Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,491 members, 7,816,162 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? (16716 Views)

Protests Against Coup In Sudan As Military Seizes Power (Photos) / Coup In Mali: President And Prime Minister Arrested By The Army / Military Coup In Gabon. Army Takes Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by BJanta: 12:31pm On Aug 30, 2023
Your post is upside down and lacks value. Your query should have been , ' What are the real causes of coup in Africa?'
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by Blakjewelry(m): 12:51pm On Aug 30, 2023
thesicilian:

Apart from Buhari's reign both military and civilian, I make bold to say that I enjoyed this country a lot more under military than civilian rule.
And what has your criticism of the government achieved? Granted under military rule you can't criticise the government and go Scot free, in a democracy you can criticise all you want and nobody gives a damn about you, and if it gets too much you still may get arrested. What's the difference?
These same people you mentioned, was the exchange rate ever higher than N25 to a dollar back then?
Lol you enjoyed the country? Perhaps ask your parents how things were for them. How many people own a TV then. Before military took over Nigeria naira was very good compare to the dollar, plus most of the industries including the refinery shut down under their watch. Most of the problem we are facing today is an after effect, population was increasing whereas infrastructure was decreasing now there is huge gap between the two. With military take over the remaining few investors we have will flee the country, even the airline you need to Japa will be hard to get for commoners like us. I am not saying our method of democracy is good but it's a working progress. Even the 25 naira to a dollar you mentioned is not as a result of good governance but because of less demand for the dollar. When there is sanctions left and right an you can't do international trade what good is the dollar to you. With the return of democracy international business booms so with the incremental demand for dollar, for a long time the government was suppressing the actual value. The only solution is for us to start producing massively our essential commodity.
We these guys at the top are thieves but the military guys are Nigerians too so we can only mount pressure to have better system each time. I believe the pressure is on, inec will definitely do better next time, we will use the next state elections to measure their improvement, and mount pressure for a better system before the next general election.
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by johnaruson(m): 12:52pm On Aug 30, 2023
INEC, Tinubu caused the multiple coup across Africa.
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by Mercury12(m): 12:58pm On Aug 30, 2023
saphiere:
Give power to women. Men have tried but failed.

Cometh closer alloweth me grant thee thy request in the private comfort of mine own sleep chamber
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by bionixs: 1:05pm On Aug 30, 2023
jeromestarks:
There are two things I would like to say here:
1. Military coup can not happen in Nigeria so take your mind off it.

2. Marry a virgin woman or else no military coup can save you from suffering in that marriage because your wh0res wife will surely fvck her ex the moment he shows up to her on Facebook or in the market and you will train another man's child thinking it's yours.

I have spoken.
dey play.that was what your friend was saying in Gabon few days ago until the news filtered in
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by PARADIZEPRIEST: 1:12pm On Aug 30, 2023
The military is not the best in terms of governance and socio political administration.
The effects are still there in ghana and nigeria of past military regimes.
THE MILITARY IS ABOUT USING FORCE AND COERSION NOT DIPLOMCY AND AGREEMENT,THIS IS ANTIHUMAN AND DANGEROUS angry
COUPS MUST NOT BE AN OPTION FOR LONG GOVT.BEYOND SIX MONTHS angry
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by hakeemhakeem(m): 1:13pm On Aug 30, 2023
Ozommadu:

Shut up

Did you not do worse in 2012 and 2014 when Jonathan was the president? Hypocrite

Go and sit down ewu, I go catch you and that useless chimpanzee nonsense.

The buhari u supported for 8wasted yrs how did it end??

Between the two of us who's more patriotic?

That's your problem you aren't sounds patriotic,the leadership problem cut across the whole country but calling for coup d'etat is what I against.y
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by iwaeda: 1:23pm On Aug 30, 2023
OYEDIPE:

There is no correlation between resource control and the type of government being practiced.
A lot brother. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by XAUBulls: 1:40pm On Aug 30, 2023
iwaeda:
What are the direct implications of coup in Africa to the of Africa?
It seems coup is now the new form of government in West Africa and this morning another Central Africa country, Gabon, joined the fray. grin grin
A vast number of Africans don't learn from the past! The outcomes of theses coups are very PREDICTABLE. This is a repetition of the military government disasters that hit Africa and Latin America from the late 1950s.

