Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,386 members, 7,836,548 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Military seizes power in Gabon - Foreign Affairs (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Military seizes power in Gabon (65768 Views)

President Ali Bongo Explains Why There Are No Term Limits In Gabon's Presidency / Protests Against Coup In Sudan As Military Seizes Power (Photos) / Mali's Coup Leader Assimi Goïta Seizes Power Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Rilwayne001: 8:55am On Aug 30, 2023
cl0r0x:
Someone sees something interesting, posts on nairaland very early. The mods ignores it, creates a new account, posts the same
thing and sends it to the front page. As if the frontpage pays. Closing my account on this biased forum.

Because dem no send your thread to front page, na why the thing dey pain you and you wan close your account? grin grin

You must really love attention grin
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by spencekat(m): 8:56am On Aug 30, 2023
Whiteangel1234:
Tinubu still dey dulling in Niger now Gabon , it's over for ECOWAS and west Africa
Gabon is in Central Africa.
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by obailala(m): 8:56am On Aug 30, 2023
Useless African leaders!

Father Omar Bongo leads the country for 42 years and hands over to son Ali Bongo who has been ruling for 14 year now. Everyday they conduct sham elections and win with stupid landslides because "the people love the Bongos so much!".... Stupid African leaders always believe their people are idiots!

When will the Cameroonian military wake up from their slumber and move on that cadaver in their seat of power?

3 Likes

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by coputa(m): 8:58am On Aug 30, 2023
StrongAlphMale:
The earlier Africa is recolonize, the better for us all.
Who will colonize Africa for the second time, are Africans animals,

What is the essence of the regional bloc, can't they chart a new form of government for themselves, since Democracy has failed.

Democratic sorry undemocratic government is the bane of African countries

1 Like

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by lomprico(m): 8:59am On Aug 30, 2023
I'm anxious to see AU's reaction!

1 Like

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Panthomy: 8:59am On Aug 30, 2023
StrongAlphMale:

Rubbish.

Recolonize😠😠😠

Is it not the democratic coupist that is ruining Africa nations. Corruption is their blood stream.
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Egoveen48: 8:59am On Aug 30, 2023
I love dis news.
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by garykoeman: 9:00am On Aug 30, 2023
Penguin2:
Lol!

I’m gonna wait to confirm that this is not fake news.

But in the meantime, if it’s true, then congratulations to Tinubu, ECOWAS and their brainless warmongers. They now have more countries to invade.

After invading Niger, they will invade Gabon. Or are they going to invade Niger without invading Gabon? They have to mad not to.

I’m so happy right now, if this news is true. Because I’m sure ECOWAS was already waiting to congratulate President Bongo for winning Third Time in a “free and fair” election even though the report of the Gabonese Electoral Umpire shutting down their Electronic Infrastructure, like INEC did, and even removing names of opponents from ballot papers has been everywhere.

Another reason I like this is that the PEPT will see what is happening in other countries because of disputed election. People are waiting on them to do justice, failure of which no one knows what the outcome will be.

Democracy is fast becoming unpopular in Africa and it’s because of poor Electoral management. The situation where votes no longer reflect the wishes of the majority of the voters, their will be disenchantment with the people seeking alternative way out.

If a coup happens in Nigeria today, Nigerians will celebrate it because we didn’t vote for the idiot in power.

If the PEPT likes, let it insult Nigerians like INEC did, let’s see what the outcome will be.

Igbo wailers. Obi can never be president of a united Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Rilwayne001: 9:01am On Aug 30, 2023
Irony1:

I still don't buy that Abacha loot story. If truly Abacha looted, walahi it will be hard to trace it. For the wife then to boast that they still had money more than Dangote, is enough to tell you that the money claimed as loot is not stolen money. When countries are under sanctions they look for ways to move funds and store them to prevent the accounts being frozen so that they can be liquid. Gaddafi did it, Saddam did it, Fidel Castro did and so many others. If truly the US is tracking and returning loots, why is it hard for them to return the loots of other politicians in Nigeria whom I know have stolen far more than Abacha.

Abacha is the hero of IPOB criminals now! grin grin
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by pandax: 9:01am On Aug 30, 2023
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by abesky(m): 9:02am On Aug 30, 2023
E don dey red dey go. Next>>>>
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by tonytony208(m): 9:02am On Aug 30, 2023
StrongAlphMale:

You've already been recolonized. But this time around, the colonial masters are ruling via puppets.

