Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,498 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service (9257 Views)

Rumpus In Civil Service Over New Tenure System / Edo 'go Digital', Prohibits Physical Files Documentation In State Civil Service / Jonathan: Uncertainty After Retirement Is Fuelling Corruption In Civil Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by callmevirus(m): 8:59am On Aug 30, 2023
aQUINandmore:
The few good roads in Benin were done by the previous administrations.
No single good road in benin city, schools dead, electricity dead, security dead, no single form of development for a whole seven years under this coconut head man.

God knows I dislike this man, I wish he can be my sugar daddy so I can also chop my share of the national cake cry cry

Obaseki please tell me you love me, I want to show you something.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 What do you want to show him?
Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by Manofsteel2013(m): 8:59am On Aug 30, 2023
That's good
Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by Bfly: 9:00am On Aug 30, 2023
This will also have consequences that outweigh its benefits.
Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by wink2015(m): 9:01am On Aug 30, 2023
This is a good initiative by the Edo state government.

This is E-GOVERNANCE or Electronic Governance.

It is reduced time and government bureaucracies or red tape, paper costs, wastages, time and fraud.

The United Arab Emirates and some government in the arabian gulf regions have long adopted E-GOVERNANCE Model.

I think the Edo state government copied this model from the UAE where this PAPAR LESS system has been in full operations over the years.
Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by Netsuccor1(m): 9:01am On Aug 30, 2023
Digitization is the way to go.

Paper-based system is no longer the industry standard in any company or organization. Instead, software helps you automate operations from anywhere, anytime!
Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by contentmakerPRO: 9:01am On Aug 30, 2023
aQUINandmore:
No single good road in benin city, schools dead, electricity dead, security dead, no single form of development for a whole seven years under this coconut head man.

God knows I dislike this man, I wish he can be my sugar daddy so I can also chop my share of the national cake cry cry

Edo no be Lagos na. Yu no vote for him ni? How are you doing.
Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by Akaegwu(m): 9:07am On Aug 30, 2023
post=125455494:
Edo no be Lagos true true........
We all know your allegiance to lifeless leaders.
Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by Mccullum: 9:10am On Aug 30, 2023
Good reforms, there is no institution can fully work with 100% paperless,

using of paper can only be reduced to like 20% or 15%. That's the reality.

2 Likes

Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by honour7: 9:10am On Aug 30, 2023
Fibonacci88:
Do the civil servants have official email? How many civil servants in Edo state are computer literate. Does the state have the a tech team to manage Thier web mails? All this questions need to be answered before releasing any circular. This is just a knee jerk decision just like the one Baba blu made at eagle square that has sent millions of Nigerians into untold hardship.

Edo state has a free ict center by the state government that has been running for up to seven years now, in which you can learn any computer skill from basic desktop publishing to programming. People from other state even attend.

It's just for any civil servant departmental head to put a call across and their staff are usually incorporated in any of the batches for the program they want to learn.

So no excuse for any staff who is in the Civil service and not computer literate.

3 Likes

Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by Viktori(m): 9:11am On Aug 30, 2023
aQUINandmore:

I do sincerely respect your opinion but I can't but wish to point out that the GENERALIZATION you did here is quite wrong.

I'm not a fan or supporter of the Governor but when good things are done, it should be commended.

Benin City isn't Edo State hence the scare resources must be spread across the state. Moreover, there are still road projects done by the current administration that's standing tall.

You didn't mention the civil service reforms like the OP commended or the buildings you see around, you didn't mention the street light projects and mind you provision of electricity for state citizens isn't a state government project until altered by Fmr. Pres. Buhari in May, 2023.

You didn't mention the revamps in the school section (building of schools, provision of school books and textbooks, the EdoBest, etc).

You didn't mention the State owned security network?

Come on, use your hands and beat your chest that nothing good has happened here in seven (7) years.

When someone does something good commend him and when wrong correct him.

1 Like

Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by TheOgaBoss: 9:13am On Aug 30, 2023
Fibonacci88:
Do the civil servants have official email? How many civil servants in Edo state are computer literate. Does the state have the a tech team to manage Thier web mails? All this questions need to be answered before releasing any circular. This is just a knee jerk decision just like the one Baba blu made at eagle square that has sent millions of Nigerians into untold hardship.
how do u know those things are not in place before jumping to 5he conclusion that it is a knee jerk decision?

3 Likes

Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by Ensa777(f): 9:13am On Aug 30, 2023
It's important

1 Like

Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by Lumig: 9:13am On Aug 30, 2023
tnerro1:
Initial gra gar, u no get stable power supply, u wan do e governance, with the new power law signed by tinubu, instead of the governor to look for investor to set up an IPP plant , he is doing white elephant e governance , dey play

We go ask how far 3 months from now
Na gragra as you said but there's nothing initial about it
Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 9:15am On Aug 30, 2023
Fibonacci88:
How long does it take to get an email sir?
Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 9:16am On Aug 30, 2023
tnerro1:
Initial gra gar, u no get stable power supply, u wan do e governance, with the new power law signed by tinubu, instead of the governor to look for investor to set up an IPP plant , he is doing white elephant e governance , dey play

You guys just have to criticise everything.
Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by Viktori(m): 9:18am On Aug 30, 2023
Fibonacci88:

I wish to address some questions you raised as an active observer of the government and this paperless transition.

