Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,905 members, 7,838,227 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

It's Totally Okay Not To Be Patriotic To A Country If The Government Is Very Bad - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It's Totally Okay Not To Be Patriotic To A Country If The Government Is Very Bad (193 Views)

Why Are Foreign Born Igbos More Patriotic To Nigeria / Tinubu: I Will Correct The Wrongs In The Country If Given The Chance. / If A Foreign Nation Invade Nigeria, Will You Be Patriotic To Enlist In The Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's Totally Okay Not To Be Patriotic To A Country If The Government Is Very Bad by Kepukepu: 10:35am On Aug 31, 2023
I read about people talking about patriotism to our country, which is not bad but patriotism is earn in many cases. While patriotism is certainly something that many people feel, it's not an absolute requirement. In fact, there are plenty of valid reasons for someone to not be patriotic, including feeling disillusioned by the actions of their government or feeling disconnected from their country's values and priorities. It's important to remember that patriotism is a personal choice, not a mandatory duty. Now, if someone is actively working against the interests of their country or trying to undermine its stability and security, that's a different story.

Now the question should be, what values should a typical Nigerian be patriotic to?
Is it the gross ethnicity?
Corruption?
Lack of dividends of democracy?
Or the rotten values in the fabrics of the society?

It's very okay if anyone chooses not to be patriotic to this country because the country has not earned to be sincere. We not have a core value that warrants that

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Totally Okay Not To Be Patriotic To A Country If The Government Is Very Bad by Ballmer: 11:14am On Aug 31, 2023
Unpatriotic like Ironsi n his Igbo Gand that planned the first coup in Nigeria.

Unpatriotic like Ojukwu another Igbo who wage war on Nigeria.

OP you are very right but I hope your story won't change when Pandora. Obi is despised as president of Biafra.
Kepukepu:
I read about people

4 Likes

Re: It's Totally Okay Not To Be Patriotic To A Country If The Government Is Very Bad by christistruth01: 11:19am On Aug 31, 2023
That is why your end is a basket case ruled over by disloyal Criminals
Re: It's Totally Okay Not To Be Patriotic To A Country If The Government Is Very Bad by Kepukepu: 11:42am On Aug 31, 2023
Ballmer:
Unpatriotic like Ironsi n his Igbo Gand that planned the first coup in Nigeria.

Unpatriotic like Ojukwu another Igbo who wage war on Nigeria.

OP you are very right but I hope your story won't change when Pandora. Obi is despised as president of Biafra.
when I was making this post, I didn't have tribal bigots with sandpaper IQ in mind

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It's Totally Okay Not To Be Patriotic To A Country If The Government Is Very Bad by Ballmer: 12:34pm On Aug 31, 2023
So listing coup plotter n war leader is now tribal bigotry with your sawdust IQ ?

Kepukepu:
when I was making this post, I didn't have tribal bigots with sandpaper IQ in mind
Re: It's Totally Okay Not To Be Patriotic To A Country If The Government Is Very Bad by AfonjaConehead: 3:01pm On Aug 31, 2023
Ballmer:
So listing coup plotter n war leader is now tribal bigotry with your sawdust IQ ?
see how kepukepu finish and summerize ya whole existence with Jas two words- Sandpaper I.Q! CHAI!!!!!! grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Tinubu Replaces Ondo, Cross River Reps On NDDC Board / ACIU Drifting Away From "The Abiriba Spirit". / Peter Obi Failed To Identify Polling Units With Irregularities — Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.