Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,611 members, 7,823,659 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

'Yorubanisation, Lagoslisation' In Tinubu's Appointments, Arewa Forum Raises Ala - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Yorubanisation, Lagoslisation' In Tinubu's Appointments, Arewa Forum Raises Ala (36204 Views)

Disquiet Over Tinubu’s Appointments / North Has No Right To Complain Over Tinubu’s Appointments – Northern Forum / Arewa Forum Condemns Attack On Fulani In South West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Yorubanisation, Lagoslisation' In Tinubu's Appointments, Arewa Forum Raises Ala by bayplus: 12:03am On Aug 31, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Not a Tinubu fan or supporter, but if he likes he can make appoint people all from one polling unit in Lagos, we no care. As long as they are southerners, we are fine. When Buhari was appointing Northerners into all sensitive and juicy roles, these stupid AEF folks didn't even have a slight cough. E reach time to drink their medicine dem dey catch covid

While I do not support Nepotism in any shape or form.

The reality is, bad precedence has been set already, the chances that the next tribe in power will do same is very high,, Minister of Aviation, Defence, FCT, Communication. Finance etc were all northerners since 2015, do these jokers expect Tinubu to still appoint same northerners in these same positions?

I can bet it that when next it is the turn of north,, they will still put these same abokis all over these same positions.

So why not wait for their turn to do it their way, I remember as a kid, it is always sweet to preach gospel of sharing when the others have what you want, but such sermon is bitter when you have what others want.

What goes round always comes round

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Yorubanisation, Lagoslisation' In Tinubu's Appointments, Arewa Forum Raises Ala by GUNITGuy: 12:03am On Aug 31, 2023
They should better keep kwayet ...when Bubu did his own Fulanisation no noise Wetin happen
Re: 'Yorubanisation, Lagoslisation' In Tinubu's Appointments, Arewa Forum Raises Ala by GUNITGuy: 12:09am On Aug 31, 2023
deji17:

You are only trying to be clever by half. Are these the only federal appointments? Can you list Federal positions that are not headed by Yoruba? When was the last time a Yoruba was appointed into any of the positions you listed?
When was the last time Yoruba was cg custom, chief of army staff, immigration cg, cbn governor,

1 Like

Re: 'Yorubanisation, Lagoslisation' In Tinubu's Appointments, Arewa Forum Raises Ala by poseidon12: 12:31am On Aug 31, 2023
Ooni:
Chief of army staff- Yoruba
Inspector general of police - Yoruba
Chief Justice of the federation- Yoruba
Head Customs- Yoruba
Head immigrations- Yoruba
Accountant general of the federation- Yoruba
CBN governor- Yoruba
NIMC MD - Yoruba

Admittedly this type of tribalism has never happened before in Nigeria.

A President of a diverse country like Nigeria should be above tribalism but Buhari did exactly the same thing.

1 Like

Re: 'Yorubanisation, Lagoslisation' In Tinubu's Appointments, Arewa Forum Raises Ala by poseidon12: 12:32am On Aug 31, 2023
creativehubb:

Tinubu has the perogative to choose people he can work with in his cabinet and team.

So he can only work with fellow Yoruba, right? You should be decent enough to not support tribalism and nepotism.
Re: 'Yorubanisation, Lagoslisation' In Tinubu's Appointments, Arewa Forum Raises Ala by Dzzzz: 12:42am On Aug 31, 2023
When Buhari do him own Una no talk..Una dey ment

1 Like

Re: 'Yorubanisation, Lagoslisation' In Tinubu's Appointments, Arewa Forum Raises Ala by deji17: 12:57am On Aug 31, 2023
GUNITGuy:

When was the last time Yoruba was cg custom, chief of army staff, immigration cg, cbn governor,

Here is Customs:

Directors and Comptroller-General past and present
Edit
Shehu Ahmadu Musa, as director of NCS 1978-1979
Jacob Gyang Buba, as Comptroller-General, 2004- May 2008
Hamman Bello, as Comptroller-General, May 2008- January 2009
Bernard Shaw Nwadialo, as Comptroller-General January 2009- August 2009
Abdullahi Dikko, as Comptroller-General 2009-2015
Hameed Ali, as Comptroller-General 2015–2023
Adewale Adeniyi, as Comptroller general 2023–present

This is the 1st time since 1978 that a Yoruba will be heading customs, despite the fact that a substantial amount of their activities and revenue comes from SW.