Yes, civil servants in the Agencies, Ministries and Department own a personalized email address linked to the E-Gov portal and the State owned Wireless Connection which provides them seamless connection.

The State Government has a Staff Training Academy for training and retraining of staffs (JOOPSA you can verify). Also the government has an innovation hub to train staffs and private individuals also.

The State has an agency to manage all these know as EDO ICTA.
Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by SamuelELEFAN: 9:19am On Aug 30, 2023
It will be hard to hide evidence
Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by boogie2: 9:20am On Aug 30, 2023
Fibonacci88:
This is not the correct position. Obaseki has been pushing ICT in all sectors of the economy. From the parks to the classroom to the hospitals to tax collection. Just name it.

2 Likes

Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by EhisChelsea1(m): 9:21am On Aug 30, 2023
Fibonacci88:

Yes, ALL civil servants in Edo State have official email and ALL civil servants in Edo are compute literate…ALL.

This policy isn’t a “wake and see” policy. It has been projected for some years now and series of trainings were done to ensure everyone is prepared for it. Over 70% or 80% of the state civil servants have been given laptops by the government and there is free internet services within all government buildings. The remaining 20% or so, (although have access to office laptops presently) will soon be given their own personal laptop.

Edo state have had an ICT (tech team) unit that is highly skilled and professional since the days of Oshiomhole……

So sir, yes, this is a well thought out, carefully planned policy that have been phasing in gradually within the past 4 years

1 Like

Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by tnerro1(m): 9:21am On Aug 30, 2023
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

You guys just have to criticise everything.

Calm down, 3 months no far, we don see these things for Abuja wey get better light and still e no dey work most times, talk less of Edo state wey they get light blackout for 3 weeks.

3 months no far, we go check am after
Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by Orbhagbemi555: 9:22am On Aug 30, 2023
Ozommadu:
Edo no be lagos for sure

This right here will be the end of Ebola age long state capture in lagos...dem no born sanwolu to try am grin

It should be public and transparent too
Little pain in agulu 😁😁
Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by boogie2: 9:22am On Aug 30, 2023
Viktori:

I wish to address some questions you raised as an active observer of the government and this paperless transition.

Yes, civil servants in the Agencies, Ministries and Department own a personalized email address linked to the E-Gov portal and the State owned Wireless Connection which provides them seamless connection.

The State Government has a Staff Training Academy for training and retraining of staffs (JOOPSA you can verify). Also the government has an innovation hub to train staffs and private individuals also.

The State has an agency to manage all these know as EDO ICTA.

Thank you. I nor know say u don answer the guy. For this ICT matter I score Obaseki full points.

1 Like

Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by MadamExcellency: 9:27am On Aug 30, 2023
Fibonacci88:

If Jamb students can, civil servant should.

There was no question paper during 2023 UMTE Examination

1 Like

Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by EhisChelsea1(m): 9:27am On Aug 30, 2023
tnerro1:

Edo state government has its own power plant already. Infact, there are 3 power plants in Edo state as at today. BEDC owned by the federal govt. Adura Power plant (a PPP project) and Osisomo Power plant owned by the state govt. ALL Edo state government buildings (Ministries, Agencies, Parastatals) are powered by Osisomo power plant. Most parts of GRA, Sapele Road and Airport road are already tapping into Osisomo Power plant. They are still trying to cover more grounds. When they pass through your area, and you desire to tap in, you apply and it is step down in your street…

….and Yes, OSISOMO POWER PLANT GIVES YOU 24 HOURS LIGHT….. 24 HOURS…..

1 Like

Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by flexyrule(m): 9:29am On Aug 30, 2023
Fibonacci88:
You people must condemn everything. Even good initiatives!

1. What does it take to open an email?
2. In this 21st century, is it even normal to employ people who don't have basic computer skills?
3. Assembling a tech team to manage webmails (that if there is none) isn't rocket science. It can even be an avenue to create employment.

No matter the angel you war to look at this, it is a good initiative.

If I were a Mayor or Head of the civil service, I'll conduct a CBT test for all civil servants, and replace the obsolete employees with a younger, more vibrant, internet savvy candidate.
Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by boogie2: 9:30am On Aug 30, 2023
tnerro1:

Very wrong assumption bro. The civil service secretariat, the stadium and other critical government infrastructure are serviced by our ossiomo power plant with 24hrs light. We nor Dey use Nepa.

1 Like

Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by U09ce: 9:32am On Aug 30, 2023
I was once at the Edo State Secretariat. I was impressed with the infrastructure. Fairly maintained. 24 hours electricity. Solid buildings. Working elevators etc. However, I'm not sure this big leap will work if all the civil servants don't have the right tools and training
Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by fmbag1980: 9:33am On Aug 30, 2023
Well, for a paperwork job to yield good results, it must function under hacker-less situation.

Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by fineboynl(m): 9:35am On Aug 30, 2023
The guy is already scared. He trust no one. He doesn't want them to do him contact transfer.
Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by Jozilinn: 9:35am On Aug 30, 2023
aQUINandmore:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by WantsandMore: 9:36am On Aug 30, 2023
Lol...
Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by Ozommadu: 9:38am On Aug 30, 2023
Orbhagbemi555:

Little pain in agulu 😁😁

Agulu far batter than iragbiji

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Caught With 25 Pvcs In Edo State / Fuel Scarcity Looms As NUPENG Issues 7-day Strike Notice / Check Out The Top 10 Richest Kings In Nigeria And Their Net Worth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.