There is a crop of youngsters here on NL and other platforms who have never experienced military rule. They WILL ALL LEARN the hard way because basic freedom and the social media they are using to post misleading information will be taken from them by the military dudes whenever they take over any country's govenance! Period.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by Sirmwill: 1:52pm On Aug 30, 2023
jeromestarks:
There are two things I would like to say here:
1. Military coup can not happen in Nigeria so take your mind off it.

2. Marry a virgin woman or else no military coup can save you from suffering in that marriage because your wh0res wife will surely fvck her ex the moment he shows up to her on Facebook or in the market and you will train another man's child thinking it's yours.

I have spoken.

At least

At least

Get some sense
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by Raskimonojendor: 2:05pm On Aug 30, 2023
ruggedtimi:
Na wa...the 80s repeating itself
In 2023. Unreal.
I grew up in the 80s and 90s and was old enough to understand the brutality of the military era. Just as someone mentioned, people will jubilate when one military gov takes over and would start crying just a few months later.

I do not see Nigeria returning to those days any longer though. Our democracy has advanced alot more than so many African countries who are just living our own 1980s and 90s.
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by nkemjacob2(m): 2:25pm On Aug 30, 2023
I am happy for Gabon. What is Nigeria waiting for
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by fayomim: 2:46pm On Aug 30, 2023
Ozommadu:
Wait for hopeless agbado crew to come and educate you for free,lol.

Dem job no easy aswear

Your heart is filled with hate. May God have mercy on you.
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by Geemoves23(m): 2:51pm On Aug 30, 2023
The real cause is the vacuum created by our leaders under the garb of democracy.
Someone said 'the worst democracy is better than the best military rule'. My opinion here is that it boils down to leadership personality, whether military uniform or civilian regalia. When get the right personality in to the position of leadership, the citizens will rejoice.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by Ozommadu: 3:40pm On Aug 30, 2023
hakeemhakeem:

That's your problem you aren't sounds patriotic,the leadership problem cut across the whole country but calling for coup d'etat is what I against.y

Because of what? Your kinsman is in power?

Shun bigotry, if it were an edo or ijaw man or any minority ethnic group that is the president now, won't you have stormed the street in protest like you did in 2012??

Have you seen your problem now?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by benqo01(m): 4:06pm On Aug 30, 2023
The kind of leadership style been practise in Africa gave rise to military take over and am in full support of that

The people must be liberated.Its high time Africa stands on it own!!!!
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by hakeemhakeem(m): 4:37pm On Aug 30, 2023
Ozommadu:

Because of what? Your kinsman is in power?

Shun bigotry, if it were an edo or ijaw man or any minority ethnic group that is the president now, won't you have stormed the street in protest like you did in 2012??

Have you seen your problem now?

Who is the bigotry here quick to called other name.Nigerians did in year 2012 and if they think the present government hasn't done better they have the right to do the same.
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by ORIAYO70(m): 4:38pm On Aug 30, 2023
thesicilian:

Funny you should mention blood.
Now I want you to calculate the amount of human blood shed under Jonathan and Buhari alone, and compare with that under the entire military rule in the history of this country (including the civil war).

My brother I don't know if u r more than 40yrs bro, but I can categorically tell you the number of disadvantages of military govt.

It's unfortunate that Recent civilian govt have to deal with issue of terrorism, yet coup was never an option, Nigeria had his time of coup in the past, anyone talking about coup is not sensible.

1966, Agunyi Ironsi coup
1976, failed coup by Dimka.

I984/85 coup that dethrone Buhari.

1990s failed coup to dethrone Babangida, Nigeria had has his tough time never again
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by Ozommadu: 4:41pm On Aug 30, 2023
hakeemhakeem:

Who is the bigotry here quick to called other name.Nigerians did in year 2012 and if they think the present government hasn't done better they have the right to do the same.

Hehehehe,are you for real? When NLC first planned strike did Sw branch not disassociate themselves??

