Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,020 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? (16724 Views)

Protests Against Coup In Sudan As Military Seizes Power (Photos) / Coup In Mali: President And Prime Minister Arrested By The Army / Military Coup In Gabon. Army Takes Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by Zupay: 10:43am On Aug 30, 2023
Ivory coast, Togo, Benin Republic loading......
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by Bfly: 10:44am On Aug 30, 2023
What could be worse than bad democracy?
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by Stevosty: 10:44am On Aug 30, 2023
When ECOWAS made a man of questionable character their head, I knew that organisation is doomed.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by nick50(m): 10:44am On Aug 30, 2023
Niger Royal company is next..God will liberate his people

1 Like

Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by Solari8(m): 10:45am On Aug 30, 2023
Many times I laugh at our situation in Africa, many think out leader are bad ,but I disagree with that opinion,I believe we black generally has a fundamental problem we are created for a particular reason,why is it that all black nation even the ones outside Africa has one issue or the other, just that Africa issues are very critical. We always pray for good leaders in Africa but we always forget to pray for good citizens.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by cjudy(m): 10:46am On Aug 30, 2023
jeromestarks:
There are two things I would like to say here:
1. Military coup can not happen in Nigeria so take your mind off it.

2. Marry a virgin woman or else no military coup can save you from suffering in that marriage because your wh0res wife will surely fvck her ex the moment he shows up to her imon Facebook or in the market and you will train another man's child thinking it's yours.

I have spoken.
What’s wrong with your brain? 🧠

1 Like

Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by helpee(m): 10:47am On Aug 30, 2023
k
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by enemyofprogress: 10:48am On Aug 30, 2023
cjudy:
smiley
No implications. Stop deceiving the citizens.
You old fools and politicians caused it. You can’t conduct credible election, you can’t provide for the masses and yet you are talking about military takeover. If the military take over will bring sanity to any country then let that country adopt military regime at least we are not enjoying anything in democracy except looting and rigging
democracy even made olosho that used to be very ship before to be very expenses now

1 Like

Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by enemyofprogress: 10:50am On Aug 30, 2023
helpee:

Let us assume you are talking to Yorubas. I take it you are a child. Ask your grand parents. People trooped to the streets to celebrate anytime the military took over in the 80s and 90s. It usually takes them an average of 6months to start crying blood.

I can see the Igbos are now clamoring for coup just because obi lost. It is the same Yorubas that you called Agbados that usually fought the military in those days while your grandfathers in the east were hiding.

From Gani Fawehinmi to Wole Soyinka to Femi falana to Fela, to Beko Kuti to TAI SOLARIN to NADECO and many more

WHILE TINUBU WAS FIGHTING ABACHA IN EXILE, PETER OBI WAS BUSY COLLECTING JOB as TIN CAN PORTS CHAIRMAN FROM THE BRUTAL DICTATOR.

I only hope you Igbos get what you want again. Another Coup. By the time the military incarcerate your generation for speaking thrash on Twitter and Nairaland , you will beg the AGBADOS to fight for you the way your grandfathers have been relying on them to help them anytime their leaders like Ojukwu escape into Abidjan.

May Africa know peace
oro lomo eleti nje. Wehdone bro for educating the modafoka
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by Figger(m): 10:51am On Aug 30, 2023
Democracy is not good for Africa, until then, let the military prevail. Forget about the west, we're not the same people intellectually, so what works for them may not work for us. Democracy has not benefited us in any way. I remember in the 80s and 90s, things were way much better than now, so u can see the difference is glaringly clear.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by enemyofprogress: 10:51am On Aug 30, 2023
cjudy:

What’s wrong with your brain? 🧠
he doesn't have one anymore

1 Like

Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by uuzba(m): 10:53am On Aug 30, 2023
Figger:
Democracy is not good for Africa, until then, let the military prevail. Forget about the west, we're not the people intellectually, so what works for them may not work for us. Democracy has not benefited us in any way. I remember in the 80s and 90s, things were way much better than now, so u can see the difference is glaringly clear.
The only thing that will really bite us about coup is that Telecoms will just stop.
No internet on any network.
Even Starlink won't work.
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by NOwazobia: 10:53am On Aug 30, 2023
Democracy is a fake gold in Africa.