So, you don't know Tinubu and the ousted Niger Republic president are west puppets?
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by quickee: 9:02am On Aug 30, 2023
koiki4bat:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/aug/30/gabon-coup-military-takeover-gabonese-election-disputed

The madness of stealing power by force must be truncated in Africa. The democracy has brought nothing but craziness of manipulating elections and impoverishing the people. The recent shambolic elections conducted by the INEC has set a precedence for other African countries. Maybe Africa needs to be recolonized.
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Pacesetter123(m): 9:04am On Aug 30, 2023
fairplay90:
What is really happening?

No be play something again o
grin grin grin grin
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by luluman: 9:04am On Aug 30, 2023
StrongAlphMale:
First of all, separate us in Nigeria before recolonizing let everyone go his/her way.

1 Like

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by tnerro1(m): 9:04am On Aug 30, 2023
olatade:
The instability in former French colonies is something I've never been able to wrap my head around. Is it by design or a mere coincidence?

We should ask Russians, those people no get joy 🤩
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by luluman: 9:05am On Aug 30, 2023
ONEjoblessGUY:
Lol........
Gabon has no economical value to Africa/Europe.........this would raise bit of dust.............
Is it about the value or fighting for what is right?
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by PecE2Make: 9:05am On Aug 30, 2023
Nigeria is next. Democracy is a disease and disaster.
Democracy in Africa especially Nigeria is the Government of the rich, by the rich and for the rich.

The early we realise that Democracy is a decision the better for us.

God abeg, punish wicked rulers here in Nigeria.
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by masseratti: 9:05am On Aug 30, 2023
lexy2014:

Is Google your enemy?

Did you consult google before you said that the worst democracy better than the best military rule?

Kindly use Google to answer the question...
How is the worst democracy better than the best military rule?
am not under any obligation to answer you my dear, that's why I refer you to Google.. That one is under obligation to answer your question.. I post my opinion which am entitled to.. You are free to agree or disagree am not obligated to answer a query from you.. You don't pay my bills nor am I answerable to you.
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by mrvitalis(m): 9:06am On Aug 30, 2023
garfield1:

At least you agree that Burkina and Mali coups were because of tenure elongation.why was bazoum not removed immediately like bongo?
People just use the election as a pretext to remove the bongo family.
The summary is that coup cannot happen in Nigeria at least not after just 3 months.why was there no coup after the rigging by obj? All the units in and around Abuja are under loyallists of tinubu,you can check the appointment he made after appointing service chiefs.
There is no perfect election anywhere.you cannot condemn election because of a few pockets of incidences.
Coup can't happen in Nigeria, revolution can't happen in Nigeria because APC has invested heavily on tribal division

In fact being able to Divide Nigerians is what's keeping APC in power... Make una continue

1 Like

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by mariovito(m): 9:07am On Aug 30, 2023
Are you playing?

Who do you think carry out coups?

Most of the time, coups are executed by the low cadre officers usually Captains only few instances do you see officers higher than captain perpetrating a coup
LincolnOnyeabor:
This would have materialised in Nigeria had Tinubu not been a step ahead and retired Hundreds of Military Generals and Leadership Hierarchy on his Assumption of Office.

But let's see anyways.

1 Like

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by timesuploaded: 9:07am On Aug 30, 2023
ONEjoblessGUY:
Lol........
Gabon has no economical value to Africa/Europe.........this would raise bit of dust.............
another d0nkey spotted. Without Gabon Europe and America are finished. They have used paper currency to turn u into an idiot. Raw materials are the true wealth and they are scattered all over Africa

1 Like

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Versal: 9:07am On Aug 30, 2023
Oh! Nigeria, when?
When will our lily-livered military do same to
salvage this country?
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Hubeznigeria(m): 9:08am On Aug 30, 2023
ONEjoblessGUY:
Lol........
Gabon has no [b]economical
value to Africa/Europe.........this would raise bit of dust.............[/b]
No economic value you said I would be polite but seek to be well informed. Gabon is rich in cocoa and oil.
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by thatigboman: 9:08am On Aug 30, 2023
Whiteangel1234:
Tinubu still dey dulling in Niger now Gabon , it's over for ECOWAS and west Africa
is gabon in west africa?
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by garfield1: 9:09am On Aug 30, 2023
mrvitalis:

Coup can't happen in Nigeria, revolution can't happen in Nigeria because APC has invested heavily on tribal division

In fact being able to Divide Nigerians is what's keeping APC in power... Make una continue

How is apc dividing nigeria? Can't you see tinubu balanced appointment
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by YohaigNG: 9:09am On Aug 30, 2023
ONEjoblessGUY:
Lol........

