Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,056 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Ali Bongo: I Don't Know What's Happening, I Have Been Arrested, make noise - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ali Bongo: I Don't Know What's Happening, I Have Been Arrested, make noise (52546 Views)

President Ali Bongo Explains Why There Are No Term Limits In Gabon's Presidency / Gabon: Ousted President, Bongo Under House Arrest, Son Charged For Treason / Gabon President Ali Bongo Who Suffered Stroke Asks Supporters To Vote Him Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ali Bongo: I Don't Know What's Happening, I Have Been Arrested, make noise by Liverpoolfc(m): 5:07pm On Aug 30, 2023
Noise kill you there. These African leaders are taking Africans for granted.

1 Like

Re: Ali Bongo: I Don't Know What's Happening, I Have Been Arrested, make noise by airsaylongcome: 5:10pm On Aug 30, 2023
christistruth01:

Yeah. Thanks.for the reference. Wouldn't that be meddling with Ethiopia's internal affairs though? I think whatever they (AU) do in terms of negotiations is in advisory capacity and has no legal backing. Any of the parties in the negotiations can back out without any negative consequences.

All the same, thanks. I really appreciate the reference.
Re: Ali Bongo: I Don't Know What's Happening, I Have Been Arrested, make noise by azpekuliar: 5:21pm On Aug 30, 2023
IJEYdiamond:

Really??

Yes. The idiot shut down the internet before the election and it was still shut down at the time of the coup. It was the military that restored it.
Re: Ali Bongo: I Don't Know What's Happening, I Have Been Arrested, make noise by SaLongs1(m): 5:29pm On Aug 30, 2023
Brendaniel:
If your people are in support of the military guys then who are you now telling to shout for you?

It is quite clear the people were not with you and you were not with the people
Just imagine a so called civilian government shutting down the internet so as to comfortably rigg elections.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ali Bongo: I Don't Know What's Happening, I Have Been Arrested, make noise by Maski87: 5:36pm On Aug 30, 2023
Offpointng:
But why are Igbos happy on Coup happenings in Africa and wishing same on Nigeria??

Oh they think they'll live much better under a Military rule?? A sect of people who cheer a domestic terrorism called "Sit at home" who in turn became a Nemesis to affect their well being can mean nothing to be but a Foolish people

The south east has been thriving by self development since 1970 after the Civil war,so it doesn't matter to them Civil or military, I think agbado people will suffer most with military government

South East will Suffer more under a Northern Military Rule - FFK
Re: Ali Bongo: I Don't Know What's Happening, I Have Been Arrested, make noise by Utanisco(m): 5:40pm On Aug 30, 2023
I'm counting on MA money so I can't hear you
Re: Ali Bongo: I Don't Know What's Happening, I Have Been Arrested, make noise by Awoleesu(m): 5:40pm On Aug 30, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
should we tell him?

No Loud am Abeg.... Make Aso Rock no get the intel! lipsrsealed
Re: Ali Bongo: I Don't Know What's Happening, I Have Been Arrested, make noise by diggindeep: 5:46pm On Aug 30, 2023
Make a joyful noise
Re: Ali Bongo: I Don't Know What's Happening, I Have Been Arrested, make noise by learnedman(m): 5:53pm On Aug 30, 2023
It's about time to get rid of Ebola the virus that has infected Nigeria, we can't wait! shocked shocked
Re: Ali Bongo: I Don't Know What's Happening, I Have Been Arrested, make noise by Error401: 6:41pm On Aug 30, 2023
Cameroon
YouEssay:
You are fortunate to still be alive.

Gaddafi cried & begged for his life, but was dehumanized & killed by an evil mob sponsored by the West. cry

The liberation of Africa from the grip of UTTERLY USELESS western terrorists continues...

Which country is next?
πŸ‡¨πŸ‡²Cameroun?

Re: Ali Bongo: I Don't Know What's Happening, I Have Been Arrested, make noise by Ykc2(m): 6:59pm On Aug 30, 2023
Offpointng:
But why are Igbos happy on Coup happenings in Africa and wishing same on Nigeria??

