Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,757 members, 7,959,353 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:13 PM

Rivers State Declares Free Medicare For Residents! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers State Declares Free Medicare For Residents! (4033 Views)

Don’t Go Abroad For Medicare Throughout Your Four Years – LP Tells Buhari / APC Should Let Buhari Seek Medicare Abroad - Ayo Fayose / Osun State Declares 27th October Public Holiday To Mark Islamic New Year. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers State Declares Free Medicare For Residents! by clip: 7:28am On Oct 19, 2011
I will be too Happy of Amachi or any of his good Aids will read this tread and act on it. Any where u re going within Port Harcourt btw 7-10am and 4-4pm just add 2hrs extra because of the bad road network and bad road
Re: Rivers State Declares Free Medicare For Residents! by otokx(m): 9:12am On Oct 19, 2011
The rains have stopped; AMAECHI should order the contractors back to all the sites and they should work all through the night.
Re: Rivers State Declares Free Medicare For Residents! by Demdem(m): 9:24am On Oct 19, 2011
Sun of god:

I wish I could find out if:
Say you produced a voters card that showed you voted for the opposition + you dont pay utility bills because you live without electricity + dont pay tax because you are jobless - Do you stll get treatment?

Sun of God has raised a fundamental question here. Is it an offence not to have a voters card? To the best of my knowledge, it isnt illegal not to own one. why should that be a pre-requisite?
We have peeps that lives in bachas that arent connected to Nepa or even have water access but still live in the state, why should these ones be neglected?
Talking about Tax, you wouldnt expect a jobless man to pay such abi would we?
These conditions combined together suggest to me that Amaechi doesnt have the best of intentions to be honest in this regard.
Besides, just like other responses, he should be informed that the Rains seems to have stopped for now. He should ask his contractors to go back to site. My car is wrecked already.
Re: Rivers State Declares Free Medicare For Residents! by Bawss1(m): 9:30am On Oct 19, 2011
^ So how should the state check the crowd of people that will most likely claim to be Rivers state residents? Those are just control measures which any project like this will require before it is run down or overwhelmed by high demand.
Re: Rivers State Declares Free Medicare For Residents! by Demdem(m): 9:44am On Oct 19, 2011
Bawss1:

^ So how should the state check the crowd of people that will most likely claim to be Rivers state residents? Those are just control measures which any project like this will require before it is run down or overwhelmed by high demand.

u are right. it could be abused if control measures aren't put in place (this is especially so in the city and not the villages or interlands). Those states that give preferences to all children, pregnant women and the aged aslo knows what they are doing. The truth is the ID card (which we dont effectively have yet) would have been a better bet. However, these conditions Amaechi has stated forwarded is lopsided in my opinion. The vast majority of people he hopefully think will help will not even benefit from it as a result of these conditions combined.
Those living outside the city (especially in the villages), why should they be subjected to all these condition in the first instance? Those ones should simply be free to walk in and out and yes the state has the resources.
Re: Rivers State Declares Free Medicare For Residents! by otokx(m): 9:50am On Oct 19, 2011
AMAECHI is wise and knows nobody will have or even bother to waste time presenting such credentials.
Re: Rivers State Declares Free Medicare For Residents! by playmode(m): 9:54am On Oct 19, 2011
@Sunofgod, maybe the reporter just added voter's card to spice up the story.I really don't think the Governor will say such a thing.I may be wrong but you know our reporters ,they can remix better than DJ Jazzy Jef grin .At topic it is a welcome development,i hope they can sustain it.
Re: Rivers State Declares Free Medicare For Residents! by Johndoe100(m): 9:56am On Oct 19, 2011
What makes you think that the people in the villages are to be subject to these conditions? We know ourselves and have people that will register each of us. Kind of like - here are my docs and here are my people who are depedents.

Demdem:

u are right. it could be abused if control measures aren't put in place (this is especially so in the city and not the villages or interlands). Those states that give preferences to all children, pregnant women and the aged aslo knows what they are doing. The truth is the ID card (which we dont effectively have yet) would have been a better bet. However, these conditions Amaechi has stated forwarded is lopsided in my opinion. The vast majority of people he hopefully think will help will not even benefit from it as a result of these conditions combined.
Those living outside the city (especially in the villages), why should they be subjected to all these condition in the first instance? Those ones should simply be free to walk in and out and yes the state has the resources.
Re: Rivers State Declares Free Medicare For Residents! by Demdem(m): 10:13am On Oct 19, 2011
Johndoe100:

What makes you think that the people in the villages are to be subject to these conditions? We know ourselves and have people that will register each of us. Kind of like - here are my docs and here are my people who are depedents.

well, based on the report the commissioner wasn't quoted to say anything about exception for the villagers. what i read said all residents and not indigenes, what do u mean by saying we know ourselves?
Re: Rivers State Declares Free Medicare For Residents! by Bawss1(m): 3:47pm On Oct 19, 2011
otokx:

The rains have stopped; AMAECHI should order the contractors back to all the sites and they should work all through the night.

The rains in PH stop only for a few hours.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Country: Oduduwa Republic / Finally, Onitsha Looks Like A Befitting Eastern Gateway / FFK'S Take On Ribadu's Defection And Apc's Reaction.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.