Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,869 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer (31237 Views)

NUC Busts 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria, Arrests Proprietors (names) / Two Siblings Who Make Love Together Receive Parents' Blessing / Names Of 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria Released By NUC - Full List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by MummyMalik: 11:36am On Aug 30, 2023
money121:
Seen

You have done more than this sir by providing free jamb forms for over 100 students.
On this forum, you have a particular kid that you pay 10,000 monthly without even knowing him.
You hold a record for being the first member of nairaland to organise weekly giveaway.

Melo la fe ka ninu eyin adipele

L'oke l'oke ni e o ma lo
Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by Chetas81(m): 11:36am On Aug 30, 2023
omooba969:

Generally speaking, the black man's brain is not particularly well equipped to cope with modernization.

Do you agree? smiley
kilode hhhhmmm no be lie
Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by qtx(m): 11:39am On Aug 30, 2023
ACRI:
All the haters of Nigeria

Hope this news change your mind that there's still something good about your country and your unpatriotic acts will one day haunt you if you don't have a change of heart
Why should we use bad situation as a standard? Nigeria can be better, dont tell us to console ourselves with bad situation. Why must we even?
Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by jawalis(m): 11:46am On Aug 30, 2023
omooba969:

Thanks for this but would you say this has equipped you with transferrable skills so you're able to work in a different setting?

How do you intend to adapt your skills in a different setting suppose you're offered a job elsewhere?
Yes. It indeed has furnished me with skills to function in different settings. With my data analysis skill, I’ll be able to function as a data entry and analysis staff/officer to any firm who requires such service. Also, health information Management has equipped me with the faceted experience to work as a secretary and Office manager to organizations that requires such service. I can as well function efficiently in any human resource role with my human relational knowledge. Stock keeping is also another area where I’ll perform excellently with my Record and analysis training amongst other.
Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by omooba969(m): 11:58am On Aug 30, 2023
jawalis:

Yes. It indeed has furnished me with skills to function in different settings. With my data analysis skill, I’ll be able to function as a data entry and analysis staff/officer to any firm who requires such service. Also, health information Management has equipped me with the faceted experience to work as a secretary and Office manager to organizations that requires such service. I can as well function efficiently in any human resource role with my human relational knowledge. Stock keeping is also another area where I’ll perform excellently with my Record and analysis training amongst other.

Cool. Another hurdle is to checking if getting a suitable job is feasible in Ilorin. You might want to explore the possibility of moving to a more economically viable area/state.
Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by Digbick: 12:00pm On Aug 30, 2023
I served very close to those areas, the school i served during nysc, some student have there houses around or at the top of a hill where they need to cross a river, if it rains they will need to wait for a day or two to resume back to school. We visited some of the students during my nysc days in cross river. Same goes for those living on obudu cattle ranch, some walk for 2 or 3 hours before reaching school.

Let's just thank God for our life in different cities.

1 Like

Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by Allisgud: 12:00pm On Aug 30, 2023
If American country is accessible like this,I don't mind to trek for one week,just my head phone,enough snacks and energy drink pus water
Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by Dafresh: 12:35pm On Aug 30, 2023
EKONGKING:
No wonder Cameroon separatists and IPOB have many things in common .

Destroying schools like boko haram.
Between you, your lord and personal savior that increased school fees from 45k to 120k, University 30k to 200k transportation hike, high coast of pen from 50# to 100# books from 100# to 250# costly price of school uniforms and IPOB that are even sponsoring free education in the East who is better
Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by martinm45: 12:42pm On Aug 30, 2023
How can I contact these children? I know a diaspora NGO that can help them
Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by Munzy14(m): 1:59pm On Aug 30, 2023
StoriesUpdate:
Cost of Education: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Cameroon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlE-UmNM3nk

Popular entertainer, Ghana Must Go has encountered four siblings trekking from Obudu border in Cross River to Cameroon, their home country at the end of the academic term in Nigeria where they school.

He was in the area for his entertainment adventure when he sighted the kids whose actual ages are not known but the eldest who is in SS 1 could be about 15 years.

They school in an area called Kotanga in Cross River state from where they go back at the end of every term to their home Kalumo in Cameroon by foot.

When asked why they were trekking, they told Ghana Must Go that they don't have money to hire a bike, popularly called okada back to their home.

The kids said they would trek all night without a telephone or any other means of communication. They said they would use torchlight to illuminate the road path as they proceed on the journey they would have them arrive him in the evening of next day.

When a motorcycle operator, popularly called okada was asked the cost of conveying the four siblings, he said each is N5,000.

On why they left their part of Cameroon to school in Nigeria, the kids said the schools there have all been destroyed as a result of the crisis.

They usually trek back to Nigeria upon resumption of school as well.

Ghana Must Go however offset the cost of okada for the four kids, which stood at N20,000. This enabled them to board two bikes to their home.