Dey deceive yourself, we know how peaceful protest usually ends in this demonic Apc govt
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by Georgejeez: 4:52pm On Aug 30, 2023
One of the direct implications is that , Democratic African Presidents will start restructuring the Military heads periodically while retiring the Generals everytime .

Also , they will be consulting their Jazzmen more and fortifying themselves with Charms ,,, in case Kasala burst , dem vanish ,, piiiiaaaaaoooohh !!!

Like Zulu Adigwe in Nollywood movies
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by achimendy(m): 5:03pm On Aug 30, 2023
iwaeda:
What are the direct implications of coup in Africa to the of Africa?
It seems coup is now the new form of government in West Africa and this morning another Central Africa country, Gabon, joined the fray. grin grin

African leaders have failed her people democratically, despite the huge amount of human and natural resources God has blessed us with we still remain at the bottom of Global advancing continents. The western imperialists has continued to plunder, dehumanised, exploit and dominate the economic, political and socio/cultural lifestyle of the African people through the senseless, greedy, egoistic, corrupt and power intoxicated nature of most African leaders.

So in other to make change, the coming of the military will be a welcome idea. It will breath a sigh of fresh air in our system/ society. The young generation of African military leaders are strong, wise, educated and ready to take their various countries to a greater heights by forcefully sanitizing the system and clearing them of corrupt, unwise, selfish and greedy leaders that has continued to destroy their own mother land for the interest of western imperialists.

I support the course with my full chest because it will bring about positive change in our dear mother Africa, and also free us from the grip of western powers.
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by achimendy(m): 5:06pm On Aug 30, 2023
saphiere:
Give power to women. Men have tried but failed.

It will never happen in Nigeria.
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by Fearyourcreator: 5:10pm On Aug 30, 2023
thesicilian:
Why are we so afraid of military rule when democracy has not done any better to alleviate the plight of the masses?
Obi people
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by achimendy(m): 5:11pm On Aug 30, 2023
Anitatunde:
Next is Cameroon 🇨🇲. Who wan bet

I can't wait for them, they've suffered a lot from that deadbeat president call paul biya.

Is Nigeria's own I don't know, cos their military is corrupt and divided along tribe and religious lines.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by Fearyourcreator: 5:14pm On Aug 30, 2023
phoneport:
Coup is not the best solution, but nor be so we go dey dey.
Desperate Times calls for desperate measures.
The soldiers can easily take power, but they are not trained to share it and rule, so must pave the way for a transitional government.

The problem is not the coup, but the people in government.
Why can't they just do the right thing?
Can't they just copy how it is working in the West, or Europe?
Are they cursed, or just wicked?
Africa that sold their people into slavery for umbrella ceramics and mirror.... No black nation fit dey okay as I dey see am
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by hakeemhakeem(m): 5:46pm On Aug 30, 2023
Ozommadu:

Hehehehe,are you for real? When NLC first planned strike did Sw branch not disassociate themselves??

Dey deceive yourself, we know how peaceful protest usually ends in this demonic Apc govt

And the sw branches is only Western, you can't force people to do what they don't believe in at a particular point in time
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by Ozommadu: 6:07pm On Aug 30, 2023
hakeemhakeem:

And the sw branches is only Western, you can't force people to do what they don't believe in at a particular point in time

Chai grin, typical yoluba Muslim man...you Don change mouth asap asap
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by okewumi: 6:14pm On Aug 30, 2023
helpee:

Wait for hopeless agbado crew to come and educate you for free,lol.

Dem job no easy aswear
[i][/i]

@ozommadu.

Let us assume you are talking to Yorubas. I take it you are a child. Ask your grand parents. People trooped to the streets to celebrate anytime the military took over in the 80s and 90s. It usually takes them an average of 6months to start crying blood.

I can see the Igbos are now clamoring for coup just because obi lost. It is the same Yorubas that you called Agbados that usually fought the military in those days while your grandfathers in the east were hiding.

From Gani Fawehinmi to Wole Soyinka to Femi falana to Fela, to Beko Kuti to TAI SOLARIN to NADECO and many more

WHILE TINUBU WAS FIGHTING ABACHA IN EXILE, PETER OBI WAS BUSY COLLECTING JOB as TIN CAN PORTS CHAIRMAN FROM THE BRUTAL DICTATOR.

