Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:58 PM

Erling Haaland And Guardiola Won UEFA Men’s Player And Coach Of The Year Award - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Erling Haaland And Guardiola Won UEFA Men’s Player And Coach Of The Year Award (13858 Views)

Real Madrid Preparing A £292m Package To Sign Both Haaland And Mbappe / Roman Abramovich 'to Hand Chelsea £260m Warchest' To Sign Haaland And Others / Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Erling Haaland And Guardiola Won UEFA Men’s Player And Coach Of The Year Award by AImiron: 6:14pm On Aug 31, 2023
Erling Haaland has been selected as the 2022/23 UEFA Men’s Player of the Year. Pep Guardiola also won the UEFA Coach of the Year award.

Haaland, who was nominated alongside fellow sky blue star Kevin De Bruyne, also beat off competition from Lionel Messi.

The award was revealed at the Grimaldi Forum in Monaco this evening and caps a brilliant week for the forward, who was named PFA Players’ Player of the Year on Tuesday.

Haaland enjoyed a phenomenal 2022/23 season that culminated in the illustrious Treble of Premier League, FA Cup and UEFA Champions League.

He took the Premier League by storm beating the goal record set by Alan Shearer and Andrew Cole, by firing home a remarkable 36.

He also hit 52 across all competitions - the most goals in all competitions by a player at a Premier League club.

Haaland was on fire in Europe too, scoring 12 goals, which made him top scorer in the Champions League this past campaign.

That tally also meant he enjoyed the honour of most goals for an English club in a single Champions League season, alongside former Man Utd striker, Ruud van Nistelrooy.

The 23-year-old also became not only the youngest but the quickest player to net 35 Champions League goals – five of which he scored in our 7-0 win over RB Leipzig in the Round of 16.

That means he became only the third player ever to score five goals in one Champions League game.

I am honoured to have been named UEFA Men’s Player of the Year. There are so many top talents across Europe who could have won this award, so I am really grateful to everyone who voted for me,” said Haaland.

We have an incredible team here at Manchester City and this accolade wouldn’t have been possible without the support of my teammates, coaches and all of the staff at the Club.

It was an incredible season for all of us and for me personally after securing the Treble. Lifting my first Premier League, FA Cup and UEFA Champions League was an incredible feeling and it’s a feeling we all want to share again this season.”

Treble-winning City boss Pep Guardiola has been named the 2022/23 UEFA Men's Coach of the Year.

Guardiola, who led City to the Premier League, FA Cup and Champions League trophies across the season, was on a three-man shortlist for the prestigious honour.

He beat off competition from Simone Inzaghi, who led Inter to the Ataturk Olympic Stadium showpiece final against City, as well as Luciano Spalletti, who won the Serie A title with Napoli.

In emerging victorious in Turkey on that memorable June evening, Guardiola became the first manager to win two European Trebles in the men’s game.

It helped him surpass the eight other bosses who have won one European men’s Treble, including Celtic's Jock Stein, Stefan Kovacs of Ajax, Guus Hiddink with PSV, Sir Alex Ferguson with Manchester United, Jose Mourinho with Inter, Bayern Munich's Jupp Heynckes, Luis Enrique of Barcelona and Hansi Flick of Bayern Munich.

SOURCE

14 Likes

Re: Erling Haaland And Guardiola Won UEFA Men’s Player And Coach Of The Year Award by TemplarLandry: 6:15pm On Aug 31, 2023
The collaboration of these two is superb.

I dedicate “Treacherous Twins” by Drake & 21 Savage to them. Great jam!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Erling Haaland And Guardiola Won UEFA Men’s Player And Coach Of The Year Award by Chinonye2022(m): 6:17pm On Aug 31, 2023
Congrats to them and congrats to messi ballon in advance 8th ballon d or loading

38 Likes

Re: Erling Haaland And Guardiola Won UEFA Men’s Player And Coach Of The Year Award by OJEEMAH(m): 6:19pm On Aug 31, 2023
Well deserved!