For Chief of Army Staff:
In fact since the Nigeria army was formed, it was only Gen Alani Akinrinade for 6 months in 1979 , the only Yoruba that has held the position of Chief of Army Staff.

Police IGP:
Since 1964, Only 2 Yorubas, Adewusi for 2 years and Tafa Balogun for 3 years that has ever become the Police IGP.

CBN Governor

Only Ola Vincent and Dele Sanusi has headed the CBN since inception. Sarah Alade only acted for few months.

Immigration
No Yoruba has headed Nigeria immigration until now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Yorubanisation, Lagoslisation' In Tinubu's Appointments, Arewa Forum Raises Ala by GUNITGuy: 1:16am On Aug 31, 2023
[quote author=marshmonii post=125470409][/quote]
Please when we complained about Bubus own none of the Forum guys talked ....See it's turn by turn... They're only surprised it was a Yoruba that did this ig an Ibo or Fulani or idoma man had done it they won't be uproar it's a normal thing...
When did YORUBAS headed those parastatals for the last 30yrs ...Custom Cg alone has been a North thing for over 30yrs no problem but now it's

1 Like

Re: 'Yorubanisation, Lagoslisation' In Tinubu's Appointments, Arewa Forum Raises Ala by GUNITGuy: 1:18am On Aug 31, 2023
deji17:

Here is Customs:

Edit

This is the 1st time since 1978 that a Yoruba will be heading customs, despite the fact that a substantial amount of their activities and revenue comes from SW.

For Chief of Army Staff:
In fact since the Nigeria army was formed, it was only Gen Alani Akinrinade for 6 months in 1979 , the only Yoruba that has held the position of Chief of Army Staff.

Police IGP:
Since 1964, Only 2 Yorubas, Adewusi for 2 years and Tafa Balogun for 3 years that has ever become the Police IGP.
No mind those people they think others are dummies

2 Likes

Re: 'Yorubanisation, Lagoslisation' In Tinubu's Appointments, Arewa Forum Raises Ala by nosa2ekundayo: 4:49am On Aug 31, 2023
EbolaTinubu:

So because the useless Buhari did it, him too wants to reciprocate sha?

Hahahaha, what were u expecting bro?
Buhari circumcised our hearts to start taking such bitter pills and now we have added it to our menu..unless military takes over, expect it to remain so!

I am absolutely Obidient but may stop the support for him if he does not do the same!

Just as you guys are doing it over there I am practicing it in my little space already.
It's all about the potency of the Buhari's first bitter pill.....it was too potent...

Incase anybody wan quote me, I present to him/her 6 units of nairaland big teeths.

1 Like

Re: 'Yorubanisation, Lagoslisation' In Tinubu's Appointments, Arewa Forum Raises Ala by creativehubb: 6:24am On Aug 31, 2023
poseidon12:

So he can only work with fellow Yoruba, right? You should be decent enough to not support tribalism and nepotism.
Do you know the meaning of 'perogative'?
Re: 'Yorubanisation, Lagoslisation' In Tinubu's Appointments, Arewa Forum Raises Ala by Chiefpriestt: 6:49am On Aug 31, 2023
madridguy:
Calm down small and learn to respect your president.