Oh they think they'll live much better under a Military rule?? A sect of people who cheer a domestic terrorism called "Sit at home" who in turn became a Nemesis to affect their well being can mean nothing to be but a Foolish people

if benue,plateau ,zamfara,kastina, niger state plus bornu can sit at home for 3 days so fulani bandits will stop killing them they will be happy to sit 4days every week
Re: Ali Bongo: I Don't Know What's Happening, I Have Been Arrested, make noise by Ykc2(m): 7:01pm On Aug 30, 2023
Offpointng:

if benue,plateau ,zamfara,kastina, niger state plus bornu can sit at home for 3 days so fulani bandits will stop killing them, they will be happy to sit 4days every week

1 Like

Re: Ali Bongo: I Don't Know What's Happening, I Have Been Arrested, make noise by Blackdisciple(m): 7:06pm On Aug 30, 2023
Baba you need rest...
But this man get mind to contest again walai...

African leaders wish to old and die in power
Re: Ali Bongo: I Don't Know What's Happening, I Have Been Arrested, make noise by wisz1(m): 7:12pm On Aug 30, 2023
The same man previously grin

1 Like

Re: Ali Bongo: I Don't Know What's Happening, I Have Been Arrested, make noise by Clinton14(m): 7:53pm On Aug 30, 2023
fergie001:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEipaAmxu3U

SOURCE: Stanis Bujakera Tshiamala

On Saturday, the Central African Nation's Communications Minister, Rodrigue Mboumba Bissawou, on state television said that internet access was being restricted indefinitely, saying there had been calls for violence and the spreading of disinformation.

The announcement came after voters cast ballots to elect new local leaders, national legislators and Gabon's next President.

The junta have lifted the ban.

God punish you!

1 Like

Re: Ali Bongo: I Don't Know What's Happening, I Have Been Arrested, make noise by lexy2014: 8:30pm On Aug 30, 2023
He is now looking very humble. Brings back memories of Alpha Conde when he was outsted in Guinea and put in the back of a pick up.

When they are in power they behave as if they are invincible. See how ordinary he looks now
Re: Ali Bongo: I Don't Know What's Happening, I Have Been Arrested, make noise by lexy2014: 8:31pm On Aug 30, 2023
Blackdisciple:
Baba you need rest...
But this man get mind to contest again walai...

African leaders wish to old and die in power

When his father died as president? Why u de talk like this
Re: Ali Bongo: I Don't Know What's Happening, I Have Been Arrested, make noise by TMKsouth: 9:22pm On Aug 30, 2023
fergie001:

The difference is the same....
He is said to be a cousin to the Bongos, and was appointed head of the Republican Guard (what we call the Brigade of Guards in Nigeria), those exclusively responsible for the protection of the first family in 2020.

According to a report same year, the same man lifted high now bought 3 properties in middle- and working-class neighborhoods in Maryland, USA, and high-brow suburbs Silver Spring, etc.

The homes were purchased with a total of over $1 million in cash, he also served as a conduit for the first family to purchase choice properties, this is not unknown to the US, even from the time of the senior Bongo.

The house below he bought in Silver Spring for $447000 without a mortgage.

πŸ€¦πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ makes one wonder if Gabon will ever escape the vicious cycle. So im guessing he's not gonna be transitioning to a civilian government any time soon - or ever.
Re: Ali Bongo: I Don't Know What's Happening, I Have Been Arrested, make noise by TMKsouth: 9:25pm On Aug 30, 2023
AllenSpencer:

Hoping for the military to make the right choice is an illusion.

In Africa today, power grabbing is ALL about selfish interest!

Both in military and democracy, the continent has always failed.

Our mentality, orientation and greed is the sole cause of the continents problem.

Not that we don’t have patriots or people with great intentions, but the bad eggs far outnumber the good ones.

That's depressing. Maybe just a change to fresh faces is what the people want.

1 Like

Re: Ali Bongo: I Don't Know What's Happening, I Have Been Arrested, make noise by fergie001: 9:28pm On Aug 30, 2023
TMKsouth:
πŸ€¦πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ makes one wonder if Gabon will ever escape the vicious cycle. So im guessing he's not gonna be transitioning to a civilian government any time soon - or ever.
Your guess is as good as mine.
Re: Ali Bongo: I Don't Know What's Happening, I Have Been Arrested, make noise by jojothaiv(m): 9:33pm On Aug 30, 2023
What I know for sure is this, the redemption Africa so seeks for will not come from her giants.