UEFA Player of the Year
2x UEFA Top scorer

On his way to win Balon D’or & FIFA Best

Mbappe better join Madrid now

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Erling Haaland And Guardiola Won UEFA Men’s Player And Coach Of The Year Award by decatalyst(m): 6:20pm On Aug 31, 2023
Haaland really did well.

He has a great future ahead of him.

Mbape need to leave the farmers league to win champions League and earn the deserved recognition.

He is a good lad too.

I foresee Ronaldo </>/= Messi argument with these two in the near future.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Erling Haaland And Guardiola Won UEFA Men’s Player And Coach Of The Year Award by Xscape1993(m): 6:22pm On Aug 31, 2023
Congratulations to him!!

2 Likes

Re: Erling Haaland And Guardiola Won UEFA Men’s Player And Coach Of The Year Award by Calenikan(m): 6:23pm On Aug 31, 2023
Congratulations to them 🎉

2 Likes

Re: Erling Haaland And Guardiola Won UEFA Men’s Player And Coach Of The Year Award by AImiron: 6:26pm On Aug 31, 2023
OJEEMAH:
Well deserved!

UEFA Player of the Year
2x UEFA Top scorer

On his way to win Balon D’or & FIFA Best

Mbappe better join Madrid now
I didn’t know say na oga I quote oo
Re: Erling Haaland And Guardiola Won UEFA Men’s Player And Coach Of The Year Award by OJEEMAH(m): 6:28pm On Aug 31, 2023
na tight race between him and Messi
Re: Erling Haaland And Guardiola Won UEFA Men’s Player And Coach Of The Year Award by OJEEMAH(m): 6:29pm On Aug 31, 2023
AImiron:
I didn’t know say na oga I quote oo
I greet you boss🙌

2 Likes

Re: Erling Haaland And Guardiola Won UEFA Men’s Player And Coach Of The Year Award by AImiron: 6:29pm On Aug 31, 2023
OJEEMAH:
na tight race between him and Messi
glad I was able to modify lol. Did you saw it. I’m multitasking here.

There’s no competition Messi has won the ballon d’or already boss.

15 Likes

Re: Erling Haaland And Guardiola Won UEFA Men’s Player And Coach Of The Year Award by OJEEMAH(m): 6:30pm On Aug 31, 2023
AImiron:
glad I was able to modify lol. Did you saw it. I’m multitasking here.

There’s no competition Messi has won the ballon d’or already boss.
I didn’t see it ooh

You think say na your regular customers😂😂

8 Likes

Re: Erling Haaland And Guardiola Won UEFA Men’s Player And Coach Of The Year Award by AImiron: 6:31pm On Aug 31, 2023
OJEEMAH:
I didn’t see it ooh

You think say na your regular customers😂😂
I didn’t check the moniker , I only saw balloon for Haland and concluded say na dem, na when I saw your moniker, I quick modify, then stop what I was doing so I could read and reply wella

1 Like

Re: Erling Haaland And Guardiola Won UEFA Men’s Player And Coach Of The Year Award by AImiron: 6:32pm On Aug 31, 2023
Re: Erling Haaland And Guardiola Won UEFA Men’s Player And Coach Of The Year Award by OJEEMAH(m): 6:32pm On Aug 31, 2023
AImiron:
I didn’t check the moniker , I only balloon for him and concluded say na dem, na when I saw your moniker, I quick modify, then stop what I was doing so I could read and reply wella
You too like vawulence😂

4 Likes

Re: Erling Haaland And Guardiola Won UEFA Men’s Player And Coach Of The Year Award by AImiron: 6:34pm On Aug 31, 2023
OJEEMAH:
You too like vawulence😂
Penadogs must learn one way or the other, no rest for the wicked. Dem enjoy their time back then, now it’s our time to give em wotowoto

Pictures that go hard….

