Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,010 members, 7,863,668 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:58 PM

Stop Using My Song In Your Campaigns Eminem Threatens Presidential Candidates - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Stop Using My Song In Your Campaigns Eminem Threatens Presidential Candidates (302 Views)

Mohbad Was Using My Glory - Mohbad's Dad Speaks (Video) / Juliet Ibrahim: Stop Using Dirty Hands And Dirty Saliva On A Woman’s Privates / Adenike Oyetunde: Stop Using My Images For Disability Campaigns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stop Using My Song In Your Campaigns Eminem Threatens Presidential Candidates by DyshApp: 8:11pm On Aug 29, 2023
In a surprising twist, renowned rap icon Eminem, also known as Marshall Bruce Mathers III, has fired a warning shot at Vivek Ramaswamy, a rising star in the Republican presidential race. The controversy erupted when Ramaswamy, a biotech mogul vying for the 2024 nomination, belted out Eminem's chart-topping track 'Lose Yourself' at a campaign rally in Iowa State Fair.

According to BBC reports, Eminem's request was officially relayed through the performing rights organization BMI in a sternly worded letter dated August 23rd. This action followed Ramaswamy's impromptu performance, which reportedly prompted Eminem's response.

Ramaswamy's team responded with grace, acknowledging the request and pledging compliance. A spokesperson for Ramaswamy affirmed that they would respect Eminem's wishes and cease the usage of his musical creations in the campaign. In the letter from BMI, the warning was clear: any future use of Eminem's works by the Vivek 2024 campaign would be deemed a breach of its license.

Campaign spokesperson Tricia McLaughlin humorously alluded to Eminem's lyrics, stating that they would leave the "rapping to the real slim shady." Ramaswamy himself took to social media, posting a tongue-in-cheek response that cleverly referred to Eminem's own lyrics: "Will The REAL Slim Shady Please Stand Up? He didn’t just say what I think he did, did he?"

This incident, while capturing attention due to the involved parties, is part of a long-standing history of discord between musicians and US politicians over the use of music. As the clash between artistry and political narratives continues, Eminem's stance adds another chapter to this ongoing debate.

In the ever-evolving landscape of American politics and music, the clash between Eminem's artistic control and Ramaswamy's campaign fervor serves as a testament to the intricate dance between entertainment and politics. Only time will tell how this showdown will resonate in both spheres, leaving spectators intrigued and engaged."

Get all the latest updates here

(1) (Reply)

Amb Prince Eletu Azeez Inducted As One Of ECOWAS YOUTH Ambassador / Hidden Conspiracy About Mohbad Death That People Do Not Know Yet / Unanswered Questions Surrounding The Mysterious Death Of Music Star Mohbad (imol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.