Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,358 members, 7,829,911 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service (9255 Views)

Rumpus In Civil Service Over New Tenure System / Edo 'go Digital', Prohibits Physical Files Documentation In State Civil Service / Jonathan: Uncertainty After Retirement Is Fuelling Corruption In Civil Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by Viktori(m): 9:39am On Aug 30, 2023
tnerro1:
Initial gra gar, u no get stable power supply, u wan do e governance, with the new power law signed by tinubu, instead of the governor to look for investor to set up an IPP plant , he is doing white elephant e governance , dey play

We go ask how far 3 months from now

🤣🤣🤣

Things like this you'll ask what has he put in place not to draw up lines like this.

Do you know the government as connect almost all government owned offices be it agencies or department and ministries to an IPP in the state called OssiomoPower.

Verify
Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by aQUINandmore: 9:43am On Aug 30, 2023
Viktori:

I do sincerely respect your opinion but I can't but wish to point out that the GENERALIZATION you did here is quite wrong.

I'm not a fan or supporter of the Governor but when good things are done, it should be commended.

Benin City isn't Edo State hence the scare resources must be spread across the state. Moreover, there are still road projects done by the current administration that's standing tall.

You didn't mention the civil service reforms like the OP commended or the buildings you see around, you didn't mention the street light projects and mind you provision of electricity for state citizens isn't a state government project until altered by Fmr. Pres. Buhari in May, 2023.

You didn't mention the revamps in the school section (building of schools, provision of school books and textbooks, the EdoBest, etc).

You didn't mention the State owned security network?

Come on, use your hands and beat your chest that nothing good has happened here in seven (7) years.

When someone does something good commend him and when wrong correct him.
grin grin
Maybe you are writing from another state Sha.
Which roads are still standing tall? Do you know how many parts of Edo State I cover in a week due to my wakawaka business?
Which roads are you taking about when the internal roads in Benin metro are all eyesore?

Which other part of Edo State did he work in when he didn't do a shiit in Benin city and I see you making excuses of scarce resources when edo state is among the states that receives one of the highest fed allocation, 13 percent derivation, borrow borrow and IGR.

Which building am I seeing around? Every new building I see around are built by private individuals and they end up not having access roads to their newly built houses, or you want me to commend him for renovating the state secretariat? Or you think I'm kolomental patent to be happy that a whole state governor went to commission Street light at night? When most of the street lights in the whole benin metro are not working?

Despite the money spent on osisiomo power project we were told there would be improvement in our electricity when the project comes up but what do we have now? More darkness.

Did I see you mentioning education cry cry cry or are you sure you are in edo state.
Who doesn't know obaseki has rubbished the Edo education system from tertiary to basic?
It's a pity you can be deceived by edo best rhytorics, which edo best when secondary schools are dead in edo, no teachers, no chairs and dilapidated school buildings?
Someone that drastically reduced subvention funds of all the tertiary institutions in edo from hundreds of millions to peanuts, someone that closed tertiary schools for years in the name of renovation?

Which state owned security you dey talk about?
The ones that are busy chasing drivers up and down for settlement or the ones that are hunting for yahoo boys to find them small thing.
Which state security when the entire stretch of benin auchi road is a den of criminals?

I know you are not here in Benin, ask people in Benin about this man called obaseki.

I only like him because I know he will spend on me very much when he eventually becomes my sugar daddy.
I love you obaseki baby kiss kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by emmy512: 9:45am On Aug 30, 2023
With these in edo alone atleast 5000 IT SUPPORT, 500 system administrators etc should be hired but no they won't do that.

Setup mails, setup com channels, etc
Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by GeneralPula: 9:49am On Aug 30, 2023
Maazieze:
More states should follow, and adopt adequate Cybersecurity, i heard the blockchain can be useful as a ledger or id
More wins for hackers o bro..

Cyber security ma foot..
Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by ayclem01(m): 9:51am On Aug 30, 2023
Viktori:

I do sincerely respect your opinion but I can't but wish to point out that the GENERALIZATION you did here is quite wrong.

I'm not a fan or supporter of the Governor but when good things are done, it should be commended.

Benin City isn't Edo State hence the scare resources must be spread across the state. Moreover, there are still road projects done by the current administration that's standing tall.

You didn't mention the civil service reforms like the OP commended or the buildings you see around, you didn't mention the street light projects and mind you provision of electricity for state citizens isn't a state government project until altered by Fmr. Pres. Buhari in May, 2023.

You didn't mention the revamps in the school section (building of schools, provision of school books and textbooks, the EdoBest, etc).

