Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,898 members, 7,814,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer (31234 Views)

NUC Busts 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria, Arrests Proprietors (names) / Names Of 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria Released By NUC - Full List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by StoriesUpdate: 8:24am On Aug 30, 2023
Cost of Education: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Cameroon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlE-UmNM3nk

Popular entertainer, Ghana Must Go has encountered four siblings trekking from Obudu border in Cross River to Cameroon, their home country at the end of the academic term in Nigeria where they school.

He was in the area for his entertainment adventure when he sighted the kids whose actual ages are not known but the eldest who is in SS 1 could be about 15 years.

They school in an area called Kotanga in Cross River state from where they go back at the end of every term to their home Kalumo in Cameroon by foot.

When asked why they were trekking, they told Ghana Must Go that they don't have money to hire a bike, popularly called okada back to their home.

The kids said they would trek all night without a telephone or any other means of communication. They said they would use torchlight to illuminate the road path as they proceed on the journey they would have them arrive him in the evening of next day.

When a motorcycle operator, popularly called okada was asked the cost of conveying the four siblings, he said each is N5,000.

On why they left their part of Cameroon to school in Nigeria, the kids said the schools there have all been destroyed as a result of the crisis.

They usually trek back to Nigeria upon resumption of school as well.

Ghana Must Go however offset the cost of okada for the four kids, which stood at N20,000. This enabled them to board two bikes to their home.

He also gave them additional N10,000 which they can change to a local currency upon arrival in Cameroon.

He further promised to make accommodation available for them around their school while also praying for the crisis in their country to be over.

He commended their resilience and courage in making the sacrifice to acquire education.

94 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by finallybusy: 8:29am On Aug 30, 2023
Okay. Good of him. Funny how those with the least of opportunities make the best of what they can.

50 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by money121(m): 8:32am On Aug 30, 2023
Seen
Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by SolomonGrundy: 9:52am On Aug 30, 2023
Bleep it!
Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by Rikze: 9:52am On Aug 30, 2023
shocked

I'm so touched by the video. We've not seen it all after all.

It's unimaginable what people go through daily. I appreciate the guys in the video, they did well.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by Nicklaus619(m): 9:53am On Aug 30, 2023
Omo, this life no balance

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by oluwaseyi0: 9:53am On Aug 30, 2023
Poverty is some part of Africa aided by different factors is alarming

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by KingLennon(m): 9:53am On Aug 30, 2023
You will be surprised to find out that there are thousands of children in Nigeria who are going through hell to get education...

Your kind gesture will be repayed in due time 'Mr GhanaMustGo'....

24 Likes

Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by SaturnNick(m): 9:54am On Aug 30, 2023
Wow
Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by blaquemyc: 9:54am On Aug 30, 2023
All for the pursuit of education. I hope their sacrifices pay off tomorrow.

12 Likes

Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by EKONGKING: 9:55am On Aug 30, 2023
No wonder Cameroon separatists and IPOB have many things in common .

Destroying schools like boko haram.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by aQUINandmore: 9:55am On Aug 30, 2023
Someone should look for the girl among the kids for me.
I want to teach her how to make money without having to trek and suffer.

I love tinubu, tinubu is my dream sugar daddy.
Please tinubu, love me back I want to show you something please cry cry

I love you tinubu kiss kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by princepeter566: 9:55am On Aug 30, 2023
The impact of tinubu reaches down to Cameroon.

2 Likes

Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by Stanweezy(m): 9:55am On Aug 30, 2023
While some ppl are killing themselves at the embassy to get Visa, this one's just dey cross abroad freely grin grin

21 Likes

Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by Bahamas95(m): 9:55am On Aug 30, 2023
Nawa o, this life nor really balance.

1 Like

Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by GeneralPula: 9:56am On Aug 30, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by eboniest(f): 9:56am On Aug 30, 2023
The kids are really strong and determined..

17 Likes

Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by ThiefnubuBandit: 9:56am On Aug 30, 2023
If foolish idiotic civilians cannot govern Africa properly, let the military take over in all African countries. We need recolonization.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by paymentvoucher: 9:56am On Aug 30, 2023
smiley
Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by paymentvoucher: 9:57am On Aug 30, 2023
princepeter566:
shocked shocked
Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by sukkot: 9:57am On Aug 30, 2023
shocked
Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by odemeetu1: 9:58am On Aug 30, 2023
This is touching and inspiring.....

Value what you have and place your mind to always doing and getting the best

1 Like

Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by Onefornaija24: 9:58am On Aug 30, 2023

DO Jiji ADS WORK for gadgets like phones and laptops?

Is the VIP advert package worth paying for on Jiji?
Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by Sonnobax15(m): 9:58am On Aug 30, 2023
lipsrsealed
It is well.
Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by Solidkay(m): 9:59am On Aug 30, 2023
Sadly,
After all these troubles just to go to school,
They might most probably dump their certificates to go and engage in a different kind of hustle.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by jydeskill1(m): 9:59am On Aug 30, 2023
princepeter566:
Stop typing nonsense.

5 Likes

Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by jawalis(m): 9:59am On Aug 30, 2023
We all face life differently. May we all overcome our challenges, I’m currently facing mine this period and it seems things are not going to get better but we keep hoping and struggling.
Pls Nairalanders, I need Job, formal or informal. I studied Health Information Management in the University and I lives in ilorin, Kwara state.

1 Like

Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by princeade86(m): 9:59am On Aug 30, 2023
U don't pity ur parents if they kidnap u
Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by Ensa777(f): 10:00am On Aug 30, 2023
And here parents were debating sending out their 7 yr old to go on errand in the same street they live in.

One even advised me to stop allowing mine go to school by himself .School that is in my street.

When life is good for you,you start creating fears for yourself.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by Kingpele(m): 10:00am On Aug 30, 2023
Chai God please help Africa out...we fight unnecessary wars using funds for better things to kill fellow humans and to destroy infrastructures which was built with money ...wars is still the highest degradation of human race ...because of crisis in their own community they had to trek every term back to their own country....God bless this kids with bright future and prosperity
Re: Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer by ACRI: 10:01am On Aug 30, 2023
All the haters of Nigeria

Hope this news change your mind that there's still something good about your country and your unpatriotic acts will one day haunt you if you don't have a change of heart

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Benjamin Ola-Akande, President Of Westminster College, U.S / Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam / Please Help; I'm Too Shy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.