It has been what is forcing the masses to love what they once Hate.

Democracy has been a tool for the west so far, while the indegenous masses are left in ruins.
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by cjudy(m): 10:53am On Aug 30, 2023
enemyofprogress:
democracy even made olosho that used to be very ship before to be very expenses now
Bros abeg no kill me
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by firearcher: 10:55am On Aug 30, 2023
Military rule will always be a step backward. Grow your democracy no matter how long it may take. Every great nation of the world has their dark history of political instability and collapse.

I will never support a military take over of government, because they are the most difficult to unseat.

And they exercise their power through decrees, the force of gun and threat to lifes. No matter how good their intentions. Rather than rule through concensus, debate and collectivism, no matter how little.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by 1phone(m): 10:55am On Aug 30, 2023
;Dthen we should be ready to watch how G-string would be wrestling with the pointed cl*t on national television on heated argument
😆
saphiere:
Give power to women. Men have tried but failed.
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by Stevosty: 10:56am On Aug 30, 2023
helpee:

Let us assume you are talking to Yorubas. I take it you are a child. Ask your grand parents. People trooped to the streets to celebrate anytime the military took over in the 80s and 90s. It usually takes them an average of 6months to start crying blood.

I can see the Igbos are now clamoring for coup just because obi lost. It is the same Yorubas that you called Agbados that usually fought the military in those days while your grandfathers in the east were hiding.

From Gani Fawehinmi to Wole Soyinka to Femi falana to Fela, to Beko Kuti to TAI SOLARIN to NADECO and many more

WHILE TINUBU WAS FIGHTING ABACHA IN EXILE, PETER OBI WAS BUSY COLLECTING JOB as TIN CAN PORTS CHAIRMAN FROM THE BRUTAL DICTATOR.

I only hope you Igbos get what you want again. Another Coup. By the time the military incarcerate your generation for speaking thrash on Twitter and Nairaland , you will beg the AGBADOS to fight for you the way your grandfathers have been relying on them to help them anytime their leaders like Ojukwu escape into Abidjan.

May Africa know peace
Stop assuming nonsense, he wasn't referring to the yorubas but agbadorians, you know yourselves, do you know the number of yorubas who voted Obi aside the touts? We don't pray for military takeover but the man of questionable character who has unleashed hell on Nigeria within 2 months will leave that seat, how can somebody on exile claim he fought Abacha?
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by ThiefnubuBandit(f): 10:56am On Aug 30, 2023
Ozommadu:
Wait for hopeless agbado crew to come and educate you for free,lol.

Dem job no easy aswear

Cc: helinues
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by Blazebond(m): 10:57am On Aug 30, 2023
It's going to plunge the continent into many years of backwardness,I tell you this with conviction that African military coups will be a serious setback to the gains of democracy,years of mismanagement and excess corruption and also add to that the silence of the voice of the opposition, military coups are bad and will never ever be the solution.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by BabaO2: 10:57am On Aug 30, 2023
iwaeda:
What are the direct implications of coup in Africa to the of Africa?
It seems coup is now the new form of government in West Africa and this morning another Central Africa country, Gabon, joined the fray. grin grin
Gabo military intervention is long overdue. The president has been ruling in proxy. African countries staging coup are poor and weak nations, they are not leaders of Africa.
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by Kingpele(m): 10:59am On Aug 30, 2023
[quote author=helpee post=125457932]

Dem job no easy aswear
[i][/i]

@ozommadu.

May Africa know peace[ yoruba Muslims are particularly cowards tinubu that was selling heroine in the street of Chicago is the one that u claimed fought against military regime...oga go and chop your agbado in peace
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by Ozommadu: 11:00am On Aug 30, 2023
helpee:

May Africa know peace

Is Abacha not better than Ebola?? Even your darling daddy buhari said Abacha was a Saint, did he not?

What did tinubu do in lagos for 8wasted yrs as governor of a former state capital? Most of the infrastructures in lagos today was built by the military regime, is it not so??

I know you're a yoruba Muslim and that's why you're defending iniquity

1 Like

Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by okeysoninv: 11:01am On Aug 30, 2023
Prophesy fulfilled on coup I Africa. Next is wars, endless wars and crisis in Africa . Pray for africa continent. More coup is underway . Then wars and crisis will resume. Pray , God anger is Africa.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by emani03(m): 11:05am On Aug 30, 2023
Tribalism can’t allow you educate people well with your comments.

