philip that is fit

You sef reason am
Re: Edo 2024 Face-Off: Obaseki Disbands Deputy Gov, Shaibu's Media Team by NzogbuNzogbu: 6:44am On Aug 29, 2023
BALLOSKI:
If there's not growing demand for power to return to the central, Shuaibu could have cashed in on this popularity.

He practically embarrassed Oshomhole, his brother. Now he's lonely. I have no pity for him.

Obaseki no look like good man for face sef.
bro without the central clamour, there is no way Philip can twist this

Everybody know say obaseki really stood by him, secondly we are tired of the Philip say you know how many filling station he don obtain for Benin

He is a thief, we need new face

1 Like

Re: Edo 2024 Face-Off: Obaseki Disbands Deputy Gov, Shaibu's Media Team by gift01: 6:51am On Aug 29, 2023
Edo truly no be Lagos
Re: Edo 2024 Face-Off: Obaseki Disbands Deputy Gov, Shaibu's Media Team by 7arrows: 6:54am On Aug 29, 2023
cenaman:
Obaseki should leave shaibu alone. Shaibu will be a better governor than Obaseki.

That's in your opinion but I say not true

1 Like

Re: Edo 2024 Face-Off: Obaseki Disbands Deputy Gov, Shaibu's Media Team by IboHausaYoruba: 6:58am On Aug 29, 2023
Hmmn! Bitting the hand that stayed by you during your adversities. If not for Shuaibu, Obaseki will be nobody today. Oshiomhole really saw what we all did not but we were all blindfolded by emotion and hatred. I will just advise Philip to quickly port to LP and play the same card Obaseki played on APC then, I see him winning the election.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2024 Face-Off: Obaseki Disbands Deputy Gov, Shaibu's Media Team by Dshocker(m): 6:58am On Aug 29, 2023
aQUINandmore:
I want obaseki to be my sugar daddy.
I love you baby kiss kiss

No hope and future for an average Nigerian girl...

Only if God had put an outright death to anyone that indulges in premarital sex, by now, Nigerian girls will be hard working with legit hustle.

Ashawo no be work

1 Like

Re: Edo 2024 Face-Off: Obaseki Disbands Deputy Gov, Shaibu's Media Team by Babathanks(m): 6:59am On Aug 29, 2023
Chinjo2:

You know nothing about Edo politics.
Oshiomholes wanted to play godfather in Edo but he was rejected. Oshiomhole rode on the back of no godfather in Edo state to become governor and he want to be a godfather to Obaseki and the Edo people resisted it.
Secondly, after Oshiomholes an Auchi man had spent 8 years, he doesn't want Obaseki to complete his own 8 years that was why we resisted Oshiomholes and insisted that it must be 4X4 (Togba) besides, it will also alter the political calculation in Edo state as Ize Iyamu whom Oshiomholes once called a thief and cultist will now start counting his own 8 years which will give Edo South 12 years uninterrupted years as governor.
Na by this one😉😳? You guys should be voting for capable candidates not tribes/region. Edo know be lagos true true o 😂

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Hiv Aids A Biological Weapon Against Black People ? / Gaddafi Flies In Black Africans To Quell Protests As Libya Descends Into Anarchy / Arewa Youths Assembly Calls For Postponement Of The 2023 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.