Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,648 members, 7,820,255 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Eba, Semo, Amala, Tuwo (corn), Fufu Or Pounded Yam? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Eba, Semo, Amala, Tuwo (corn), Fufu Or Pounded Yam? (1729 Views)

See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome / What Even Is This Mess - Caucasian Man Rejects His Nigerian Wife’s Pounded Yam / Ogbono Soup, With Fufu Or Eba? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eba, Semo, Amala, Tuwo (corn), Fufu Or Pounded Yam? by Nadingo: 2:13pm On Aug 29, 2023
As a Northerner with an irresistible fondness for Southern cuisine, particularly the delightful combination of swallow and Igbo/Calabar soups, I find myself at a crossroad as I approach the age of forty. While my heart yearns for these flavors, I understand the importance of embracing healthier eating habits. Calling upon the wisdom of the doctors and nutritionists in the house, I'm eager to know which among the array of beloved Nigerian swallows stands out as the healthiest and most nutritious option?

Re: Eba, Semo, Amala, Tuwo (corn), Fufu Or Pounded Yam? by TemplarLandry: 2:13pm On Aug 29, 2023
shocked What's Garri??
Point of correction, it's called “Eba”
Re: Eba, Semo, Amala, Tuwo (corn), Fufu Or Pounded Yam? by Kriss216: 2:16pm On Aug 29, 2023
Team Eba.
Re: Eba, Semo, Amala, Tuwo (corn), Fufu Or Pounded Yam? by Tokskob2008: 2:27pm On Aug 29, 2023
Pounded yam all the way but as the country take be right now anyone wey person see, chop, thank God and move on..
Re: Eba, Semo, Amala, Tuwo (corn), Fufu Or Pounded Yam? by GanagiBitrus: 2:33pm On Aug 29, 2023
Eba is the cheapest & readily available.
But the contest should be between Poundo & Amala.
Re: Eba, Semo, Amala, Tuwo (corn), Fufu Or Pounded Yam? by budaatum: 2:34pm On Aug 29, 2023
Small swallow (pounded yam of course), with lots of vegetable soup is the healthy way to go.

Unfortunately, many Nigerians prefer lots of swallow with lots of meat cooked in oils instead.
Re: Eba, Semo, Amala, Tuwo (corn), Fufu Or Pounded Yam? by Chibuzoripob: 3:01pm On Aug 29, 2023
undecided ALL nah still FOOD
Re: Eba, Semo, Amala, Tuwo (corn), Fufu Or Pounded Yam? by Nadingo: 3:03pm On Aug 29, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
Eba is the cheapest & readily available.
But the contest should be between Poundo & Amala.
I'm asking from nutritional aspect not the cost. Or you mean Amala and Poundo are the top 2 most nutritious?
Re: Eba, Semo, Amala, Tuwo (corn), Fufu Or Pounded Yam? by Nadingo: 3:04pm On Aug 29, 2023
Tokskob2008:
Pounded yam all the way but as the country take be right now anyone wey person see, chop, thank God and move on..
E no easy
Re: Eba, Semo, Amala, Tuwo (corn), Fufu Or Pounded Yam? by Nadingo: 3:05pm On Aug 29, 2023
TemplarLandry:
shocked What's Garri??
Point of correction, it's called “Eba”
Fixed. Thanks.
Re: Eba, Semo, Amala, Tuwo (corn), Fufu Or Pounded Yam? by TemplarLandry: 3:08pm On Aug 29, 2023
Good.
Semo is my favorite by the way.

Nadingo:
Fixed. Thanks.
Re: Eba, Semo, Amala, Tuwo (corn), Fufu Or Pounded Yam? by TimT: 3:18pm On Aug 29, 2023
Abeg semo all the way.....
Re: Eba, Semo, Amala, Tuwo (corn), Fufu Or Pounded Yam? by GanagiBitrus: 3:52pm On Aug 29, 2023
Nadingo:
I'm asking from nutritional aspect not the cost. Or you mean Amala and Poundo are the top 2 most nutritious?
In terms of being nutritious & delicious.
Re: Eba, Semo, Amala, Tuwo (corn), Fufu Or Pounded Yam? by Nadingo: 4:27pm On Aug 29, 2023
TimT:
Abeg semo all the way.....
Heard that Semo is the least nutritional amongst them.
Re: Eba, Semo, Amala, Tuwo (corn), Fufu Or Pounded Yam? by TimT: 4:28pm On Aug 29, 2023
Nadingo:
Heard that Semo is the least nutritional amongst them.
All of them are highly carbohydrates food
Re: Eba, Semo, Amala, Tuwo (corn), Fufu Or Pounded Yam? by Nadingo: 5:47pm On Aug 29, 2023
TimT:

All of them are highly carbohydrates food
Yeah they are all carbs but semo being a processed carb is the worst.
Re: Eba, Semo, Amala, Tuwo (corn), Fufu Or Pounded Yam? by ovcwality(m): 8:59pm On Aug 29, 2023
tuwo (corn) has a sweet taste, I go with it. Then pounded yam, Amala, fufu. lastly eba, the taste no sweet atall
Re: Eba, Semo, Amala, Tuwo (corn), Fufu Or Pounded Yam? by Nadingo: 9:35pm On Aug 29, 2023
ovcwality:
tuwo (corn) has a sweet taste, I go with it. Then pounded yam, Amala, fufu. lastly eba, the taste no sweet atall
I'm talking about the nutritional value not the taste.
Re: Eba, Semo, Amala, Tuwo (corn), Fufu Or Pounded Yam? by oilyngbati(m): 6:21pm On Aug 30, 2023
Nadingo:
I'm talking about the nutritional value not the taste.
Tuwo (corn meal) with lots of vegetables in the soup is best option because corn has lots of fibre. Eba in small amount is not bad too.
Re: Eba, Semo, Amala, Tuwo (corn), Fufu Or Pounded Yam? by Nadingo: 7:21pm On Aug 30, 2023
oilyngbati:
Tuwo (corn meal) with lots of vegetables in the soup is best option because corn has lots of fibre. Eba in small amount is not bad too.
Oh ok, thanks.

(1) (Reply)

BUY RICE IN LARGE QUANTITY AT 7,500 ONLY / Where Can Buy Ewedu From In London, Uk / Plant Protein Found In Nigeria..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.