Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,982 members, 7,845,170 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Military seizes power in Gabon - Foreign Affairs (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Military seizes power in Gabon (65883 Views)

President Ali Bongo Explains Why There Are No Term Limits In Gabon's Presidency / Protests Against Coup In Sudan As Military Seizes Power (Photos) / Mali's Coup Leader Assimi Goïta Seizes Power Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by tendawarrior1(m): 9:34am On Aug 30, 2023
Now i know most people on this platform are either ignorant or plain stupid. Gabon is not even in ECOWAS . chai. I shake my head
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by jonahhh: 9:34am On Aug 30, 2023
StrongAlphMale:
The earlier Africa is recolonize, the better for us all.
There is nothing good about colonialism to the natives ,, only the oppressor enjoys, if he white man comes and build everything you think you’ll have access to the best of the best? That’s when you’ll know the meaning of racism your own soil. Most Nigerians are ignorant and dumb, leads to comment like this
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Okwyjesus(m): 9:34am On Aug 30, 2023
Whiteangel1234:
Tinubu still dey dulling in Niger now Gabon , it's over for ECOWAS and west Africa

They knew ECOWAS and her pancake leadership is toothless.

They knew the leadership have things around their neck.
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Eriokanmi: 9:34am On Aug 30, 2023
garfield1:

Sharap.even if he did not share dollars,he would still win? Which party choice? So you prefer Ahmed lawan to tinubu.tinubu will be there 8 years
Your insult isn't necessary, grow up!. No be today you dey support illegality and that's why I hardly reply to your mentions. Smh!
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by praz001(m): 9:37am On Aug 30, 2023
Up next is Cameroon.
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Ibbawa: 9:37am On Aug 30, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:
Let's wait for Eebola to send Asari to fight Gabonese sojas. All these monarchical democracy must be put to an end in Africa. And coup de ballot is worse than coup de etat

This is so right
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Kingsnairaland(m): 9:39am On Aug 30, 2023
God bless putin God bless mother Russia.
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Ewedegubbler: 9:41am On Aug 30, 2023
E dey come

1 Like

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Dreament(m): 9:41am On Aug 30, 2023
Whiteangel1234:
Tinubu still dey dulling in Niger now Gabon , it's over for ECOWAS and west Africa
olodo, is Gabon part of west Africa
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by garfield1: 9:42am On Aug 30, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Your insult isn't necessary, grow up!. No be today you dey support illegality and that's why I hardly reply to your mentions. Smh!

Tinubu won the primaries fair and square.that you hate him does not mean you must lie.tinubu built and dominates apc.who do you think will win him? Was it not dollars he used to get buhari the ticket in 2015? Did atiku not buy pdp ticket? When obi failed to get 25% in core north,what did you expect
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by rajiedreez: 9:42am On Aug 30, 2023
lexy2014:

How is the coup not good for Africa?

Military system of government is the only system with zero hope of succession
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by NovusHomo(m): 9:43am On Aug 30, 2023
Raskimonojendor:
The coup ends The Bongo's family's 56-year hold onto power in Gabon.

Gabon is NOT an ECOWAS country though. it's in Central Africa and a member of Economic Community of Central African States (ECCAS)

DO THEY KNOW? I beg tell them o. grin
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by gammarays(m): 9:46am On Aug 30, 2023
tefund:
You forgot two former military head of state completed 16 years of this current democratic dispensation...
The second one performed horribly in his democratic regime.
The one's rulling are rulling like dictators
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Lacash: 9:47am On Aug 30, 2023
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by ChrisIntegral(m): 9:47am On Aug 30, 2023
Steadily..we are getting there grin

1 Like

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Agugbadin: 9:48am On Aug 30, 2023
ONEjoblessGUY:
Lol........
Gabon has no economical value to Africa/Europe.........this would raise bit of dust.............

What about their oil and manganese. it is long overdue,how can the wealth of a country belong to one family. The president has ruled for 14yrs and he wants to rule fir another 7yrs.
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Cjayboy: 9:48am On Aug 30, 2023
I, can feel the abundance of heavy rainfall in entire AFRICA...

What's coming is bigger than we think...
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by masterduba(m): 9:51am On Aug 30, 2023
DrTee1:
Wahala.

Didn't these ones learn from ECOWAS and saw all the tension over Niger?

Does it mean that we cannot govern ourselves without show of force?

One of the challenges with military incursion into civil governance is that long-term planning social and development capacity doesn't exist with the military. Coups can also happen in such quick succession that discipline is lost, not only in the military but amongst the citizenry.

It ala creates problems for neighbouring countries as civilian-led countries would be unable to go into good bilateral relations with those led by military forces.

Wahala.

