Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,988 members, 7,835,314 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? (16756 Views)

Protests Against Coup In Sudan As Military Seizes Power (Photos) / Coup In Mali: President And Prime Minister Arrested By The Army / Military Coup In Gabon. Army Takes Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by Fuckyoumod: 11:15am On Aug 30, 2023
iwaeda:

We are waking up to realities of 1960s, 70s, 80s and early 90s. To tell our selves the truth, the kind of democracy being practised are not giving hope to the populace. grin grin grin grin grin
this is why I support a new system of Government.

Democracy as beautiful as it is, is not working in Africa.
A new system of Government should be tried.
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by Caicedobets(m): 11:15am On Aug 30, 2023
saphiere:
Give power to women. Men have tried but failed.
There will be serious problem as women dont know how to handle powergrin
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by WonderMan76: 11:16am On Aug 30, 2023
Let’s stop fooling ourselves Democracy cannot work in Africa. We don’t have to copy every foreign ideology even when it is obvious that we are clearly not suited for it.

Africans are too indisciplined and unenlightened for a a sophisticated system of government like democracy to ever work here and that is why we keep electing corrupt and kleptomaniac leaders.

What suits us best is a more heavy handed system of government like military rule or we go back to our traditional monarchies and retributive justice system. It seems to work quite well in the Middle East after all.
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by Mayeldah(m): 11:18am On Aug 30, 2023
CAMEROUN IS NEXT!!!

btw I am Nigerian.
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by Caicedobets(m): 11:19am On Aug 30, 2023
[quote author=helpee post=12545793

Wait for hopeless agbado crew to come and educate you for free,lol.

Dem job no easy aswear
[i][/i]

@ozommadu.

Let us assume you are talking to Yorubas. I take it you are a child. Ask your grand parents. People trooped to the streets to celebrate anytime the military took over in the 80s and 90s. It usually takes them an average of 6months to start crying blood.

I can see the Igbos are now clamoring for coup just because obi lost. It is the same Yorubas that you called Agbados that usually fought the military in those days while your grandfathers in the east were hiding.

From Gani Fawehinmi to Wole Soyinka to Femi falana to Fela, to Beko Kuti to TAI SOLARIN to NADECO and many more

WHILE TINUBU WAS FIGHTING ABACHA IN EXILE, PETER OBI WAS BUSY COLLECTING JOB as TIN CAN PORTS CHAIRMAN FROM THE BRUTAL DICTATOR.

I only hope you Igbos get what you want again. Another Coup. By the time the military incarcerate your generation for speaking thrash

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by thesicilian: 11:24am On Aug 30, 2023
Blakjewelry:

If you were a little older under babagida and abacha rule you won't wish for them. They are from the same stock as the average politician but this time with absolute power.
You can even criticize them like you do government today. Apart from the numerous direct impact, there will be a lot of international sanctions which will gravely impact business Infact hunger and poverty will triple.
Apart from Buhari's reign both military and civilian, I make bold to say that I enjoyed this country a lot more under military than civilian rule.
And what has your criticism of the government achieved? Granted under military rule you can't criticise the government and go Scot free, in a democracy you can criticise all you want and nobody gives a damn about you, and if it gets too much you still may get arrested. What's the difference?
These same people you mentioned, was the exchange rate ever higher than N25 to a dollar back then?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by Chetas81(m): 11:24am On Aug 30, 2023
iwaeda:
What are the direct implications of coup in Africa to the of Africa?
It seems coup is now the new form of government in West Africa and this morning another Central Africa country, Gabon, joined the fray. grin grin
you sick with your post
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by Litmus: 11:24am On Aug 30, 2023
iwaeda:
It seems coup is now the new form of government in West Africa and this morning another Central Africa country, Gabon, joined the fray. grin grin

I can but will not relay what my views on the implications of coups in Africa are in the 21st Century. As for those that occured in Mali, Burkina fasso and Niger, I believe the implications for the citizens of those nations are grim. It is also more likely than not going to increase insecurity in West Africa if not catastrophy.

Like majority of Nigerians, I welcome the emancipation of francophone West Africans from the yoke of French control and exploitation. However, I wished this had been achieved diplomatically or by some other means better than the confrontational coups that occured. If the militaries of those Nations are true revolutionaries they will not grovel in private to the West while presenting a defiant, populist stance for the consumption of their citizens, Africa and International community. The consiquencies of not groveling will unleash on Mali, Burkina Fasso and Niger the well worn tools of impoverishment the West has used for decades to exclude Africa from the rest of the world. The result will lead to increasing suffering for the people of Mali, Burkina Fasso and Niger and unrest will grow. The deplorables that have been masquerading under Islam and terrorising the sahel will increase due to funding from abroad and no more pretences of curbing thire expansion. Displaced people and economic migration will increase, spilling into other West African Nations and Europe.