You didn't mention the State owned security network?

Come on, use your hands and beat your chest that nothing good has happened here in seven (7) years.

When someone does something good commend him and when wrong correct him.

Lie lie. Big fat lies this morning. Obaseki that constructed civil service building at sapele road for good eight years, no single road is motorable in Benin city, street light all bad, have u been to ugbowo recently. Traffic hmmm... Edo is in a shite hole under this Lucifer. His cup is getting filled already... He has less than 1year. We re waiting...
Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by SaturnNick(m): 9:52am On Aug 30, 2023
This is a joke right 😲😲😲 Even countries like UK and US still use physical files🚶🚶🚶

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by kayusely70(m): 9:52am On Aug 30, 2023
contentmakerPRO:
So that they can easily manipulate data.
It supposed to be backed up by paper not cancellations. Any challenges or accusations will be easier to manipulate and traces deleted.
Thieves in governance.
You may likely proved to be right at the end of the day!
Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by GeneralPula: 9:53am On Aug 30, 2023
contentmakerPRO:
It supposed to be backed up by paper not cancellations. Any challenges or accusations will be easier to manipulate and traces deleted.
Thieves in governance.
Are you not surprised that people are not thinking outside the box?

Tomorrow, they’ll tell them hackers stole $50m from Edo state government. Who them wan face?

1 Like

Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by austinleo78(m): 9:58am On Aug 30, 2023
contentmakerPRO:
Thieves in governance.

Anything digital is traceable sir.. lol

1 Like

Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by Viktori(m): 9:58am On Aug 30, 2023
aQUINandmore:

I am currently in Benin City, you said he hasn't done anything and I pointed out some to you.

I wish you can name internal roads within the city that you know are bad but I will ask you the forgotten inter-roads were they done in the dream? I saw a Governor who fixed roads without announcement. Show me the roads that are bad please. P.S. I never said he did all roads neither did I say all roads in the city are fixed.

I don't work for the Govt neither can I know what the state receives but I'm giving my observations.

Please when will you commission a street light project? At day when it's not in use. I've been in the state since the previous administration and I can tell you those street lights never worked the way this one is. The street lights and traffic lights are working. Auntie please talk another thing.

OssiomoPower is an IPP oh. It's not totally state government owned moreover go to Airport Road, Sapele Road and other areas some private individuals enjoy 24hrs power if you're interested you subscribe to it. The power failure is coming from the BEDC. Are not aware that until May, 2023 the state government could not generate and serve power to it's citizens? Gosh.

Did he renovate the schools or not? Tertiary or Secondary?

I'm in Benin City, I'm not here to praise the government. My point is don't say he didn't do anything. He did somethings but please point it out.
Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by Viktori(m): 10:08am On Aug 30, 2023
ayclem01:

Lie lie. Big fat lies this morning. Obaseki that constructed civil service building at sapele road for good eight years, no single road is motorable in Benin city, street light all bad, have u been to ugbowo recently. Traffic hmmm... Edo is in a shite hole under this Lucifer. His cup is getting filled already... He has less than 1year. We re waiting...

🤣🤣🤣

I can't but laugh when I saw this.

I'm not going to join issues with you please.

How many buildings are there in that complex please? Well let me help you 6 (Block A - D, PALM house and the Civil Service Commission). If he's was to do all once where will he place the staffs, documents and equipment?

You question his timing of doing the buildings but I'm glad you didn't negate that he worked on them. Buildings left over 20 or more years all fixed and completed, equiped before the renovation of the palm house.

I sure do not put my car on my head when driving through the city and I go through good roads oh (not perfect). I don't know about you.

My issue is when you say NO good roads are in Benin City, that Generalization once again is FALLACY.

State the things the way they are. Some roads are good done by the government and others are there to be touched.

I don't know how you're waiting for him oh. He has finished his two terms? Is he contesting again?😂😂
Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by tiswell(m): 10:11am On Aug 30, 2023
aQUINandmore:
The few good roads in Benin were done by the previous administrations.
No single good road in benin city, schools dead, electricity dead, security dead, no single form of development for a whole seven years under this coconut head man.

God knows I dislike this man, I wish he can be my sugar daddy so I can also chop my share of the national cake cry cry

Obaseki please tell me you love me, I want to show you something.
...and you know all these from ya cave in ogbomosho.
Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by aQUINandmore: 10:14am On Aug 30, 2023
Viktori:

I am currently in Benin City, you said he hasn't done anything and I pointed out some to you.