Many African countries have been independent from colonial rule for over 50 years. The colonial-inspired model is not working. We have to find what works for us, even if it means shutting out the last of our colonial influences, not minding if it hurts the Oyinbo narrative.
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by enemyofprogress: 9:53am On Aug 30, 2023
AGNESikpuNNU:
cheesy grin
see as you dey open teeth. Teeth wey don scatter
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by lexy2014: 9:53am On Aug 30, 2023
rajiedreez:

Military system of government is the only system with zero hope of succession

How is that not good for Africa?
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by aremubabs: 9:54am On Aug 30, 2023
Whiteangel1234:

Gabon is not in West Africa.
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by enemyofprogress: 9:54am On Aug 30, 2023
fairplay90:
What is really happening?

No be play something again o
na play dem dey play o, no mind dem
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by lexy2014: 9:54am On Aug 30, 2023
masseratti:
am not under any obligation to answer you my dear, that's why I refer you to Google.. That one is under obligation to answer your question.. I post my opinion which am entitled to.. You are free to agree or disagree am not obligated to answer a query from you.. You don't pay my bills nor am I answerable to you.

You didn't answer the questions.

Is Google your enemy?

Did you consult google before you said that the worst democracy better than the best military rule?

Kindly use Google to answer the question...
How is the worst democracy better than the best military rule?
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by OLAPROSPER4(m): 9:54am On Aug 30, 2023
Penguin2:
Lol!

I’m gonna wait to confirm that this is not fake news.

But in the meantime, if it’s true, then congratulations to Tinubu, ECOWAS and their brainless warmongers. They now have more countries to invade.

After invading Niger, they will invade Gabon. Or are they going to invade Niger without invading Gabon? They have to mad not to.

I’m so happy right now, if this news is true. Because I’m sure ECOWAS was already waiting to congratulate President Bongo for winning Third Time in a “free and fair” election even though the report of the Gabonese Electoral Umpire shutting down their Electronic Infrastructure, like INEC did, and even removing names of opponents from ballot papers has been everywhere.

Another reason I like this is that the PEPT will see what is happening in other countries because of disputed election. People are waiting on them to do justice, failure of which no one knows what the outcome will be.

Democracy is fast becoming unpopular in Africa and it’s because of poor Electoral management. The situation where votes no longer reflect the wishes of the majority of the voters, their will be disenchantment with the people seeking alternative way out.

If a coup happens in Nigeria today, Nigerians will celebrate it because we didn’t vote for the idiot in power.

If the PEPT likes, let it insult Nigerians like INEC did, let’s see what the outcome will be.

I'm appalled at your understanding of international politics. Firstly, it's within the charter of ECOWAS to ensure peace at all cost within her region.
Secondly, even if most of the political administration of the nations within the region are toppled, it will have no ripple effect on the outcome of the tribunal.
Thirdly, to anticipate coup in Nigeria is beyond comprehension!
Conclusively, regardless of anyone's alignment when it comes to who gets what in Nigeria politics, Nigeria remain our nation and it's on us to project her image positively.

God bless me.

God bless you.

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by NovusHomo(m): 9:55am On Aug 30, 2023
DrTee1:
Wahala.

Didn't these ones learn from ECOWAS and saw all the tension over Niger?

Does it mean that we cannot govern ourselves without show of force?

One of the challenges with military incursion into civil governance is that long-term planning social and development capacity doesn't exist with the military. Coups can also happen in such quick succession that discipline is lost, not only in the military but amongst the citizenry.

It ala creates problems for neighbouring countries as civilian-led countries would be unable to go into good bilateral relations with those led by military forces.

Wahala.

A sensible person, at last. Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Maxxim: 9:55am On Aug 30, 2023
grin grin wahala for ecowas leaders😂
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by lexy2014: 9:56am On Aug 30, 2023
garfield1:

Yes unfortunately.the people were fed up and used this pretext to remove them.the coups in Mali, Burkina,Sudan and Egypt are linked to tenure elongation

If you say that the bongo family ran Gabon like their personal property and the people were fed up with that, how then was that a "pretext" for the removal of Ali Bongo?
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by garfield1: 9:59am On Aug 30, 2023
lexy2014:

If you say that the bongo family ran Gabon like their personal property and the people were fed up with that, how then was that a "pretext" for the removal of Ali Bongo?

This is a foolish question.
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by lexy2014: 10:00am On Aug 30, 2023
garfield1:

This is a foolish question.

It is because you are wise that I asked you the question.

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by eke28(m): 10:02am On Aug 30, 2023
Okay na.
Nigerian tribunal should be careful with the judgment they are coming up with because there pronouncement will build or destroy the democracy of this country.
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by garfield1: 10:02am On Aug 30, 2023
lexy2014:

It is because you are wise that I asked you the question.

If one is bad ruler,don't you think people will look for any slight chance to remove him
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:03am On Aug 30, 2023
Whiteangel1234:
Gabon isn't in ecowas it's central Africa besides those of u happy with the coup when will u wish and pray for coup in Russia Europe where Putin has been in charge for a long time...

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (24) (Reply)

Russia Launches New "SATAN 2" Nuclear Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile (Pix) / 2.5million: Crowd Marching Against Trump In The U.S. (photos). / Nelson Mandela Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.