I only hope you Igbos get what you want again. Another Coup. By the time the military incarcerate your generation for speaking thrash on Twitter and Nairaland , you will beg the AGBADOS to fight for you the way your grandfathers have been relying on them to help them anytime their leaders like Ojukwu escape into Abidjan.

May Africa know peace

Thank you for educating them. Some of them are myopic. We that experienced military regime will know that democracy is better. In democracy, after 8 yrs, you or your family has hope that any of them can see the divided. Either as an artisan to render work for a comissional or senator or a tailor to chairman to local government or governor. Is it not in this democracy that Okada rider won federal house of rep. But in military,everything ends in barack.

They are babies and know nothing. Let me list things that will happen immediately military take over
1. Dstv and multichoice may be asked to go. We go back to NTA.
2. They ban Twitter.
3. Ban Facebook.
4. Ban nairaland, nija news etc
5. Ban tittok and many more
6. No more freedom of speech again.

Do you know how many years watching machine have been existing in Europe and Usa ? It was during democratic government that you see some items. Military will make dome cracy law and they don't born u well. Go and read North korea. Primary 6 soldier will be rulling you as president and administrator in each state

Who are the past millitary president?
1. Gowon
2. Obansanjo
3. Babangida
4. Abdusalam
5. Abacha.
6. Buhari.

Help me ask, did you see any igbo ? I pity these small pikin called Obidient. Military will not even allow u to smell gate of anything. Immediately they take over, they will excute ALL MILITARY HIGH RANK OFFICERS of IGBO. Because Hausa / fulani will never be friend witn them.

Onisha market, upweka Awka, Enugu will be dominated by Mayetti Allaah. Fulani heards men will rape and match them and nothing will happen
Yoruba will only feel small heat because we and Hausa lives together that is why every town has Saabo (where muslim settle). I pity these children of hate sha !!
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by Ozommadu: 6:20pm On Aug 30, 2023
okewumi:

Thank you for educating them. Some of them are myopic. We that experienced military regime will know that democracy is better. In democracy, after 8 yrs, you or your family has hope that any of them can see the divided. Either as an artisan to render work for a comissional or senator or a tailor to chairman to local government or governor. Is it not in this democracy that Okada rider won federal house of rep. But in military,everything ends in barack.

They are babies and know nothing. Let me list things that will happen immediately military take over
1. Dstv and multichoice may be asked to go. We go back to NTA.
2. They ban Twitter.
3. Ban Facebook.
4. Ban nairaland, nija news etc
5. Ban tittok and many more
6. No more freedom of speech again.

Do you know how many years watching machine have been existing in Europe and Usa ? It was during democratic government that you see some items. Military will make dome cracy law and they don't born u well. Go and read North korea. Primary 6 soldier will be rulling you as president and administrator in each state

Who are the past millitary president?
1. Gowon
2. Obansanjo
3. Babangida
4. Abdusalam
5. Abacha.
6. Buhari.

Help me ask, did you see any igbo ? I pity these small pikin called Obidient. Military will not even allow u to smell gate of anything. Immediately they take over, they will excute ALL MILITARY HIGH RANK OFFICERS of IGBO. Because Hausa / fulani will never be friend witn them.

Onisha market, upweka Awka, Enugu will be dominated by Mayetti Allaah. Fulani heards men will rape and match them and nothing will happen
Yoruba will only feel small heat because we and Hausa lives together that is why every town has Saabo (where muslim settle). I pity these children of hate sha !!

You should be happy nau...atleast the igbos you love to hate will suffer more
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by hakeemhakeem(m): 9:15pm On Aug 30, 2023
Ozommadu:

Chai grin, typical yoluba Muslim man...you Don change mouth asap asap

What is it about changed mouth,NLC isn't a cadets where they obey the last command.it called a congress for a reason
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by Ademolag(m): 9:24am On Aug 31, 2023
I just Dy laugh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Moon Landing Today: US Clinches First Touchdown In 50 Years / Nelson Mandela Is On Life Support / AP Journalist Behind The Report Of A Russian Missile In Poland Has Been Fired

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.