12 Likes

Re: Erling Haaland And Guardiola Won UEFA Men’s Player And Coach Of The Year Award by Reality100: 6:35pm On Aug 31, 2023
Well deserved but the balloon dor belongs to Messi..

13 Likes

Re: Erling Haaland And Guardiola Won UEFA Men’s Player And Coach Of The Year Award by OJEEMAH(m): 6:36pm On Aug 31, 2023
AImiron:
Penadogs must learn one way or the other, no rest for the wicked. Dem enjoy their time back then, now it’s our time to give em wotowoto

Pictures that go hard….
Like say na Messi win, the pages of this thread would have been flooded with “rigged & scripted.”

11 Likes

Re: Erling Haaland And Guardiola Won UEFA Men’s Player And Coach Of The Year Award by IamRichards: 6:38pm On Aug 31, 2023
Ucl winner: Haaland
Epl winner: Haaland
Fa Cup winner: Haaland
Uefa SC winner: Haaland
Ucl golden boot: Haaland
Epl golden boot: Haaland
Epl POTS: Haaland
Pfa POTY: Haaland
Uefa POTY: Haaland
European golden shoe: Haaland
Uefa POTY : Haaland

He is the best player in the world right now,and he's just 23

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Erling Haaland And Guardiola Won UEFA Men’s Player And Coach Of The Year Award by chiefolododo(m): 6:38pm On Aug 31, 2023
I don't know what Messi's name is doing there

6 Likes

Re: Erling Haaland And Guardiola Won UEFA Men’s Player And Coach Of The Year Award by oluwaseyi0: 6:38pm On Aug 31, 2023
Pep towers above all current active manager
Re: Erling Haaland And Guardiola Won UEFA Men’s Player And Coach Of The Year Award by SpeakurIdea: 6:39pm On Aug 31, 2023

Re: Erling Haaland And Guardiola Won UEFA Men’s Player And Coach Of The Year Award by Anitatunde(f): 6:39pm On Aug 31, 2023
Please say a prayer for Newcastle United 🤣🤣🤣🤣

No be to rush qualify for champions league be the matter, can you survive a night ?

4 Likes

Re: Erling Haaland And Guardiola Won UEFA Men’s Player And Coach Of The Year Award by Renderingbest: 6:40pm On Aug 31, 2023
He surely deserves it
Re: Erling Haaland And Guardiola Won UEFA Men’s Player And Coach Of The Year Award by BigBlvck: 6:40pm On Aug 31, 2023
They were phenomenal last season. Congratulations 🎉
Re: Erling Haaland And Guardiola Won UEFA Men’s Player And Coach Of The Year Award by OJEEMAH(m): 6:40pm On Aug 31, 2023
Reality100:
Well deserved but the balloon dor belongs to Messi..
it won’t be easy for Messi.

Haaland won UCL, EPL & FA Cup
Messi won World Cup & Ligue One

Haaland won UEFA POTY and was Top scorer in UCL & EPL
Messi won WC Golden Ball
Re: Erling Haaland And Guardiola Won UEFA Men’s Player And Coach Of The Year Award by NzogbuNzogbu: 6:40pm On Aug 31, 2023
Premier league best, uefa best player na their he reach

FIFA best, ballon d or we know na messi

OJEEMAH:
it won’t be easy for Messi.

Haaland won UCL, EPL & FA Cup
Messi won World Cup & Ligue One

Haaland won UEFA POTY and was Top scorer in UCL & EPL
Messi won WC Golden Ball
even haaland knows messi would have the smoothest ride

World cup Trump's everything especially the magnitude it was delivered and the significance of it to messi

11 Likes

Re: Erling Haaland And Guardiola Won UEFA Men’s Player And Coach Of The Year Award by aQUINandmore: 6:40pm On Aug 31, 2023
I don't like talking about players that has never played the world cup final once in their career.
I hate mediocrity.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat / Wike Splashes Cash Gift On Rivers United FC Players And Coach / Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso -- Your Predictions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.