A criminal drug lord and an election rigger deserves no iota of respect.
Re: 'Yorubanisation, Lagoslisation' In Tinubu's Appointments, Arewa Forum Raises Ala by eteebanky: 7:34am On Aug 31, 2023
Hypocrites

When clueless Buhari was hausalizing all juicy federal position, una no talk then......stupid lots

Don't disturb us pls, let us enjoy our tenure

1 Like

Re: 'Yorubanisation, Lagoslisation' In Tinubu's Appointments, Arewa Forum Raises Ala by Bizibi(m): 7:51am On Aug 31, 2023
Ooni:
Chief of army staff- Yoruba
Inspector general of police - Yoruba
Chief Justice of the federation- Yoruba
Head Customs- Yoruba
Head immigrations- Yoruba
Accountant general of the federation- Yoruba
CBN governor- Yoruba
NIMC MD - Yoruba

Admittedly this type of tribalism has never happened before in Nigeria.
before
Re: 'Yorubanisation, Lagoslisation' In Tinubu's Appointments, Arewa Forum Raises Ala by themanderon: 7:54am On Aug 31, 2023
They have found their voices. When Buhari was doing as he pleased appointing his brothers from the north what did arewa say then? Did we not warn that he was setting up a dangerous precedent that many presidents will follow through with?
Tinubu should go ahead and appoint every Yoruba man appointable into every position fillable. Rubbish country. They only speak up if it doesn't favor them.

1 Like

Re: 'Yorubanisation, Lagoslisation' In Tinubu's Appointments, Arewa Forum Raises Ala by amorprincesa: 8:37am On Aug 31, 2023
See their mouth yen yen yen! Hypocrites
Buhari did the same and they didn't come out to caution him because it suits them. Now power has changed and that Thief Tinubu has followed Buhari footsteps, they decided to cry out.
Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: 'Yorubanisation, Lagoslisation' In Tinubu's Appointments, Arewa Forum Raises Ala by Bukola94: 9:12am On Aug 31, 2023
deji17:

Here is Customs:

Edit

For Chief of Army Staff:

Police IGP:

CBN Governor

Only Ola Vincent and Dele Sanusi has headed the CBN since inception. Sarah Alade only acted for few months.

Immigration
No Yoruba has headed Nigeria immigration until now.
Thanks for bringing this out. I have screenshot for future reference. I like getting facts, I like truth and I love researchers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Yorubanisation, Lagoslisation' In Tinubu's Appointments, Arewa Forum Raises Ala by Lincton: 9:15am On Aug 31, 2023
Competency supercedes all. A round peg in a round hole is all that matters.
Re: 'Yorubanisation, Lagoslisation' In Tinubu's Appointments, Arewa Forum Raises Ala by Bukola94: 9:23am On Aug 31, 2023
Tribalism, nepotism, bigotry and hypocrisy have kill this nation. Double standard, any entity or groups of people that wants to divide, disrupt and cause chaos or slow down the development of this nation or try to cause disunity shall perish IJN, God will destroy them and the gods and anything they believe or worship shall destroy them. Any groups spilling innocent people blood shall die a painful death. War monger shall perish. Amen,aamin,asee
Re: 'Yorubanisation, Lagoslisation' In Tinubu's Appointments, Arewa Forum Raises Ala by mp3ree: 9:27am On Aug 31, 2023
AllenSpencer:
Balderdash!

Anyone who is not satisfied should relocate to Gabon! It’s not a must you stay in Nigeria.

His Excellence, President Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu (GCFR) does not give a Kentucky Fried Fvcks about the opinion of miscreants.

They were silent when buhari was appointing mostly northerners to those positions.
Re: 'Yorubanisation, Lagoslisation' In Tinubu's Appointments, Arewa Forum Raises Ala by mp3ree: 9:33am On Aug 31, 2023
AllenSpencer:

Keep massaging your ego!

It’s beyond you!

You two should stop wishing death to yourselves cos of political difference.