Again the Coupists not groveling in private to the West and, due to this, the consequent tightening of international institutions against Mali, Burkina and Niger as well as the funding of terrorists and insurrectionists of every persuasion, will inevitably push those nations into the arms of oppositional powers to the West. While this may cause superficial braggadocio, defiance and cheering, in reality those nations would have merely substituted one colour of colonial overlordship with another, achieving not the desired African emancipation.

There's more but writing fatigues me....

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by sylve11: 11:27am On Aug 30, 2023
Ozommadu:

Dem job no easy aswear

This got me laughing hard 🤣 😂 cool
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by thesicilian: 11:28am On Aug 30, 2023
ORIAYO70:

Calculate the numbers of year's military rules Nigeria, also calculate the numbers of civilian rule, now tell me of what benefit is military if it's not sorrow tears n blood according to Fela
Funny you should mention blood.
Now I want you to calculate the amount of human blood shed under Jonathan and Buhari alone, and compare with that under the entire military rule in the history of this country (including the civil war).
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by Chidex50(m): 11:29am On Aug 30, 2023
E means e go soon reach everybody
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by jaxxy(m): 11:31am On Aug 30, 2023
iwaeda:

it only means democracy should be practiced correctly according to the right laws and guidelines or else...

One man cannot and should not hold the country to ransom.
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by 43Ronin: 11:34am On Aug 30, 2023
Upon all the money that abacha stole and Sanctions upon him, abacha still brought down inherited inflation from 27% to 8%. Abacha made sure religion was separated from state by arresting Islamic radicals and preventing Islamic terrorism in naija. There's nothing worse than a bad democracy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by Funflipper: 11:34am On Aug 30, 2023
iwaeda:
Africa United needs to be strengthened. We have the richest resources feeding most part of the world, but we remain the poorest. grin grin grin grin grin

Having the resources is not the issue. It is knowing what to do with them.
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by mp3ree: 11:36am On Aug 30, 2023
thesicilian:
Why are we so afraid of military rule when democracy has not done any better to alleviate the plight of the masses?

Because you are a baby.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by Padipadi(m): 11:37am On Aug 30, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Thanks to US & their farce democracy in Africa.
I don't want to blame US.
African leaders had the chance to do well for their citizens instead of being just puppets of the west and as well using that to grow their own natural selfishness.
It wasn't the west that aided Mugabe to be selfish naa.
If you say Paul Biya is archaic on throne cos he's west's puppet. Who's Mugabe puppeting for?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by Atlantis585: 11:41am On Aug 30, 2023
The implications is that those who force themselves on the people as president will never have an easy time in office. And as long as the peoples wishes are not respected, there will be more coups.

There is a new song out today and it goes like this:

Hand dey shake, leg dey shake and now yansh don begin dey shake too. grin

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by Pascal9: 11:50am On Aug 30, 2023
Pray2425:
This is African spring just like the Arab Spring, more to come. African leaders has been taken their people for granted making the people to suffer for nothing, all I pray is that this military take over should favour the continent.
did Arabs stage military coup, cowards
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by TheFacelessMan: 11:50am On Aug 30, 2023
jeromestarks:
There are two things I would like to say here:
1. Military coup can not happen in Nigeria so take your mind off it.

2. Marry a virgin woman or else no military coup can save you from suffering in that marriage because your wh0res wife will surely fvck her ex the moment he shows up to her on Facebook or in the market and you will train another man's child thinking it's yours.

I have spoken.

You are a crazy person grin grin

You and jubrilelsudan are one of those that I laugh anytime I see your batshit comments cheesy You still somehow managed to tie viriginity to coup d'etat. grin cheesy

I once spoke to Jubrilelsudan, corrected him thinking he was sane. He just simply wrote his KUKUNASE stuff with the South African memes grin

1 Like

Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by phemmyfour: 11:51am On Aug 30, 2023
iwaeda:
more coup loading especially in francophone Countries
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by JONSYN7154: 12:01pm On Aug 30, 2023
helpee:

Dem job no easy aswear
[i][/i]

@ozommadu.

Let us assume you are talking to Yorubas. I take it you are a child. Ask your grand parents. People trooped to the streets to celebrate anytime the military took over in the 80s and 90s. It usually takes them an average of 6months to start crying blood.

I can see the Igbos are now clamoring for coup just because obi lost. It is the same Yorubas that you called Agbados that usually fought the military in those days while your grandfathers in the east were hiding.

From Gani Fawehinmi to Wole Soyinka to Femi falana to Fela, to Beko Kuti to TAI SOLARIN to NADECO and many more

WHILE TINUBU WAS FIGHTING ABACHA IN EXILE, PETER OBI WAS BUSY COLLECTING JOB as TIN CAN PORTS CHAIRMAN FROM THE BRUTAL DICTATOR.