I wish you can name internal roads within the city that you know are bad but I will ask you the forgotten inter-roads were they done in the dream? I saw a Governor who fixed roads without announcement. Show me the roads that are bad please. P.S. I never said he did all roads neither did I say all roads in the city are fixed.

I don't work for the Govt neither can I know what the state receives but I'm giving my observations.

Please when will you commission a street light project? At day when it's not in use. I've been in the state since the previous administration and I can tell you those street lights never worked the way this one is. The street lights and traffic lights are working. Auntie please talk another thing.

OssiomoPower is an IPP oh. It's not totally state government owned moreover go to Airport Road, Sapele Road and other areas some private individuals enjoy 24hrs power if you're interested you subscribe to it. The power failure is coming from the BEDC. Are not aware that until May, 2023 the state government could not generate and serve power to it's citizens? Gosh.

Did he renovate the schools or not? Tertiary or Secondary?

I'm in Benin City, I'm not here to praise the government. My point is don't say he didn't do anything. He did somethings but please point it out.
I live between airport road and sapele road, in what area here do people enjoy 24 hours light?

Chai, have you ever seen a whole governor commissioning street light since you were born? Not to talk of in a state that receives 13 percent derivation funds and one of the highest fg allocations.
Such anormally can't happen in states with far lesser allocation like ebonyi, nasarawa, enugu etc

Which secondary school did he renovate?
Ekiadolor and Usen closed for no justifiable reasons.

I still tell you, ask people in Benin about this useless man called obaseki, you are obviously not in edo.

This man destroyed the little progress he met on ground.
A whole state of 18 local govts started remitting paltry 3 million naira monthly to the State curfers.

Come, are you a virgin?
Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by osayuwamwen(m): 10:14am On Aug 30, 2023
Edo already have osiomo power plants that generates, transmit and distribute power 24hrs and it is connected to all government offices in Benin and private buildings who can afford it. It is 24hrs they nor they take am, I work in a government office in Benin and there's also a free WiFi in all government office totally free browse and download as u like, na just tech and renovation of public building obaseki put edo money for 7 years e mess up in every other area
tnerro1:
Initial gra gar, u no get stable power supply, u wan do e governance, with the new power law signed by tinubu, instead of the governor to look for investor to set up an IPP plant , he is doing white elephant e governance , dey play

We go ask how far 3 months from now

1 Like

Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by aQUINandmore: 10:15am On Aug 30, 2023
tiswell:
...and you know all these from ya cave in ogbomosho.
alright kid, I've noticed you.
Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by Shikini: 10:24am On Aug 30, 2023
Great
Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by Segzy19: 10:29am On Aug 30, 2023
I hope they have put the necessary things in place before starting this paperless administration. Otherwise, it's a good way to go .....
Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by SeunDAssLicker: 10:35am On Aug 30, 2023
Fibonacci88:
Do the civil servants have official email? How many civil servants in Edo state are computer literate. Does the state have the a tech team to manage Thier web mails? All this questions need to be answered before releasing any circular. This is just a knee jerk decision just like the one Baba blu made at eagle square that has sent millions of Nigerians into untold hardship.

Without doing any checks, you’ve made yourself actually look uninformed. Take your time and do a quick research, they’ve been that way for over 2years now.

They’ve been adequately trained and equipped, hence the deadline for full compliance.
Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by contentmakerPRO: 10:38am On Aug 30, 2023
austinleo78:

Anything digital is traceable sir.. lol
lolz, agree, BUT thats is an advance countries, not in nigeria my dear. This type of idea is to delete evidence and facts, when needed as the government is winding down trust me. Come to think of it, from edo state that even paper work is even difficult to process, na dis paperless go work? Think am na.
Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by AmazingELixir: 10:43am On Aug 30, 2023
Fibonacci88:
Do the civil servants have official email? How many civil servants in Edo state are computer literate. Does the state have the a tech team to manage Thier web mails? All this questions need to be answered before releasing any circular. This is just a knee jerk decision just like the one Baba blu made at eagle square that has sent millions of Nigerians into untold hardship.

And got to know the government of Edo state just woke up one day to give that directive without putting in place the necessary infrastructure how..?
Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by Larryndelaw: 11:01am On Aug 30, 2023
Nonsense. How many civil servants knows how to use computers . How many of them know how to create an email. Is these an achievement
Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by Viktori(m): 11:20am On Aug 30, 2023
aQUINandmore:
I live between airport road and sapele road, in what area here do people enjoy 24 hours light?

Which secondary school did he renovate?

Come, are you a virgin?