1 Like

Re: 'Yorubanisation, Lagoslisation' In Tinubu's Appointments, Arewa Forum Raises Ala by Smoothwave: 9:41am On Aug 31, 2023
8 years ago buhari and fulani is the talk of the town,, eight years down the line, tinubu and yoruba are the talk of the town, waillers and the headless mob people go cry tire... you crying just started ,,, for another 8 years

1 Like

Re: 'Yorubanisation, Lagoslisation' In Tinubu's Appointments, Arewa Forum Raises Ala by Slymking: 9:53am On Aug 31, 2023
Aboki don take overdose gum and tramadol again with taba now he’s yanin dust 🤣 angry
Re: 'Yorubanisation, Lagoslisation' In Tinubu's Appointments, Arewa Forum Raises Ala by Adgraced: 11:32am On Aug 31, 2023
I'm glad with that. Buhari infiltrated every nook and cranny of NIGERIAN economy with Hausa-fulani as if they are the only competent people in Nigeria ( even when posterity as shown that they mostly lack leadership and intellectual skills). The AREWA group did not cry foul. Maybe, just maybe with these new sets of appointments, there may be some positive changes.
Re: 'Yorubanisation, Lagoslisation' In Tinubu's Appointments, Arewa Forum Raises Ala by deji17: 12:12pm On Aug 31, 2023
Bukola94:
Thanks for bringing this out. I have screenshot for future reference. I like getting facts, I like truth and I love researchers
You are welcome!
Re: 'Yorubanisation, Lagoslisation' In Tinubu's Appointments, Arewa Forum Raises Ala by Freemasonry: 12:28pm On Aug 31, 2023
This is the peak of hypocrisy.

You never complained when BUHARI was practicing Fulanization, now it's paining you.

You guys will suffer for 600 years until you learn to condemn what is bad irrespective of who's involved.

For now, let the Chicago baron do his thing.
Re: 'Yorubanisation, Lagoslisation' In Tinubu's Appointments, Arewa Forum Raises Ala by Thonee(m): 12:56pm On Aug 31, 2023
Baba diapers learnt everything from Jubril.
Re: 'Yorubanisation, Lagoslisation' In Tinubu's Appointments, Arewa Forum Raises Ala by Ihengwu: 2:02pm On Aug 31, 2023
They are hypocrites. They did not cry out when 90% of Buhari's appointees were from the North. This is why Nigeria can never be one because people are just dishonest.
Re: 'Yorubanisation, Lagoslisation' In Tinubu's Appointments, Arewa Forum Raises Ala by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 31, 2023
Peppysco:

Na people wey nor dey respect their fathers,elders or their kings you wan dey preach respect to, baba, you go preach tire ooo.

Keep quiet you tribal bigot.

I respect my father, elder and king.

Adress the individual in question and do not extend your tribal conclusion to the all Igbos.
Re: 'Yorubanisation, Lagoslisation' In Tinubu's Appointments, Arewa Forum Raises Ala by Peppysco: 2:45pm On Aug 31, 2023
Skyview01:

Keep quiet you tribal bigot.

I respect my father, elder and king.

Adress the individual in question and do not extend your tribal conclusion to the all Igbos.

Fool, like you and your minions do when denigrating the others right?
Re: 'Yorubanisation, Lagoslisation' In Tinubu's Appointments, Arewa Forum Raises Ala by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 31, 2023
Peppysco:

Fool, like you and your minions do when denigrating the others right?

You are still being idiotic you brainless bigot. I don't have to do anything because I am educated enough to know i am not accountable for the actions of others who i have zero control over.
Same way you are not accountable for the actions of other Yorubas. I will only hold you responsible for your own actions.
You may be too brain dead to understand how rules of accountabilities work . Consider this a free education from me.
Re: 'Yorubanisation, Lagoslisation' In Tinubu's Appointments, Arewa Forum Raises Ala by DenreleDave(m): 3:07pm On Aug 31, 2023
Skyview01:

You are still being idiotic you brainless bigot. I don't have to do anything because I am educated enough to know i am not accountable for the actions of others who i have zero control over.
Same way you are not accountable for the actions of other Yorubas. I will only hold you responsible for your own actions.
You may be too brain dead to understand how rules of accountabilities work . Consider this a free education from me.

Valid ☑

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Banky W Jubilant After Winning PDP Rerun Primaries & Reps Ticket (Video) / List Of Oil Marketers Approved By Dangote Refinery To Lift Refined Products / 2023 Nigeria Elections: We Saw Evidence Of Vote-buying, EU’s Chief Observer Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.