I only hope you Igbos get what you want again. Another Coup. By the time the military incarcerate your generation for speaking thrash on Twitter and Nairaland , you will beg the AGBADOS to fight for you the way your grandfathers have been relying on them to help them anytime their leaders like Ojukwu escape into Abidjan.

May Africa know peace
Am not an igbo but the fact remain that its bad governance like what we are experiencing that's bringing back the military.
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by hakeemhakeem(m): 12:03pm On Aug 30, 2023
Ozommadu:

Dem job no easy aswear

Its your ways if I don't have it nobody should,it can't happened again in Nigeria and if it happens not from your brothers. Your chimpanzee is using old tricks on hunter, the hunter will use his own tricks too to catch him.the priest that say famine is coming him and his household will not eat sand
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by Brushstrokes20: 12:04pm On Aug 30, 2023
Simple! Politicians must deliver democratic dividends or get booted out! undecided
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by Ozommadu: 12:04pm On Aug 30, 2023
JONSYN7154:
Am not an igbo but the fact remain that its bad governance like what we are experiencing that's bringing back the military.

Abeg dey quote people properly.

Me, I be igbo, you said the truth whether you're igbo or not...democracy has not helped Africa, the military government built more infrastructure in nigeria than the useless election riggers we have now.

If e pain anybody, they should hang themselves, i say it again, I be igbo and I don't care.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by OYEDIPE(m): 12:06pm On Aug 30, 2023
iwaeda:
Africa United needs to be strengthened. We have the richest resources feeding most part of the world, but we remain the poorest. grin grin grin grin grin
There is no correlation between resource control and the type of government being practiced.
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by JONSYN7154: 12:07pm On Aug 30, 2023
JASONjnr:
The day Nigeria will organise a coup will be the end of foreign parasites in Africa.
Why do you say its going to be the end of foreign parasites in Africa?

Pls can you explain more?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by Ozommadu: 12:07pm On Aug 30, 2023
hakeemhakeem:

Its your ways if I don't have it nobody should,it can't happened again in Nigeria and if it happens not from your brothers. Your chimpanzee is using old tricks on hunter, the hunter will use his own tricks too to catch him

Shut up

Did you not do worse in 2012 and 2014 when Jonathan was the president? Hypocrite

Go and sit down ewu, I go catch you and that useless chimpanzee nonsense.

The buhari u supported for 8wasted yrs how did it end??

Between the two of us who's more patriotic?
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by JONSYN7154: 12:11pm On Aug 30, 2023
Ozommadu:

Abeg dey quote people properly.

Me, I be igbo, you said the truth whether you're igbo or not...democracy has not helped Africa, the military government built more infrastructure in nigeria than the useless election riggers we have now.

If e pain anybody, they should hang themselves, i say it again, I be igbo and I don't care.
your opinion.
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by CharleyBright(m): 12:16pm On Aug 30, 2023
Isaacpyo04:
It destabilises the region., plain and simple.

Why are people so enthusiastic about the coups occurring across West Africa? These military takeovers are often worse than democratically elected presidents because they lack governing rules. Figures like Uganda's Museveni came to power through coups decades ago and show no intention of stepping down.

I suppose this enthusiasm stems from a resentment towards the West (the US and its allies). Do you think Russia and China genuinely care about the well-being of African nations? If you look at their own countries, it's evident they hold a strong aversion towards us. Their involvement seems more motivated by their disdain for the US rather than genuine concern for Africa.

Don't get me wrong; France and the US have played a detrimental role in influencing and controlling our governments and resources. However, replacing one monster with another isn't the solution. Many African countries need to fortify their institutions to ensure smooth governance regardless of the president in charge.

Change is inevitable; it's only a matter of time."

One reasonable opinion I am reading in weeks on Nairaland.
You are very correct.

Military Rule in Africa is as bad as corrupt sit tight civilian govt.
It is not acceptable.
History has shown that Military takeover always led to sit tight militias in power and often leading to another coup to oust them. Sometimes, even leading to civil wars.
Besides, Military rule in many African countries will lead to proliferation of arms, insurgents and even terrorism. We don't need these.
Nigeria has had its share of Military dictators with almost all of them wanting to remain in power till eternity.
And let's not forget that the corrupt politicians in Nigerian political spaces today, most of them are retired military officers or have military backgrounds.
The way out is to ensure ECOWAS and AU force African leaders to enshrine 2 tenor governments in their constitutions to avoid sit tight rulership and corruption.
Strong Democratic Structures is what African needs, Not Strong Military Men in govt.
This will end Military takeovers.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by Exceed15: 12:20pm On Aug 30, 2023
In this part of the world( Africa) where democracy has worsened the qualities of lives of people. The implications is that other African president will sit tight and begin the needful. It is an awareness that power can be toppled if they continue their normal ways.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obama Grants Nigerian Student Permanent Residency / AP Journalist Behind The Report Of A Russian Missile In Poland Has Been Fired / Moon Landing Today: US Clinches First Touchdown In 50 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.