Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,264 members, 7,815,433 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Banks, 18 Others, Fined N125m For Late Filings - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks, 18 Others, Fined N125m For Late Filings (13883 Views)

NIN As The New Means Of ID For Pre And Post Incorporation Filings / Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion / Shell, Eni Preempt Any U.S. Probe Over Nigeria With Filings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Banks, 18 Others, Fined N125m For Late Filings by ijustdey: 9:04pm On Aug 28, 2023
At least eight banks and 18 other listed companies have been fined N125m for failing to file their 2022 audited financial statements and quarterly reports for the first half of 2023 as required by Nigerian Exchange, The PUNCH findings have revealed.

The affected banks were Unity Bank, FBN Holdings, Access Holdings, Fidelity Bank, Jaiz Bank, Wema Bank, Guaranty Trust Holdings Plc and Ecobank Transnational Incorporated.

John Holt, PZ Cussons, Notore Chemical, Glaxo SmithKline Consumer Nigeria, Industrial Medical and Gases Nigeria and Juli Plc were also affected by the sanction.

According to the NGX’s post-listing rules, quoted companies are required to submit their audited results, not later than 90 calendar days, or three months, after the expiration of the period. The rules also require quoted companies to submit interim reports not later than 30 calendar days after the end of the relevant period.

Based on the latest X – Compliance Report issued by the regulatory arm of the NGX, FBN Holdings was fined for delay in submitting its 2022 financial results and its quarter one report for 2023. The lender paid N6.3m for the former offence and paid N3.3m for the latter.

For failing to submit its 2022 results on time, Unity Bank paid N6.4m and another N3.4m for the delay in submitting its interim reports for Q1, 2023.

The report showed that Fidelity Bank, GTCO and Wema Bank paid N2.7m, N1.4m, and N1.9m, respectively as fines.

While Access Holdings paid N2m, Jaiz Bank, Ecobank, and John Holt coughed out N600,000, N3.2m and N3.2m, respectively as penalties.

The NGX fined PZ Cussons N4.8m, Notore Chemical paid N500,000 and GSK, which announced the closure of its operations in Nigeria also paid a fine of N1.3m for failing to file its 2022 financial results as and when due.

Others also sanctioned for delay in filing their 2022 audited accounts include Industrial Medical and Gases Nigeria, which paid a fine of N1.2m, Juli Plc paid a penalty of N120,000 and NPF Microfinance Bank paid a fine of N1.8m.

The regulator also sanctioned Daar Communications, paying N1.7m fine, Champion Breweries and Abbey Mortgage Bank Plc were also fined N1.6m and N1.4m, respectively.

Regency Alliance Insurance and Thomas Wyatt Nigeria also paid N1.4m and N4.9m fines, respectively, for the same offence.

The NGX hammer also fell on Presco Plc (N24.8m); Ardova (N18.6m) and Universal Insurance Plc (N12.4) for flouting the filing regulations.

Conoil was also fined N7.9m for not filing its results within the stipulated period, while Caverton Offshore Support Group paid N5.7m as a penalty for the same offence.

Telecommunications services firm, Briclinks Africa Plc also cough out N590,000 fine during this period.

The Vice-chairman of Highcap Securities, David Adonri, said the fines were necessary to maintain the sanctity of the market.

“A lot of them relate to corporate disclosures. The capital market is information-driven. There is certain information that the listed companies must disclose at the appropriate time. If a company realised that it may not be able to disclose such information, the company can send a request to the exchange requesting additional time

https://punchng.com/banks-18-others-fined-n125m-for-late-filings/

9 Likes

Re: Banks, 18 Others, Fined N125m For Late Filings by TemplarLandry: 9:05pm On Aug 28, 2023
cool

1 Like

Re: Banks, 18 Others, Fined N125m For Late Filings by Isokotolopia: 9:21pm On Aug 28, 2023
They all deserve it, esp financial institutions

4 Likes

Re: Banks, 18 Others, Fined N125m For Late Filings by Wealthoptulent(m): 9:36pm On Aug 28, 2023
Aah!
Lil compared to documents altered in gap Time cheesy
They covered Billions, u fined millions

8 Likes

Re: Banks, 18 Others, Fined N125m For Late Filings by IamPlato(m): 9:37pm On Aug 28, 2023
Re: Banks, 18 Others, Fined N125m For Late Filings by YorubaPrince: 9:37pm On Aug 28, 2023
Awon werey dey form discipline... grin

GSK wey don commot 9ja. dey play...

7 Likes

Re: Banks, 18 Others, Fined N125m For Late Filings by cenaman(m): 9:38pm On Aug 28, 2023
All eye on the judiciary.

3 Likes

Re: Banks, 18 Others, Fined N125m For Late Filings by oluwaseyi0: 9:38pm On Aug 28, 2023
yet CBN will publish there own financial activities once in a blue moon
Re: Banks, 18 Others, Fined N125m For Late Filings by gbaskiboy: 9:38pm On Aug 28, 2023
Financial institutions will worry less they know where to recover their money from..

12 Likes

Re: Banks, 18 Others, Fined N125m For Late Filings by Nasri100(m): 9:39pm On Aug 28, 2023
They will recover all these from their customers.

Using a commercial bank in Nigeria these days is suicide with their fraudulent charges according to what i read on twitter.

No wonder Nigerians are embracing online only checking accounts like OPAY.