Natural Resources of Gabon

Gabon is rich in various natural resources, which include:

Oil: Gabon is the fifth-largest oil-producing nation in Africa, accounting for 50% of its GDP and 80% of its exports. Oil production has been declining since its peak in 1997.

Timber: The country has abundant timber resources, particularly Okoume, a tropical hardwood.

Manganese: Gabon is known for its manganese reserves and production.

Gold: Gold mining is another significant industry in Gabon.

Uranium: Uranium is listed among Gabon's export goods, indicating its presence and mining in the country.

Chemicals: The chemical industry is also a part of Gabon's economy.

Food and Beverages: Gabon has a food and beverage industry, although it's less significant than the other sectors.

Textiles: Gabon's textile industry is also present.

Cement: Cement production is another industry in Gabon.

Ship Repair: Gabon also has ship repair facilities.

Agricultural Products: Cocoa, coffee, sugar, palm oil, rubber, cattle, and fish are some of the agricultural products.
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by CJStarz: 9:09am On Aug 30, 2023
Haaaaaaa......make d BIG ONE no happen o
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by wink2015(m): 9:10am On Aug 30, 2023
olatade:
The instability in former French colonies is something I've never been able to wrap my head around. Is it by design or a mere coincidence?

Learn to comprehend it.

It is a NORMAL ! NORMAL !

It is the consequences of bad governance.

This khaki dance is getting to the shores of Nigeria very soon if the political class refused to change.

Nigerian will start hearing martial music on Radio Nigeria and a Major or Captain seizing power.

It is just a matter of time.

THE ONLY WAY TO KEEP THE SOLDIERS FROM POWER IS GOOD GOVERNANCE BY THE POLITICIAN.

See small Rwanda of yesterday.

They have climbed up the ladder in the African chart of developing countries.

Now our governors carry their BIG TUMMY AND BIG BELLY to go and spend the resources of the people to learn democracy and good governance in Rwanda of yesterday.

Is that not a shame?
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by famology(m): 9:10am On Aug 30, 2023
Penguin2:
Lol!

I’m gonna wait to confirm that this is not fake news.

But in the meantime, if it’s true, then congratulations to Tinubu, ECOWAS and their brainless warmongers. They now have more countries to invade.

After invading Niger, they will invade Gabon. Or are they going to invade Niger without invading Gabon? They have to mad not to.

I’m so happy right now, if this news is true. Because I’m sure ECOWAS was already waiting to congratulate President Bongo for winning Third Time in a “free and fair” election even though the report of the Gabonese Electoral Umpire shutting down their Electronic Infrastructure, like INEC did, and even removing names of opponents from ballot papers has been everywhere.

Another reason I like this is that the PEPT will see what is happening in other countries because of disputed election. People are waiting on them to do justice, failure of which no one knows what the outcome will be.

Democracy is fast becoming unpopular in Africa and it’s because of poor Electoral management. The situation where votes no longer reflect the wishes of the majority of the voters, their will be disenchantment with the people seeking alternative way out.

If a coup happens in Nigeria today, Nigerians will celebrate it because we didn’t vote for the idiot in power.

If the PEPT likes, let it insult Nigerians like INEC did, let’s see what the outcome will be.

If dem tell una to read book una go dey do nonsense. What's Tinubu's business with Gabon? Is Gabon a west Africa country? Obviously you ignoramus don't know the meaning of ECOWAS. Mtcheeeew
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by wegevv: 9:11am On Aug 30, 2023
garfield1:

How is apc dividing nigeria? Can't you see tinubu balanced appointment

You have previously admitted that some of his appointments were not balanced though

But more importantly, is Tinubu the first APC president? lol
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Shantyken(m): 9:11am On Aug 30, 2023
Whiteangel1234:

Wetin concern ecowas and Gabon

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (24) (Reply)

President Putin Gives His Coat To UAE President To Keep Warm (Photos, Video) / Jorge Luis Escandón Hernández: Mexican Mayor Tied To Truck, Dragged / President Nana Akufo-Addo's Outfit To An Event That Has Got Everyone Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.