1. Do you or do not see OssiomoPower? Do you or do you not see the street lights powered at Airport Road and Sapele road?
Please do answer.

2. I don't work for the state government nor have the statistics but I can point at Benin Technical College, Ugbowo, School of Nursing, Ugbor, School of Health, Dumez (on-going). Thank you for mentioning Usen and Ekiadolor but mind you Ekiadolor has been taken over by the Fed. Govt, as a Federal University for Education. That's now outside the state government.

3. IGR? I can't substantiate or agree with this figure until I confirm.

Have you seen the Edo City Mall? The EMOWA? Please we're running round same circles. I'm just saying he has done some things while you claim there's nothing on ground.

4. 🤣🤣🤣 How has sexuality entered the discussion?
Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by Pascal9: 11:27am On Aug 30, 2023
Fibonacci88:
is computer literate rocket science
Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by Cdoki: 12:02pm On Aug 30, 2023
Ok it's a good move, and highly welcome. Other states should follow suit

1 Like

Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by BluntCrazeMan: 2:11pm On Aug 30, 2023
kokoA:
Good one.

It can be HACKED..

And people will be seeing some classified and secret information.
Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by BluntCrazeMan: 2:12pm On Aug 30, 2023
nlfpmod:
EDO STATE GOVERNMENT Of NIGERIA
OFFICE OF THE HEAD OF SERVICE

August, 2023

CIRCULAR LETTER

Hon. Commissioners; Special Advisers; Permanent Secretaries; Auditors-General (State and Local Governments); Heads, Extra-Ministerial Departments; Chief Executives, Boards; Agencies and Parastatals, Edo State.

RE: PROHIBITION OF PHYSICAL FILES IN EDO STATE CIVIL/PUBLIC SERVICE AND FULL TRANSITION TO PAPERLESS MODE OF COMMUNICATION

I am directed to refer to the above subject and to inform you that, preparatory to the 1st September, 2023 deadline for no-paper governance In Edo State, His Excellency, Mr Godwin Nogheghase Obaseki, Governor, Edo State has directed that with effect from Monday, 28th August, 2023, the Office of the Governor will no longer accept Physical files from any Ministry, Department or Agency of Government.

2. Hon Commissioners, Special Advisers, Permanent Secretaries and Heads of MDAs are to circulate this Circular Letter widely, while ensuring strict compliance with its contents, please.

E.O. Edionweme
For: Head of Service

The system can be HACKED..

And people will be seeing some classified and secret information.
Re: No-Paper Governance In Edo; Physical Files Prohibited In Civil/Public Service by tishbite42: 6:20pm On Aug 30, 2023
aQUINandmore:
grin grin
Maybe you are writing from another state Sha.
Which roads are still standing tall? Do you know how many parts of Edo State I cover in a week due to my wakawaka business?
Which roads are you taking about when the internal roads in Benin metro are all eyesore?

Which other part of Edo State did he work in when he didn't do a shiit in Benin city and I see you making excuses of scarce resources when edo state is among the states that receives one of the highest fed allocation, 13 percent derivation, borrow borrow and IGR.

Which building am I seeing around? Every new building I see around are built by private individuals and they end up not having access roads to their newly built houses, or you want me to commend him for renovating the state secretariat? Or you think I'm kolomental patent to be happy that a whole state governor went to commission Street light at night? When most of the street lights in the whole benin metro are not working?

Despite the money spent on osisiomo power project we were told there would be improvement in our electricity when the project comes up but what do we have now? More darkness.

Did I see you mentioning education cry cry cry or are you sure you are in edo state.
Who doesn't know obaseki has rubbished the Edo education system from tertiary to basic?
It's a pity you can be deceived by edo best rhytorics, which edo best when secondary schools are dead in edo, no teachers, no chairs and dilapidated school buildings?
Someone that drastically reduced subvention funds of all the tertiary institutions in edo from hundreds of millions to peanuts, someone that closed tertiary schools for years in the name of renovation?

Which state owned security you dey talk about?
The ones that are busy chasing drivers up and down for settlement or the ones that are hunting for yahoo boys to find them small thing.
Which state security when the entire stretch of benin auchi road is a den of criminals?

I know you are not here in Benin, ask people in Benin about this man called obaseki.

I only like him because I know he will spend on me very much when he eventually becomes my sugar daddy.
I love you obaseki baby kiss kiss

God grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Is The Best Governor For The 2007-2011 Term / ECOWAS Leaders Meet Again On Mali / Breaking: Igbo Owned Building Material Market Attack And Burn Down In Sokoto-pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.