11 Likes

Re: Banks, 18 Others, Fined N125m For Late Filings by Ibile77(m): 9:40pm On Aug 28, 2023
Ghost
Re: Banks, 18 Others, Fined N125m For Late Filings by Parachoko: 9:43pm On Aug 28, 2023
The same Glaxo SmithKline Consumer Nigeria that wants to leave Nigeria? The fines too small

2 Likes

Re: Banks, 18 Others, Fined N125m For Late Filings by sam2023: 9:47pm On Aug 28, 2023
Tinubu should expel ngalele because he has no feelings for the masses. Probably he is living in USA only come to nigeria to take appointment. They way he talk on fuel issued attention to that. He was saying even if refineries are revived its cost will not come down. His statement is against economics

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks, 18 Others, Fined N125m For Late Filings by Nazgul: 9:47pm On Aug 28, 2023
Nigerian exchange should take it easy on these companies. Most of them are barely managing to keep their head afloat in this horrible economy and you're still dishing out penalties....the government is no being fair.

3 Likes

Re: Banks, 18 Others, Fined N125m For Late Filings by atobs4real(m): 9:47pm On Aug 28, 2023
Better.
They know how to charge dubiously then they deserved it
Re: Banks, 18 Others, Fined N125m For Late Filings by atobs4real(m): 9:49pm On Aug 28, 2023
Better.
Gtb charges are crazy charges.
When I transfer 1k to someone, they charge around 30naira on the poor customer

3 Likes

Re: Banks, 18 Others, Fined N125m For Late Filings by BluntCrazeMan: 9:49pm On Aug 28, 2023
Hmm

Ok oo..

I STILL WONDER WHY GOVERNMENTS AND PUBLIC INSTITUTIONS (AND GOVERNMENT INSTITUTIONS) DO NOT SUBMIT AND FILE THEIR OWN AUDITED FINANCIAL RECORDS...

YET THEY ARE BUSY FINING PRIVATE FIRMS FOR REFUSING TO FILE THEIR AUDITED FINANCIAL RECORDS WITHIN SOME STIPULATED TIMELINES..
Re: Banks, 18 Others, Fined N125m For Late Filings by Goldbw122(m): 9:49pm On Aug 28, 2023
atobs4real:
Better.
We are the one that will still suffer it, through charges, I just watch the charges will increase..
Re: Banks, 18 Others, Fined N125m For Late Filings by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:50pm On Aug 28, 2023
Ok, noted.
Re: Banks, 18 Others, Fined N125m For Late Filings by Vokallond1(m): 9:51pm On Aug 28, 2023
125m is too much
Re: Banks, 18 Others, Fined N125m For Late Filings by Creamypie(m): 9:52pm On Aug 28, 2023
When them never reconcilt stealing for account balance. Imagine access bank stealing secretly from my account without alerts. They also steal extra 1500# from my account when I recharge cell line. I complain to them, them promise to resolve it, no way, till I block my account, report CBN with screenshots of the thefts, b4 these idiots call me with their care line, I Clear em say I block am, so as I open new account, for another trustworthy bank, I go move every dime in it, and that I wouldn't want my account to be pilfered b4 then. The idiots begin beg, I just cut d call. Access bank na criminal bank

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks, 18 Others, Fined N125m For Late Filings by VOTSexchange: 9:53pm On Aug 28, 2023
Wonder why their network is so messed up this week. I guess they re trying to protest or sumn. Making them giving customer poor service.

1 Like

Re: Banks, 18 Others, Fined N125m For Late Filings by atobs4real(m): 9:55pm On Aug 28, 2023
Goldbw122:

We are the one that will still suffer it, through charges, I just watch the charges will increase..
Na them sabi sha.
My palm pay is still active and doing well

1 Like

Re: Banks, 18 Others, Fined N125m For Late Filings by paranorman(m): 9:56pm On Aug 28, 2023
Can someone do a technical expose how this information is important?

1 Like

Re: Banks, 18 Others, Fined N125m For Late Filings by omoadeleye(m): 9:58pm On Aug 28, 2023
Tinubu is targeting high revenue and want to avoid the nation from borrowing .

So revenue from fines will never be taken with levity henceforth.

Gbas gbos on every organisation behaving anyhow then.

sam2023:
Tinubu should expel ngalele because he has no feelings for the masses. Probably he is living in USA only come to nigeria to take appointment. They way he talk on fuel issued attention to that. He was saying even if refineries are revived its cost will not come down. His statement is against economics

Yeah. He wasn't wrong.

Petrol price are determined based on international prices.

If importers of petrol have factored all other costs of bringing in refined crude oil to the country. The price will surely jack up in order to recover all the expenses in bringing the petrol to the filling station.

So imagine if crude oil is being refined in Nigeria.

The price will still be based on international market prices but you can only expect a slight reduction in the price since it's being produced locally and not being imported from abroad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banks, 18 Others, Fined N125m For Late Filings by ManishSmith(m): 9:59pm On Aug 28, 2023
Na customers go pay

1 Like

Re: Banks, 18 Others, Fined N125m For Late Filings by Reference(m): 10:00pm On Aug 28, 2023
Hope in this regime the revenues reach the coffers of the state instead of being fritted away by the agency.
Re: Banks, 18 Others, Fined N125m For Late Filings by money121(m): 10:02pm On Aug 28, 2023
Ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! / Reach Me For Whatsapp Ads And Showcase Your Products To Upto 5000+ Activ Views / Dangote Raid: Is This An End To "Sacred Cows" In The Business Community?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.