He also gave them additional N10,000 which they can change to a local currency upon arrival in Cameroon.

He further promised to make accommodation available for them around their school while also praying for the crisis in their country to be over.

He commended their resilience and courage in making the sacrifice to acquire education.
The depth of decay and corrupt system in Africa.

Brought the suffering..smh
Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by Papayaayasager(m): 2:40pm On Aug 30, 2023
Go fund Ghana must go to continue the lord's work on those siblings,

But what were the siblings eating for those 58 hours trekking?
Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by ComeToJesus: 4:45pm On Aug 30, 2023
I don't know...This really touched me. Life seems to be unfairly unfair.

I wish they are within reach for some support.

This life....

And the weather there is something else..
From some parts of cross River, you'll experience the cold and foggy atmosphere of that region.
Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by thecommunist(m): 7:39pm On Aug 30, 2023
a better idea would be to buy 2 bikes for their parents so that they can drop them at school at the beginning of the term , come pick them at the end of the term. and use the bike to Hussle in between.
Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by sylve11: 8:41pm On Aug 30, 2023
Life! sad cool
Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by Haboseyday(f): 9:30pm On Aug 30, 2023
shox:
you need comot for ilorin first,

Nothing dey that town. But that failed blogger haboseyday will not agree

Whatever you lay your hands upon will always become a failure
You'll never prosper
Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by SeunOsewaIsDiot: 9:46pm On Aug 30, 2023
EKONGKING:
No wonder Cameroon separatists and IPOB have many things in common .

Destroying schools like boko haram.

But the IPOB sons and daughters are the ones topping the Nigeria education system, while your own brothes and sisters are into robbery and prostitution

Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by MasterTee007: 12:01am On Aug 31, 2023
My friend from Liberia told me about what they went through when they had the War. Some idiots will say let Nigeria go to war...let us bring everything down...then you realize not everyone get sense. Let us ground the economy...let us ground the govt...when all you see is the cry of war ...you will know that their children and children children have options.

I was against Yoruba Nation for the same reason...only to later discover the dude got German residency
I was against Biafra nation for the same reason ...only to discover the dude got British residency
You see the one causing trouble in SE...you discover the dude got Finish residency.

When normal people with intelligence no get sense, they allow people with options to dictate to them and leave them with no option. If only Nigerians know how much we are hated by our african brethren...we wont want disorder...because we cant run anywhere ...the 200m plus and be greeted with open arms. I have options, but I still have common sense. Anyone telling you to bring the country down after tribunal...find out if they have options or their children or children's children...if they do, tell them to GO TO HELL.

StoriesUpdate:
Cost of Education: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Cameroon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlE-UmNM3nk

Popular entertainer, Ghana Must Go has encountered four siblings trekking from Obudu border in Cross River to Cameroon, their home country at the end of the academic term in Nigeria where they school.

He was in the area for his entertainment adventure when he sighted the kids whose actual ages are not known but the eldest who is in SS 1 could be about 15 years.

They school in an area called Kotanga in Cross River state from where they go back at the end of every term to their home Kalumo in Cameroon by foot.

When asked why they were trekking, they told Ghana Must Go that they don't have money to hire a bike, popularly called okada back to their home.

The kids said they would trek all night without a telephone or any other means of communication. They said they would use torchlight to illuminate the road path as they proceed on the journey they would have them arrive him in the evening of next day.

When a motorcycle operator, popularly called okada was asked the cost of conveying the four siblings, he said each is N5,000.

On why they left their part of Cameroon to school in Nigeria, the kids said the schools there have all been destroyed as a result of the crisis.

They usually trek back to Nigeria upon resumption of school as well.

Ghana Must Go however offset the cost of okada for the four kids, which stood at N20,000. This enabled them to board two bikes to their home.

He also gave them additional N10,000 which they can change to a local currency upon arrival in Cameroon.

He further promised to make accommodation available for them around their school while also praying for the crisis in their country to be over.

He commended their resilience and courage in making the sacrifice to acquire education.
Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by Haboseyday(f): 8:05am On Aug 31, 2023
shox:
don’t worry. The lord will send you a helper from this apc inflicted sapa.

I hope you don collect your one cup of rice from kwara state government 😀😀😀😀.

You need to apologize for promoting a cemetery as a market place.
Failed blogger . Oloshi

As we are going into this new month, your business will crumble, you'll seek help you'll not find and this curse Shall be upon your children and children's children
As you decide not to rest on top my case, you'll never find rest
You'll eventually die on top my matter

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Know If You Are Among Candidates Scheduled To Re-sit Jamb 2016 / Only One Clipper Was Used To Scrape Off The Hair Of Covenant University Students / Benjamin Ola-Akande, President Of Westminster College, U.S

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.