Some of this big for nothing landmass are nothing to write Africa about..
Re: Ali Bongo: I Don't Know What's Happening, I Have Been Arrested, make noise by AllenSpencer: 9:33pm On Aug 30, 2023
TMKsouth:

That's depressing. Maybe just a change to fresh faces is what the people want.

Exactly! Fresh faces.

Immediately after the coup, the looting starts.
Re: Ali Bongo: I Don't Know What's Happening, I Have Been Arrested, make noise by victory36(m): 9:49pm On Aug 30, 2023
Fugazy2023:

Honestly igbos are a threat to national security. They are always on the side of evil
yes, I agree pls kick us out of Nigeria. I'm begging you guys.🀲
Re: Ali Bongo: I Don't Know What's Happening, I Have Been Arrested, make noise by TheCongo2: 10:03pm On Aug 30, 2023
RaptorX:
I thought they said this guy was a Biafran war orphan adopted by the late President Omar Bongo and not his biological son.

I doubt. In my opinion they look alike
Re: Ali Bongo: I Don't Know What's Happening, I Have Been Arrested, make noise by tachia406: 10:53pm On Aug 30, 2023
Gush! How can one particular family be ruling a country for 53 years? Gabon deserve a coup really
Re: Ali Bongo: I Don't Know What's Happening, I Have Been Arrested, make noise by hodari: 10:59pm On Aug 30, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Kagame is the new Paul Biya, the new Robert Mugabe. He will end up seeking for lifetime presidency like them. And will eventually meet his Waterloo. Rwanda is not as good as the media publicity make it out to be. Visit places other than Kigali and you will know that it's all smokes and mirrors
Absolutely correct. All na PR. The majority of Rwandans are Hutus and they hate Kagame with a passion. Only that they can't speak because of the police state.
Re: Ali Bongo: I Don't Know What's Happening, I Have Been Arrested, make noise by Stallione(m): 11:18pm On Aug 30, 2023
U don show urself nah, say u be chronic noise maker. Mek that complete the work wey partial stroke have started in ur silly life.

1 Like

Re: Ali Bongo: I Don't Know What's Happening, I Have Been Arrested, make noise by Blitzerz: 12:06am On Aug 31, 2023
Offpointng:

And why are you happy that people are ruling countries for decades with nothing to show?

Sharrap
Re: Ali Bongo: I Don't Know What's Happening, I Have Been Arrested, make noise by Ilekokonit: 12:11am On Aug 31, 2023
9jatriot:
All French speaking countries. Can someone tell me what the real issue is?

Me sef don confuse

The man on the street in these Francophone countries feels that their countries are independent from France in name only as France dictates behind the scenes who rules them and 25% or more of Frances electricity is powered by Uranium that France takes or probably buys at way below market value from Niger and France even has the luxury of selling electricity to other European countries whilst Niger relies on Nigeria for electricity. Other EU countries are not left behind as they also benefit from Niger's Uranium largesse for their electricity supplies in EU countries.

The Francophone African countries believe that their Presidents are mere puppets of France which dictates how their economies are run to the detriment of the common man in those countries hence they welcome the military boys whenever they strike.

Whether the khaki boys now taking over have altruistic intentions or just want power in order to loot and enrich themselves is yet to be discovered.

But the Bongo family in Gabon no try at all. Imagine the same family ruling for the past 56 years ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ali Bongo: I Don't Know What's Happening, I Have Been Arrested, make noise by LordHarrizona(m): 12:52am On Aug 31, 2023
Offpointng:

You your family and the 50 people who liked your Rubbish post are foolish!!!
Re: Ali Bongo: I Don't Know What's Happening, I Have Been Arrested, make noise by myrates: 4:35am On Aug 31, 2023
Bush meat don dey chase hunter,good riddance to bad leaders.
Re: Ali Bongo: I Don't Know What's Happening, I Have Been Arrested, make noise by Baonel(m): 5:05am On Aug 31, 2023
Offpointng:

and what have they enjoyed under your watch

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Shameless Taliban Fighters Play On Amusement Park Rides (Pix) / Senegalese President-Elect Bassirou Diomaye Faye Celebrates Victory With 2 Wives / Huge Explosion Hits Shia Mosque In Afghanistan, 100 Killed (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.