Through your note, i know you are educated but the Yoruba tribalism in you wouldn’t allow you pass the message on your mind.

Nigeria youths should kill tribalism in their hearts. It has eaten deep in their souls.(both Hausa,Igbo and Yoruba).

Why can’t you know that the enemy is the politicians
Who lie and fail you not your common Nigeria whom you both suffer in silence.

Preach love, if we aren’t united,we will go no where.
helpee:

Dem job no easy aswear
[i][/i]

@ozommadu.

May Africa know peace
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by membranus: 11:05am On Aug 30, 2023
iwaeda:
What are the direct implications of coup in Africa to the of Africa?
It seems coup is now the new form of government in West Africa and this morning another Central Africa country, Gabon, joined the fray. grin grin

It is needed in Francophone countries to correct governance anomalies in those countries.

That is if the military coupists are sincere, and do not turn to a worst form of scavengers, as is always the case.
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by parkervero(m): 11:06am On Aug 30, 2023
Honestly if the coup is against the tyranny of France it's a right direction towards liberation from modern slavery
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by delpee(f): 11:07am On Aug 30, 2023
It's the crude way of telling sit tight leaders who are collaborating with colonial masters that the people are tired. That's why the populace rejoices and supports the military.

We've had enough of that in Nigeria and fought hard for democracy. However, the current crop of leaders need to do a rethink and fashion out ways to build an economy that cares for all. That's the only way prevent or reduce bad ideas coming up in people's minds.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by Blakjewelry(m): 11:11am On Aug 30, 2023
thesicilian:
Why are we so afraid of military rule when democracy has not done any better to alleviate the plight of the masses?
If you were a little older under babagida and abacha rule you won't wish for them. They are from the same stock as the average politician but this time with absolute power.
You can even criticize them like you do government today. Apart from the numerous direct impact, there will be a lot of international sanctions which will gravely impact business Infact hunger and poverty will triple.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by ORIAYO70(m): 11:12am On Aug 30, 2023
iwaeda:

We are waking up to realities of 1960s, 70s, 80s and early 90s. To tell our selves the truth, the kind of democracy being practised are not giving hope to the populace. grin grin grin grin grin

Tell us if the Military will do better, kind money wey Abacha stole, naija no go chop am finish in 30yrs to come
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by Jeffyblaq(m): 11:12am On Aug 30, 2023
The unexpected is bound to happen someday, never INNEVITABLE..

When itz painful and bloody, such expectations are IMMINENT. ..

Other sane government should keep doing the RIGHT THING...

Every actual time is certainly UNKNOWN
Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by firearcher: 11:12am On Aug 30, 2023
Blazebond:
It's going to plunge the continent into many years of backwardness,I tell you this with conviction that African military coups will be a serious setback to the gains of democracy,years of mismanagement and excess corruption and also add to that the silence of the voice of the opposition, military coups are bad and will never ever be the solution.

Its like they say, people don't realize what they have until its gone. Kind of baffling that people assume that those in the military will not be as power drunk or corrupted like many of their kins in civilians cloths. They forget that the military is also infected with the same malice of corruption, tribalism and religious sentiments that plague us all.

We already witness the overbearing behaviour and high-handedness of military personnel and their disregards for the rule of law when dealing with civilians.
At least we get to denounce and condemn them in public when this happen without fear of retribution. But in a full military government, I wonder what degree of freedom we will be permitted to exercise.

Now some want them to be in full control in order to spite the so called corrupted politicians - tragic! Sadly, our politicians as well as the people have not learned from history, and it may end up repeating itself.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? by ORIAYO70(m): 11:14am On Aug 30, 2023
thesicilian:
Why are we so afraid of military rule when democracy has not done any better to alleviate the plight of the masses?

Calculate the numbers of year's military rules Nigeria, also calculate the numbers of civilian rule, now tell me of what benefit is military if it's not sorrow tears n blood according to Fela

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Moon Landing Today: US Clinches First Touchdown In 50 Years / Nelson Mandela Is On Life Support / US And UK Carry Out Strikes Against Iran-Backed Houthis In Yemen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.